EP Chapter 11

Elite Protections


Chapter 11


Sulli’s POV

“Come on guys, I’m telling you, Amber’s there.” I whined.

“And how do you know that?” Sooyoung asked me as she walked into our dorm with Sunny following closely behind.

“I want to go~” I pleaded sweetly pulling on Victoria and Luna’s arms.

The two of them just looked blankly back at me.

“Ohhh, you are so cuuttee!” Sunny unnie squealed as she came over and pinched my cheeks.

“Uh…thank you unnie?” I said as I tried to move my face out of Sunny unnie’s reach. “Victoria-umma, please~ I want to go play in the park before class. I haven’t been there before yet, plus, it’s on the way. Amber’s already there, why can’t I go?”

“So you want to go to the park by our dorm?” Sunny unnie asked me.

“Yes,” I answered shyly, “But Victoria umma and Luna unnie won’t let me go.”


I then showed my saddest pout to Sunny unnie.

“Awww, come on, I’ll take you!” Sunny said happily while taking my hand.

“Really?” I asked surprised.

“Of course! The park is very beautiful, and we have time right now anyways.” Sunny unnie answered.

“YAY!” I screamed happily and dragged Sunny unnie to the front door with me.

“Yah! Where are you two going?” Sooyoung shouted at us.

Sunny-unnie and I turned around to look at Sooyoung who had an annoyed look on her face.

“The park.” Sunny unnie answered then turned back around to put on her shoes.

“Not without my permission.” Sooyoung replied walking up to the door and blocking the entrance.

“And why do I need your permission to go somewhere? I’m older than you. I don’t need to follow your orders.” Sunny unnie said as she tried to push Sooyoung out of the way.

“Unnie, can you please move?” I asked kindly.

“No.”

I looked sadly over at Sunny unnie. She gave me a wink and reached into her bag for something. Sooyoung and I tried to peek to see what it was, but couldn’t.

A few minutes later, Sunny unnie took something out.

“Oh Sooyoungie~ Look what I have~” Sunny unnie cooed.


Sooyoungie?


Ahahahahaha!!!



“Go Fetch!” Sunny unnie said as she tossed the bag of beef jerky towards the living room.

Without a second thought, Sooyoung unnie ran towards the living room for the bag of beef jerky.

“There, now we can go.” Sunny unnie said as she opened the door.

I was too stunned by how Sooyoung unnie acted to respond until I felt a tug on my sleeve. I looked over and Sunny unnie was motioning for me to go out the door.

“Coming!” I shouted as my attention was now away from a certain shikskin eating away on the floor.


Poor beef jerky…..


Before I completely made my way out the door, I turned around and asked Luna unnie to join me.

“Come on Luna unnie, come with me. It’ll be fun!” I said happily.

Luna unnie, who seemed to be shocked by the way Sooyoung flew towards that bag of beef jerky, could only nod her head silently. She then slowly made her way over towards the door while her eyes were glued on Sooyoung this whole time.

“Unnie, it’ll be better if you don’t watch. Sooyoung unnie still hasn’t gotten her eating manners down yet.” I said as I tugged on Luna unnie’s shirt and pulled her out the door.

Then the three of us, Sunny unnie, Luna unnie, and I made our way towards the elevator.

“I’m so excited!” I said as I linked arms with the both of them.

“You are just tooooooo ccccuuuuttteeee~” Sunny unnie squealed at me.


Oh man…she’s has more aegyo than me…….though a little bit too much for my liking…



I wonder if that’s how other people see me…


Hmm…oh wells, I’m just happy we get to go to the park and play.




Sooyoung’s POV

“Unnie, it’ll be better if you don’t watch. Sooyoung unnie still hasn’t gotten her eating manners down yet.” Sulli said as she pulled a dazed Luna out of the dorm, the door closing with a click.

“Aish! Yah! Sooyoung! What is wrong with you!?” Victoria shouted angrily at me.

“Vvhat?” I asked with a mouthful of jerky.


This is so delicious!



It’s like heaven~



“You let them go because just because she gave you some beef jerky? You know we shouldn’t let them go to the park, especially after Amber just texted us about being extra careful when we leave the dorms today and not going to the park.”


Jerky, jerky, jerky, jerky, jerky, oh my love, jerky!


“YAH! Are you even listening to me!?!” Victoria yelled as she stomped her way over to me.

“Vvhat? Did you say something?” I asked as I looked up at Victoria.

“Aish! Give me that!” Victoria said as she bent down and grabbed MY bag of beef jerky out of my hands.


O_O



How dare you touch my jerky!


“Hey man, give that back!” I yelled as I tried to grab MY beef jerky back.

“NO!”

“Get your own! Sunny gave me that! It’s mine!”

“I don’t care!” Victoria said as she started walking towards the front door.

“YAH! GIVE ME MY JERKY BACK RIGHT NOW!” I angrily shouted as I got up and stomped my way over to Victoria.

“No!”

“YAH!”

“You can get it back when you start behaving.” Victoria said as she opened the front door. “Now hurry up and put on your shoes.”

“What? No! I want my jerky!”


Jerky, jerky, jerky!


“Nope.”

“Don’t make me use violence!” I boldly stated trying to scare her.

“Ha! Please. I’m not scared of you. Now then, if you don’t want me to eat your beef jerky, you had better put on your shoes and come with me.” Victoria threatened.

“You wouldn’t eat my jerky.” I responded but mentally cursed myself after I said that.

“Try me.” Victoria said as she held out the bag of beef jerky in front of her.

We both stared at each other intensely, neither refusing to back down. My forehead was starting to sweat. Victoria noticed and smirked at me. Then she used her other hand to open the bag up.


Darn!


“FINE!” I shouted to stop her from touching my jerky. “I’ll go.”

“Good, now hurry up, we can’t leave those two in Sulli’s care alone.” Victoria said as she closed the bag of beef jerky back up and walked away down the hall.


Aish!


I quickly slipped my shoes on and walked out the dorm. Locking it firmly behind me, I caught up to Victoria who was near the stairs.

“So, uhm…when can I get my jerky back?” I asked as nicely as I can while trying to peek into Victoria’s bag to see if I can maybe see my bag of jerky in there.

“Later.”

That was the reply I got. Defeated, I followed Victoria quietly out the building catching up to Sulli, Sunny, and Luna.



Victoria’s POV

“What are you guys doing here? I thought you didn’t want to come?” Sunny asked as she looked at us then pointed at a sad Sooyoung. “And what’s wrong with her?”

“Of course we wanted to come. Sooyoung was just messing with you guys earlier.” I replied sneaking a peek at Sooyoung who was trailing behind us staring at the ground and mumbling softly to herself.


Aish this Shikskin….It’s only a bag of beef jerky. You don’t have to act like it’s the end of the world.


Not being able to withstand this sad, almost pitiful Shikskin, I reached into my bag and pulled out the bag of jerky. I slowed my pace down so I could walk beside Sooyoung while the others were chatting away up front.


Sigh.


“Here.”

Sooyoung’s head snapped up and she looked at me confused.

“Don’t just stare at me. I’m giving this back to you.”

“Really?” Sooyoung squealed happily.

“Yes. Now take it before I change my mind.”

Sooyoung immediately grabbed the bag out of my hand and opened it. She took a piece of jerky out and placed it in .

“S-o g-o-o-d!” Sooyoung said with a mouthful.

She then turned to me and gave me a tight hug.

“You’re the v-e-s-t.”


Huh?


“I’m the vest?” I asked confused as Sooyoung was still hugging me.

“Vere, fry some.” Sooyoung said.


Vere?


Fry some?



Did she lose the ability to speak after eating the jerky or something?


“What are you saying? I can’t understand you.” I said as I pulled free from Sooyoung’s hug and looked at her.

Sooyoung took a few minutes to chew and swallow her food. Then she looked happily at me again.

“I said you’re the best and here, try some.” Sooyoung said as she shoved a piece of jerky into my mouth before I could decline her offer.

The rest of the way to the park was a nice stroll. The five of us were chatting away with one another. Even Sooyoung was talking happily with us about non-food subjects, which was very shocking.

When we got to the park, Sulli grabbed Sunny’s hand pulling her into the grassy area and they both ran around happily. Seeing them having so much fun just running around, I nudged Sooyoung and pointed at Luna.

She gave me a confused look.


-Victoria and Sooyoung’s eye conversation starts-

V: Yah, take Luna and go play with Sulli.

S: What?

V: Take Luna and go play with Sulli.

S: Huh?

V: Take Luna and go over to where Sulli and Sunny are.

S: I don’t understand what you are trying to tell me. By the way, you have some eye booger in your right eye.

V: AISH!


-End of eye conversation-


I rubbed my eye to get it clean and then glared at Sooyoung. She laughed at me.

“What are you laughing at?” I asked annoyed.

“It’s in your other eye. You rubbed the wrong eye. Ahaha.”


AISH!


“Luna,” I called out sweetly. “Sooyoung here is too afraid to ask, but she would like it very much if you would take her over to where Sulli and Sunny are and play together.”

“Wha—” Sooyoung began to say but was cut off when Luna responded happily.

“Of course I will,” Luna said as she grabbed Sooyoung’s hand and pulled her towards Sulli and Sunny, “Let’s go play Sooyoung unnie!”

I watched as Sooyoung was forcefully pulled away against her will, not forgetting to give her a victory wave.

“That shows you not to mess with me—” I said to myself but didn’t finish as someone bumped into me, knocking my purse out of m hands.

“Yah!” I said as I bent down to pick my purse up.

“Sorry.” A guy said.

When I looked back up, the guy was already gone.


Weird.


I turned around looking behind me to see the guy some distance away already. I could only see his back side.

I stared at his back as he walked further and further away. As I was about to turn my attention back to the front, the guy suddenly stopped walking. Curious, I kept watching him, even though I could not see his face.

All of a sudden, the guy turned his head around and looked straight at me. Even though we were some distance apart, I can see the look in his eyes clearly. It was sharp and paralyzing, almost scary.

Then he smirked at me.

There was something about that smirk.

It was like he knew I was watching him this whole time. Like he purposely bumped into me. It was almost like…he knew who I was.

While I was still trying to organize and process the million thoughts running through my head, someone gave me a pat on the back.

“Hey Vic, what are you doing here?”

It was Amber. I slowly turned around to look at her.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you? Did something happen?” Amber asked as her playful expression turned serious.

“T-there was a guy, he—”

“Where?” Amber asked sternly.


It seems like she knows something I don’t.


What happened this morning…



“Behind me,” I said as I turned around to point at the place the guy was standing at only to find him not there, “Wait—where’d he go?”

“I don’t see anyone there.” Amber asked as she looked around.

“Aish. He’s gone.” I said as I turned back around to face Amber. “Look, I promise, there was a guy standing over there not long ago. He—”

“I believe you.” Amber cut me off.

“You do?”

“Yes. I did send you guys a text after all didn’t I? I even told you guys not to come here for now, but here I am, talking to you.”

“I’m sorry, I know. I saw your text, but Sulli really wanted to come and Sunny was the one that volunteered to take her.”

Amber lowered her head and sighed.

“Alright, don’t worry about it.”

“So do you know who that guy—”

“Let’s talk about this later. It’s not the right time or place to be discussing this.” Amber said as she put her arms around my shoulder. “Don’t worry too much about this, let’s just enjoy today with the others alright? After all, it is our first day of class.”

I looked to the side at Amber and she gave me a smile.

“Okay.”

“Good, now come on, let’s go get those crazy kids over there and go to class.” Amber said as she led me to the grassy area where Sulli, Sunny, Luna, Sooyoung, and Krystal were.


Back at the dorms.

More specifically, Taeyeon and Yoona’s dorm.




Taeyeon’s POV

I just read the text message Amber sent me. I wonder why she’s at the park so early in the morning. Although I’m more curious as to why she’s saying we need to be extra careful, I hope nothing bad happened.

After reading the text message, I pocketed my phone and walked into the kitchen.

“I should prepare some breakfast. I’m sure she’ll be hungry.” I muttered to myself as I took out the pan and some plates. “Maybe I should also make some for Yoona and Seohyun.”

“Yes you should unnie!” Yoona said from behind me.



Holy!


“Yah! Don’t do that! You scared me!” I shouted at Yoona while placing my hand over my chest to calm my racing heart down. “Do you want to give me a heart attack or something? To think I was going to be nice and make you some breakfast, well, you can forget about that.”

“I’m sorry unnie.” Yoona apologized and made a sad face at me.


Aish!


Kids these days….always think they can get away with everything if they act pitiful.



“Yah, that’s not going to work. Stop that.”


That only earned me an even sadder face plus a pout.

“We adults never get any respect,” I said as I walked over to the fridge to grab some ingredients, “what do you want? Eggs and bacon?”

“Yay! Thank you unnie! You’re the best!” Yoona said happily and grabbed me by the arm.


Aish.


“Yea, yea.” I waved Yoona away. “Don’t think I’m a pushover just because I’m still making you breakfast. I was only thinking on behalf of Seohyun.”

“I know you love me Taeyeon unnie!” Yoona gushed while standing near the pan waiting for the food like a little child.


I swear  this kid is acting more and more like Sooyoung.


We don’t really need a shikskin #2…


One is enough already.



“Yah, stop drooling next to me and making a puddle, it’s gross. Why don’t you go tell Seohyun that breakfast will be ready soon.” I said to Yoona who agreed by giving me a thumbs up.


What a weird child.


As I was finishing up placing the food onto the plates, Yoona came back through the connected doors in the living room with her school bags and materials.

“Hey, did you tell Seohyun?” I asked placing the dirty pan in the sink.

“Yep, she’s almost done getting ready. She’ll be over soon.” Yoona answered as she helped me carry the plates of food over to the living room. “This looks delicious unnie! You are Jjang!”

“Of course I am.” I joked while taking a seat beside Yoona.

Yoona picked up a plate and started devouring the food on it.

“Yah, slow down, there’s no rush.” I laughed at Yoona as she stopped and looked at me with a piece of bacon hanging out of .

“Hehehe, I’m just hungry.” Yoona replied. After swallowing the food in , Yoona looked back over at me. “Unnie, did you get Amber’s text this morning?”

“Yeah, I did.” I answered while eating my scrambled egg.

“Why do you think she sent that text? Did something happen?”

“Hmm…I’m not sure myself either. I need to talk with her later.”

“I hope nothing bad has happened yet, I mean, today is only our third day here.”

“I’m sure everything’s fine. Amber’s probably just being more cautious.”

“I don’t know unnie. I think something might have caused Amber to send that text.”

“Why do you think that?”

“Well, umm…I don’t know if I should tell you or not…”

“What is it Yoona?” I asked setting my plate down on the table and giving her my full attention.

“Umm…don’t freak out or anything because we took care of it, but….”

“Just tell me.”

“Well…do you remember how Amber, Sulli, and I went to the market to buy some groceries for our dinner yesterday?”
“Yeah, what about it?”

“…..umm…after we put our groceries in the trunk and were getting in the car to come back to the dorms, Amber noticed that her car was tampered with.”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Don’t worry, we took care of it. It was just a tracking device that someone placed underneath her car. Amber got rid of it before we came back. It was just something minor.”

“But you guys should have still told me.”

“I know…it’s just we didn’t get a chance to last night, plus…whoever placed that tracking device there was a rookie. They’ve only been sending rookies after us so we didn’t really make a big deal out of it.”


Sigh.


I just hope the rest of the people we come across are rookies…


It seems strange that they would send rookies after us, especially when they’ve been planning on getting these girls for a while now…


Are they planning something else big that we aren't aware of?


Sigh.



“Alright, just remember to tell me next time something like this happens. We should not take things lightly just because it is something minor. Rookies or not, we must stay alert—”

“Stay alert for what?” Tiffany asked as she emerged from the hallway and walked over to the living room, taking a seat on the other side of me.

“Oh, hey Tiffany, you’re done getting ready already?” I said surprised.


I hope she didn’t hear anything just now….


Aish…


Should’ve paid more attention to where I was….



“Yep, all done. Don’t I look stunning?” Tiffany joked as she looked down at the table. “Wow, did you make breakfast?”


Blushing slightly, I nodded in response.


Stupid face, stop turning another color.


“Aw, you’re so sweet! And cute!” Tiffany smiled at me as she picked up a plate and a fork before beginning to eat.

My face turned a darker shade of red. Not wanting anyone to notice, I quickly got up and took my empty plate to the sink. I must make this weird feeling inside me disappear right now.

Wanting to keep myself busy, I decided to wash the pan and plate.

“Yoona, are you done eating?”

“Yes unnie, I’m done.”

“Can you bring your plate over?”

“Sure.” Yoona said as she got up and excused herself from the living room.

I looked over towards the living room to see Yoona walking over, but before I focused my attention back on the dishes, I took a quick glance at Tiffany eating happily. I smiled to myself.


I’m glad she likes the breakfast I prepared.


Wait—what am I saying?


Stupid Taeyeon! Stop smiling and thinking about weird things!


Focus!



I shook my head a little and continued washing the dishes.

Yoona was beside me now handing me her plate.

“Here you go unnie~” Yoona said.

“Thanks, and you should go check on Seohyun again, she’s taking rather long.” I said taking Yoona’s plate out of her hands.

“Sure thing unnie,” Yoona said, but before she left, she leaned in and whispered into my ear, “hehehe, I saw that unnie~”


Eh!?


Saw what?


Don’t tell me she saw me……



Before I could respond, Yoona gave a big laugh before running off.


Aish that kid!



Tiffany’s POV

I came out of the bathroom after freshening up. I walked into the bedroom and noticed that Taeyeon wasn’t there. I heard voices outside talking, but couldn’t make anything out because the sound was muffled by the walls. After getting my bag and the books I needed, I headed out the room. As I was walking towards the living room, the voices became clearer and right before I emerged from the hallway, I heard part of what Taeyeon was saying.

“Rookies or not, we must stay alert—”


Stay alert?


Why? For what?


I wonder what she was talking about….


Why do they have to stay alert?



“Stay alert for what?” I asked walking into the living room and taking a seat beside Taeyeon.

She had a surprised look on her face.

“Oh, hey Tiffany, you’re done getting ready already?”


Is there something she doesn’t want me to know?


“Yep, all done. Don’t I look stunning?” I joked and looked down at the table. “Wow, did you make breakfast?”

Taeyeon blushed and nodded her head at my question.


Cute.


“Aw, you’re so sweet! And cute!” I said while picking up a plate and fork, and showing Taeyeon a big smile before beginning to eat.


Wow!


This is actually really delicious!


She’s such a good cook!



As I was quietly enjoying my breakfast, Taeyeon suddenly got up and made her way to the kitchen. I guess she’s going to wash the dishes, though I wish she would at least chat with me.

Half way done with my breakfast, I looked over at Yoona and she was just smiling goofily at me.


Do I have something on my face?


“Uh…are you okay Yoona?” I asked slightly puzzled by her behavior.

“Yep, perfectly fine unnie.” Yoona answered as she continued to just stare and smile at me.


This kid is strange.


Though she does have a nice smile.



As I continued to eat my food, but more slowly because I felt a little bit uncomfortable with Yoona just sitting there and staring at me, Taeyeon called out from the kitchen.

“Yoona, are you done eating?”

“Yes unnie, I’m done.” Yoona answered finally taking her eyes away from me and looking over towards Taeyeon.

“Can you bring your plate over?”

“Sure.” Yoona said as she got up and excused herself to go to the kitchen.

I watched as Yoona walked over to the kitchen, but before I went back to eating my breakfast, I noticed Taeyeon glance at me briefly before looking away and smiling to herself. Then it looked like she was shaking her head as if trying to get rid of her thoughts.


Adorable.


While I continued to finish up my breakfast, I would occasionally glance up towards the kitchen. It looked like Yoona and Taeyeon were having a conversation with each other, though Yoona was standing a little too close to Taeyeon. I couldn’t quite hear everything they were talking about but I did catch Yoona whispering into Taeyeon’s ear before taking a step back and laughing loudly.


I wonder what they are talking about…


It seems like Taeyeon and Yoona are really close to one another…



After laughing, Yoona ran back towards the living room heading for the connecting door. However, before she went through, she turned and gave me a wink.



…….


What was that?


Did that kid just wink at me?


……..


I must be seeing things…




Author’s POV

Seohyun finally came over to eat her breakfast although she was rushed because they still have to leave some time to get to class.

“Taeyeon unnie, thanks for the breakfast, it was very delicious.” Seohyun complimented as they were driving up to the campus.

“You’re very welcome Seohyun. You know, I really like you. You’re a smart kid and very respectful, unlike a certain someone in this car.” Taeyeon said as she looked over at Yoona.

Yoona could only smile sheepishly.

After the four of them made it to campus, Taeyeon dropped Yoona and Seohyun off near their first class before driving to a nearby parking garage. Yoona and Seohyun had a different class from Taeyeon and Tiffany so they could not go together.

As Yoona and Seohyun walked into their first class of the day, there was already a lot of people in there.

“Yoona, Seohyun! Over here.” Someone shouted.

“Amber unnie!” Yoona shouted happily as she and Seohyun made their way over. “I didn’t know you had the same class as us?”

“Yep, we do.” Amber replied stepping to the side.

“Omo, Victoria unnie, Sulli! You guys are here too?” Yoona asked excited.

“YOONA~” Sulli chirped jumping towards Yoona for a hug.

“Yoona, where are your manners? You didn’t greet Krystal or Luna.” Victoria said as she pulled Sulli off Yoona.

“Oh! Sorry, I was just happy to find out we all have the same class. Hi Krystal, Luna!” Yoona said as she walked over and gave the both of them a hug as well.

“Victoria said greet, not act overly friendly.” Amber laughed at how Yoona was acting. “Yah, did you have some sugar this morning or something? You seem hyper than usual.”

The seven of them chatted with each other until class started.


Seating arrangement:

Sulli  Seohyun  Yoona (in a row)

Amber  Krystal  Luna  Victoria (in the row behind)



In another classroom.


“Here we are room 340.” Taeyeon said as she and Tiffany walked in.

Even though this room was a big lecture hall, it was rather empty. There were only about twenty people in class.

“Hey, there’s Sunny,” Tiffany said as she made her way over to Sunny while Taeyeon followed behind.

“Tiffany, you’re here.” Sunny happily said as she gave the girl a hug. “You guys took forever.”

“Sorry, we had to drop Yoona and Seohyun off first and then park the car. By the way, where’s Jess? Class is about to start soon.”

“I know I haven’t seen her yet either. I’ve been trying to call her, but there’s no answer.” Sunny replied.

“Let’s just take a seat first, the class is about to start.” Sooyoung suggested.

As the four of them sat down, and the professor dimmed the lights a little to better see the screen, the backdoor opened and Yuri came in huffing and puffing with a still half sleeping Jessica.

“Aish, why does this class have to be on the freaking third floor? And why is the stupid elevator broken!” Yuri angrily whispered to herself as she made her way over to where Taeyeon and the rest were sitting.

“Yah, what took you so long?” Taeyeon whispered back.

“This.” Yuri whispered as she pointed at Jessica on her back. “She wouldn’t wake up. I had to carry her here.”

“Jessica, wake up.” Sunny whispered as she threw her pencil at Jessica’s head.

Sooyoung was laughing silently to herself.

“Aish. It’s no use; I’ve been trying to get her to wake up since this morning. Nothing works.” Yuri said as she placed Jessica in her seat and plopped down on the seat next to her. “I’m so tired now!”

“Shhhhh!!” The people sitting up front turned around and shushed.

“Yah, go shush yourselves. Your shushing is louder than my whispering!” Yuri angrily replied.

Sooyoung was bending over her seat laughing uncontrollably.

“Babo! Stop laughing.” Sunny said as she slapped Sooyoung on the back.

“Ow, hey, that hurt!”

The rest of class was quiet as two of them were taking notes diligently while the others were doing something else.

Sooyoung was munching on the rest of her beef jerky she had decided to save from earlier.

Taeyeon already knew the material so she saw no point in copying down the notes. She was also thinking about some other stuff.

Yuri who already knew the material as well was still going to take notes, but because she was too tired to even lift up her hand to write, she just sat there and stared at the professor.

Jessica who was sitting in her chair upright was still sleeping.


Seating arrangement:

Jessica Yuri (in a row)

Taeyeon Tiffany Sunny Sooyoung (in the row behind)





------
End of Chapter 11!