Closeness

Once Upon A Memory

 
 
Kwangmin's POV:
 
"What 'molla'?" They asked me about my answer.
"I don't know..." I said blankly. I can't mention the thoughts about her in my head, right? If only I could, but no.
 
"~~~ -ah, let's do it!" Youngmin exclaimed. Do it? Do what? What is "it"? Scenarios popped up in my head and I do not like it. I was curious. "Do what?" I asked them. "The project." Phew, I thought it was another thing. I didn't ask anymore since I knew what project it was. It was about the scrapbook thing our teacher discussed earlier. They're partners in the project. Sigh, I told my partner I'd do the project alone. ~~~ and Youngmin got off the table and they started working on their project. 
 
"Youngmin-ah! We don't have pictures!" I heard her. "Ah~ so cute!" I saw him pinch ~~~'s cheeks. Aish, this guy. Is he doing this on purpose? "Don't worry. Let's go up in my room! Let's search and print for pictures." Do they really need to go upstairs? I'm starting to get jealous of Youngmin again. Teacher, why didn't you pick me to be ~~~'s partner? I shrugged the thought and continued eating. After minutes, they went down and started their project. I finished eating and went upstairs. I took photos, cardboards, stickers, and coloring materials so I could start working on my scrapbook. I also took photos of me and ~~~. I saw our happy and silly faces together. I miss that side of her. Cut, paste, design. Cut, paste, design, over and over. I kept myself busy while doing the project.
 
I heard the door open but I still kept my eyes to my scrapbook. I was nearly finished.
 
"Busy?" I was surprised to hear her voice. I thought it was Youngmin who went inside but it was her. Okay Kwangmin, cold act: activate!
 
"Yes missy. So don't disturb me." I answered her.
"Why so grumpy?"
"I'm not grumpy! I'm busy!"
"Ahaha. Ara, ara. Can I see?" What? No, she can't. She'll see our pictures. "Ani." "Waeyo? You're no fair!" I didn't say anything anymore.
 
"Pikachu clock! Keke~" She took my clock that was on my table. I looked at her, "Yah!" I took my clock from her. "Where did you get that?" she asked me. Pfft, how would she know? She gave me that Pikachu clock. 
 
"From my girlfriend." I thought of playing with her.
"WHAT? You have a girlfriend?!" She looked shocked. I held my laugh in. "Yes, why?" "Really? Where is she? What's her name? How long have you been in a relationship?" Yes, really. She's right beside me. Her name's ~~~. We've been in a relationship for sooo long. I wanted to tell her that. But all I answered was, "Secret." She looked disappointed. "Aww. I never thought you had a girlfriend! You were so cold! Kekeke~" This crazy girl. Have to let you know, you fell in love with a cold guy like me. "Aish, get out of the room now." I told her, coldly. "Err.. Mr. Grumpy." she murmured. Okay, so I have a nickname now... "Mr. Grumpy".
 
She took her bag and I went back to my scrapbook. After a few seconds, she was still there, not leaving. "Yah, what are you doing there?" "Just checking pictures," I saw her checking a photo album. "Hey, come to think of it, why are you doing the project alone? Don't you have a partner?" she asked. "I want to do it by myself." "Do you hate teamwork?" What is this an interview? I want to answer her but my family told me not to be that close to her, right? I don't want the accident to happen again and I might just bring her danger. "Why do you have a lot of questions? It's none of your business." I told her, coldly. "Yes sir." She kept quiet, left the album on the table and left the room. "I'm sorry ~~~ -ah."
 
After a few cut, paste, and design again, I finished the scrapbook. I cleaned up everything that needs to be cleaned. I went downstairs to throw away the trashes.
 
"Kwangmin-ah." Youngmin called me.
"Mwo?"
"Take ~~~ home."
 
"MWO?!" I said, together with ~~~. I was shocked. That wasn't likely a favor Youngmin would ask. "Take ~~~ home, Kwangmin. That's an order from your handsome hyung." I rolled my eyes. "Handsome hyung? You're more like immature, Youngmin." Why me? I don't want to harm her. "Youngmin, there's really no need to take me home. Uhm, I'll be going now. Say bye to Auntie for me! Bye, Youngmin! Bye, Mr. Grumpy!" she said and headed straight to the door. She left like that.
 
"Aish! Kwangmin, why can't you just take her home?" He annoyingly asked me. I thought I can't be close with ~~~? Isn't it forbidden? I didn't answer him. I threw away the trash and got me a glass of water. "You could do it, hyung. Why let me do it? I'm tired." With an answer like that, I know he knew that my answer wasn't good enough to be true. Of course he knows what happened before. Only ~~~ lost her memories, not Youngmin. But I really don't get Youngmin right now. He sat up from the couch and headed upstairs. Seriously? Ignoring treatment?
 
"It's just simple as taking her home, Kwangmin." He told me.
"I don't want to, okay? Why don't you just go and take her home if you still want to make sure she's alive when she arrives home?" Uhh, I didn't mean my words... I said that without thinking...
"If anything happens to her, I'll blame you. Again." His words struck me.
"Hyung, I just don't want that to happen again..." I told him. I know he knew I'm scared. A little explanation about what he wants to happen would be good right now. I heard him sigh.
"Kwangmin, I don't want you to be awkward around each other. That hurts, right? Maybe a little closeness between you two would do."
"For real?" I smiled.
"Yes, so please? I know you want to take her home. Catch up to her before something bad happens."
 
I was overjoyed. I can be close with her now. I took my keys to my motor and caught up with her. "Wait for me, ~~~ -ah!"
 
I drove to the street leading to her house. I drove slowly just incase I'd saw her walking. I looked around to see if she was still in that area. Knowing her, I know she wouldn't "straightly" go home. She always has this habit of stopping by a mart just to get food or something else. With that thought, I looked for nearby marts. And there! I saw her walk out of a mart, holding an ice cream. Told you. She was just on the next lane, after the traffic light. I was about to go to where she was when the light became red. I followed her with my eyes, hoping I wouldn't lose sight of her.
 
Just then, I saw her being followed by guys. I got really worried. The light took too long to become green. She was getting far away until I lost sight of her. I was getting frustrated. The light then signaled go and I went high speed and went to the area where she was earlier. ~~~, please be safe. I left my motor around the corner and looked for her. "Let go of me!" I heard her voice. I went to a dark alley and saw them. "Let go of her." These guys have no right to touch my girl.
 
The guy turned around and said, "This is none of your business man." "Let her go and no one will get hurt." I told them, clenching my fists. "Huh, what are you gonna do? Call your mommy?" "No, I can beat you guys myself." I beat them up, one by one. Punch here, punch there. Kick here, slap there. I saw their faces and they looked familiar. They were the guys who attacked us earlier before school. Such douchebags. They lost and left. Good thing I have my moves. I'm not Jo Kwangmin for nothing. I immediately went near her, "Yah, are you alright?"
 
"Kwangmin..."
"Did those guys touch you?! Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. Are you?"
"This is Youngmin's fault. If he just send you home, this wouldn't happen!" I was frustrated. If Youngmin just walked her home, she'd be fine! "Don't blame Youngmin." I guess this was my fault too. If only I agreed to send her home immediately.
"Aigoo. I have no choice."
"Huh?"
"I'll take you home."
"No need."
"What? A group of guys was about to do something to you and I'm already insisting on taking you home and you still refuse? Are you crazy?"
"Say what you want. I'll go home by myself."
"Psh, fine then."
 
I was testing her. I knew she'd stop me. I was about to leave when I felt pain. "Ah, ouch!" I fell down. They gave me hard punches earlier too. She went to me and helped me stand up.
 
"Let's stop by a clinic."
"No need."
"You're so stubborn, you know that?" You annoyingly told him.
"Not as stubborn as you."
 
I was touched by how she was concerned of me. We stared at each other and only silence was in our atmosphere. 
 
"Please?" she said.
"Never, ever, ever." I still rejected. I didn't like going to the clinic.
"Fine then, I'll be going now."
 
She left me behind. Aigoo ~~~ -ah. I stood up and followed after her. I went to my motor, still focused on taking her home even though she rejected it. I looked for her again and I spotted her on a bus stop. I went to her. "Ride." I gave her a helmet. "I don't wa-" "No buts!" I cut her off.
 
She didn't say anything anymore and just rode on my back. The whole drive to her house was quiet. After a while, we reached her house. I dropped her off. "Want to come inside?" she asked me. "No, I'm tired. I'll go home now. Bye." I wanted to go but her parents would be there. I turned around and was about to leave but she said, "Wait." I looked at her. "How did you know where I lived?" Oops. "Uhh.." I scratched my head. How should I answer this... "Youngmin told me." "Oh, okay." Wew, that was close. I turned around and was about to leave but she stopped me again.
 
"Wait." 
"What now?"
"Take this."
 
She took something from her bag and gave it to me. It was a Pikachu bandaid. I was stunned by the bandaid. Not because it was Pikachu, but that bandaid has a sentimental value. Whenever we were hurt, got bruises and wounds, that's what we would put so it would recover faster and it did! I was surprised, she still keeps these bandaids.
 
"Hello?" She called, I was daydreaming again.
"For what?" I asked her. "For your wounds! And to think that I saved you two times, mister! One was when I took you and your group to the clinic and then now." "What two times? I'm the one who saved you, missy." I flicked her forehead. She placed the bandaid in my face where I got the wound. 
 
"Yah! Take it off!"
"Leave it there~ Please? Please? Please?"
"Aish." How can she be so cute?
"Thanks for today, Kwangmin! Without you, I don't know where I might be." She smiled at me.
"N-no prob." I stuttered.
"Go on ahead. You'll be home late. Take care!"
 
She said goodbye and went inside her house.
"Pabo."
 
I was smiling to myself like an idiot. I think I was blushing. I think we had a little closeness there. I was so happy. I drove back home afterwards.
 
I was still smiling when I got home. Youngmin hyung and mom was there, sitting on the couch. "How'd it go?" Hyung asked me. I smiled, "Great." It was written all over my face. "Be happy Kwangmin. Stay strong the both of you." Mom told me. "Thanks, mom. Thanks, hyung."
 
After talking, I went up to my room and laid down on the bed. ~~~, I really miss you. Thanks for today. I smiled 'til I fell asleep.