EP Chapter 14.2

Elite Protections


Chapter 14.2


Amber’s POV

After dinner everyone went back to their respective dorms. Yuri had to drag Jessica back because she had fallen asleep again when we were cleaning up the table. Krystal wasn’t ignoring me anymore, but she still wasn’t really talking to me either. I still have no idea what I did. I mean I went to class with Sooyoung and them and come back to a different Krystal. What the heck, right?

Well, whatever is wrong with her, I don’t really care. My duty is to only protect her, not deal with her confusing mood swings. As long as I keep her safe, there’s nothing else I need to worry about. Nothing else.


KNOCK KNOCK


I got up from the couch where I was reading my book to answer the door.

“Taeyeon? What’s up? Why are you still up?” I asked as I opened the door to find a wary looking Taeyeon.

“Hey Amber, got a minute?”

“Sure, but why aren’t you sleeping? You look really tired. I thought Yoona was suppose to stay awake tonight in your dorm.”

“Oh, yeah, well, I couldn’t really sleep and I need to talk to you first anyways.”

“Okay, what is it then?”

“Is Krystal sleeping?”

“Yep, last time I checked.”

“What about Yuri and Jessica?”

“Sleeping as well. What is it? You sound really serious.”

Taeyeon walked over to the kitchen and sat down on one of the stools. I closed the door and made my way over to her after locking it.

“Taeyeon, you okay? Where did you go after lunch today? You really had us all worried?” I said quietly.

Taeyeon nodded her head. “Don’t worry about me, I’m fine. I just had to do some thinking.”

“Oh, okay. So what do you want to talk to me about at four in the morning?”

“Tell me honestly okay?” Taeyeon said turning to look at me.

“…uh, okay? Tell you what though?” I asked slightly confused at what Taeyeon was talking about.

“Why did you send that text in the morning? When you were at the park?”

“Oh…that. Well, uh…not to alarm you or anything, but umm…” I said contemplating if I should tell Taeyeon the whole thing. I don’t want to get her worked up over something I’m not fully sure myself.

“…they sent their people in to pose as students among us right?” Taeyeon said exactly what was on my mind.

How did she know?

I nodded.

“I see.” Taeyeon said turning to face the front while looking deep in thought. “Then that confirms it.”

Confirms it?

What is she talking about?


“Confirms what?” I asked. “What are you talking about? Did something happen?”

“Amber, listen to me. You need to be with Krystal every second of every day from now on got it? I don’t care where she’s going or what she’s doing, you are not allowed to leave her side. Also, I will have Yoona tag along with you as well. She will help you watch over Krystal. Victoria and Sulli will also be there if you need them.” Taeyeon said quietly but sternly.

“Wait, what are you talking about? Why is Yoona helping me watch over Krystal? What about Seohyun?”

“Don’t worry about Seohyun. Yoona will still watch over Seohyun, but her main focus now is to help you watch over Krystal. If need be, Victoria and Sulli will take over watching Seohyun when Yoona can’t.”

“Taeyeon, tell me what’s wrong. Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?”

Taeyeon sighed as she rubbed her forehead. “Alright, look, I’m not going to explain everything because I’m still having Hara do some digging and checking up on some people right now. All I’m going to say is that aside from them posing as students, they have decided to target the most important one among the six.”

The most important one……?

“Krystal?” I unconsciously said out loud.

“Yes. Krystal.”

“How do you know they are targeting her first though?” I asked.

“I accidentally overheard them talking.”

“When?”

“Before I came back to the dorm.”

“Did you see them?”

“Uh…well,” Taeyeon said rubbing her neck, “I was umm…I couldn’t uh…”

“You couldn’t what?” I asked raising an eyebrow at Taeyeon who suddenly seemed flustered and embarrassed.

“I tried to see their faces, but uh…..well, you see…..the window was a little uh….too high up for me.”

“Pfffttt.” I slightly laughed. “Are you serious?”

“What? Stop laughing, I’m being totally serious here.” Taeyeon said pouting at me, her face scrunched up.

“Ok ok, sorry.” I said.

“Anyways, so now that we know they are posing as students in our classes, we need to be even more alert of any students that approach them, even professors.”

“Yeah, I understand.”

“Good, once Hara gives me more information, I will notify you and the others.”

“Ok.”

Taeyeon and I talked a little more about some stuff before she finally went back to get some sleep. Seriously, that girl needs to take better care of her health.

After closing the door and locking it, I went to check up on Krystal and found her still sleeping peacefully. I then went to Yuri’s side of the dorm to check up on her and Jessica. They were both still sleeping as well. I made my way back to the couch I was sitting on earlier and opened my book.

I didn’t sleep tonight because it was my turn to be on guard for mine and Yuri’s dorm. Yoona was on guard for her’s and Taeyeon’s dorm while Victoria was on guard for her’s and Sooyoung’s.

We decided that someone from the two connecting dorms should take turns staying awake every night just in case something happens.

The clock read 6am. Two more hours until people start waking up.

I stretched out across the couch and stared up at the ceiling.

“Well, this is boring.” I said to myself.

I continued to stare at the ceiling for I don’t know how long until I heard faint sounds coming from Yuri’s dorm. I immediately sat up.

There shouldn’t be anyone up right now.

I sat there quietly, listening for the sound again. I could have mistaken, but then faint footsteps could be heard again.

I got up and silently made my way over to the connecting door. I opened the door slowly and stuck my head through to look around. The lights were dim but there was clearly a figure moving about the kitchen.

It only took a second or more before I recognized who that figure was.

Aish.

“Yah, what are you doing up at this hour?” I asked opening the door all the way and walking over towards the kitchen.

“Oh hey Amber, I was just making a fresh healthy shake, want some?” Yuri asked holding out a cup in front of her.



“Really? You wake up early to make a shake?” I asked taking a seat on one of the stools.

“A healthy shake and yes.” Yuri said sitting on the stool next to me. “Here, try some.”

I looked at the green goo inside the cup.

“Uh…no thanks.” I said pushing the cup back towards Yuri.

“Suit yourself.” Yuri said shrugging and taking a big gulp of her shake. “Ah! Delicious.”

I scrunched up my face. “You are seriously really weird.”

We sat there in silence, neither of us saying anything. I was still thinking about what Taeyeon told me earlier.

I wonder how everything’s going to turn out in the end.

Maybe I should go have a quick talk with Yoona…


“Hey, uh, I’m going to go talk to Yoona real quick. Since you’re awake, mind watching the Jungs while I’m gone?” I asked hopping off the stool.

Yuri looked over at me. “You are so heartless.”

“Eh?” I asked surprised. “Heartless? Who, me?”

“Yes.”

“What? Why? What’d I do?” I asked pointing to myself.

“You’re leaving me with the Jungs. Don’t you care for my safety? I thought you were my friend.” Yuri dramatically sighed.

“Haha, of course I do.” I answered patting Yuri on the back. “Stop being so dramatic, they’re still sleeping anyways, you have nothing to worry about.”

“That’s what you think, they are still fully capable even when they are asleep.” Yuri said getting up.

“Well, I’ll just be a few minutes.” I said laughing as I opened the door to go across the hall to Yoona’s dorm.

Right before the door closed, I heard Yuri complaining about switching roommates, “Why can’t I have Tiffany as my roommate instead? She’s so much nicer! Maybe I can ask Taeyeon to switch with me?”

I chuckled to myself before entering Yoona’s dorm with the master key that all of us carry. Upon walking in, I found Yoona sitting on the couch in the living room.

“What’s up? Are you bored too?” Yoona asked while peeling the skin off the sweet potato in her hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked. “When did you start liking sweet potatoes?”

“Huh? Oh this? I’m preparing Hyunnie’s sweet potato breakfast for when she wakes up. I’m going to surprise her. Did you know that she loves sweet potatoes?”

Hyunnie……..should I ask?

“Uh…..yeah, I kind of figured she did when I first saw that crate of sweet potatoes in your dorm.” I answered. “Anyways, that’s not why I’m over here.”

“It’s not? Hmm,” Yoona said looking up at me, “…let me guess, it’s about Krystal?”

Eh? How did she know?

“Let’s see…,” Yoona continued, “Taeyeon talked with you and now you’re worried about having to be next to Krystal all the time when we are out especially since she’s not talking to you…am I right?”

Wow…she’s good.

“Well…it’s just that…you know….it’s hard to be next to her if she doesn’t talk to me and stuff like that.” I said scratching my head. “I mean, I thought we were on good terms especially after the talk we had at the park, but then I came back to the dorms yesterday and it’s like our talk never existed.”

Why am I having a hard time saying this? I have nothing to hide…

“Ah.” Yoona said and then suddenly started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

Was it something I said?

Yoona had stopped peeling the sweet potato and was now using her hand to cover because she was laughing too hard.

“Yah, what are you laughing at?”

Yoona was now bent over laughing hysterically when suddenly, the half-peeled sweet potato in her hand fell on the floor.


“Oh no!! My sweet potato!!”

I watched as Yoona quickly dove to the ground to retrieve the sweet potato then got up and rushed to the sink to clean the invisible dirt off it.

I’m not even going to ask.

“So are you going to tell me what you were laughing at or not?” I asked as Yoona got another sweet potato to peel.

“I was just laughing because I know why Krystal’s not talking to you,” Yoona said taking her seat at the couch again, “or better yet, who made her not want to talk to you.”

I stood by the couch.

Don’t tell me…

“Yep, Sulli was telling Krystal and Seohyun about your life.”

I slapped my palm to my forehead.

Sulli……

“What did she tell them?” I asked taking a seat next to Yoona.

“Well, let’s see. At first, she started off talking about general things like what you liked, your favorite food, your favorite color, how nerdy you were when you were younger, you know, stuff like that.”

“Then what?” I hesitantly asked.

“Then she somehow got on to the topic of dating.”

“What did she say?”

“Let’s see,” Yoona said tilting her head a little, pondering, “she talked about your dating life, your past girlfriends, your secret admirers/stalkers, and who you currently have a crush on.”

“What? Why did she tell her all that? It’s private! And I don’t have a crush on anyone either!”

“Well, according to Sulli, you do.”

“But that doesn’t explain why Krystal’s not talking to me.”

“Oh, Sulli also mentioned something about you being a ert and what not, and some other stuff I think it’s better if you don’t know.”



“Why didn’t you stop her from saying all those things about me?”

“…I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.”



Aish!

“Don’t feel too bad. I’m sure Krystal will talk to you sooner or later.” Yoona said standing up. “We better start getting ready. We’ve got a long day ahead of us.”

I sighed in defeat. “Yeah.”

I dragged myself lazily back to my own dorm, passing Yuri along the way.

“What happened to you?”

“Sulli happened, that’s what.”

“Ah, I heard about that.”

I looked at Yuri. “You heard? When?”

“Yoona told me about it yesterday when we were trying to come up with some pranks to pull.”

I groaned. “Why does everyone always get into my business?”

“It’s called love Amber. We love you, that’s why.”

“Well, there’s just a little too much love going around don’t you think?”

“Nope. It’s just the right amount.”

I was about to retort when the bedroom door opened and Krystal walked out.

Yuri turned and followed my gaze. “Oh, good morning Krystal, you’re up already?”

“Good morning Yuri unnie.” Krystal replied happily but then when her gaze landed on me, it turned into a glare.


What is her problem? I didn’t do anything.

The rest of the morning was no different. I would constantly receive glares from Krystal and giggles from Yoona. I didn’t say anything to Sulli so she was oblivious to what was happening. Victoria noticed something but she didn’t ask. Luna, being a friend of mine back when we were kids, also sensed the tension in the air and tried to relax it by telling jokes, but it didn’t really work. Seohyun was too busy being buried in her notes and books to realize anything was going on.

After our first class ended, I followed closely behind Krystal to our next class. Yoona and Seohyun walked behind me while Sulli, Victoria, and Luna were laughing about something up front.

As soon as Krystal and I walked into our next class of the day, a voice I was hoping not to hear called out to Krystal.

“Hey, Krystal!”

Krystal looked over towards the voice and gave the person a smile of her own. “Oh! Hi Minho oppa, how are you?”

“I’m good, what about you?” Minho asked walking up to Krystal and I instinctively moved in front of Krystal protectively, blocking Minho from getting any closer.

He looked at me and I swear I saw him smirk.

“Oh? This is your friend from the other day?” Minho asked pointing at me.

“Yah, what are you doing? Get out of the way.” Krystal replied angrily while trying to push me aside, but I held my ground.

“It’s cool, anyways, I saved us a seat up front, join me?” Minho asked looking over my shoulders at Krystal.

“You did? Sure I’ll—”

“Sorry, she can’t.” I cut in. “Our friends already saved us a seat over there so if you’ll excuse us.”

I took Krystal by the hand and dragged her over to where Sulli and Victoria were. Krystal was struggling against my grip but luckily Yoona was behind us to block her from going anywhere.

“Yah, what are you doing?” Krystal asked angrily after I released her hand.

“Nothing.” I answered taking a seat.

Krystal, being trapped between Yoona and me, reluctantly took her seat. “Why did you do that? I was going to go sit with Minho oppa.”

“No you aren’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because why?”

I tried to come up with an excuse, but couldn’t think of one.

“Because she wants you to sit next to her instead.” Yoona answered for me.

My face flushed a little. I never said that, what is Yoona saying?

Though surprisingly, Krystal became quiet afterwards. She stopped asking questions and she didn’t seem to be as angry either. Strange.

Just as I relaxed a little for avoiding an angry Krystal and that Minho guy, the girl sitting in front of me suddenly turned around.

“I knew I recognized your voice.” The girl said. “Do you remember me?”

I stared back at the girl.

It’s that girl from the park…what is she doing in our class?

“I see that you don’t.” The girl said after a moment of silence. “Let me introduce myself again. My name’s Hyuna.”


-----
End of Chapter 14.2.
This isn't really that long of an update or that interesting but at least it's an update right? lol
anyways, look forward to reading your comments/feedbacks/criticisms/etc.