EP Chapter 16

Elite Protections

 

Chapter 16


Amber’s POV





OH.









MY.









GOD.






Did Yoona just…to Yuri…





“Yo! Amber!”




So Yoona and Yuri…..





Those two…..





They…..






OH.MY.GOD.






My eyes……






Smack.





Smack.






This is horrible!




I can’t believe those two just….in front of everyone!




Isn’t that like the 4th person Yuri’s kissed now?!





Smack.




This is definitely going to scar me for life!



I can’t look at those two in the same way again!




“Yah, Sunny, help me. I think Amber is permanently paralyzed from shock. Look, she’s not blinking and no matter how much I smack her face, she won’t come to.”

“Amber?” I heard Sunny’s voice calling out to me. “Amber, are you okay?”

I shook my head and blinked a few times. Everything around me came back into focus and I turned to look at Sunny.

“Are you okay?” Sunny asked.

Just then, I felt this stinging burning sensation on my left cheek.

Why does my face hurt?

I brought my hand up to my cheek and rubbed it to soothe the pain.

th_07baa27a.gif
I heard Sooyoung snicker next to me.

I squinted my eyes at her. “Did you have something to do with this?”

Sooyoung gave me an innocent look. “Mwah? Whatever do you mean? How am I suppose to know why your cheek hurts?”

I eyed Sooyoung suspiciously before turning my focus back to Yuri who was still repeatedly wiping and mumbling something along the lines of, “We’re like sisters Yoona! Sisters!”

I stood up and walked over to Taeyeon.

I pulled her off to the side away from Tiffany. “Yah! What did you say to Yoona?!”

“Nothing! All I did was comfort her!” Taeyeon whispered back.

“Then why did she go and kiss Yuri? You must’ve said something to her to make her do something like that! We’re all friends, almost like family here! Yoona’s never done something like this before!”

“Yah! Don’t blame me! I had nothing to do with her behavior. In fact, I even tried to stop her from doing it.”

“What do you mean?”

Taeyeon then pointed a finger at Tiffany. “She was the one who came up with the idea.”

“Idea?”

“Uh…yeah…well…” Taeyeon scratched her head. “You see, Tiffany was in the room with me when I was trying to comfort Yoona and she offered up some advices.”

“What kind of advices.”

“…Well, Yoona was slightly confused with her feelings for Seohyun so Tiffany helped point her in the right direction.”

“By telling her to kiss Yuri? Yuri is not Seohyun!”

“It’s complicated okay.”

“Explain, because I’m still trying to wrap my mind around this nightmare.”

“Tiffany explained to Yoona that her behavior shows that she has feelings for Seohyun, as more than just friends, and maybe already way past the ‘like’ part.”

“You mean—”

Taeyeon sighed. “Yes. That’s what I mean.”

I bit my lip.

So Taeyeon is okay with Yoona breaking our number one rule?

“I know what you’re thinking of and no. I’m not okay with it, but what can I do? Even I can tell the girl is in love….” Taeyeon sighed again. “Yoona’s still young. This is the first time I’ve seen her like this.  How can I possibly have the heart to tell her to bury her feelings away and never let it out again? Would you be able to do that? Crush her heart?”

I lowered my head. I know I wouldn’t be able to either.

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead. “Aside from her pranking ways, Yoona is a pure girl. The rest of us might be able to handle hiding our feelings and burying them away, but I don’t think Yoona will be able to do that. Even if she is able to, I don’t have the heart to watch her suffer. As the leader of this group, I need to make sure everyone is doing their job but also being able to enjoy life and be happy. I won’t and can’t break any of the rules as I am the leader of this group, but I am willing to do anything for my dongsaeng’s, including you Amber.”

I nodded my head quietly.

A part of me really appreciates hearing all this from Taeyeon, but another part of me feels bad for the older girl. Why is she trying to carry all the burden alone? Why does she need to sacrifice herself for all of us and our job? It hurts me even more because I can tell she’s struggling herself yet she won’t open up to us. Her own troubles are hidden so deep within her that most of the time we believe there’s really nothing bothering her.

Taeyeon’s been in the academy and this whole field the longest. When we were all training, coming in one by one, she always took the role of being our mother, protecting us, consoling us, joking with us, helping us, teaching us, and so much more, yet I haven’t really seen someone be that for her. Not that we haven’t made an effort, it’s just she would always brush us away when we try to be. She’s so strong on the outside yet so fragile inside. I hope that one day, she’ll finally open up to someone. I hope that one day someone will be all of those things to her and more.

My thoughts were interrupted when Taeyeon patted my back. “Hey, are you that worried about the Pres. finding out? Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it when it happens. Also, I made a deal with Yoona. I told her that if she confesses to Seohyun and the latter tells her she doesn’t feel the same way back then she’ll have to move on and let her feelings go……which I’m guessing is what Yoona’s doing right now with Seohyun, confessing.”

I looked at Taeyeon and she gave me a comforting smile and nod.

I showed her my own smile. “So how does Yoona kissing Yuri play a part in all this?”

“Ha. Still asking about that? Well, since Yoona was really upset at Yuri for stealing Seohyun’s first kiss, Tiffany suggested to her that she can kiss Yuri back and indirectly get Seohyun’s first kiss back that way.”

I arched an eyebrow.

Taeyeon shook her head. “Yeah, I know. What kind of logic is that right? I don’t know why Tiffany told Yoona that. Doesn’t make sense to me.”

“Well….I can kind of see why Tiffany told Yoona that....but now I’m really worried about the aftermath of it all.”

Taeyeon looked at me confused. “What do you mean?”

I pointed a finger towards Yuri. “For one, I don’t know how Yuri will survive with Jessica.”

Taeyeon shivered and took a step closer towards me. “She’s scary, that’s for sure.”

“Do you think she likes Yuri?” I asked curiously, observing the still silent blonde girl standing by Yuri.

“Eh? Jessica? Are you kidding me? Is that girl even capable of liking someone?”

I tilted my head. “I don’t know. I get the feeling she’s peculiarly more violent towards Yuri.”

“She is, but what does that have to do with her liking Yuri?”

“Or maybe it’s just because Yuri’s her roommate?” I said more to myself than to Taeyeon.

“What are you talking about? There’s no way Jessica feels anything towards Yuri. The only thing in her mind is to kill everyone and anyone that gets near her.”

“Why are you so negative towards her?”

“Me? Negative towards her? Hello! For your information, she was the one trying to kill me awhile ago. I had to use Tiffany as a shield! That’s how scary she was!”

“Hmm…do you like Tiffany, Taeyeon?” I said quietly while looking directly at the latter.

Taeyeon’s eyes widen and she started coughing. “W-w-what?!”

“Do you?” I pressed on genuinely curious.

55.gif
A flustered Taeyeon waved her hands in front of her. “N-n-n-n-no! W-why would I-I? D-don’t b-be ridiculous!”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Okay.”

Taeyeon dropped her hands and looked at me confused. “Okay?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah.”

A few minutes of silence went by.

“…what about you?” Taeyeon asked scratching her head.

“What about me?”

“Do you like Krystal?”

“I like Krystal…as a friend…when she’s not having her weird mood swings and whatnot.” I stated honestly.

“Only as a friend?”

“Yeah, that and as a roommate I guess.”

Taeyeon looked at me curiously. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah? Why?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “No reason.”

Taeyeon turned to look at Krystal sitting on the couch talking to Sunny.

“You know, I’m okay with you liking her.” Taeyeon said.

I creased my forehead in confusion. “What are you talking about? I told you, I only like her as a friend.”

“You’re smart Amber, but sometimes, your denseness surprises me.”





“Hey! I’m not dense!”

Taeyeon laughed. “Arraso arraso, you’re not dense.”

Just then, I saw Krystal making her way towards the front door.

“You’re cooking dinner for us later right?” I asked Taeyeon.

“…uh…I am?”

“Come get Krystal and me when you’re done.” I said before making my way over to Krystal.

“Hey, where you going?”

Krystal turned to look at me, her hand on the door knob.

“To our dorm.”

“Why?”

Krystal gave me a weird look. “Because that’s where I live.”

I scratched my head embarrassed. “I meant don’t you want to stay here until after dinner? Taeyeon’s going to be cooking soon.”

“I have homework to do.” Krystal said as she opened the door and stepped out.

I followed after Krystal causing the latter to turn around and look at me. “What are you doing?”

I pointed at our dorm across the hall. “Going to our dorm.”

“Why?” Krystal asked narrowing her eyes at me.

I smiled. “Because that’s where I live.”

Krystal rolled her eyes after hearing me repeat her answer from earlier and walked across the hall to our door.

We both made our way inside and I closed the door behind me, not forgetting to lock it for safety.

“Seriously, why did you follow me back?” Krystal asked grabbing something to drink from the fridge.

I walked over towards her to grab something to drink as well. “I didn’t follow you back.”

“Yes you did.”

“No I didn’t.”

“Yes you did.”

“No I didn’t.”

“Then why did you come back when I came back?”

I shrugged.

“See!”

“See what?”

“You did follow me back.”

“No I didn’t. I realized I have homework to do too.”

“No you don’t.”

“Yes I do.”

“Prove it.”

I laughed as I walked over to the couch to take a seat.

Krystal followed after me. “What are you laughing about?! This isn’t funny.”

“If you haven’t forgotten, we take the same classes. If you have homework, then I have homework.”

Krystal was silent for a few seconds before she huffed angrily and walked away.

Wow, teasing this girl is a lot more fun than it looks.

I think I just found my new hobby.


A few minutes passed before I got up and went into our bedroom where Krystal disappeared to earlier.

Upon walking in, I found the latter sitting at her desk flipping through some pages.

I smiled and walked over to my own desk, picking up a comic book before proceeding to my bed.

I sat down and started flipping through my comic book.

From my peripheral view, I could see Krystal turn to look at me a couple of times while doing her homework. I pretended I was engrossed in my comic book but in reality, I was actually observing the latter.

Ten or so minutes passed by when Krystal started to mumble and sigh to herself. This caught my attention. Curious as to what was bothering the girl, I got up from my bed and walked up behind her.

I bend over slightly to stare over her shoulder at her work. “Is something wrong?”

Krystal jumped slightly in her seat and turned her head around. “Yah! Don’t do that! You—”

She stopped when she realized our faces were only inches apart.

We stared at each other in silence.

For some odd reason, I felt my heartbeat increase a little.

Krystal’s face started turning red and the latter quickly turned back around to face her desk.

I blinked a couple of times and cleared my throat before standing up straight.

“Uh…s-sorry.” I said awkwardly.

Krystal buried her face in her hands and mumbled, “I thought you said you came back to do your homework? Then why were you reading a comic book all this time?”

Right…I did say that didn’t I…

“Umm...well, I was planning on doing it, but…uh…you see, the comic book was calling out to me…”

Krystal turned her head to the side to make sure I wasn’t behind her before she turned around to face me fully.

She looked kind of angry.

It won’t be good if Krystal elapses into her confusing mood swings…

I don’t want her to bite me again…once is enough…


My train of thought was interrupted by Krystal’s sudden command.

“Come help me with this.”

“H-huh?”

Krystal sighed before turning to look down at her book. “I said come help me with this.”

Does this mean she’s not angry at me…?

No biting…? Yelling…? Silent treatment?

Hmm...that’s new.


I scratched my head and examined Krystal’s form.

It doesn’t look like she’s going to attack me…

“Do I need to repeat myself again?” Krystal asked sounding annoyed.

Surprised, I quickly ran over to grab my chair, placing it next to Krystal’s.





-----
end of ch.16
okay, so this was a short update. meh~
i appreciate all your comments so far!