EP Chapter 4

Elite Protections

Please excuse any errors! Hopefully this ch. won't be too confusing.

Also, I made a layout of their dorm rooms so it should be easier to visualize and understand what I'm saying
Posted Image
----------------



Chapter 4


Amber’s POV

We ended up using the rest of the day to scout the whole university. By the whole university, I literally mean the whole university. Every inch and corner. Inside and out. We familiarized ourselves with it all. It was beyond tiring. By the time we finished, it was already 5am in the morning.


“Hyung~ I’m tired, can you carry me? Pretty please.”

“I’m sorry Ssul, but I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because Yuri is currently dragging me since I can no longer feel my legs. Maybe you can ask her to drag you too.”

“Aw, but I want you to carry me hyung~”

“Sulli, please lower your voice, we don’t want to bring attention to ourselves.” A tired Taeyeon ordered.

“But Taeyeon unnie~ I’m tired!”

“Sulli stop whining and lower your voice. Plus, you have the best stamina out of all of us so I don’t know why you are complaining.”

“But—”

“Here, I’ll carry you Sulli. Come on, hop on my back.” A weary Victoria responded.



As we were making our way back to our dorms quietly, everyone’s phone suddenly went off. We all got a message from the President to have everyone report to his office as soon as possible.

“Aw man, do we have to go now Taeyeon unnie?” Sulli whined.

“Well, since he asked for all of us together, we might as well go now. We have to use tomorrow to scout out areas around the university.” Taeyeon answered.

Darn, how am I suppose to drive if I can’t even feel my legs right now.

“Technically, right now is already tomorrow Taeyeon unnie. Can’t we just go back and sleep for a while?” Yoona reasoned.

“No, come on guys, stop being like this. Remember why we are here in the first place? We cannot put ourselves before this assignment. Their safety and our duty is number one.”

“But Taeyeon unnie, if we don’t get some rest, we’ll be too tired to protect them if anything were to happen.” Yoona rationalized.

“Look, we already agreed to take on this assignment, so we must carry it out to the best of our abilities. Plus, we were in worse conditions during our training days. Don’t you remember?”

“Come on guys, Taeyeon’s right. Let’s just go see the President now since we are all together. We could even crash at the academy for a few hours after meeting with the President before continuing our scouting.” Yuri voiced out.

Well, that sounds okay, as long as my legs get some rest.

“Alright Yuri, count me in.” I said. “But you’re gonna have to drag me to your car instead of mine. I don’t think I’m in the conditions to drive right now.”

“No problem.”


“I don’t—*munch*—care whether—*munch*—we go—*munch*—now—*munch*—or later—*munch*.” Sooyoung said in between eating her extra large bag of chips.



After everyone finally agreed, we all headed to the President’s office. No one knows why he would suddenly be contacting us at 5am in the morning. It must’ve been something urgent or really important.

I had left behind my car and car-pooled with Yuri instead. Victoria rode with Taeyeon again while Sulli and Yoona went with Sooyoung, reluctantly. We forced the two younger ones to go with Sooyoung to make sure she won’t make another detour on our way to the President’s office.

When we got to the academy, we all squeezed ourselves into the elevator taking us up to the 30th floor. Upon arriving at the 30th floor, some of us fell asleep. In the end, Taeyeon had to carry Yoona on her back, Victoria had to carry Sulli, Yuri dragged me and I dragged Sooyoung. After finishing her extra large bag of chips, Sooyoung was finally tired and had fallen asleep on me while we were in the elevator which resulted in me dragging her while Yuri dragged me.

After arriving in front of the door to the office, we woke the others up and straightened ourselves up a little before entering. Upon entering, the President was sitting at his desk with a bunch of files scattered all over, some were even on the floor. Something must be up.

“Mr. President, you wanted to see us?” Taeyeon spoke.

“Ah, yes, it seems—are you guys okay?”

“Yes, we are fine, please don’t worry about us. What is it you wanted to tell us?” Taeyeon answered.

“Well, aside from you guys looking exhausted, it looks like they are on the move already.”

“On the move? Who?” Yuri questioned.

“Yes. Our informants have just informed us earlier. Some of them are no longer in the planning stage. I have some files here that you all need to take a look at. Also, has anything out of the ordinary happened yet?”

“Not that we were able to detect Mr. President. However, because we were scouting the area after we settled in, we have not been back to our dorms to check for any suspicious activities.” I answered.

“Hmm…what about your roommates? Are they safe?”

“Well sir, we don’t exactly know as of right now.” Sooyoung cautiously answered.

“What?! What do you mean you don’t know? How can you not know? What have you guys been doing all this time? You know what your duty is right now, don’t you?”

“Yes sir, we do.” Taeyeon answered for us.

“Well then please explain to me why you don’t know if your roommates are safe or not?”

“We don’t know because none of them were there when we moved our stuff in. Also, after we finished moving in, we left to scout the university so we would be familiar with our surroundings.” Taeyeon explained.

“Arraso arraso. Nothing should have happened yet. I want you guys to go back and check on them right now. Also, please be more alert and take these files with you. I want you to look over them carefully. It is very important that everyone reads it, arraso?”

“Dae Mr. President.”

“Also, you must protect all of them as a group as well as individually. Stay with your selected individual at all times. If you all must go somewhere, always have at least two people stay back to protect them. I know you guys have always been a group since forever, but things are different now. Things are moving faster than we expected, so please be careful. You may all leave now.”

“Dae Mr. President.”


As we made our way out of the office, we were all fully awake now. No one was complaining. Everyone headed towards the elevator quietly thinking about what the President had just said while scanning over the files. It was more serious than we thought, especially after looking at the files. The President did not explain the whole thing since he wanted us to get back to our dorms as soon as we can so he only gave us some insight into what he was informed. However, it seems like he was right, we’re going to have to be more alert and careful. We cannot mess up anywhere.

By the time we made it back to our dorms, it was already 8am. We all dashed towards our own dorms hoping that nothing bad has happened.
“Yuri, wait up, let me go through from your side.” I called out to Yuri who was ahead of me.

I ended up going into Yuri’s dorm and going through the connected living rooms to get to my own dorm. It was faster, I didn’t have to fish out my keys and find the right one to open the door. Yuri already had her door opened so I figured it was easier this way. Plus, the doors connecting both living rooms didn’t have a lock so I didn’t have to worry about using a key.

As I made my way towards the bedroom, I briefly glanced back through the connecting doors that I had left open to see Yuri entering her bedroom already.

--Author's note: refer to the room layout at the top if you are confused--

Focusing my attention back to the door in front of me, I opened it as quietly as I could. I poked my head in through the opening of the door first before fully making my way into the bedroom. I adjusted my eyes to the dimness of the room. Good thing it was already morning, so there was a little bit of sunlight shining through the closed curtains. I looked over at my roommate, but all I saw was what looked like a curled up figure underneath the bed covers.

I should check to make sure there is really someone under there.

I softly crept my way over to her bedside. I lowered my hand onto the cover and slowly lifted up the sheets. What I saw next had me mesmerized. This person under the covers was so beautiful. Never have I seen such a stunning face before. The way her hair flows down her face while sleeping, it looks so soft. I don’t know how long I was standing there looking at her, but it wasn’t until the door to my room opened did I snap out of it.

“Yah! What are you doing, are you done yet?” Whispered Yuri.

“Ah, yeah. I am.” I whispered back while my eyes were still focused on the beauty in front of me.

“Well, then hurry up and come back out. Taeyeon is looking for us.”

“Got it.”


After Yuri left, I took one last look at the sleeping form before making my way out quietly. I made sure that all the windows in the dorm were locked before heading out the front door, locking it firmly behind me. Then I headed downstairs to the parking lot where everyone else was at.

“Alright, Amber’s here.” Yuri announced when I ran up to the group.

“Ok, good. Now, has everyone checked on their roommates? Are they all okay” Taeyeon asked.

“Dae.” We all answered.

“Good. I have already informed the President that everyone is safe and sound. I know that everyone is tired, but we need to finish scouting the areas around the university. Now, because of what we were informed earlier, I want three of us to stay back and keep an eye on the 6 of them while everyone else will go out and scout the area. Anyone want to volunteer to stay back?” Taeyeon directed.


“I will stay back.”

“Me too.”

“I guess I will too.”


“Great. Now the three of you will each take a dorm. Keep the connecting doors open so you can watch both sides. You can sleep if you want to, but you must be alert in your sleep. If you hear the slightest noise, be ready. We don’t know when they will appear, how or who they are sending in. I will let you guys know when we are done scouting the area and coming back. Now let’s go.” Taeyeon stated.

“Dae.” We all answered as we made our ways to our respective places. The ones staying back heading inside the building while the ones scouting got inside their cars.

--

Sulli’s POV

“Alright guys, since we each need to be in a dorm, Sulli, you take our dorm. Make sure you open the connecting doors and watch for Sooyoung’s roommate as well. Yoona, you can stay in your own dorm, but watch over Taeyeon’s roommate. I will take Amber and Yuri’s dorm. Is everyone okay with that?” Victoria asked.

“Dae.” The other two answered.

Posted Image
Yesh! I get to guard on my own! Today is my lucky day! I’m not even tired anymore.

“Please be careful Sulli. I’m trusting you to take care of Luna, Bap, and Sooyoung’s roommate, arraso?”

“Dae Vic-umma. I can handle it.”

“Good. Now, we all have our cell phones right? If anything happens, contact someone as soon as possible. But hopefully nothing will happen. It shouldn’t be too bad just yet. Got it?”

“Dae.” Yoona and Sulli said at the same time.

--

Amber’s POV

As Taeyeon, Yuri, Sooyung, and I scouted the areas around the campus, we noticed that someone was following us. He had a hood over his head so we couldn’t see his face, but there was no doubt that he was following us. We made many detours to try and shake him off and also see if had any companions with him, but to our luck, he didn’t.

Not wanting to make any rash decisions since we didn’t know why he was following us and for whom he was working for, we decided to ambush him. It wasn’t too hard. He was a rookie sent here to spy on us. It didn’t take long for him to crack and give away important information that we needed. One of them included something about four people enrolling as students in the university as well. That wasn’t going to be good because now, we’re going to have to keep an eye on all the students that approach them.

After toying around and scaring the rookie a bit, we decided to hand him over to the President. Yuri volunteered to drive the guy over there, so it was me, Taeyeon, and Sooyoung left.

We were planning on heading back to the dorms, but Sooyoung kept whining that she was so hungry so we gave in and went to a nearby café to rest for a bit while Sooyoung ate her food. When is this person ever not hungry?

“Yah Sooyoung –ah, don’t eat all their food, they still have customers to serve for the rest of day.”

“But they are so good! You should try some Taeyeon, maybe it’ll help you grow some more.”

I laughed at what Sooyoung said, but quickly stopped when Taeyeon shot me a menacing glare.

“Why are you always hungry Sooyoung? I bet your parents had a hard time raising you.” Taeyeon said sipping her cup of tea.

“Yah, what is that suppose to mean?”

“What do you think it means, after all, it is a rather straightforward question. You can’t be that dense, can you? It’s like the only thing you know how to do is eat, everything else just seems to be a blur to you. I’m surprised you still know how to breathe and whatnot” Taeyeon replied back calmly.

“Ahahahahaha.” I laughed. It was just too funny.

“Yah, shut it Amber!” Sooyoung said as she shoved a blueberry muffin into my mouth.

“Yah—afdklkjgfgjkfdkjgkjldsfkjldsfkjl!”

“What was that? I can’t quite understand you.” Sooyoung said sarcastically.

After removing the muffin from my mouth, I shot Sooyoung a glare, but she just shrugged and continued eating her 7th pie. Or was it 8th?


--3 hours later--

Posted Image
“Ah, that was delicious! I’m full now, we can go.”

“You’re finally full? Well, that’s a first.” I said sarcastically as I got up to leave.

“Yah! How can you clean out the whole café? Are you crazy?” Taeyeon asked bewildered.

The whole time Sooyoung was eating, we were sitting there watching her with our mouths open. How can anyone not be stunned by the sight of Sooyoung gulfing down everything placed in front of her?

“Alright, let’s go back. Victoria texted me an hour ago saying that things aren’t going very well.” Taeyeon said as she put on her jacket.

“An hour ago? Why didn’t you say anything? What if it was important?” I asked.

“Blame Sooyoung. I was so astounded by her eating everything that I didn’t hear my phone beep in my pocket. Plus, Victoria said she could handle it for now, just that we should go back once we are done because apparently getting constantly hit by pots and pans really hurt.”







----
End of Chapter 4! Hurray!
Hope the layout img of the dorm rooms helped!!
Now I know you guys have been waiting for the other six to appear and they still haven't,
but before you start throwing things, as you can probably already tell, they WILL be appearing in the next chap. So anticipate the update.