EP Chapter 14.4

Elite Protections


Chapter 14.4


Yoona’s POV

“I see that you don’t. Let me introduce myself again, my name’s Hyuna.”

Does Amber know this girl…?

“Thanks for the directions the other day. I don’t know where I would’ve ended up if I didn’t run into you.”

“I—”

Before Amber could respond, the professor walked in and the lecture room became quiet. I was still quietly observing this Hyuna girl when I caught her winking at Amber before turning around to face the front.















88.gif






















Eewwww.

















I glanced over at Amber and noticed that Krystal was also looking at her.

What do we have here?

After a while, Krystal shifted in her seat and Amber looked up towards the girl. Krystal quickly turned her head in the other direction. The direction she turned in happened to be my side so when she saw that I was looking at her, she gave me an awkward smile and fidgeted in her seat before looking towards the front.

Interesting.

The rest of class was boring. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. That Minho boy Amber seems to not like disappeared as soon as class was over. Weird.

As we were leaving the class, I heard that Hyuna girl calling out to Amber. “Hey wait! Wait!”

I know Amber heard the latter calling out to her, but she completely ignored her.

“Do you know her?” I asked Amber as we were walking.

“No.” Amber answered scratching her head.

“Then why did she—” I started saying but was cut off by loud shouting coming from behind us.

The three of us stopped and turned around. I scrunched up my face when I saw who it was.

“Hey! There you are!” It was Hyuna.

As the girl came closer to us, Amber and I both took a light unnoticeable step closer to Krystal.

I was going to call out to Victoria unnie but noticed they were already ahead of us by a lot.

“Finally, I caught up to you.” Hyuna said as she came up to us, resting her hands on her hips.

I looked at the girl. “Do you need something?”

“I just wanted to talk to you for a second.” Hyuna said pointing at Amber.

This girl is definitely weird.

I was quietly observing this strange girl when Krystal suddenly spoke up. “Why?”

Hyuna looked over at Krystal. There was a moment of silence as the two stared at each other.

“Why what?” Hyuna replied. “I can’t talk to your friend?”

“No.” Krystal replied, glaring at the other girl.



106.gif

Oooohhhh, cat fight!!



“And why not?” Hyuna asked crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“Because.”



105.gif

Go Krystal Go!



“Because why?”

“Because I said so.”


This is better than the shows on TV!


“Well isn’t that too bad, I don’t really care what you say.” Hyuna responded with a smirk as she took a step towards Amber.

“Excuse me?” Krystal said as she starting moving towards the other girl, anger evident in her voice.

This is getting intense……COOL!!

As I was really enjoying the show, Amber quickly grabbed Krystal by the arm and pulled her away. “Ah, look at the time. Sorry Hyuna-shii, but we must get going. Our next class is about to begin.”



12.gif

Awww maaannnnnn…



I was disappointed that Amber stepped in, but when I noticed Hyuna about to follow after Amber and Krystal, I quickly stepped in front of her, blocking her from doing so. “Since my friend didn’t seem to like you too much, I would suggest you stay away from her and from us. For your safety that is. Have a nice day Ms. Hyuna-shii.”

Technically, I didn’t have to say it that way, but I kind of don’t like the girl and it’s obvious that Krystal doesn’t either so I decided to make it clear for the girl to stay away. Plus, this girl gives me a strange vibe. It would be bad if she’s actually working with our enemy.

“Let me go.” Krystal said as she tried to push Amber away. “Yah! Let go!”

I walked along the other side of the girl and watched as she struggled to free herself from Amber’s grasp. She looked over at me for help but I could only shrug my shoulders.

The younger girl looked to the front and a few minutes later, smirked. I tilted my head and watched as Krystal slowly moved her head and positioned it on top of Amber’s hand.



Don’t tell me she’s going to—



“OW!! What the—”



Yep, she did.



Krystal looked over at Amber innocently. “Is something wrong?”

Amber had a look of disbelief written all over her face.

“Did you just…bite me?!”

“What? Me?...I would never do such a thing.”

27.gif

Hehehehe.

Amber retrieved her hand away from Krystal protectively and examined it. She poked at the bite mark and whimpered in pain. “Owwie…”

That’s what you get for ruining my live action fight earlier! Ha!

While I was laughing to myself, my instincts kicked in and I noticed someone following us. I walked on in silent for a few minutes to make sure this guy was really following us, but the thing is he wasn’t that good at being completely discreet about it. Strange.

I looked over at Amber and she immediately understood what I was trying to tell her. We walked on for a few more minutes in silence until Amber gave me a light nod before quietly slowing her pace down.

After we were a distance away from Amber and turned a corner, I saw Victoria unnie and the others just a little bit ahead of us.

I placed my arm around Krystal and picked up my pace. “Come on. Let’s catch up to the others.”

“Ok.” Krystal said and turned her head towards Amber’s direction but found that Amber wasn’t there.

“Yoona unnie…where’s Amber?”

“Huh? Oh. She forgot something earlier so she went back to get it. Don’t worry, she’ll be back soon.”

Krystal nodded her head silently as we finally caught up to the others.

Everyone was chatting away with each other while I walked behind Krystal quietly.

I smirked and cracked my knuckles.


Just try and get close to her.


For the past 5 minutes, I’ve noticed quite a few people following us. Some were looking down on us from inside the buildings while some were on top of the roof. So this is why they sent that guy to distract Amber. Should’ve seen what they were trying to do. Too bad they don’t realize that I’m just as capable as Amber. Training wasn’t for nothing. I can take on everyone here alone. I’ve done it many times before so this time shouldn’t be any different.


If what Taeyeon unnie said is true, then their main target is Krystal. Luna and Seohyun will only be hurt if they get in the way.

I need to make sure everyone gets to safety first.



I didn’t have to do much because the building we were going to wasn’t too far away. Victoria unnie, noticing what was happening, had linked her arms around Luna and Krystal and was walking very close to Krystal. She gestured for Sulli to do the same.

Sulli picked up on what was going on and quickly linked her arms around Krystal and Seohyun.

“We’re like a big happy family!” Sulli exclaimed happily.

I smiled at how Sulli was trying to keep the others from wondering why they were all suddenly linking arms with one another.

The closer we got to the building, the more people started appearing behind us.

Wow, these people seriously weren’t kidding about getting Krystal.

Hmm…I can still handle them.

Victoria unnie and Sulli picked up their pace and practically pulled Luna, Krystal, and Seohyun towards the front entrance of the building while I made sure I was close behind Krystal.

When we reached the entrance, I gently pushed Krystal through the door. Victoria unnie looked back and I mouthed to her that I got everything under control. I would’ve liked it if Victoria unnie stayed back and helped me out, but it’s not safe enough to leave Sulli alone to protect three people. She gave me a worried smile before disappearing into the building. I could hear Luna faintly asking where I was as the door was closing.

“Show time.” I said and turned around.

I was a little surprised by the amount of people that appeared before me.

“Where did all these idiots come from?” I said aloud as some started walking towards me with knives in their hands.

“And where are the bystanders when you need them…? Sheesh.” I said taking a step forward.

I was standing in front of the entrance with my arms crossed.

cebollita_animated_onion-25.gif

No one is entering this building without my consent.

I smirked as the enemies slowly closed in.

Not a few seconds later, a guy wearing a black cap launched at me with a knife in his hand. I skillfully dodged the knife and kneed the guy in the gut, then elbowed him in the face.

The guy fell to his knees, holding his stomach in pain as blood dripped from his face.

“Come on, that’s all you got? Next.” I said.

onion_gifs_emoticons-01.gif

Six guys then came at me at once. While I was taking them out, I noticed a few trying to sneak into the building.

“Oh no you don’t.” I said as I quickly broke the hand of the guy I was currently fighting and took his knife.

I turned to my right and punched the guy in the face, did a back kick, taking the guy behind me out, and stepped to my left, grabbing a guy by the arm and hurling him to the ground.

I flung the knife in my hand towards the guy opening the door. The knife penetrated the guy’s hand and he yelped out in pain. I did a back flip and took him out with one kick.

I spun around and blocked a punch from a guy to my right as I was standing firmly in front of the door, but didn’t see a guy sneakily come up from my left. The guy punched me in the stomach and I bent over temporarily from the pain but straightened back up to block his punch. I caught his fist, turned it harshly to the right while pulling him forward, then kneeing him in the stomach. I flung him towards the others quickly approaching, knocking a few of them down.


I’ve taken a lot out but why does it seem like they are only increasing in number?!

Is there some stupid factory near campus producing these idiots..? Aish.



While I was throwing and dodging punches left and right, a shiny object caught my attention as it came closer and closer towards me. It was too late for me to possibly dodge it completely so I turned my body to the left as the sharp object penetrated me.

I clenched my teeth in pain and stepped back so the knife would not penetrate me deep enough to cause serious damage.

While I was pulling the knife out, I was punched repeatedly in the face. As the fist came again, I grabbed the guy by his wrist, pulling him forward.

“I’m going to return the favor.” I said and shoved the knife into the guy’s abdomen.

The guy stumbled backwards and fell.

“That’s what you get.” I said as I placed a hand over my stab wound. “Great, this is going to leave a mark.”

I was too focused on taking the guy out that I failed to notice another one with a knife coming at me from behind. It wasn’t until I felt a sharp pain in the side of my lower back did my instincts kick in. I quickly stagger forward with the force of the knife to keep the penetration to a minimum depth.

“Aish!” I yelled out angrily as the adrenaline coursed through my body. I spun around and kicked out furiously at the guy with my foot. I placed a hand over the knife and tried to pull it out while avoiding getting hit at the same time.

I noticed a guy off to the side with a pistol in his hand.


Oh come on! A gun? Really!?!

53.gif

That’s so not fair!

If I had brought my gun, all these idiots would already be dead or unconscious.



I finally managed to pull the knife out and was about to fling it at the guy with the gun when he suddenly fell to the ground.


Eh?


I took a blow to the stomach and dropped the knife in my hand. The pain was really getting to me now.

I bent over and rested my hands on my knee. I could feel the blood drenching my clothes from the inside.

“Aish.” I muttered before straightening up. I felt a hand on my shoulder and was about to fling the person to the ground when that person quickly spoke up.

“Woah! Woah! It’s me, Yuri!”

“Unnie?!” I asked exasperated and turned around.

“Hi!” Yuri unnie replied back with a smile.

That’s when I noticed that aside from Yuri unnie and me, no one else was standing.

Yuri unnie noticed I was looking around and gave me a small pat on the back. “Don’t worry. I took care of the rest while you were resting just now.”

I nodded my head quietly.

“You okay?” Yuri unnie asked as she examined me. “Does it hurt?”

“Huh? You saw?”

“Sort of, when I was running over here. Did you know you almost got shot?”

“I was going to take him out.”

“Yeah right.”

“Seriously, I was.”

“You would’ve been shot by the time you did.”

“As you can see, I wasn’t.”

“That’s because I took the guy out before he pulled the trigger.”

“Whatever.”

“Alright, come on, let’s go treat the wound inside.”

“What about these guys? We can’t just leave them all lying on the ground. The school might come to think a massacre happened on campus or something.”

“Don’t worry, I called Hyo. She already sent people on the way to clean up the mess.”

I nodded and Yuri unnie helped me inside.

“Yoona, you’re dripping blood everywhere.” Yuri unnie pointed out the droplets of blood left behind by me.

“It’s not my fault.” I pouted.

We walked up the stairs and decided to go to the fourth floor that was under construction for more privacy.

We walked down the lightly dimmed hall looking for a usable room.

“By the way, how did you know to come help me?”

“Huh? Oh! Victoria texted me. She told me what was happening. She told me Amber might be in danger too, but I didn’t see Amber on my way over here.”

“Oh.”

“Originally, Taeyeon was going to come instead of me.”

“Why?”

“Well, after I got the text, I informed Sooyoung and Taeyeon, and excused myself to the bathroom but because Sica was sleeping and her head was on my shoulder, I was having trouble getting up without waking her.”

“Then how did you still come?”

“I managed to lift her head up and had Taeyeon switch seats with me.”

“You mean—”

“Yep. Let’s just hope Sica sleeps for the rest of the day or else Taeyeon will be…” Yuri unnie shuddered. “And I’ll be…” Yuri unnie shuddered again.

“So tell me, what exactly happened.”

“There’s not much to tell.” I answered honestly. “What Taeyeon unnie said was true. They were coming after Krystal.”

Yuri unnie nodded. “So they lured Amber away thinking they could take you out and snatch Krystal.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t let them into the building. Plus, Victoria unnie and Sulli were there to protect her as well.”

“It’s a good thing they didn’t already hide inside the building though I find it odd that they didn’t think to, don’t you?”

“I was wondering about that too. But because Victoria unnie and Sulli were with them, I wasn’t too worried that they wouldn’t get to class safely.”

“Do you think they’re testing us?” Yuri unnie suddenly asked.

I shook my head. “Honestly, I don’t know and don’t care. These people are going to have to get over my dead body to get their hands on the girls, especially Hyunni—I mean Seohyun!”

Yuri gave me a weird look but ignored my slip up.

I fanned myself and the two of us entered an empty room at the end of the hallway. Yuri unnie the lights and helped me onto a desk.

Yuri unnie ripped the bottom half of my shirt so she could stop the bleeding and help cleanse my wounds.

“Do you know what you’re doing unnie?” I asked.

“Of course.”

A few minutes later.



“Unnie, I can’t move my arms....You bandaged them to my body!”

“Oh, sorry.” Yuri unnie said before quickly removing the bandaging.

“Can you be a little gentler?”

“I am.”

OW!

“Yah! I said gentler!”

“I was being gentle!”

“You call this gentle?!”

“Stop shouting so I can focus.”

“How can I not shout when you at this? It hurts!”

“Then come closer!”

“No! Get away from me! I can do it by myself.”

“No you can’t! This requires two people! So let me!”

“Who says! I can do this perfectly by myself.”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I can!”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I CAN!”

“No—”

“Yah, what are you two doing in here?” A voice said as the door was pushed open, revealing Amber.

“Amber! You’re here! Can you please tell Yuri unnie she’s doing this wrong?”

“What? How am I doing this wrong?! I’m trying to help you!”

“By attempting to wrap me like a mummy?”

“What? I didn’t wrap you up like a mummy! Stop exaggerating.”

“Yes you did.” I said and turned to look at Amber. “Earlier, she said she would help bandage me, but ended up wrapping me from my shoulders down like a mummy. I couldn’t even move.”

Amber walked over towards me. “Where were you hurt?”

“Huh? Oh, it’s nothing serious.” I replied waving it off.

“Not serious? She was stabbed twice.” Yuri unnie said looking up at Amber. “Luckily I got there in time to help her out.”

“Pssshhh, I could’ve taken them all by myself.”

“Are you kidding? You were about to be shot if I hadn’t taken the guy out.”

“Whatever, he was going to miss anyways.”

Yuri unnie sighed and stood up, handing Amber the bandage. “Can you help bandage her wounds? According to her, I’m not gentle enough and I do it wrong.”

Amber took the bandage and knelt down in front of me, examining my wounds.

“Isn’t she lucky?” Yuri unnie asked standing beside me. “The stab wounds didn’t puncture anything serious. It didn’t penetrate her deep enough to—”

51.gif

“That’s because the skillful Yoona, me, kept it from doing so.” I boasted happily.

“Right, if you were so skillful, then you would’ve dodged the knife in the first place and not have gotten stabbed.” Yuri unnie said crossing her arms.

“They just got lucky.”

“Have you cleansed her wounds?”

“Yep.”

“Alright, hold still Yoona.” Amber said and starting bandaging my wounds. “This is temporary. I want you to go see Hyoyeon later today to get proper treatment. Got it?”

“But I’m fine.” I protested. “I don’t need to go see her.”

“I’m being serious here Yoona.”

“So am I. The knife didn’t even—”

“Hyoyeon will get you better treatment. We need to be a 100% sure you are okay.”

“But what about Krystal? I’m suppose to help you—”

“Don’t worry. I can take care of her by myself for the rest of the day.”

I was about to protest again but Amber stood up. “All done.”

Amber then turned towards Yuri unnie. “Take her to Hyoyeon now. I’m going to go back to class.”

“Okay.” Yuri unnie replied before supporting me to the door.

The three of us walked down the hall.

“By the way, what exactly happened?” Amber asked.

“It’s a long story.” I said massaging my forehead. “But don’t worry, Yuri unnie already called Hyoyeon to take care of the unconscious bodies.”

“I want details later.” Amber said before ascending the stairs while Yuri unnie and I made our way down.









-----
End of Chapter 14.4.
Okay, so hopefully my first time action writing segment wasn't too bad. lol.