EP Chapter 14.5

Elite Protections


Chapter 14.5


Taeyeon’s POV

Please DON’T wake up.

Please DON’T wake up.

Please DON’T wake up.

Please DON’T wake up.

Please DON’T wake up.

Please DON’T –



HOLY CRAP! She’s moving!!

What do I do!? What do I do!?


I tightened my hold on the edge of the desk and closed my eyes as Jessica stirred next to me.

Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep.

“Taeyeon.”

Ah! Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep.

“Taeyeon…?”

Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep.

“Taeyeon!”

Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep. Gobacktosleep.

“Yo midget, Ti—OW!...Why’d you hit me?!”

I cracked my eyes open for a peek.

“What did I tell you about name calling?”

“But that’s her nam—Ow!!”

I slowly turned my head to the right.

A wave of relief washed over me when I saw that Jessica was still fast asleep from the corner of my eyes.

“Taeyeon?”

I turned my head to the left and was met with a curious looking Tiffany.

“…y-yes?”

“Are you okay?”

Hell no.

I think I almost died from fear just now. It felt like my soul was being out of me!

Kwon Yuri is so dead when I get my hands on her later.


“Taeyeon?”

“Huh? Oh. I-I’m fine.” I gave Tiffany a reassuring smile before looking towards the front.

A few minutes later, I felt some weight on my left shoulder.

When I realized what was happening, my body froze.



OH.



MY.



GOD.




I slowly turned my head to the left.

“You don’t mind do you?” Tiffany asked as she adjusted her head on my shoulder.



OH.



MY.



GOD.




16.gif



“Taeyeon…?” Tiffany asked lifting her head and turning to look at me.

“…I-I-I-I-I—”

“Yo shortie, you’re stutterin—Ow! Why’d you hit me now? I didn’t call her midget this—Ow! Yah! Ow!”

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany looked at me worriedly. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

I mentally slapped myself a few times before responding. “Y-yes. I’m f-fine.”

“Good. So you don’t mind if I lay my head on your shoulder right?”

63.gif

“N-n-no, o-of c-c-course not.”

“Great!” Tiffany said showing me her signature eye smile. “Because if you had said ‘yes,’ I would’ve thought you were only giving Jessie special treatment.”

I laughed nervously and wiped my clammy hands on my pants.

With that, Tiffany laid her head back down on my left shoulder while Jessica still occupied my right.

For the next 10 minutes or so, I was silently enjoying Tiffany’s scent and her head on my shoulder when suddenly, something started vibrating.



Bzzzttt. Bzzzttt. Bzzzttt.







Is that someone’s cellphone?!

My mind went into panic mode again when Jessica starting moving next to me.

Whose phone is it?!

It’s definitely not mine!!


I could feel the seat I was sitting on vibrating every time the phone vibrated.

Where is it!? Where is it?!



Bzzzttt. Bzzzttt. Bzzzttt.



Ah!!!

Stupid phone! Why are you vibrating like a freaking earthquake!?!


“….mhmm…”

Ack! Oh no!

Jessica slowly lifted her head off my shoulder.



Bzzzttt. Bzzzttt. Bzzzttt.



112.gif

I held my breath and stayed very still.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Jessica reaching for her cell phone that had fallen out of her pocket onto the seat she was sitting on.

Oh man! I’m so dead!

Stupid cell phone!! I hate you!!

Stupid Yuri!! I hate you too!!


Jessica rubbed her eyes and straightened up in her seat. She looked towards the front groggily.

After yawning, she looked down at her phone.

“One unread message…and a missed call…?” Jessica mumbled to herself.

I gulped.

Jessica clicked open the message and read it aloud to herself. “Is Sica awake…?”

There was a moment of silence before Jessica leaned forward in her seat. “Who the heck sent this?”

It was quiet for awhile and I had almost relaxed a little in my seat when Jessica suddenly said the name of the person I wanted to kill so badly at the moment.

“…Kwon Yuri…?”

Dear God, please spare me.

“Yuri, why would you sent me this text when you’re sitting right next to—”

Jessica finally turned her head to the side to look at who she thought was Yuri.

“—Taeyeon?”



I slowly turned my head to the right. “H-hi?”

Jessica’s expression began to darken. “…Where’s Yuri…?”

“Y-Yuri?”

The room suddenly became really cold. “Yes. Kwon Yuri.”

“…o-o-oh, Y-Yuri….s-she’s…..” I swallowed nervously. “…b-bathroom…?”

What did I do to deserve this… T.T

As much as I don’t want to, I was now praying that Tiffany would remove her head from my shoulder so I can have a better chance of escaping if things start to get violent. If I blend in with the student body quick enough, Jessica won’t be able to spot me.

Jessica leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms. “We’ll see about that.”

I bit my lip worriedly at her reaction.

A few minutes of silence passed by and I stealthily stole a peek at Jessica.

This is strange…she hasn’t done anything to me yet…

Does this mean I will live…?

She’s not going to—


Jessica’s sharp tone suddenly pierced any hope I had left. “I will deal with you later in the dorms.”








116.gif










Yuri’s POV

“Do you think Taeyeon unnie is doing okay?” Yoona asked as I helped her onto the examining table in Hyoyeon’s office.

“Hmm…I’m not sure.”

“Why don’t you call her and find out.” Yoona said as I walked across the room to sit on Hyoyeon’s comfy sofa.

“Okay.” I replied and took out my cell phone.

As I was looking through the list of names, Hyoyeon came into the room.

“Ah, my poor Yoona, how are you holding up?”

“Unnie!” Yoona shouted happily and hopped off the table, but staggered a little due to the pressure and pain of her wounds.

“Yah, you’re hurt, stop jumping around like you’re fine.” I said and put the phone to my ear.

“Yoona-ah, be careful.” Hyoyeon said as she helped Yoona back onto the examining table. “Now then, let’s take a look at your wounds shall we?”

“It’s just a scratch unnie, I’m fine, really.” Yoona insisted. “Plus, you know I can take those guys any day.”

“Did you know she almost got shot?” I said and got up from the sofa.

“Really?” Hyoyeon asked surprised and looked over to Yoona for confirmation.

“Pssshhhh. I was not almost shot. I had that guy. He didn’t even stand a chance against me unnie.”

107.gif

Hyoyeon laughed as she put on some latex gloves. “Alright, lie down for me.”

Yoona did as she was told. Hyoyeon examined her wound in the front before having Yoona turn to the side so she could look at the wound in the back.

“She’s not picking up.” I said.

“Then send her a text.” Yoona suggested.

I started typing the message to Taeyeon: Is Sica awake?

There, that should do it. Simple and direct.

I smiled at my phone before clicking the send button. “Done. Now I just gotta wait for a reply.”

While Hyoyeon was dressing Yoona’s wounds, we told her about what happened and what we know of the current situation. After Yoona was bandaged and ready to go, Hyoyeon took us over to her other office.

“Here are the files Taeyeon requested.” Hyoyeon said handing two folders to me.

“What is it?” I asked opening the folders to look at the contents.

“Who’s that unnie?” Yoona asked peering over my shoulder.

I scanned the files quietly.

“Oh, and give this to Amber, these are the files she requested.”

Yoona took the folders and opened them. I closed the ones I was looking at and focused on the ones in Yoona’s hand.

“Choi Minho. Kim Hyuna.” I read the names labeled on the files and looked at Yoona. “Who are they…?”






Amber’s POV

She’s sleeping….

Around ten minutes or so, the class ended and everyone exited the classroom. I stood in the back waiting for the others.

Sulli ran towards me happily.

“Hyung!” Sulli shouted giving me a big hug.

The others gave me a smile when they saw me except for one person. I was about to say something, but was cut off.

“Where were you?” Krystal asked giving me a glare.

“Uh…in class?”

“No you weren’t. I didn’t see you.”

I sighed and started heading out of class with the others.

“Yah! I’m talking to you!” Krystal angrily shouted after me.

I ignored the latter and continued walking quietly.

I’m kind of getting tired with Krystal’s weird bipolar attitude towards me. I don’t know what this girl is thinking most of the time and it’s driving me crazy. She says we’re friends one minute, then stops talking to me the next, shooting me glares like I wronged her or something, quietly thanking me when I placed food on her plate, then shooting me more glares, telling Hyuna that she can’t talk to me, yelling at me, and even biting my hand.

How am I suppose to be friends with someone like this and protect her as well?

I seriously don’t understand this girl at all. How did I end up with her anyways?

Can’t she just be nice to me like the others? With the exception of her sister of course.

“Did you go back and talk to that Hyuna girl?!”

Surprised by Krystal’s sudden question, I stopped and turned around. “Huh?”

There was an unreadable expression on Krystal’s face for a moment before she straightened a little and looked away. “…I was just wondering, that’s all.”

I laughed and turned back around.

I don’t think I will ever be able to understand this girl.

The rest of the walk back to our dorm was quiet. Krystal lingered up front with Sulli, Seohyun, and Victoria while Luna and I walked behind them.

“So Amber, you never told me the reason behind you coming to this school.” Luna said looking up at me.

“Huh? Oh. Uh…just decided to one day.”

Luna gave me a weird look. “And the reason is…?”

“What? I can’t miss my friend?”

Luna narrowed her eyes at me. “Right, if you missed me so much, then you would’ve called during all those years we didn’t see each other.”

“…I forgot…”

Mianhae Luna, truthfully, it was because I was in training around that time and couldn’t contact anyone outside.

“If I didn’t come find you, then I bet you would’ve never thought of contacting me.”

“That’s not true…” I said showing Luna a pout. “I really did forget.”

“Your pout doesn’t work on me anymore.” Luna laughed.

I smiled and placed an arm around Luna. “I missed talking to my Luna so much.”

“Excuse me? When am I your Luna?”

“You will always be my Luna.” I joked. “Just like how Bap is my Bap.”

Your Bap? He’s my Bap.”

“He likes me more.”

“No he doesn’t.”

“Yes he does.”

We talked with each other until we were almost at the dorms. I pulled Luna up to Victoria and walked over to Krystal and Seohyun’s side.

“Hey Seohyun, Krystal, is it okay if we hang in Vic’s dorm when we get back?” I asked looking back and forth between the two.

“Why do you need to get our permission? You can just go if you want, no one’s stopping you.” Krystal replied without looking at me.

I turned my attention to Seohyun, “Since Yoona won’t be back until a little later, I’ll feel better if you hang out with us instead of by yourself. You can even study in Vic’s room if you want.”

Seohyun pondered for a moment before giving me a nod.

Now I just gotta get Krystal to go up as well…

“What about you?” I asked turning my attention over to Krystal.

“What about me?”

“Coming?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t feel like it.”

“Come on, don’t be like that.” I said showing her some aegyo.

Please don’t ask me why I just did aegyo because I myself don’t know why.

Krystal looked at me for a moment before looking away. “I’m going to sleep, I’m tired.”

Darn, my aegyo didn’t work…

“You can sleep in Vic’s room.” I suggested.

“Why would I do that when I have my own room to sleep in?”

Good point…

“Um…I don’t want you to be by yourself in the dorm. I’ll feel better if you come up with us.” I tried again.

Krystal didn’t reply.

Aish this girl…

I smiled and placed my arm around Krystal’s shoulder. “Don’t you want to play with Bap? We can play with him together, what do you say?”

No response.

I sighed and removed my arm from around Krystal’s shoulder.

All of us enter the dorm building and stepped into the elevator.

After making sure everyone was on, I reached for the floor 2 button. Just as I was about to press it, a hand reached out and pressed floor 3.

Surprised, I turned to look at who pressed the button.

It couldn’t have been Sulli, Victoria, or Luna as they were standing behind me, Krystal, and Seohyun.

It couldn’t have been Seohyun since she’s standing all the way to left and the buttons are only on one side, or in this case, my side.

So that leaves Krystal…

I examined the younger girl. She was standing there, with her hands in her pockets, looking at the closed elevator door.

I tilted my head a little and smiled.



This girl.

I guess Krystal noticed I was looking at her so she shifted her eyes over to look at me.

I showed her an even bigger smile.

Krystal rolled her eyes and looked back to the front.

I continued to smile at the latter.

“Hyung. Are you okay?”

Sulli’s voice echoed inside the elevator.

I looked behind Krystal at Sulli.

“Dae?”

“Why are you smiling like that?”

77.gif

Realizing that the others must’ve seen my weird behavior, I cleared my throat and turned back to the front.

From the reflection of the elevator door, I could slightly make out Krystal smiling to herself.

Before I knew it, the smile I had earlier was back on my face again.

Soon, the elevator slowly came to a stop and the doors opened. I waited as everyone got off first before getting off myself.

Victoria unlocked the door to their dorm and we all entered.

I dropped my bag off by the door and took my shoes off.

“Bap!” I shouted.

Not a minute later, a small bark was heard and the white puppy came running out from the bathroom, occasionally slipping and sliding on the wooden floor as it ran towards me.

I knelt down on the ground and held my arms open.

The tiny puppy jumped into my arms and started liking my face.

I laughed and picked the dog up, walking over to the couch in the living room. “I missed you too!”

I sat down on the couch and Bap joyfully jumped up and down on my lap.

I was so focused on the little puppy that I didn’t notice someone take a seat next to me until a hand reached out and patted Bap on the head.

I looked up and saw Krystal smiling down at the puppy.

I like it when she smiles.

“You should smile more. You look pretty when you smile.” I unconsciously said out loud.

Krystal looked up at me.

After realizing what I just said, I laughed awkwardly before looking back down at the puppy.

Well that’s embarrassing…

Around then, Sulli and Luna came out from their room and joined us on the couch.

“Bapppp~” Luna cooed and held her arms out.

The puppy scampered over into Luna’s arm and nuzzled itself against Luna’s clothes.

“See. Bap doesn’t like you more than he likes me.”

Before I could retort, someone knocked on the door.

“I’ll get it.” Victoria said walking towards the front door while taking a bite of the apple in her hand.

“Oh, hey Yuri.” Victoria said stepping to the side to allow Yuri to come in.

“There you are Amber, I was looking for you.” Yuri said as she took off her shoe.

Just then, Seohyun came out from the room carrying a stack of books. “Oh, hi Yuri unnie, you’re back?”

“Yep.” Yuri replied stepping onto the wooden floor and started making her way over to me.



“Bap! No!” Luna suddenly shouted.



“Seohyun watch out!” Krystal yelled.



“How was your day—Ah!” Seohyun yelped as she tripped over the puppy that was making a dash for the open door.



Seohyun lost her balance and started falling forwards, the stack of books she was carrying falling to the ground.


Yuri, who was closest to Seohyun, rushed over to catch the younger girl from falling face first onto the floor.

















74.gif









“Omo!”




“YURI!”




“Seohyun!?”




“Yuri unnie!”




“Kwon Yuri!”





THUD.




The apple Victoria was eating fell to the floor, rolling off to the side.



Just then, Yoona came through the door. “Yuri unnie, Taeyeon unnie told me to—WTF?!?!



The room fell silent.



Only the light scratching of the wooden floor could be heard as Bap changed direction and raced over to the fallen apple.
































“S-s-s-seohyun, I-I didn’t m-mean t-to!” Yuri stuttered as she quickly steady herself as well as Seohyun. “I’m s-s-sorry! It w-was an accident! H-honest!”



15.gif

“Unnie!!! How could you!?” Yoona yelled by the door.



I was still trying to get over my shock.



“Seohyun! Are you okay?!” Luna said getting up and quickly making her way over to Seohyun who seems to be rooted to her spot.



All eyes looked over towards Seohyun, waiting for her response.



“I…” Seohyun started and reached up with her hand to touch her lips, “…that was my first kiss…”










-----
End of Chapter 14.5.
Hurray for Bap being in the story again lol. I left the poor dog out since a long time ago. Puppy needs some loving as well.
As for Yuri...........
So...until chap 15, comments/criticisms are appreciated :)