Crushes

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KhelyKXAbE

Juniel- Illa Illa

----

Sohee didn’t know it was White Day until she stepped onto campus.

“HAPPY WHITE DAY, HOT SSEM!” Some of the sophomores yelled.

*Wow. White Day at an all boys’ school. I wonder how this day will turn out.* She chuckled and headed into the building.

“Good morning, ssem!” The students rushed by before she could greet them back. She shook her head while chuckling. *They’re so energetic this morning.*

Sohee stepped into the office and greeted the other teachers. She headed to her desk with a bright smile. “Happy White Day, Nayoung-shi.” “Happy White Day.” She smiled back.

On Sohee’s desk was a small box of milk chocolates. She blinked in surprise. *Who would give this to me?*

“It’s from me. Sorry to disappoint you if you thought it was a handsome prince.” Nayoung joked.

Sohee laughed. “No, I love milk chocolates. Thank you, Nayoung-shi.”

The bell rang for class. Sohee said goodbye to her co-worker and headed to class. “No running!” She told some boys. They stopped running but walked as fast as they could. Sohee stepped into classroom 3-5 right when the second bell rang. Only one-third of the class was filled.

As soon as the third bell rang, boys scrambled into the room, including Teen Top.

Sohee looked around in disbelief. “What is this? Why are only half of you here?”

“The others went to Haewa to give chocolates to the girls!” One of the boys confessed.

“Couldn’t they wait until after school?” Sohee shook her head. She began to call roll and marked whoever was absent. Ten minutes later, the other half of the students scrambled inside. Sohee raised an eyebrow. “All of you are tardy and received a mark.” “Aww, don’t be cold-hearted, sssem!” They whined.

“Too bad. No one told you to go to Haewa and be late.” She shrugged.

“Why so bitter? Is it because you don’t have a date today, ssem?” Hojin snickered. She shot him a look, and he shut up immediately.

“Please don’t be late again.” Sohee shut the binder and began to write on the chalkboard. She turned around only to see Kiwoo with his arm raised. “Yes, Park Kiwoo?”

“Is it true what Hojin said? You don’t have anyone to celebrate White Day with?” He asked.

Her face slightly burned as twenty-eight pairs of eyes keenly burned into her. Niel was especially interested in her answer. “That isn’t any of your concern. Now please open your books. Let’s review chapter nine for the unit test.” Sohee opened her book, and the question was forgotten. Niel was bothered though. *So is that a yes or a no?*

During break, Sohee graded papers in the office. She laughed and chatted with Nayoung about random topics. A shadow covered her desk, and she looked up. Jaehyuk was standing in front of her. “Song Jaehyuk.”

Sohee folded her hands together and smiled up at him. “What can I do for you?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to give you this.” He held out a bouquet of lovely carnations.

“Omo!” Sohee gasped. Nayoung stared at Jaehyuk. She knew Jaehyuk very well and knew he wasn’t the type to show affection to anyone.

“Wow, Jaehyuk. These are beautiful!” Sohee accepted the flowers.

“I just chose the first bouquet I saw.” He shrugged casually, but he was pleased to know she liked his gift.

“Thank you, Jaehyuk.” Sohee beamed. “I just wanted to thank you for taking care of Jaehwa and me.” He said.

“How is she?” Sohee asked. “She’s doing better. She received her last round of treatments, but a bone marrow transplant is still needed. I’m her match, so I need to be admitted to the hospital soon. That means I won’t be able to come to class.” Jaehyuk explained.

Sohee nodded. “Of course. I understand.”

“Cool…” He stepped back as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. “Um, ssem…Because I’ll be absent, it means I’ll be behind in my classes. So if you could somehow…um…”

Sohee smiled warmly. “I’ll gather all your schoolwork for you. Once you’re back healthy and rested, I’ll help you catch up on the materials. I’m sure Teacher Lee will also be happy to help you catch up in math.” She glanced at Nayoung, who snapped out of her shock and nodded. She cleared with a meek smile. “Don’t worry about your schoolwork. We’ll discuss it after you come back.”

Jaehyuk sincerely smiled, “Thank you.” He bowed at her then turned to Sohee. “And this is also for you, ssem.” He pushed a white envelope towards her.

“What is this?” Sohee thought it was a letter, but when she glimpsed inside, it was money. Her eyes widened, “Jaehyuk-“

“It’s to pay you back for the hospital bill.” He said.

Sohee shook her head. “You need this money. You don’t have to pay me back so quickly-“

Jaehyuk squeezed her hand to prevent her from giving the money back. “Please, ssem. It’ll make me feel better.”

Sohee paused then nodded. “If it really will make you feel better.”

“It will.” Jaehyuk nodded and left.

------

As usual, Sohee and Dookyung ate lunch in the office. Today’s menu was pork cutlet over rice.

“Teacher, you cook very well.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter