What makes me happy

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj_V9RL5jo

4men- That Man, That Woman

----

As the week passed, things only worsened. By the end of the week, there were only eleven students in her classroom.

Most of her students had transferred to different classrooms.

Taegun, Minki, and Hojin still greeted and talked to her although they had been forced to switch classes by their parents. They treated her kindly and made sure no one bullied her in the hallways.

Joon and Jaesuk were ambivalent about the entire situation.

Kiwoo, of course, ignored her. Jay and Daeho ducked their heads whenever they met her in the hallways. They didn’t have any personal feelings against her, but their parents had forbidden them from interacting with her.

It was finally the weekend, and Sohee was relieved to stop pretending that everything was all right. On that particular Saturday afternoon, she was sitting across from Yijin.

Yijin’s narrow eyes penetrated deeply into her. Sohee knew a storm was brewing and was prepared for it. “What the hell were you thinking, Jung Sohee?” The news about her dating a high school student had even spread to Hansung. Sohee knew she had lost hope to teach at that prestigious school ever again.

“HOW CAN YOU-“ Yijin looked around, noticing that people were staring. She leaned over and hissed, “You’re playing with fire!”

Sohee had nothing to say. She knew Yijin was right. She was setting herself up for disaster.

“That kid is just in high school!” Yijin snapped. Sohee flinched at the venom in her tone.

“Are you sure you’re Jung Sohee, my level-headed best friend who knows the difference between right and wrong?” Yijin accused.

“Is it…so bad?” Sohee whispered.

“Bad? BAD?! Yah! Jung Sohee! This is ILLEGAL! He’s not out of high school yet, and he’s your student! You dated him WHILE you were teaching him. Does that sound logical to you?!” Yijin sneered. *He’ll be graduating in three weeks.* Sohee held her tongue though.

“So what are you planning to do? Obviously, you won’t keep meeting that student, will you?” Yijin asked.

Sohee didn’t answer. Yijin eyed her. “You won’t meet him…will you?”

Sohee looked at the ground in shame.

“YAH! JUNG SOHEE! YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!” Yijin yelled, not even bothering to keep her voice low this time. “You are unbelievable, you know that? You’re crazy. You need help.” She shook her head with a pale face.

“…Remember, Yijin? You told me I would go to regret going to Goryo one day?” Sohee whispered. She looked up with distraught eyes and heavy shoulders. “Today is the day. I regret going to Goryo…but for all the right reasons. I regret falling in love.” Sohee cried into her hands.

Yijin’s face fell. At that moment, she knew that her best friend had really fallen in love with a high school student. “Oh, Jung Sohee. What are we going to do?” Yijin felt her own tears stain her face. She walked over to Sohee and hugged her tightly. They cried together in confusion and distress.

-------

Sohee parked her car in the lot and headed towards her apartment building.

“Teacher.” A voice called. She turned her head to see Woobin standing there.

There wasn’t a happy grin or even a teasing smirk on his face. His expression was almost frantic.

“Kim Woobin. What are you doing here?” Sohee asked, surprised.

“I came to see you.” He searched her face. “Is it true? Are you…really in love with a boy from Goryo High?”

*Of course he would know. Everyone knows by now.* “Go back home, Woobin. I don’t feel like talking about that anymore.” She turned to go, but he caught her elbow and spun her around. “Tell me, teacher. I need to know.” He gazed deep into her eyes. “It’s not true…is it?”

Sohee looked into his eyes. She didn’t even try to hide it. “It’s true.”

His face fell.

“You got your confirmation. Now go home.” Sohee turned to go.

“Why him?!” Woobin shouted. Sohee stopped in her tracks.

He glared at her. “Why out of all the men in this world, why do you have to choose him?!”

*I don’t know. That’s the strange thing about love. You never know who you will fall for. It’s unpredictable like the weather.* She took a step forward

. “I LOVE YOU, TOO, TEACHER!” Woobin yelled. Sohee froze. “In fact, I loved you first. You were at Hansung first. You were my teacher first. So why did you give your heart to that bastard instead?!” He sneered. Suddenly, she grew overwhelmed. She couldn’t deal with so many things at once.

Sohee turned around and gazed at him with wretchedness. “Can’t you see I’m suffering because of my choice? I shouldn’t give my heart to you, and I shouldn’t have given my heart to him as well. I am a teacher, and you are my students. I should’ve kept it that way. Please, Kim Woobin. Go home.” Wearily, she went inside.

“Don’t love him, teacher! You can’t love that bastard!” He shouted. Sohee didn’t turn back as she stepped into the elevator. Tears streamed down his face, and he lowered his head as he choked back a sob. “It wouldn’t be fair.” He hoarsely whispered. “I thought I wouldn’t be able to have you because I was a high school student. But you tell me you are in love with one. So why him, and not me? Why?”

*Everyone is against our relationship. Everyone wants me to leave Niel. Is there anyone who is on my side who will at least make an effort to understand me?* Sohee stepped out of the elevator and almost went back inside. Waiting in front of her door was someone she last wanted to see right now.

Mr. Lee looked up, and his eyes rounded in surprise. “Sohee!”

With a scowl, she walked right past him. “What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay out of my life.”

“How can I stay out of your life when you’re going through all this drama?!” He hissed.

Sohee stared at him in shock. “H-how…” Mr. Lee gave her a sympathetic look. “I met Principal Park the other day at golf. I heard what was going with you…and that kid…”

Sohee’s face burned. She could care less about him, but she was mortified that he knew.

“I think we need to talk, and this time, I won’t take no for an answer.” Mr. Lee calmly, but firmly, stated.

Sohee spun around, yanked open her door, and stormed inside. Mr. Lee followed her inside and shut the door behind him. Sohee glanced at him and slightly softened. He had not been in her house for a long time. She always sent him away at the door. Mr. Lee looked around and realized everything was neat and pristine. *Just like her mother. This clean habit of hers never change.* He noticed that she didn’t have any family pictures around though.

“Would you…like some tea?” Sohee awkwardly asked. Mr. Lee nodded. “Have a seat. I’ll be back.” Sohee went into the kitchen. She boiled water, set up the teacups, and poured water into the tea leaves. She carried the tray of tea into the living room.

“Do you have any pictures of your mother?” Mr. Lee abruptly asked.

The anger was back, and Sohee glared at him. “Why do you want her picture now?”

His face fell. “I just wanted to see her…”

“All of her pictures are put away in my bedroom.” Sohee stated, indicating that she would never show them to her.

Mr. Lee took a sip of the tea and gave her a feeble smile. “You remember I love jasmine tea.”

“We had nothing else in the house.” Sohee uncomfortably said. Actually, that was a lie. She did remember what tea he liked. They had always shared jasmine tea during her tea parties when she was five-years-old.

Sohee shook her head. She couldn’t think of the good memories.

“So about the kid…” Mr. Lee began. Sohee stiffened right away.

“I need you to clarify some things for me. First, did you sleep with him?” He asked. She gawked at him. “How can you even accuse me of such a thing-“

He held out a hand. “I know you wouldn’t go so far.” “Why would you even ask that?!” She yelled in outrage and huffily crossed her arms.

“I only want you to tell me the truth. So you are seeing this high schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter