EP Chapter 18

Elite Protections



Chapter 18


Author’s POV

A week went by without much going on, much to everyone’s surprise.

The only thing that seemed oddly out of place was the disappearance of Minho and that strange Hyuna girl. Both, as Amber noted, had not shown up to class all week. Could it have just been coincidental that the two went missing at the same time? Perhaps, however, not enough information was obtained to rule anything out as of yet.

It was suspected that something big was brewing on the enemy’s side, but till now, nothing has happened. Taeyeon was sure that they would attack again seeing as how Yoona was still healing from her injuries earlier and would be at a slight disadvantage, but it’s almost as if the enemies just disappeared off the radar.

It might seem like a good thing that there have been no attacks, but it made the girls restless.

Today was Friday. The girls are sitting in their last class of the day before the weekend comes.

Over in the classroom where Jessica, Yuri, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny, and Sooyoung were at, most of them were quiet except for two.

“Hey, is that chocolate? Can I have some?” Sunny asked as she reached over and grabbed the bar of chocolate out of Sooyoung’s hand right when she was about to take a bite.

The taller girl ended up chomping down on air, her upper and bottom teeth hitting each other.

Realizing that her chocolate bar had been taken, Sooyoung tried to snatch it back, but Sunny had passed it over to Tiffany who was sitting on the other side of the girl.

“Sunny! That’s mine!” The taller girl whined trying to reach across Sunny over to Tiffany with her long arms.

“Shhh, we’re in class, don’t yell.” The shorter girl said pushing Sooyoung back into her seat.

Tiffany, thinking that Sunny offered her some chocolate broke off a piece and happily placed it inside .

Sooyoung, being able to see over the top of Sunny’s head gasped as she watched Tiffany swallow a piece of her beloved chocolate bar.

“Pssssttt! Psssstttt! Tiffany!!” Sooyoung called out as quietly as she could, but hoping that it was loud enough for Tiffany to hear.

Sadly, the latter was now too engrossed in feeding a piece of chocolate to Taeyeon to notice the taller girl’s call.

“Here Tae, say ahh~” Tiffany cooed softly as she held a piece of chocolate in front of Taeyeon’s mouth.

The shorter girl’s face turned red as she vigorously shook her head left and right to tell Tiffany that she didn’t want to be feed any chocolate. However, Tiffany, being either completely oblivious to what the shorter girl was trying to tell her or simply choosing to ignore it, pushed the chocolate inside Taeyeon’s mouth without warning.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened even more as her chocolate bar was slowly shrinking in size.

Sunny, who was skillfully watching everything from the corner of her eyes, giggled to herself. Whether she took the chocolate from Sooyoung on purpose or because she really wanted a piece is something no one will ever know but Sunny herself.

Being generous with the chocolate bar, Tiffany offered some to Jessica and Yuri sitting in the seats in front of her. The two, however, both declined.

They’ve both been really quiet around each other for the past week to the point where everyone around them can tell something is obviously wrong, but seeing as how neither wants to be bothered, no one asked. As for the ones who know about the story, there’s nothing they can do right now but hope that the two will talk to each other and sort things out.

Tiffany, being one of the three that know of the story, sighed and leaned back in her seat, her happy mood ruined by the sight of the two sitting quietly in front of her. Feeling slightly depressed about the situation, the latter ripped the candy wrapper down some more and broke off another piece of the chocolate bar.

A gasp was heard, but no one knew where it came from.

After eating 3/4ths of the chocolate bar, Tiffany passed the rest over to Taeyeon, who had to take it whether she wanted to or not.

Taeyeon looked down at what’s left of the chocolate bar in her hand before she folded the wrapper around the rest of it and placed it inside her jacket pocket.

About five minutes later, a small paper ball landed on Taeyeon’s desk.

“What the—” The latter scrunched her brows as she picked up the paper ball before looking around the room.

Her eyes stopped on Sooyoung who had her neck stretched really high in the air.

“Open it.” Sooyoung mouthed.

“Why?” Taeyeon mouthed back.

“Just do it.”

Sighing, the shorter girl did as she was told.

After straightening out the piece of paper on the desk, Taeyeon read what was written on it.


Dear Midget,

Give me the chocolate back and no one gets hurt.

Love, Soo


It was a simple note that conveyed its intended message to the receiver.






Other classroom

Over to the other class where the rest of the girls were at, nothing too exciting was happening.

The professor was giving his lectures as usual, not noticing that half of the class had fallen asleep.

“Umma, I want to sleep too~” Sulli whined to Victoria who was sitting in the seat behind her.

“No Ssul, now be good and pay attention.” Victoria replied and motioned for the latter to face forward.

Sulli pouted and huffed angrily but did as she was told.

Meanwhile, a few seats down, Yoona was vigorously poking Seohyun on the arm.

The younger girl at first kept ignoring the pokes she was getting but it got to the point where it was starting to distract her from paying full attention to the professor.

“Yoongie, why are you poking me?” Seohyun whispered turning to look at Yoona who stopped poking and smiled brightly at the younger girl.

“No reason.”

Seohyun furrowed her brows unhappily. “If you don’t have a reason, then stop.”

“But I like poking you Hyunnie.” Yoona replied.

Seohyun blushed but she was still unhappy with Yoona’s action.

“You should really be paying attention.”

“I am.” Yoona answered before she leaned her face closer towards Seohyun’s. “I’m paying attention to you.”







An hour later, back at the dorm.

After walking back to the dorms, everyone automatically filed into Taeyeon and Tiffany’s dorm room and flopped themselves down on either the couch or the floor.

“Hyunnie…are you still mad at me?” Yoona asked sitting next to the younger girl.

“No, but you should know that it’s important to pay attention in class instead of saying and doing nonsense things.”

Yoona pouted. “I do~”

“That’s good to hear.”

Seohyun wasn’t really mad at Yoona. She just didn’t know how to react when Yoona suddenly leaned her face close to hers so she resorted to just not talking to the girl and trying to ignore her presence for the rest of class.

A few minutes of silence passed by before Yoona cutely called out.

“Hyunnie~ You’re really not mad at me anymore right? I promise I’ll be more studious from now on and pay attention.”

Seohyun, not being able to handle a cute Yoona very well yet, shyly giggled. “Of course not Yoongie.”

Yoona pumped her fist in the air happily. “Yes! Hyunnie’s the best!”

“Oh my god, will you two stop with the nickname calling? It’s giving me diabetes.” Sooyoung said rolling her eyes as she placed some chips in .

“Yeah, I think I’m puking rainbows over here.” Taeyeon added lazily from the couch.

“Guys, don’t pick on them.” Victoria said as she took off her jacket to place on top of Sulli who had fallen asleep.

“Yeah, don’t pick on them. I think they’re very cute together.” Tiffany said as she gently brushed Jessica’s hair soothingly as the blonde girl had her head on Tiffany’s lap.

Amber, who was sitting next to Krystal, played with Bap in her lap.

“Yah, let him have it.” Krystal said as she watched the poor dog try to get the piece of chip Amber’s dangling on top of his head.

Amber laughed as she continued to tease the poor dog.

Luna, who finally noticed Amber torturing her hungry dog, voiced out her feelings.

“Yah, stop starving my dog or else I’ll tell Sooyoung unnie where you hide all your junk food.”

Amber looked up at the shorter girl in the eyes. “You wouldn’t.”

Luna squinted her eyes at Amber. “Don’t make me then Ber.”

A few more minutes of the staring contest between Amber and Luna before Amber finally looked away and sighed.

“You’re no fun.”

Krystal happily snatched the chip out of Amber’s hand and fed it to the dog who cheerfully accepted it.

The rest of the day went by as the group continued to laze around Taeyeon and Tiffany’s dorm room until dinner before each retreating back to their respective rooms for the night having no set plans for the weekend.






The next day. Early Saturday morning.

“Hey Yoong, what are you doing up so early?” Taeyeon asked walking into Yoona and Seohyun’s shared dorm room in her pajamas.

“Oh hey unnie. Nothing much, just reading.”

“…since when do you read anything?”

“Yah, I do too read things unnie.”

“Yeah, books on how to prank people.”

Yoona sat up in her seat. “Unnie! Those books were written by the greatest pranksters in history! Of course I had to read them!”

“….so what are you reading now?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing too fancy, just the dictionary.”

17f0f3b0.gif
“.....................”

“Is something wrong unnie?”

“………..Pffft. Hahahahaa I thought you just said the dictionary. Still as funny as usual Yoong.” Taeyeon said wiping a tear from her eye.

“But I did say the dictionary unnie.”

“……………Ahahahaha the second time is even funnier. Aiming to be a comedian as well now huh?”

“I’m not kidding unnie, look.” Yoona said as she held up the dictionary to show Taeyeon the book cover.

5a6157d0.gif
“………………………Oh my god, who are you!?! What’ve you done with our beloved Yoona you – you imposter!!”

Yoona laughed and flipped to the next page like her reading the dictionary wasn’t anything to be shocked about. “It’s actually quite interesting, the dictionary I mean. I’m learning so many new fascinating words. Like for instance, basorexia, did you know that it means a strong craving or hunger for kissing? Apparently, the word orexia derives from the Greek meaning hunger and the word baso derives from the Latin meaning kiss.”

Just then, Seohyun walked in.

“Hyunnie, you’re back!! I missed you!” Yoona said throwing the dictionary aside lifelessly and jumping off the couch excitedly.

Seohyun blushed and mumbled an “I miss you too” as Yoona attacked the younger girl in a bear hug.

“Where did you go so early in the morning with Tiffany and Victoria unnie? Don’t you know I experience bad cases of basorexia whenever you leave me for more than a minute?”

The younger girl’s face turned a darker shade of red than before as she tried to pry Yoona off her.

After successfully getting Yoona off, Seohyun turned to look at Taeyeon. “Good morning Taeyeon unnie, did you sleep well last night?”

Taeyeon couldn’t help but chuckle at Yoona’s pout as Seohyun focused her attention on the older girl.

“Yes I did, thanking you for asking.”

Yoona, feeling abandoned, try to latch herself onto Seohyun again but the younger girl was quick to move away.

“Also, Tiffany unnie sent me to get you. She’s in the living room of your dorm waiting for you.” Seohyun politely said as she hurried past Taeyeon. “I’ll see you in a bit unnie, after I get changed.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon replied as she watched Seohyun disappear inside her bedroom.

Yoona wasn’t far behind the younger girl.

Just as Yoona reached the front of the bedroom door, the latter turned around and yelled out to Taeyeon.

“Unnie! There’s a new word I learned today I think you will like! When you see Tiffany unnie, tell her you think she has a great callipygian figure!!”

“What? Why? What does callipygian mean?”

“It means having well-shaped buttocks!! Good luck unnie!!” Yoona waved happily before closing the bedroom door behind her.

Taeyeon stood there, not knowing whether to blush or beat the crap out of Yoona…or both, blush while beating the crap out of Yoona.

After a few minutes of standing there, Taeyeon finally decided to just go see what Tiffany wanted.






Taeyeon’s POV

“Hey Tiffany, you wanted to see me?” I asked walking back over to our dorm.

“Ah, yes. Come sit down.” Tiffany replied patting the empty seat next to her on the couch.

I sat down and noticed a couple of vacation brochures scattered on Tiffany’s lap.

“What’s that?” I asked picking one up and looking at it.

“Our soon-to-be vacation spot.” Tiffany replied.

“Huh? What do you mean our soon-to-be vacation spot?”

“For our break next week. Don’t tell me you forgot?”

“Eh? We have a break next week?”

“Yes silly! I can’t believe you didn’t know!”

I scratched my head.

Why didn’t the others tell me we had a week off?

“So where do you want to go?” Tiffany asked looking at me eagerly.

“Go?” I repeated my brain processing a little slower than usual.

“Yes! For our vacation!” Tiffany replied excitedly, bouncing up and down in her seat like a little kid.

Cute.

“Uh...I don’t really know.” I said looking away, trying hard to keep my feelings buried deep within me.

It definitely wasn’t an easy task. Every time I see Tiffany, my heart leaps for her and I can feel my feelings for her trying to dig its way out to the surface. It doesn’t help with me being her roommate either. I never knew suppressing my feelings for her would be so hard.

“Which is why I have these out.” Tiffany said moving the brochures on her lap over to mine. “Look at them and pick a place. Victoria unnie, Seohyun and I talked about some of the places this morning and we’ve managed to narrow it down to just these.”

I scratched my head again. “Why am I the one picking the place? How about we just stay in the dorms over break?”

“What? No way, that’s boring! Plus, I’ve already asked all the other girls and they all voted on going somewhere.”

It might be too dangerous if the girls go somewhere unfamiliar and less guarded…

“I think relaxing at the dorms is better don’t you think? I mean, isn’t it kind of hard to go somewhere with so many people? What if someone gets lost or separated from the rest of the group?” I tried reasoning.

“So? We can always call each other on our cell phones. Plus, we’re all big girls, I’m sure everyone can take care of themselves.”

If only you knew there are bad people after you Tiffany…..

“I still think we should stay at the dorm. Much safer.”

“Oh come on Taeyeon! Please?” Tiffany gently shook my arm and pouted cutely at me.

I tried to look away so as to not be in from the cuteness overload, but Tiffany wouldn’t let me.

“Taeyeon-ah, please?” Tiffany pleaded.

Aish, why do you have to be so adorable—NO! Don’t give in to her!! Close your eyes!!

I quickly closed my eyes and held my breath.

After a few minutes of silence, I decided to take a peek to see if Tiffany had given up, but much to my surprise, as soon as I cracked my eyes open, I found the girl’s face up close to mine and staring directly at me.

My eyes shot wide open and I tried to back away quickly but was stopped by Tiffany.

“Taetae-ah, pretty please? For me?” Tiffany asked again as she leaned her face closer and closer towards mine.

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!

Too close! Personal space! I need my personal space!!

“Okay! Okay! Okay!” I yelped in panic because I was afraid of what I might do if Tiffany came any closer. I don’t think I would be able to control myself once that happens and I would definitely jeopardize everyone else.

“Yay!” Tiffany jumped up off the couch happily as I sat there trying to gain my senses back.

I wasn’t even able to get a few calm breaths in before Tiffany sat back down on the couch and ushered me to quickly pick a place so she can go tell the other girls where we’re going.

Seeing as how all the brochures on my lap were of places outside of the country, I had no choice but to still pick a place.

“How about this one.” I said picking up a brochure.

Tiffany grabbed it from my hand and looked at it before squealing happily. “You have great taste Taeyeon! I can’t wait to tell the others we’re going to Paris, the city of Love!”

I blinked a few times before I choked on my own spit. “Wha-what?! The city of love?!”

Tiffany clasped her hands together excitedly. “Yeah, isn’t it romantic?”

“B-b-but I thought Paris was the city of lights not love!”

“Silly, Paris has always been the city of love, lights – true, but love, definitely.”

Feeling lightheaded all of a sudden, I leaned back in my seat and placed a hand over my forehead.
What did I just get myself into……how could I have not known Paris is called the city of love?!

Stupid!





Author’s POV

Just then, Yoona and Seohyun came into the room hand in hand, Seohyun blushing while Yoona had a big grin plastered on her face.

“So did Taeyeon unnie pick a place yet?” Seohyun asked and Tiffany bounced off the couch over to Seohyun.

“Yes she did and guess what?! We’re going to Paris next week!!” Tiffany shouted happily.

“Really? The city of love?” Yoona asked as she looked back and forth between a happy Tiffany jumping around and a dazed Taeyeon on the couch.

“Yeah, did Taeyeon unnie really pick the city of love as our vacation spot?” Seohyun asked as well.
Taeyeon, who had slightly come to, buried her face in her hands. “Why am I the only one who got Paris mixed up as the city of lights instead of love?”

“Actually unnie, Paris is known as the city of love as well as lights so you’re not really wrong.” Seohyun explained and Taeyeon whimpered into her hands.

“Let’s go tell everyone else!” Tiffany said as she dragged Seohyun and Yoona out of the room.






Krystal and Amber’s bedroom.

“What are you doing?” Krystal asked as she sat up in her bed and looked at Amber sitting at her desk with the laptop in front of her.

As soon as Krystal asked, Amber slammed the laptop close and turned around to look at the girl. “Nothing! What are you doing up? Did I wake you?”

Krystal eyed the slightly surprised Amber who smiled awkwardly.






















“Were you….watching …?”





















Amber’s spit caught in as she couldn’t believe Krystal just asked her that.

“Wha-what?! Why would I be watching p-!?!”

Just then, Yoona burst through into their bedroom.

“I heard ! Who was it that watched?!”

Krystal pointed at Amber.

“Amber?!” Yoona gasped as she held a hand over . “I didn’t know you liked that kind of stuff!”

“Wha-what?!! I didn’t watch! I swear!! I was just chatting with someone on the computer! That’s it, I promise!” Amber said as she frantically waved her hand in front of her.
“I don’t know.” Yoona said as she eyed Amber suspiciously. “Krystal here believes you were.”

“I swear I didn’t Yoona!”

“Then show me your computer.” Yoona said walking over.

As soon as Yoona opened the laptop, Hyoyeon’s face appeared on the screen.

Since Amber’s body and partially Yoona’s body was blocking Krystal’s view of the computer, Krystal wasn’t able to see what was on Amber’s computer screen.

Yoona looked over at Amber.

“See? I told you I wasn’t.” Amber muttered and Yoona looked back at a bent over laughing Hyoyeon who had covered to prevent any sound from escaping.

Since the laptop didn’t shut off when Amber closed the laptop, Hyoyeon was able to hear everything that was being said in the room.

Yoona nodded and closed the laptop before turning around to face Krystal.

“So? What was Amber doing unnie?” Krystal asked curiously.

Yoona patted Amber’s shoulder comfortingly.






























“She was watching .”



























“What?!?!” Amber shouted and Yoona winked at Amber before dashing out of the room.

But not even a minute later, Yoona stuck her head back into the room.

“By the way, Tiffany unnie told me to tell you guys that we’re going to Paris for our vacation next week so start packing your clothes for some fun at the city of love!! Bye!!”

With that, Yoona disappeared again, leaving just Amber and Krystal in the room.

Amber stared at the spot Yoona was just at before looking over at Krystal who also turned to look at Amber.
















“I swear I wasn’t.”




------
End of ch.18
Hey guys, sry for not updating in a while. I had to fly and attend a 4-day grad school orientation then fly back and pack for a day before driving 12hrs up to school. Then I had to unpack and settle in. I finally got internet where I live today so I can do stuff now lol. I feel like I've missed so much from the last two weeks - kryber related that is~
Anyways, I know I said I was going to update 'getting your girl' next but since I'm stuck on the last part of the next update, you guys will havta wait just a little bit longer for it but you can enjoy this update in the mean time though there's not a lot of kryber ^^
The next update from me will probably be for "She's my brother?!?" so look forward to that b/c I'm almost done writing it ^^
Bye for now~