Reunited

Just As Friends

"Yeah it has been awhile. How have you been Youngbae."

"I've been good."

I was about to ask him more questions when I suddenly remembered that we weren't the only people there. My face turned red when I realized that Minzy has been attached to my arm while Bom and CL were silently waiting to be introduced.

"Wow I'm sorry where are my manners. You guys these are my lovely and beautiful cousins Bom, CL, and Minzy."

"Hey it's great to meet you girls." All of the guys said after shaking their hands one after another.

"Bom, CL, Minzy these are my great guy friends."

"You guys already heard his name, but Youngbae meet my cousins. He is my childhood friend."

My face dropped as I suddenly reminded myself that he was my childhood friend. Emphasis on the friend part. I put on a fake smile trying to get the thought out of my head, but failed miserably. I wanted to look away when I saw him smiling at the girls. I know that he was only doing that to be polite, but it still hurt because I knew that his smile wasn't just for me. I quickly went on to the guy next to him to change the subject so no one can notice my change in mood.

"Next to him is none other than the famous model Top."

As I point at a big tall man with blue hair with a stoic facial expression. He barely cracks a smile towards the girls. I quickly thought that he is the ideal man just for Bom. I laugh to myself as I saw Bom sizing him up and having a smirk on her face. She is too easy to read sometimes. When she has her eyes on a guy she'll show it with no hesitation. 

"These two are Youngbae's younger cousins, Seungri and Daesung."Seungri winks at the girls making everyone laugh around him. While Daesung just gives everyone his soft smile that can melt any girls hearts. 

"Sorry to break it to you girls, but these overly goodlooking guys that I'm about to introduce are actually in a relationship with each other. The smaller guy is Jiyong and his boyfriend for quite awhile now is known as Teddy." I look over at Chaerin only to see the disapointment in her eyes. Well not just in her eyes, but in all of my cousin's eyes. I chuckle only to catch Youngbae's attention.

"Why are you chuckling by yourself Dara?"

He looked at me with a weird face as if I did something out of the world. It kind of hurt, but then I'm use to it by now. Especially from him.

"Oh I was laughing at the fact that when I said that Jiyong and Teddy are in a relationship with each other my cousins looked so sad and disappointed."

Bom, Minzy, and Chaerin suddenly turned bright red which made the rest of the guys to laugh at their embarressment. They all pouted not liking the kind of attention they were getting. So I had to save them before they seriously get mad.

"Haha it's okay girls I know how you feel. When I first found out that Jiyong was gay I was also shocked and hurt because I had the BIGGEST crush on him."

I winked at Jiyong as he was getting grabbed by Teddy to get closer to him in a protective manner. Everyone looked at me in shock, but not Jiyong. Jiyong knew I was just kidding, but the best friend he is he just played along with it.

"Yeah when she first told me she liked me I denied her in the most harshest way, but she's so weird because she just kept coming back to me."

I look at Jiyong only to see him with a smirk looking towards someone. I looked where he was looking only to meet Youngbae's gaze. He looked at me with disbelief as if he heard something that he should have never heard before. I never saw him react like that and I thought to myself. Is he jealous right now? But before I can keep going on with that thought he looked away. Psh yeah right. He can never like me. I suddenly get sad tears wanting to get out, but I held it in and kept with the joke. 

"Jiyong I kept going back to you because I LOOVVEEED you so much." 

I try to hug Jiyong when suddenly someone pulls me back.

"Dara you shouldn't get inbetween Jiyong and Teddy."

Youngbae looked at me with such sad eyes that I couldn't help but frown. I straightened up looking at the girls and the rest of the guys.

"It's okay Youngbae. Dara was just kidding about the whole loving me thing. We are just bestfriends."

Jiyong smiles at me reassuring me that I had nothing to worry about and kisses Teddy on the lips. Teddy finally lets go of Jiyong after the kiss and gives out a huge sigh.

"Oh that's great to know. I love you Dara, but if you tried to steal my boyfriend I would be very depressed."

Teddy looks at me and winks which causes everyone to laugh and let go of the awkward tension that was formed because of my failed joke. I looked back at Youngbae who suddenly has a softer expression. Maybe I was only imagining his sadness before.

 

After awhile I left the girls with the guys as I went around to greet my other guests. As the party was ending I had to excuse myself as I drove some of my drunk friends home. When I got back to my apartment I only noticed that the girls and the guys were the only people left. I got shocked as I saw Youngbae in the kitchen. I rushed in and started helping Youngbae with the dishes hoping that it would be a great chance to be alone with him.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I grabbed the wet dish from him and dried it. 

"They are around cleaning up the rest of the apartment."

Once he said that I looked around and saw that Minzy and Daesung had gone out to the balcony to pick up the trash there while Chaerin and Seungri were tidying up the living room. Bom Top Teddy and Jiyong were seperating the trash and bottles into different bags.

"Wow I have such great friends that help me clean up my apartment."

"Well you are a great friend so I'm not that surprised that you have many people that love and care for you."

Our hands slightly touched as he said that and I couldn't help, but drop the dish and cut my hand.

"Dara are you alright?!"

Youngbae quicky grabbed a towel and stopped the bleeding. I blushed as I looked at him holding my hands tightly not letting it go. I wanted the time to stop because I was so happy, but at the same time scared. I pulled my hands away from him saying that I was perfectly fine. 

"Oh. Ok. If you say so."

Youngbae turns around lowering his tone. Ugh why am I so stupid and awkward as I thought to myself the many other ways I could have handled that situation. He was only trying to help me, but I was stupid. I hate my feelings, but I can't help that I've been in love with Youngbae for 11 years. Tears were swelling up in my eyes when I suddenly remembered my one sided love.

"I'll go help Chaerin and Seungri since the dishes only need to be dried." 

Once he left me in the kitchen all by myself I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek. I brushed it off reminding myself that you are a strong person. Dara pull yourself together. You got this. There are other people around. This is not the time to breakdown because of your unrequited love.

Everyone else finished cleaning up their parts and were just in the living room talking with one another. I finished drying up all the dishes and hurridly went to the living room. As soon as I got there Minzy looked at me and asked me the question that everyone always ask.

"Dara unnie when did you and Youngbae oppa met?"

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah I know sorry again. Boring chapter once again, but the next chapter will be the REAL beginning. Hahaha. Don't you just love that I paired Jiyong and Teddy together? Kekeke xD And maybe there will be topbom daemin and ririn moments. Mhmmm maybe just maybe. Teehee