Dodgeball

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PFcGpfzKRk

Teen Top- Baby U

----

“…And the dynasty of Goryo lasted until 1392.” Sohee stated as she wrote several facts on the board. “Can anyone tell me why Goryo fell?” She spun around and stopped.

Half the class was asleep. Their eyelids were heavy, and some students were actually knocked out. It seemed as if history was a sedative drug to them. They were all drowsy or bored. CAP’s loud snore made Sohee look to the corner.

CAP was asleep with his head tilted back and mouth wide open. Niel was distractedly looking out the window while in his own thoughts. Chunji was asleep with his head buried in his arms. Even L. Joe seemed sleepy. He kept tapping his pen on his half-empty notebook page.

CAP snored extra loudly. Irritated, Niel sharply stared at him. That didn’t stop CAP from snoring.

Niel balled up his notebook paper and stuck it into CAP’s mouth. CAP choked and woke up with wide eyes. He spat the wet paper ball on the floor and made a face. “UGH!”

Sohee shook her head. She tapped her book on the podium. “Hey, hey. Wake up, sleepyheads.”

Heads lifted off the table. Several boys rubbed their eyes.

“What do you think you’re doing? This isn’t nap time. You’re wasting precious lecture time. What if I gave you a pop quiz? Can you get all the questions right?” Sohee asked. They grumbled and frowned.

“We’ve been going over Goryo for three weeks now. Come on. This is a topic you should be interested in. Your school is based on this amazing dynasty!” She tried to encourage them, but it only earned a yawn from Niel. Sohee narrowed her eyes. He clucked his tongue then grinned innocently.

Sohee shook her head. “Anyways, like I’ve been saying before, Goryo was found in 918 A.D.-“ She stopped when she realized the boys had gone back to sleep. *This can’t go on. Lecturing won’t get these facts into their heads.* Sohee shut her book. “All of you, follow me.” She left the classroom.

“Are we in trouble?” The class buzzed with anxiety.

Sohee came back in. “What are you doing just sitting there? Come on!” She walked away.

Cautiously, the boys went with her. L. Joe stood up along with CAP and Niel.

Chunji yawned as he stretched. “What’s going on? Is history over?”

“No, Prune wants us to follow her.” CAP said.

“To where?” Chunji asked. CAP shrugged and left.

L. Joe stared at his notebook. *Will we need to take notes?*

“Go, hyung.” Niel pushed him. L. Joe stumbled, shot him a glower, and stalked out of the room.

Chunji and Niel were the last to leave the classrooms.

Sohee led her homeroom students to the abandoned gym. She opened the double doors and turned all the lights on. “What are we doing here?” Students wondered. Sohee saw the cart of volleyballs and pushed it over. She began to tie her hair up into a ponytail.

“What are we doing, ssem? Are you finally giving up on us?” Hojin smirked.

Sohee grasped the volleyball and twirled it on her index finger deftly.

“Whoa…” The students stared at her, amazed. Niel was also astonished. *I guess history isn’t the only thing she knows.*

Sohee caught the ball and gazed at her students. “No, of course not. We’re here to wake you up.”

“Wake us up?” The boys blinked, not getting it.

A little smirk came on Sohee’s face. “Ever played dodgeball?

” “Dodgeball?!” They gawked at her.

“Listen up!” Sohee called loudly. Her voice reverberated along the walls of the enormous gymnasium. “For participating in this activity, you will receive extra credit points that can be used towards your upcoming quiz!”

The classroom cheered. Minki walked towards her with a grin. “So all we gotta do is dodge the balls?”

Sohee held the ball out and raised an eyebrow. “That would be too easy.” Confusion crossed his face. She looked at the rest of the students. “You have to get the questions about Goryo right to earn your points for the day.” “Aww, I knew it.” The students groaned. “Don’t be too disheartened. If you answer wrong, and I throw the ball at you, and then you catch it…you’ll get your point.” Sohee sauntered towards the front and spun around, “Line up in rows of five.”

The students did as told. They were a bit excited for the game. It beat sitting around in the boring classroom and wondering when class would ever end. “It’ll be easy t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter