EP Chapter 14.3

Elite Protections


Chapter 14.3


Amber’s POV

“I see that you don’t. Let me introduce myself again, my name’s Hyuna.”

I stayed silent while the other girl kept her gaze on me, but shifts to look at Krystal once in a while.

“Thanks for the directions the other day. I don’t know where I would’ve ended up if I didn’t run into you.”

“I—”

Just then, the professor walked in and the lecture room became quiet. Hyuna gave me a wink before turning around to face the front.



UH……?

I was in deep thought when I felt Krystal shift next to me. I looked over at her but she turned her head to look somewhere else. I guess she’s still mad at me.

The rest of class was boring. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Minho didn’t even bother coming up to us after class. As a matter of fact, he rushed out as soon as class was over.

Hyuna on the hand wouldn’t leave us alone. As we were filing out of class, she kept calling out to me. “Hey wait! Wait!”

I ignored her and walked out of the class with Krystal and the others.

“Do you know her?” Yoona asked me as we were walking.

“No.” I said scratching my head.

“Then why did she—” Yoona was cut off by a loud voice from behind us.

“Hey! There you are!”

It was that Hyuna girl.

Krystal who was standing in between Yoona and I mumbled something to herself that I didn’t quite catch. I wanted to ask her what she said but decided not to.

As Hyuna came closer to us, Yoona and I both took a light unnoticeable step closer to Krystal.

Sulli, Victoria, Luna, and Seohyun were up ahead of us so they didn’t realize we stopped.

“Finally, I caught up to you.” Hyuna said as she came up to us, resting her hands on her hips.

I stared back at her blankly.

“Do you need something?” Yoona asked sternly.

“I just wanted to talk to you for a second.” Hyuna said pointing at me.

I raised an eyebrow at her strange request, but before I could respond, Krystal suddenly spoke up. “Why?”

Hyuna looked over at Krystal. There was a moment of silence as the two stared at each other.

“Why what?” Hyuna replied. “I can’t talk to your friend?”

“No.” Krystal replied, glaring at the other girl.

I looked back and forth between the two.

What the heck is going on?

“And why not?” Hyuna asked crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Because I said so.”

I looked over at Yoona and she was watching with an amused expression.

“Well isn’t that too bad, I don’t really care what you say.” Hyuna responded with a smirk as she took a step towards me.

“Excuse me?” Krystal said as she starting moving towards the other girl, anger evident in her voice.

Not good.

“Ah, look at the time. Sorry Hyuna-shii, but we must get going. Our next class is about to begin.” I said as I grabbed Krystal by the arm and pulled her away.

Hyuna was about to follow us when Yoona stepped in front of her, blocking her from doing so. “Since my friend didn’t seem to like you too much, I would suggest you stay away from her and from us. For your safety that is. Have a nice day Ms. Hyuna-shii.”

I wanted to tell Yoona that it really wasn’t necessary for her to say that to Hyuna but since she already said it, there’s nothing much I can do.

“Let me go.” Krystal said as she tried to push me away. “Yah! Let go!”

I was ignoring the girl when I felt a stinging sensation on my hand and yelped out in pain.

“OW!! What the—”

I looked over at Krystal and she smiled innocently at me. “Is something wrong?”
















cebollita_animated_onion-12.gif




“Did you just…bite me?!”



“What? Me?...I would never do such a thing.”



Retrieving my hand away from Krystal protectively, I examined it closely, poking lightly at the bite mark.



“Owwie…” I whimpered in pain.

I was so engrossed with soothing the pain on my hand that I failed to realize someone following us. It wasn’t until Yoona discreetly brought it to my attention did I notice it.

After walking for a few more minutes, I gave Yoona a nod before quietly leaving Krystal’s side without her knowing.

I walked over to one of the benches near a building and sat down.

I crossed my arms and waited.

Not even 5 minutes later, a guy appeared before me. “Tsk. I guess you noticed me.”

“Wasn’t that hard.”

The guy laughed. “Well, I wasn’t trying to go unnoticed.”

“Then what were you trying to do?” I asked unamused.  

“It’s no fun if I tell you.” The guy said.

“I have no time for your games.” I said standing up.

The guy smirked at me. “Why not? Do you need to run back to protect your little girlfriend?”

I glared at the guy, holding myself back from punching him square in the face.

The guy glanced down at his watch briefly before looking back up at me, which of course, didn’t go unnoticed by me.

“No need to get angry. I’m not here to fight.”

“Just seeing your face is enough for me to punch it without hesitation.”

“I’m on your bad side already?” The guy asked shaking his head dramatically and glanced down quickly at his watch again.

Why does he keep glancing at his watch…?

“You were never on my good side to begin with.”

“Well, like I said, I’m not here to fight. I know your skills ranked highest out of all your little friends sent here so I know I would lose if I fought you, especially by myself. That’s not my objective right now.”

Again, the guy looked down at his watch, but this time, he smiled.

Irritated, I walked closer to the guy and grabbed him by the collar. “You do know I won’t let you go so easily right?”

The guy chuckled. “Of course.”

I loosened my grip.

Something’s not right with this guy.

“You know, for someone I thought was smart, you seem to be really slow in figuring out what’s actually going on.”

I furrowed my brows.

The guy smirked again and brought his hands up in front of my face, tapping his watch.

I let go of his collar and took a step back.















If he wasn’t sent here to fight me…then—















Krystal…!







“Ah, I see you’ve finally figured it out.”

“If you even try to touch a single strand of hair on her, I will kill you.”

The guy smiled. “I—”

Before he could say another word, I punched him out cold.

I then sprinted in the direction of our next class where Yoona and Krystal were heading to.

While running, I took out my phone and called Hyoyeon.

“Hey Amb—”

“There’s a guy knocked out near the side of a building, I’ve placed a tracker on him so you’ll be able to locate him. Take him back to the agency and get some information out of him.”

“Got it. I’m sending people there now. They should be there in a few minutes.”

“Thanks Hyo.”

“No problem.”

With that, I hung up and placed my phone back into my pocket. I picked up my pace as I neared the area.

I noticed light drops of blood on the cement near the entrance of the building and cursed myself for not noticing that guy’s motive.

I entered the building carefully and looked around. Half of the building was under construction so it was blocked off.

I headed for the stairs and took two steps at a time until I reached the fifth floor. Along the way, I noticed droplets of blood on the steps.

The hallway of the fifth floor was empty. I passed by the different rooms until I reached the room where our next class was. I looked inside, through the window of the back door. I quickly scanned the room until my eyes found Krystal and the others.

I sighed.






She’s safe.










So who’s blood did I see…?






I was about to open the door quietly when I realized that the back of the head of the girl I thought was Yoona was actually not Yoona.

I let go of the handle on the door and backed away, looking around the hall.

Where’s Yoona?

I quietly made my way further down the hall, looking into each room as I passed by, but still no Yoona.

I started to worry that the blood I saw was Yoona’s.

I went back towards the stairs. I remember the droplets of blood stopped after the fourth floor.

Maybe that’s where Yoona is.

I entered the fourth floor which was under construction as well so it was really messy. No one was around and the lights were a little dim. I looked around and noticed voices coming from down the hall.

I quickly, but quietly made my way there, stopping by the door.


“Yah! I said gentler!”

“I was being gentle!”


I immediately recognized the voices inside.


“You call this gentle?!”

“Stop shouting so I can focus.”

“How can I not shout when you at this? It hurts!”

“Then come closer!”

“No! Get away from me! I can do it by myself.”


I chuckled to myself, these two.


“No you can’t! This requires two people! So let me!”

“Who says! I can do this perfectly by myself.”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I can!”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I CAN!”

“No—”


“Yah, what are you two doing in here?” I asked pushing open the door.

The sight before me was a little disturbing. If it wasn’t for the wads of red cloth on the floor, I would’ve assumed something else was happening.

“Amber! You’re here! Can you please tell Yuri unnie she’s doing this wrong?”

“What? How am I doing this wrong?! I’m trying to help you!”

“By attempting to wrap me like a mummy?”

“What? I didn’t wrap you up like a mummy! Stop exaggerating.”

“Yes you did.” Yoona said and turned to look at me. “Earlier, she said she would help bandage me, but ended up wrapping me from my shoulders down like a mummy. I couldn’t even move.”

I turned serious and walked closer to Yoona. “Where were you hurt?”

“Huh? Oh, it’s nothing serious.” Yoona replied waving it off.

“Not serious? She was stabbed twice.” Yuri said looking up at me. “Luckily I got there in time to help her out.”

cebollita_animated_onion-25.gif

“Pssshhh, I could’ve taken them all by myself.”

“Are you kidding? You were about to be shot if I hadn’t taken the guy out.”

“Whatever, he was going to miss anyways.”

Yuri sighed and stood up, handing me the bandage. “Can you help bandage her wounds? According to her, I’m not gentle enough and I do it wrong.”

I took the bandage and knelt down in front of Yoona, examining her wounds.

“Isn’t she lucky?” Yuri asked standing beside Yoona. “The stab wounds didn’t puncture anything serious. It didn’t penetrate her deep enough to—”

“That’s because the skillful Yoona, me, kept it from doing so.” Yoona boasted happily.

“Right, if you were so skillful, then you would’ve dodged the knife in the first place and not have gotten stabbed.” Yuri said crossing her arms.

“They just got lucky.”

“Have you cleansed her wounds?”

“Yep.”

“Alright, hold still Yoona.” I said and starting bandaging her wounds. “This is temporary. I want you to go see Hyoyeon later today to get proper treatment. Got it?”

“But I’m fine.” Yoona protested. “I don’t need to go see her.”

“I’m being serious here Yoona.”

“So am I. The knife didn’t even—”

“Hyoyeon will get you better treatment. We need to be a 100% sure you are okay.”

“But what about Krystal? I’m suppose to help you—”

“Don’t worry. I can take care of her by myself for the rest of the day.”

Yoona was about to protest again but I stood up. “All done.”

I turned towards Yuri. “Take her to Hyoyeon now. I’m going to go back to class.”

“Okay.” Yuri replied before supporting Yoona to the door.

I walked with the two down the hall.

“By the way, what exactly happened?”

“It’s a long story.” Yoona said massaging her forehead. “But don’t worry, Yuri unnie already called Hyoyeon to take care of the unconscious bodies.”

“I want details later.” I said before ascending the stairs while Yoona and Yuri made their way down.

I entered the classroom quietly and decided to sit in the back. Victoria, being Victoria, sensed I came in and sent me a text: You okay?

I replied with a ‘of course’ before focusing my attention on the back of Krystal’s head. I noticed her head was nodding slightly.

She’s sleeping….

Around ten minutes or so, the class ended and everyone exited the classroom. I stood in the back waiting for the others.

Sulli ran towards me happily.

onion_msn_smilies-22.gif

“Hyung!” Sulli shouted giving me a big hug.

The others gave me a smile when they saw me except for one person. I was about to say something, but was cut off.

“Where were you?” Krystal asked giving me a glare.



-----
End of Chapter 14.3.