EP Chapter 1

Elite Protections


Chapter 1


Amber’s POV

“Mom?  Dad?”

I walked into the kitchen to grab a snack before I head out to meet my doom.

DOOM!

Actually not really, at least not until Victoria scolds me.

You have no idea how scary she gets when she’s angry.

*Sigh*

Hmmm…where are t—oh yeah, I forgot, they went on a business trip earlier this week.

“No wonder no one woke me up after I overslept…”

Drinking out of the milk carton since I was too lazy to grab a glass from the cabinet, I looked down to see Bap staring up at me.

Yes, Bap.

Bap is the name of Luna’s puppy.

What is it doing in MY house when it’s Luna’s puppy?

Good question.

I would also like to know how it got into my house.

I poured the remaining milk in the carton into a bowl and placed it on the floor for Bap.

Such a cute, furry little puppy.

“Now go on and drink the milk, I don’t have any dog food so stop staring at me.”

Now to make it clear, I was not scared by this little puppy just awhile ago.

I was merely still sleepy.

SLEEPY.

I am the almighty Am—

Rinnnnggggggg! Rinnngggggg!

*ACK*

Sheesh! Note to self: Lower ringtone volume.


“I already told you I’m coming!!! Don’t call so randomly!! My poor heart! Such an impatient, nagging old lady.”

I put a hand over my rapidly beating heart.

“Yah, Hyung! You are such a MEANIE! Who are you calling an OLD LADY!”

Oops, thought it was Victoria.

Note to self: Check caller ID before answering phone.

“…Sorry Ssul, I thought it was Vic calling me. Please forgive your hyung ~.”

“Hhmpf.”

Great, just great. She’s giving me the “angry” treatment.

“Pretty please Ssul~. You know I would never call you an old lady. Please forgive me. I really thought it was Victoria calling, I was in a hurry.”

“…….hhmpf…”

“Ssul, you are so pretty and nice, please find it in your kind heart to forgive me.”

“….”

Darn it, still not working…guess I will have to use my secret weapon.


















“I will buy you ice cream later ~.”


“OKAY!”


Yes! And we have success!

“But you better get here quick, I don’t think Victoria can stall the president any longer…she told me to call you, so you better hurry it up.”

“Yeah, I’m on my way.”

“Ok, be careful on your way here.”



“Oh, by the way…..”





















“…I’m gonna tell Victoria unnie that you called her an Old Lady–hehe bye!”
















“Yah! Ssul –!”

The line went dead.

Aish that kid!

I grabbed my backpack and keys, and headed towards the front door.

As I was putting on my shoes, I heard a whimpering like sound.

I looked towards where the sound was coming from to find Bap sitting there looking back at me all sad.


“Please don’t look at me like that.”


Then more whimpering sounds came.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t take you with me. You have to stay here.”

Bap laid his head down on the floor and covered his eyes with his paws.

“I promise I’ll come back as soon as I can and I’ll bring some delicious dog food home too, okay?”

Bap looked at me then ran back into the kitchen.

Great, even the dog is giving me a silent treatment. This day cannot get any worse.

--

I walked into the garage and picked up my helmet.

After putting the keys into the ignition, I slowly backed out of the garage.

Once I was on the road, I started the engine up.

Vroom Vroom

Yes, I am riding my AWESOMENESS of a motorcycle.

My parents gave it to me two years ago on my birthday.

I was so happy I even teared up a little.





Just a little bit.




So being late as I am, I rode to the academy and parked my bike in the first spot I found.

I walked into the building and took the elevator up to the 30th floor.

Yes, that's right, the 30th floor.

Now, am I suppose to sneak into the president’s office and pretend I was there all along and he just didn’t see me, creep in from the window by scaling the wall outside, or am I suppose to walk in and –

“Hyung!!”

AHHHH! What the heck man!

“Sulli, don’t ever do that again…I swear, one of these days, I’m really gonna have a heart attack.”

“Hahaha, stop exaggerating…come on, we got to hurry, everyone is already there except you.”

“And you.”

*Smack*

“Ow! Yah, what was that for?!?”

“I’m only out here because I had to fetch you.”

“Arasso, arasso, lead the way your highness.”
















*Smack*

“Ow!”
















“You owe me more ice cream now.”


Hmph, I was only kidding..shessh, why are girls so violent and demanding these days.


“So what excuse did Victoria come up with about me not being there?”

“She said you were having terrible diarrhea today so you’re in the bathroom…..doing your BUSINESS. I was sent to check on you, that’s why I was able to call you awhile ago.



“…………..”

Ugh, why me, that’s so embarrassing…. even though it’s not true.

“Ssul…”

“Yes hyung?”
























“Please push me out the window.”

“Oh come on hyung ~, it’s really not that bad, it happens to everybody sometime in their life. Plus it’s your fault for coming late.”

“……….but…….b-but I’m suppose to be cool and all………”


“Hyung.”


“Neh Ssul?”















“Just stop.”



“N-neh.”

--

As we reached the office, I hesitated for a few minutes before going in with Sulli. I’ve been to the president’s office a couple of times now, but I still feel weird going in there.

Everyone inside turned to look at us as we walked in. Sulli and I bowed before taking a seat next to Victoria on one of the couches nearest the window.

“Sorry I’m late Mr. President.”

“That is quite alright Amber, I heard the reason behind your tardiness. Are you okay now? Do you need to go to the infirmary to lie down or take some medicine to help with your diarrhea?”

“I-I-I’m-I-I-I’m…”

Wow, that was so straight forward.

“I’m okay now sir, there is no need, really. Thank you for your concern.”

The others obviously find this funny as snickers and snorts could be heard. To top it off, even the President himself was chuckling. What the heck!?!



Please shoot me…Aish!


“So is there anything important I missed sir?”

“Hmm… you were all informed last week with the details of the assignment and the rules, so there’s no need to go over that. I went over a few more procedures a while ago, but it’s nothing extremely important so the others can fill you in later with that…as of right now the meeting is over, but please report to the supplies room at the specified time later today. Please be there on time everybody *looks at Amber*, we must execute the assignment precisely on time.”

“Dae.” Everyone said together.

“Good, you are dismissed.”


As we left the office, the laughter got increasingly louder.



“Yah! Are you guys seriously that childish!”

“Haha, Amber, your face is all red.”

“Gee, thanks for pointing that out Yuri.”

“No Problem, anytime buddy.”

“Gah!"



Why me!

“Come on guys, stop teasing Amber. Let’s go grab some lunch and fill her in on what she missed.”

Thank You TAEYEON! You are the be—

“Oh..Amber, do you think you can eat anything right now? Won’t your stomach hurt again?”

I spoke too soon!

“Yeah, I can eat, there’s nothing wrong with my stomach. I just overslept, that’s why I was late.”

“Are you sure or are you just too embarrassed to admit that you had diarrhea?”

“Yah, you tall shikskin, I did not have diarrhea okay? I simply overslept. Plus, Sulli said it is absolutely normal and that it happens to everyone.”

“Bwahahahahaha, oh Amber~.”


In the end, we decided to eat at the cafeteria in the Academy instead of going out to eat. Well, actually, I decided for everyone. They wouldn’t stop teasing me, so the quicker they get food inside their mouth’s, the sooner they’d stop teasing me.

As we ate, they filled me in on what I missed. Apparently, even though this assignment was assigned as a group, we each however, have to guard over a specific person. There are a total of 7 of us assigned to this assignment; there are a total of 6 of them. Two of us in the group will watch over the same person while the rest of us will each watch over one person. This assignment, or mission, was given to us last week. We are from an Academy where they train us to be protectors, bodyguards, secret agents, etc. As I’ve mentioned, there are 7 of us. We are the top 7 of this Academy. We have been trained in every field and have excelled. This is the first biggest assignment that has been assigned to this Academy. Usually assignments like these will be sent straight to the top notch organizations for older, more professional sunbaenims to execute. However, at our Academy, we have proven ourselves to be able to handle any kinds of assignment.

“So who is watching over who? Are they already assigned individually to us?"

“Actually Yoona, I had talked to the President earlier before the meeting about this situation. He has agreed to let us choose amongst ourselves. However, Victoria and Sulli will watch over one person together.”

“What!? Unnie, that’s not fair! How come –”

“—I’m sorry Sulli, there’s only 6 of them and 7 of us. You are the youngest so it is best if Victoria, as the oldest, watch over the same person together with you.”

“That’s so not fair! I’m fully capable! ……………Hyung~ help me out….pwease…”

“Yah, stop pouting at me! I didn’t make the decision, it’s not like I can do anything about it.”

“Taeyeon unnie~”

“I’m sorry Sulli, but the President has already agreed to this arrangement. It’s really not that bad. Look at it this way, you get to spend more time with Victoria.”

“….Well….I do love my Vic-umma……I guess….”

“Good. Now let’s decide who we each want. Here are there profiles.”

Even though we each are protecting over a certain individual, we are also protecting them as a whole. The assignment was originally to just watch over them as a group. However, after some discussions, it was for their best interest if, aside from protecting them as a group, we also each focus on one person (since they will not always be together 24/7). We will be transferring into their class this afternoon and assigned to be their roommates in the dorms. We will also be taking the same classes as them. They cannot know why we are truly there. All of us, even though we are of a young age, have already excelled and passed all our studies (including Sulli), so it will be a lot easier to watch over them and not have to worry about studying to pass at the same time.

As far as I know, everything has already been taken care of. The school has been informed that 7 new transferees are coming this afternoon from another “institution” and the classes that they will be enrolled in have been noted. The 6 people from the assignment have been informed that they will be getting new roommates.

“I want Sunny-shii!”

“I want Tippany-shii!”

“No, I’m getting Tiffany-shii!”

“I call Seohyun-shii!”

“I don’t care who I get…”

“Yah!”

“Seriously, whoever is left I’ll take.”

“I want Jessica-shii……......




















this kind of sounds weird…….
































oh well………I want Jessica-shii!”


“Luna! I call Luna-unnie!! None of you guys can have her! I called her first so deal with it! I’m not changing my mind!! You can’t choose her!! I already chose her! Me first!!”

“Yah, no one is arguing with you…..calm down…..you can have her….”

“Okay, it’s settled. There can be no more changes once I submit the arrangements to the President. You have to stick with who you picked. Here are their individual profiles. They will also be your roommate and you will attend most of the same classes as them, with one or two exceptions where we might be switched and have to watch over someone else during that class time. Remember you must not slip up. Do not create any kind of suspicion or draw attention to yourself, and most importantly, DO NOT BREAK THE NUMBER ONE RULE.”



--------------
End of Chapter 1...

wow...now that I'm reposting this in asianfanfics and actually skimmed through it, I really can't believe I wrote it like this...luckily my future chapters are way better (after I started writing other things and getting the hang of it) lol

Just bare with me on the first few chapters lol, hopefully you'll find it a lot smoother to read later on~