Paint

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d3FJ48idZg

BAP- Crash

----

The quiz results about the first half of the Gwangmu Reform were out.

Sohee walked up and down the aisles and passed the quizzes to each individual. She set the last quiz on the student’s desk and walked back to the front. Her lips were turned over into a small, disappointed frown.

“Ssem,” CAP called out in his deep voice, “Did I mention how cute you look in your outfit today? You’re beautiful.” Chunji chortled while L. Joe shook his head.

“Thank you, but flattery will get you nowhere.” Sohee muttered. She eyed her class. “What happened? Almost all of you passed the exam last time. Now less than half of this class passed this quiz.”

“Last time we had an incentive.” Jaesuk shrugged.

“Look here. Your incentive for passing should be getting a good grade and getting into college.” Sohee sighed. “What happened? Was the quiz too hard?”

“Yes.” Kiwoo nodded. “Kiwoo, you didn’t even try. Your quiz paper was blank.” Sohee pointed out.

“There was too much information, ssem! We couldn’t contain them all in our tiny brains!” Hojin knocked on his head. The class laughed.

“You don’t have tiny brains. Your brains have the amazing capability to memorize and learn an infinite amount of information. With a little effort, you should be able to retain them all.” Sohee stated. She took Hojin’s words into consideration, however. *Hmm. How can I help them keep hold of the history of the Gwangmu Reform in chronological order?* She thought of the gym and smiled widely. *Got it.* Sohee straightened up. “Everyone bring your books. We’re going to the gym.”

The boys excitedly stood up and followed her. They watched as Sohee brought out a huge roll of paper that covered 1/4 of one side of the wall. Their jaws dropped as she tried to tape the paper onto the wall. Sohee glanced back. “Why are you all just standing there? Help me put this up.” The boys glanced at each other. Dookyung was the first to move. He took another roll of tape and stuck one corner of the paper onto the wall. Soon, the others began to help.

Finished, Sohee tied her hair into a tidy bun. She went into the back of the gym. “What is she doing?” “Oh, boy. What does she have planned for us today?” “I need some help!” Sohee called. Instantly, Dookyung ran over. Hojin and Taegun glanced at each other then darted into the back room also.

Niel raised an eyebrow and waited. *What on earth does she have in mind?*

Sohee, Dookyung, Hojin, Taegun, and a few other boys brought out big cans of colorful paints and big paintbrushes. “What the hell are we doing? This isn’t art class.” Minki stated. Sohee ignored his comment. She dipped a brush into the black paint then drew a horizontal line right across the poster. Sohee turned around and faced her students who all looked baffled. “We’re going to create a timeline based on the Gwangmu Reform.”

“You serious?” The students gaped at her.

Sohee tossed two brushes at Kiwoo and Jaehyuk. “Get started.”

The boys were too stunned to move.

“Who wants to be the first? What happened first at the Gwangmu Reform?” She asked. No one volunteered.

“Come on. I’m letting you even use the book.” Sohee stated.

Dookyung boldly stepped up. In big, neat letters, he wrote ‘March 1883- Korea-Japanese Underground Cable Construction Treaty’.

Sohee beamed, “Good job. Come on, guys! You can receive participation points!”

One by one, the boys went up and began to add something to the timeline.

“I hate writing.” Minki muttered. “Then draw.” Sohee suggested.

He stared at her, “I can?” “Sure.” She shrugged. “At least write the event and date, but you can draw things related to the historic events.”

Minki brightened. He loved art.

“I’ll write the date and event for you, Minki.” Dookyung offered. Minki paused then shrugged, “All right. Cool.”

Sohee watched proudly as her students participated in the project.

“Gee, ssem.” Niel approached her with his hands in his pockets. “You sure have a way of making us do things we’ve never done before.”

Sohee crossed her arms. “Why aren’t you doing anything? Even Minsoo and Chanhee are working.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know what to write.”

“Use your history book.” Sohee pointed. Niel balanced it on top of his head and started to walk around.

“Oh, come on!” Sohee yanked the book off his head and opened it to the chapter they were studying. “Look between Jay and Hojin. What happened between October 1895 and July 1896?” Niel shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Sohee didn’t give up. October 1895 was the assassination of Empress Myeongseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter