EP Chapter 9

Elite Protections


Chapter 9


Yuri’s POV


Oh my GOD!


I can’t believe that just happened!?!


Wha-What the heck man!


But WOW, that sure was some kiss…



“Yuri!”

I was snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head to see who was calling me.

“What Amber!?” I yelled.

“Uh……..nothing.”

After a few minutes of silence, Amber came over and plopped down next to me on the couch.

“Aren’t you afraid I’m going to rip you to shreds if you sit next to me right now?” I asked while leaning back against the couch and closing my eyes.

“Not anymore…cause you know….after what just happened. I’m still kind of shocked and I’m sure you’re even more shocked than me right now. Plus, I’m kind of locked out of the bedroom at the moment.”

“…I see, so she’s just as shocked as we are about what she did. Well, I mean, what was that all about?”

“Hmm…don’t know really…but you were really scary a while back so I guess that was her way of helping me.”

“…Well, I wouldn’t be if you guys didn’t go and make up random things to say about me to that ‘crazy ice blondie’.”

“Yeah…uh, sorry about that?”

“Whatever.”

“So what did she do to you? Where is she anyways? I’m sure if she heard what you just called her, you would need to start finding a hiding spot.”

“Nah, she’s not here. She fell asleep on the couch in Taeyeon and Tiffany’s dorm. You can’t even imagine what she did to me, its best if you don’t know.”

“Ah, ok.”


After the conversation with Amber, the room went back to silence, an awkward silence. We both just sat there quietly. This is the first time I feel uncomfortable around Amber. I don’t know if it’s because I wanted to kill her earlier or because of the kiss, but I didn’t like this silence.

Having nothing else to say at the moment, my mind drifted back to the kiss earlier. I still couldn’t believe Krystal kissed me.


Why did she do that?


I wish I knew what’s going on inside her head at the moment…


But her kiss…


So soft….


Aish! I can’t believe this happened!


What if Jessica finds out that I kissed her baby sister ?!


Oh MAN! I’ll be doomed for sure.


Can’t let her find out about what happened earlier…must act normal…



“Hey Amber?”

“Yeah?”

“What happened just now…”

“What about it?”

“Pretend it didn’t happen.”

“Why?”

“Just forget about it.”

“Uh…”

“And don’t EVER tell Jessica about it either, even if your life depended on it. Got it?”

“Um…I guess…but why can’t she know?”

“Have you forgotten?”

“Forgotten what?”

“Krystal is Jessica’s little sister.”

“Ohhhhh yyeaaaahhhh………………you’re in deep s*** now~”

“Aish, that’s why I’m telling you to forget it ever happened and DO NOT tell Jessica about it, don’t even mention part of it to her, arraso?”

“Hmm…hehe.”

“Yah! I’m being dead serious here! Don’t, okay? Come on, it’s the least you can do after what you made me go through tonight.”

“Haha, arraso arraso, I won’t tell her.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“You gotta pinky swear.” I said as I held out my pinky in the air.

“What are you, 10?”

“Just pinky swear!”

“Fine….I can’t believe you don’t trust me, I mean, we are best buddies after all.”

“We were until you went and told that lie…….and even though it wasn’t true, it was still embarrassing. Now they all think I’m a ert.”

“Oh come on, I told you, it was the only way to get them off our backs.”

“…well, you could’ve used Taeyeon instead of me. You just had to go and pick me as the victim.”

“It’s because we’re best buddies and I know you’ll forgive me.”

“Ha, some best buddy you are.”

“..aw, don’t be like that…I already said I was sorry.”


Sigh.


“Alright alright, I forgive you.”

“I knew you would! You are the best Yuri!”

“Of course.”

“You are! Really!”

“Stop up to me, it’s gross.”

“Ok…but something I find funny is that none of them realized the chances of you fantasizing about Jessica are really low. I mean, it’s only been our, what, second day here? And today was the first day we met them. How can you possibly fantasize about her if you only met her today?”

“Hmm…I can see your point there, but that statement is only somewhat true.”

“Huh? What do you mean it’s somewhat true? Wait—did you really fantasize about her? HOLY CRAP, I can’t believe you—”

“Yah! Stop blabbering nonsense!”

“But you—”

“I did say that, but it’s not what you’re thinking. I merely meant that I could’ve fantasized about her if I wanted to. It’s true that today was the first day we technically met them, but we were already given their profiles a couple of days ago, so if I was interested in her, which I’m not, I would’ve had time to fantasize about her and what not.”

“…..uh, so let me get this straight…you don’t fantasize about her, but you did think about fantasizing about her? But then that would mean you were thinking about doing that which means you technically already did start to, so then in the end, you did fantasize about her……is that what you’re trying to say?”

“………not even close…….”

“…ok, then did you mean that you wanted to fantasize about her when you looked at her profile, but you didn’t, which made you regret it after you met her for the first time today? Or is it that you thought about fantasizing about her, but because you haven’t met her yet you thought it was wrong so you were waiting to fantasize about her after you met her, which was today, and that means you will start fantasizing about her from now on? Am I right?”

“Amber.”

“Yeah?”

“….just…shut up.”

“…..okay.”


CLICK



The connecting door in the living room opened. Amber and I turned our heads to look at who it was.



Amber’s POV

“Oh, uh, hi? Did you need something?” I asked standing up from the couch and bowing.

“None of your business.”

“…yes….ma’am.” I replied awkwardly while scratching the back of my head.


Eesshh…rude much?


I was just asking…


Plus, this is my dorm room…



“Yuri!”

I looked over at Yuri as she slowly got up from the couch. She looked like she was in a lot of pain from just getting up.

“What is it Sica?”


Sica?


When did she give her a nickname?



“What were you doing?” Jessica questioned.

“Nothing. Don’t worry so much.” Yuri replied.


Worry?!


HUH?



What exactly happened between these two after Krystal and I left?


I opened my mouth to say something but Jessica shot me a glare so I ended up just in air and closing them.

“Are you sure it was nothing?”

“Yes Sica, of course it was nothing. Amber and I were just sitting here quietly.” Yuri replied calmly.




WTH!!!????


“Hmm…okay, but where is my sister?”

I peeked at Yuri to see how she would react after Jessica mentioned her sister, but her face was expressionless.

“She went to bed early.” Yuri responded after a couple of minutes.

“She did?”

“Yes, she said she was tired from today and wanted to rest since we still have classes early in the morning tomorrow.”


Wow, smooth reply…


“……oh, ok.” Jessica replied, but then looked at me all of a sudden. “You.”




Crap!


“…uh, umm…..me?” I asked nervously.

“No, I was talking to the couch…of course YOU, you idiot!”


Jeez…so mean…


“…..yes?”

“Why aren’t you sleeping as well?”

“….huh?”

“Don’t huh me, I asked you why you aren’t sleeping yet.”

“Uh…” I looked over at Yuri and she just shrugged back at me. “I’m not tired yet?”

“What do you mean you’re not tired yet?”

“…umm…it means I’m not tired yet….it’s actually a really straightforward answer….not really confusing to understand…” I replied.

“Yah! Are you calling me stupid?” Jessica stated as she started walking towards me.

“Ah, no! Of course not ma’am, I mean, lady, I mean, your majesty.” I replied frantically backing away from her and hiding behind Yuri.

“You better not have…now go to sleep!”

“But—”

“Don’t but me. From now on, whenever my sister goes to sleep, you have to go to sleep as well.”

“What? Why..?”

“Because I said so.”


What the HECK!?


That doesn’t even make sense!!!!


What is wrong with this blondie!?!?!


GAH!!!



“Just do as she says Amber.” Yuri turned around and said to me, then quietly whispering, “Just say ok to whatever she asks if you don’t wanna die.”




Die?!


“But why is she ordering me when to sleep and when not to?” I whispered back.

“Look, just say you will sleep for now, but once she leaves, you can do whatever you want.”

“Fine.” I looked back over at Jessica and she had her arms crossed. “I’m going right now, you happy?”

“Very, now come on Yuri, we’re going to sleep too.” Jessica said as she turned around and headed back through the door.

“Coming Sica, just give me a sec.” Yuri called out before looking back at me.


Gross much?


“Yah, when did you start calling her Sica?”

“That’s not important right now. Anyways, listen, please make sure Krystal doesn’t tell Jessica what happened between the three of us.”

“Why? And what do you mean the three of us? I wasn’t a part of it, it was just you two.”

“Yah! You were the cause of it!”

“No I wasn’t! How was I suppose to know that she was going to mmmfffffhhhhhpppppp.”

“Shhh…you’re too loud!”

“mmnnnmmmmpppgggeeoommmm.”

“Huh? What did you say?” Yuri asked as she removed her hand from my mouth.

“….I said, take your filthy hand off my mouth.”

“Oh………hey, my hand is not filthy!” Yuri exclaimed as she brought her hand close to her face, examining them. “Is it?”

“Yes.”

“Oh.”

“YURI!” Jessica suddenly yelled on the other side.

“Ah, COMING SICA!” Yuri yelled back panicking a little. “Look, just make sure Krystal doesn’t tell Jessica anything, okay?”

“I’ll try, but it’s kind of hard you know…I mean, they are sisters after all.”

“Yah, just do it. You owe me!”

“I do not owe you.” I answered.

“For what happened earlier.”

“I don’t know what happened earlier, you wouldn’t tell me.”

“Can’t you tell just by looking at me?!” Yuri asked as she turned around in a circle for me to see.

“Fine…but only because you look pitiful.”

“Whatever, just make sure Krystal never brings this up ever again. Do what you have to to keep her from mentioning it to anyone.”

“KWON YURI!”

“COMING SICA!” Yuri shouted as she darted for the door, briefly looking back at me before shutting it with a click.

“Aish, people these days are so demanding. Can’t get any respect from them.” I mumbled to myself as I walked down the hallway towards the bedroom.

Right when I got to the door, I remembered that it was locked.


Aish, I forgot she locked the freakin’ door!


Even if I wanted to sleep, I can’t.



I stood in front of the door quietly wondering if Krystal was asleep and whether I should knock or not. I wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch, but I would at least like to change out of my clothes that I’ve been wearing for two days now. Plus, school starts tomorrow and I’m dead tired. I want to sleep on something comfy. The couch isn’t exactly what I had in mind. I stood in front of the door debating with myself.


Should I knock? But what if she’s asleep already…that would wake her up.


But I don’t want to sleep on the couch.


I should knock.


But what if she gets angry at me for waking her up.


Nevermind, I’m not going to knock.


But I’m soooo tired, I want to sleep in my comfy warm bed.


Ok, I’m going to knock.


No wait, what if she, aside from getting angry, kills me for waking her up. I don’t want to die.


I barely survived the wrath of the older Jung just now, I don’t have any energy left in me to face the younger Jung.


…mmm, I’m not going to knock. I value my life.



I walked back down the hallway towards the couch. I stood there looking down at the couch for a few seconds before sitting down. I stared into space for a while before an idea struck me.


I don’t have to knock. I can just pick the lock of the door and get in that way. She will never know.



Wow Amber, you are so smart!



I mentally congratulated myself before getting up and finding something to pick the lock with. After I found it, I walked back down the hallway towards the bedroom. When I got to the door, I bent down on my knees and started working on the lock.


Almost there…


CLICK


Ah, got it!


I smiled triumphantly to myself before standing back up. I reached for the door knob and turned it. However, before I could push it open, it swung opened by itself. I looked up and there stood Krystal looking back at me.

“What are you doing?”

“Huh? Oh! Uh, nothing.” I replied.

“What is that in your hand?” Krystal asked pointing at my hand.


Must act natural.


“Uh, nothing?” I answered putting my hands in my pocket.

“…whatever, now move.”

“Why? Where are you going?” I asked not budging from my spot when she tried to get by.

“Where I’m going is none of your business.”


Jeez, this just further proves that she’s related to Jessica.


Why are the Jungs so scary and unpredictable?


She was nice to me when we were eating mangoes earlier…



“Uh, well, since you’re my roommate, I think I can at least know where you are going in case you run into some trouble.” I replied and mentally applauded myself for answering so brilliantly.

“…Roommate or not, you should keep your nose out of my business.” Krystal responded.

I involuntarily touched my nose when she said that. I don’t know why, I just did, so…don’t ask.

“But, if you really must know, I’m going to the kitchen to get a glass of water.” Krystal said as she pushed her way past me, walking down the hall to the kitchen.

“Oh….”


Well, that was awkward.


I walked into the room and grabbed a change of clothes and my towel before heading back out. I stood by the door waiting for Krystal to come back. When she did I asked her a question.

“Umm…can I sleep in the bedroom after I take a shower or are you going to lock the door again?”

“………….”

“Uh, I mean, I can sleep on the couch if you want the room to yourself, I’m totally cool with that. I don’t mind at all, I’m sure you would rather prefer being by yourself right now. I know today was kind of hectic and that we’re still kind of strangers, but I understand if you are still uncomfortable with me being your roommate. We didn’t really start off that great so its fine if you still don’t like me, I’m okay with that. I mean, I barely know you either so —” I rambled on until I was cut off.

“Its fine, you can sleep in the bedroom. I’m not going to lock the door.” Krystal replied rather quietly.

Something seemed to be bothering her, but what? Is she still thinking about the kiss?

“Really? That’s great. Umm…well, I guess I’ll leave you so you can go to sleep, I’m just gonna go take a quick shower.” I said while watching Krystal walk into the room and climb into her bed.

Before I turned around to go into the bathroom, Krystal suddenly called out to me.

“Amber?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you and Yuri-unnie really close to each other?”

“Uh, yeah, we are. Why do you ask?”

“No reason, just wondering.”

“Oh, okay…”

“So you’ve known her for a long time now right?”

“Yeah, we’ve known each other for quite some time.”

“How long?”

“Pretty much all our lives.”

“So you grew up together with her?”

“Yeah…”


This is weird.


Why is so interested in my relationship with Yuri?



“And you two are always around each other? All the time?”

“Umm…I guess you can say that, yeah.”

“So you know who she interacts with and who she’s close with as well? And what kind of people she likes?”

“Uh….yeah, I suppose, but why are you asking me these questions all of a sudden?”

“I’m just curious, that’s all. Good night.” Krystal said as she turned around in her bed facing the other way.


Well that was strange.























I wonder if she……




















Nah, there’s no way.




I turned around and walked into the bathroom closing the door with a ‘click.’





-----
End of Chapter 9!
Hope none of you were disappointed with this chapter. I kinda wanted to do a part on Yuri's pov after the kiss.
So till the next update, Comments are APPRECIATED! :)
bye