The Message

Just As Friends

Munjjawasseo Munjjawasseo.

I woke up to the sudden text from my phone. I reluctantly look at it only to fall off my bed.

It was a message from Youngbae. I blinked my eyes not believing what I'm seeing on the screen.

"Hey Dara! Morning. I bet you are still asleep when you get this. Haha."

Is that all he sent me? I scrolled down hoping to see more. Well actually I want to see more. 

And then I saw it. A smile crept on my face as I read the last line.

"Oh..and...I wanted to know if you had some free time later on today..we should meet up."

I put my phone down as I gazed at no one. Until Minzy came into my room and saw me smiling and laughing like a crazy person.

"Uhm unnie? Are you okay?"

I blushed as she came next to me and looked at me worriedly.

"Oh...heh...I'm fine. I..just.." But before I could finish Bom walks in and grabs my phone.

"Wait don't look..."

"Ahh...Minzy this is the reason why your unnie was acting like a lunatic."

Bom looks at me with a smirk in her face as she shows Minzy the message I just got from Youngbae.

"Omo! Unnie isn't he like asking you out on a date?! This is what you've been waiting for!" 

Minzy screamed so loud that Chaering walked in asking what all the fuss was about.

"Minzy is screaming because Dara finally has a date with her ~OPPA~" Bom who lovely emphasised on the oppa part made me turn so red that Chaerin thought I turned into a tomato.

"Give me back my phone I didn't even reply back yet."

"It's okay I already replied for you. Muahaha." Bom let out her evil laugh as she gave me back my phone.

My face dropped as I saw the message she sent back to Youngbae.

"YAH! Bominater! Aigoo~" I fake sob and started to run for Bom.

"Unnie what did Bom unnie text?" Minzy looks at Chaerin as she picked up my phone.

"NO! Don't read it!" I tried to get my phone back before Chaerin can read the message out loud, but I was too late.

"Oppa I would LOVE to meet up with you. I'm free anytime anywhere you want me ;D." 

Chaerin looks up from the phone to face me and gave me an apologetic look. "That sounds kind of desperate."

"Uwah! That isn't me! Bom sent that message! AIGOO~" I ran again looking for Bom and found her hiding out in the balcony.

"Wah! Dara calm down. I'm sorry I didn't know it sounded like that."

"Unnie calm down it's fine. Anyways you should read what he sent back." 

If it wasn't for Minzy who snapped me back to reality I would have probably gone mad. I rushed towards her grabbing my phone a little to excitedly. 

I look at Minzy and quickly said "Uhm sorry you had to see your two unnies like that..."

"It's okay Unnie!" Minzy smiles and gives me a peck on the cheek. 

"Ah Minzy-ah I love you!" I said as I glared at Bom.

"There is no point in staying mad at me. What's been done has been done. Why don't you just read what he replied back anyways."

It's true I can't really stay mad at Bom. She was only trying to help. I unlocked my phone and started to read my message out loud so all the girls could hear what he said.

"Hahaha someone is excited to see their childhood friend again. Well I know of this little cafe that serves great coffee. We should meet up for lunch."

When I saw that it was the end of the message I wasn't as happy as I thought I was. Maybe because it wasn't the reply I had in my mind. I looked at the girls who had the same thought as me. Childhood friend. Those words that stood out the most from that message.

"Unnie don't worry about it. He'll realize it sooner or later." Minzy tries to comfort me, but it was all in vain as I slouch more deeper into the couch.

"Dara stop letting it get to you. Just have lunch with him and MAKE him realize what you feel for him." Bom picks me up and slaps my back reassuringly. 

"Unnie I'll make breakfast now before you have to go to work. So cheer up." Chaerin winks at me walking towards the kitchen.

"I love you girls. Best family I could ever ask for. More than my cousins, but my real sisters." I started to say with tears trying to escape from my eyes. But before I started to cry I pulled myself together.

You shouldn't cry about something this silly. This is what you have been waiting for. A lunch date with Youngbae! I immediately open my phone and send him a reply.

"Yeah that sounds great. What is the name of the cafe and what time do you want to meet up?"

After a few seconds I got a reply. Wow that was fast I thought to myself.

"It's called YG Cafe. Let's meet at 12."

"That's perfect that's when my lunchbreak is. I'll see you later then."

"Yup see you soon Dara."

I put my phone down on my dresser not even bothering replying back. I looked at the time and saw that I had to get ready for work. Then it suddenly came to me and I looked back at the message. 

Great the one place he chose to have the lunch date was the place I worked at. 

I hit my head on my drawer realizing that I'll be having the date in my work uniform. 

I only took thirty minutes to shower wash my face and get my hair ready. I thought to myself if I should put makeup on or not. In the end I decided to put on only a little makeup. It'd be kind of weird if I came to work with a lot of make up on. 

I look at myself on more time in my mirror and was content with how I looked. I'm not that bad looking at all. I thought to myself a little to proud.

"Unnie breakfast is ready!" I heard Chaerin yell from the kitchen. 

I walked out of my room already in my uniform and with a bag of clothes ready in hand to change into later after work.

"Unnie you look cute with your uniform on ^_^" Minzy looks at me with a huge smile on her face with wet hair flowing down her face.

"Dang that reminds me that I also have work later. Sigh." I look towards Bom who was eating bread rather too hungrily. 

"Thanks for the breakfast Chaerin." 

"It's no problem unnie. Since you always cook for us."

"Dara why don't you live with us instead of living by yourself? Doesn't it get lonley."

My cousins always ask me this question everytime we meet. It's not that I don't want to live with them. It's just that I like having my own space. A place where I can retreat to with no one around to say anything or nag to me about. Sure it gets lonely sometimes, but I can always drive myself to see the girls or my family.

I smile at the girls and told them the answer they always hear. "I like living by myself. I'm not lonely because I can always drive to you guys whenever I want."

I hear all of the sigh and continued on eating their breakfast. I looked at the time and gasped.

"Oh no I'm about to be late for work. I have to go now. I'll see you girls maybe for dinner." I winked at them rushing out the door while I grabbed my keys on the way out.

After pretty much speeding down the road I reached my workplace with a few minutes to spare. I went to the back and put my bag away in my locker. As I closed my locker I was greeted by my manager.

"Dara this is your new co-worker. He will be following you around and learning from you. So be good!"

"Yes Yang Hyunsuk nim." I bowed before him.

Once he left I sighed and looked at my new coworker. I was actually surprised by his looks. 

He was pretty tall and even through the uniform you can tell he had muscles that were toned from constantly working out. I mean it isn't as great as Youngbae's, but he makes up for his hot looks. He had dark brown hair that wasn't short, but not too long either. I was to caught up in his looks that I forgot to properly introduce myself.

I blushed as he smiled at my fidgeting self. 

"Hello my name is Park Sandara. You can just call me Dara." I gave a bow finishing my introduction.

"Nice to meet you Dara-sshi. My name is Lee Minho. I'll be in your care for today."

Lee Minho. Mhmm he has a nice name that goes with his ridiculous good looks. Ah what am I thinking. Sure he's good looking, but is he nice. Well whatever. I shouldn't be thinking about him right now.

I have to think about later on today. 

My date with Youngbae oppa! >_<

 

 

 

 

Yay Dara finally gets a date with Youngbae. But will this turn out just like she wants it to be or will it be bad. Omo ^.^ Also there might be some Minho and Dara moments in the next chapter. Should I make him a rival or no? Teehee. Thanks for reading!