EP Chapter 14.1

Elite Protections

 

Chapter 14.1


Taeyeon’s POV

I ended up sitting on the cliff until late. My mind being occupied by someone it shouldn’t be. However, after contemplating over everything and finally getting my feelings and emotions in control, I am now able to focus on my assignment, my goal set in mind.

I will NOT break the rule no matter what.

As I was heading back to my car, I noticed a very peculiar light coming from inside what looks like an abandoned warehouse of some sort. From the shadows projected by the light, it seems that there are people inside.

Thinking that maybe it was some kids playing around or just stupid drug dealers trying to find a hideout, I was about to ignore it when I noticed a dark form lingering outside seemingly talking on the phone. I crouched down and a few minutes later, the person entered the warehouse.

That person….where have I seen that person before?

I hid near a bush thinking hard to myself. That person just now looked awfully familiar, but where have I seen him before?

Then it hit me.


That hat.


He was in our class this morning.



I remember seeing the same exact hat on the guy sitting 6 rows in front of me. The only reason I remember it is because I was staring at it for most of class. I was intrigued by its design. Plus, the professor was always walking around in the area in front of him so by looking in that direction it also looked like I was paying attention to the professor lecturing.

But why is our classmate lingering at an abandoned warehouse?

Curious, I quietly made my way down towards the warehouse. I made sure there was no one else around the premises outside before nearing one of the windows. I attempted on peeking in, but because the window was slightly taller than my height, I could not easily look in.


Curse my growth spurt that never happened.

I ended up settling for just listening to the people inside talk. I was definitely not expecting to hear what I heard.


“Did you get the documents and everything sorted out?”

“Yes. Also, we’ve decided to go one by one.”

“One by one?”

“Yes, instead of targeting all of them at once, we will target them one at a time.”

“I see, go on.”

“Since they will eventually figure out who we really are and up their security, instead of trying to ambush them or wait for them to take us out, it’ll be easier and more effective if we get them one by one. When they start realizing they won’t be able to protect those six, they will be sent into a state of panic.”

No way…they sent them in as students?

Is this what Amber was trying to imply earlier?


“Are you sure this will work? Do not underestimate the seven of them.”

“It is worth a try, if it doesn’t work, we can always fall back on our original plan to get them all at once. They might not figure out that quickly what we plan on doing even if we fail the first time.”

“…okay then, proceed with your plan.”

“Yes, we will immediately.”

“If I may…”

“Yes, please go ahead.”

“Who is lucky number one of the six to be targeted first?”

They want to target one at a time…..

“Ah, yes. Well, you see, we narrowed it down to three, however…”

Three….then it’s….

“However?”

“…we’ve decided to target the most important one out of the six that we need.”

The most important one……that leaves…….

“Aiming so high already? Won’t she be the toughest to get to? I’m sure they’re all protecting her first.”


I never expected to hear such information at a time like this, tip toeing next to a broken window.


“That’s what we thought, but my sources have told me they’ve each been assigned a particular individual.”


After hearing this, I had to see the faces of the ones conversing and whoever else might be involved. If they were going to be students amongst us, then I need to know what they look like.

I tried stepping on a broken crate next to me by the warehouse as quietly as I could hoping that it could prop me up enough so I can peek inside the warehouse for a few seconds.


“Oh? Is that so.”


As I was putting my other foot onto the crate, the crate suddenly collapsed underneath me causing me to fall to the ground making a lot more noise than I intended.

Shoot! They must’ve heard me.

I cursed myself and the stupid crate before stealthily making my way back up the cliff unnoticed.

I got into my car and drove away with the headlights turned off. Even though the route down from the cliff wasn’t really near the warehouse, I don’t want to take the chance of having someone notice me.

I drove back to the dorms quietly, my mind filled with questions.


So they’re sending their people in as students now, putting them in our classes?


But that guy in our class, he didn’t even try talking to us or even looking behind him. No glances, no nothing.


Is it perhaps I’m mistaking? Maybe the person I saw entering the warehouse is different from the guy in our class?


And I left to early to hear who they wanted to target first…..


But if I’m not mistaken….if they really are going to target the most important one among the six……then…





-Back at the dorm-



No One’s POV

“I’mmmmm ssoooooo hhuunnngggrrryyyyyy……” Sooyoung whined lying across the couch with her legs dangling off the side.

“Yah, can you stop complaining?” Sunny said lifting her head up to look at Sooyoung annoyingly before looking back down at her work.

“Bbbbuuuttttt I’mmmmm hhuunngggrrryyyyyy.” Sooyoung said pouting to the ceiling.

“Why don’t you go make something to eat then?” Victoria asked as she was sitting on the floor with Sulli playing cards.

“That’s Taeyeon’s job.”

“When did that become Taeyeon’s job?” Yuri asked looking over at Sooyoung from her corner where she and Yoona are huddling together trying to come up with pranks to pull.

The people in the room continued to exchange their comments and thoughts back and forth. All of them were gathered in Taeyeon and Tiffany’s dorm because that’s what Taeyeon told Yuri to tell everyone awhile ago when she called.

Everyone was basically stationed in a certain part of the room except for two particular people constantly moving about. One seems to be trying to talk to the person she is following while the one being followed is trying to get away.


“Did I do something?”

“No.”

“Then why are you not talking to me?”

“I am.”

“Short replies do not count.”

“……”

“Are you mad about something?”

“No.”

“Are you sick?”

“No.”

“Did someone make you angry?”

“No.”

“Should I apologize?”

“What for?”

“I don’t know, you tell me.”

“No.”

“Then what is it?”

“What is what?”

“Why are you avoiding me?”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No.”

“Then why do you keep trying to get away from me.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No—”


“Yah! Could you two stop that?!?”


“Yes you are. You keep walking away from me.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I wasn’t.”


“Yah! I was talking to you two! Don’t ignore me!”


“Yes you are. You’re doing it right now.”

“No I’m not.”

“Then how do you explain what you are doing right now?”

“Walking.”

“See?”

“What, I can’t walk around freely now?”

“No.”

“Then I don’t see anything.”


“Oi!! Stop ignoring me!! I’m talking to the two of you!”

“Shut up Sooyoung, you’re being annoying. Leave those two alone.”

“Yah! Don’t tell me to shut up! I will shut up when I feel like shutting up!”

“Sooyoungie…shut up.”

“Ok.”


The door suddenly opened.


“Yah shikskin, lower your volume will ya? I can hear you from all the way down the hall.”

“Taeyeon unnie! You’re back!” Yoona chirped happily making her way over to the leader. “What did you buy?”

“A little of everything. Sorry I made you guys wait, the lines were long.”

Everyone dropped what they were doing and came over to help Taeyeon set the containers of food she bought on the dining table. Soon, they were all seated and ready to eat their dinner.

“So Taeyeon, where did you go today?” Tiffany asked looking across the table at Taeyeon.

“Oh, uh, something suddenly came up. Sorry for disappearing like that, won’t happen again.” Taeyeon said and switched the subject. “So what did you guys do while I was gone?”

“Victoria-umma and I played card games.” Sulli happily stated taking a sip of her soda. “I won every game! I’m so good!”

“Really? You won every game?” Yuri asked looking over at Victoria for confirmation of Sulli’s statement only to receive a chuckle and a light shake of the head.

“What about you Sunny? What did you do?” Taeyeon continued asking.

“I was trying to do homework.” Sunny replied.

“Trying?”

“Yeah, I would’ve been able to concentrate if it weren’t for a certain tall person who keeps complaining about being hungry.”

“Hey! I wasn’t complaining, I was only saying my thoughts out loud. It’s different.”




Tiffany’s POV

“Hey! I wasn’t complaining, I was only saying my thoughts out loud. It’s different.” Sooyoung said as she stuck her tongue out at Sunny who in return also stuck out her tongue.

These two seem close to each other.

I couldn’t help but look back over at Taeyeon who seem to be avoiding eye contact with me since the moment she stepped foot in this house.
I tried asking her where she went earlier because I was curious, but she just brushed the question off. I know we only met each other a few days ago, but I at least thought we were somewhat close friends now. Was I wrong?

“Is something wrong?” Amber asked beside me in a quiet voice.

I turned to look at her.

“Huh? Oh, no, I’m fine.” I said giving her a smile.

I turned back to look in front of me. I wasn’t feeling particularly hungry so I sort of just played with my food, moving the pieces of meat back and forth on my plate. While I was staring at my plate, I noticed Yuri, who was sitting on the other side of me, trying to get a piece of chicken across the table. She seemed to be having trouble reaching it. I decided to help her out by getting it for her, placing it on her plate.

“Thanks!” Yuri said happily giving me a wide grin. “Here, you should try this, it’s really good. I haven’t seen you eating anything yet.”

Yuri reached for the dish in front of her, placing some of its contents on my plate.

“Thank you.” I said slightly blushing.

Why am I blushing? I don’t know either. It could be because I still clearly remember what happened at lunch and haven’t really had a chance to talk to Yuri about it. It’s definitely not because I like her like her.

“No problem.” Yuri said before rubbing her chin. “Hmm…oh! Try this to. It’s really good as well.”

Yuri then reached towards the middle of the table before placing more food on my plate.

Yuri is so kind.

“Thank you. Umm…do you need me to get you anything from over there?” I said pointing across the table at the food that’s out of Yuri’s reach.

“Hmm…” Yuri said tapping her chin while looking at the food across the table. “I—”

“Oi. Are you two just going to keep piling food onto each other’s plates or are you planning on actually eating it?” Sooyoung said.

I looked at Sooyoung, then at everyone else. I hadn’t notice that they had all stopped eating and was looking at Yuri and me.

How embarrassing.

“Yah, leave those two alone.” Sunny said slapping Sooyoung on the arm.

“Ow! What was that for? I was just saying. I mean, look—”

“Here Hyunnie, have some of this!” Yoona happily said out loud cutting Sooyoung off.

I looked over at Seohyun and it looked like she was slightly blushing?

Seohyun is blushing?!

“Oh! And this too! It’s really good! There’s not much left so here.” Yoona said giving everything left on that plate to Seohyun. “Eat it before Sooyoung unnie eats it.”

“Thank you Yoongie.” Seohyun said.

Yoongie? Hyunnie? What the hell?

“Umm…here, you should try this.” Seohyun said giving Yoona the bun on her plate. “I took the last one but you can have it.”

“Really?” Yoona said excitedly. “You’re giving this to me? You are the best Hyunnie!”


Ok….when did these two become like…..like…..like this?

While I turned away from what I was seeing, I saw Victoria putting some food onto Sulli’s plate.

“Here, eat up Sulli. You are still young and growing so eat a lot.”

“Thank you umma!” Sulli replied happily before eating what Victoria placed on her plate.

Uh…okay…

“Hmm…here, try this Krystal.” Amber suddenly said next to me.

I turned to look at Amber to see her putting some food onto Krystal’s plate. Krystal was sitting on Amber’s other side. She didn’t say anything and looked down at the food Amber placed onto her plate.

“Oh, and have some of these oysters, they’re really good.” Amber continued to say as she reached towards the middle of the table to get some oysters for Krystal.

After Amber placed the oysters on Krystal’s plate, she went back to eating her food.

“Thanks, I like oysters.” Krystal mumbled under her breath.

“Hmm? Did you say something?” Amber said looking over at Krystal who lowered her head even more so her face was hidden by her hair.

“I said…thanks, I like oysters.” Krystal softly repeated herself.

“Oh, no problem! I—”

“OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?! JUST EAT THE FOOD ALREADY! STOP PILING IT ON EACH OTHER’S PLATES AND EXCHANGING THANKS BACK AND FORTH!!!!” Sooyoung loudly said raising her hands in the air. “SERIOUSLY!”

Everyone looked at Sooyoung.

“Yeah guys, let’s just eat up, it’s getting pretty late. We still have classes tomorrow.” Taeyeon spoke up.

“Finally the midget says something right!” Sooyoung said giving Taeyeon a pat on the back.

I looked over at Taeyeon but she was looking down at her food. She was blankly poking the food on her plate.

There’s definitely something bothering her.

For the rest of dinner, everyone ate their food quietly, except for Sooyoung whose mouth was like a vacuum, up all the food on the table that weren’t already on our plates. I’m still surprised by Sooyoung’s appetite for food, it’s actually rather shocking to witness.




Amber’s POV

After unsuccessfully trying to get Krystal to tell me why she has been acting the way she is, Taeyeon came back and it was time for dinner. I don’t even know why I was following her around the room, I just did. When I got back to our dorm earlier, Krystal was already in the room. I said “Hi” to her but she completely ignored me. At first, I thought she just didn’t hear me, but when I tried talking to her, she looked at me then looked away. I have no idea what I did, but somehow, I get the feeling she’s mad at me? Or annoyed about something? Whatever it is, I have been trying to cheer her up since I came back, but nothing works. When Yuri came over to tell us to go over to Taeyeon’s dorm, Krystal happily took Yuri’s arm and left with the older girl. I have no idea what is up with her, but I quietly followed behind the two to Taeyeon’s dorm, making sure to lock our dorm before entering Taeyeon’s.

From then on, Krystal just kept walking away from me every time I get near her. We ended up walking around the room because every time I take a step towards her, she would take a step away from me like I was invading her space or something. I tried asking her what was wrong, but she keeps replying me with short answers making me extremely frustrated. I can’t figure this girl out, so confusing!

After Taeyeon finally came back, we all dropped what we were doing to go over and help her set up the table and food. After everything was set, I noticed Krystal taking a seat next to Seohyun leaving an empty seat on the other side of her. I decided to sit in that empty seat just because I felt like annoying her. Since she keeps trying to get away from me, let’s see her get away now. Ha! Genius!

When Krystal saw me taking a seat next to her she got up to move, but all the other spots were filled by then so she had no choice but to stay where she is, next to me. I smiled proudly to myself. I’m so smart!


I was busy thinking how funny it is that Krystal is sitting next to me and is clearly pissed about me sitting next to her when I looked over at Tiffany who was sitting on my other side to notice she was blankly staring down at her food.

“Is something wrong?” I quietly asked Tiffany who turned to look at me.

“Huh? Oh, no, I’m fine.” Tiffany answered giving me a smile that looked almost forced.

Hmm…

I turned back to eating my own food. Awhile later, I suddenly heard Yuri loudly say “Thanks.”

I looked towards Yuri’s direction to see her giving Tiffany a big grin.

“Here, you should try this, it’s really good. I haven’t seen you eating anything yet.” Yuri said reaching for a dish in front of her and placing the food onto Tiffany’s plate.

“Thank you.” Tiffany said.

“No problem.” Yuri said before rubbing her chin. “Hmm…oh! Try this to. It’s really good as well.”

Yuri then reached towards the middle of the table before placing more food onto Tiffany’s plate.

Okay….

“Thank you. Umm…do you need me to get you anything from over there?” Tiffany said pointing across the table at the food that’s out of Yuri’s reach.

“Hmm…” Yuri said tapping her chin while looking at the food across the table. “I—”

“Oi. Are you two just going to keep piling food onto each other’s plates or are you planning on actually eating it?” Sooyoung said.

Tiffany looked over at Sooyoung then at the rest of us, who by now were all looking at her and Yuri. Tiffany lowered her head in embarrassment. I chuckled to myself.

“Yah, leave those two alone.” Sunny said slapping Sooyoung on the arm.

“Ow! What was that for? I was just saying. I mean, look—”

“Here Hyunnie, have some of this!” Yoona happily said out loud cutting Sooyoung off.

I tore my gaze away from Tiffany and Yuri to look over at Yoona.

Eh? Did Yoona just call Seohyun Hyunnie?

“Oh! And this too! It’s really good! There’s not much left so here.” Yoona said giving everything left on that plate to Seohyun. “Eat it before Sooyoung unnie eats it.”

“Thank you Yoongie.” Seohyun said.

Yoongie? Did she just call Yoona Yoongie? What the heck is going on here?

Am I missing something?

“Umm…here, you should try this.” Seohyun said giving Yoona the bun on her plate. “I took the last one but you can have it.”

“Really?” Yoona said excitedly. “You’re giving this to me? You are the best Hyunnie!”


I am so confused right now…

I looked away to keep my mind sane and happen to see Victoria putting some food onto Sulli’s plate.

“Here, eat up Sulli. You are still young and growing so eat a lot.”

“Thank you umma!” Sulli replied happily before eating what Victoria placed on her plate.


……people seem to be happy when other’s put food on their plates……


Maybe I should get some food for Krystal? Then she’ll talk to me?


….worth a try I guess…



“Hmm…here, try this Krystal.” I said getting some food and placing it on Krystal’s plate.

I think I might’ve surprised Krystal by doing that all of a sudden because I swear I saw her flinch when I placed the food on her plate.

I watched as Krystal looked down at her plate where I placed the food, but she didn’t say anything.

Hmm…does she not like what I gave her?

I looked at the table, searching for something Krystal ate a lot of earlier.

Ah! Oysters! I bet she’ll like those!

“Oh, and have some of these oysters, they’re really good.” I said reaching towards the middle of the table to get some oysters for Krystal.

After placing the oysters on Krystal’s plate, I went back to eating my food. I figured I shouldn’t stare at her and wait for a response. She might not like that.

While I was chewing on my food, I heard Krystal mumbling something next to me.

I looked over at her. “Hmm? Did you say something?”

Krystal lowered her head so that her hair was partially blocking her face from my view and then softly repeated. “I said…thanks, I like oysters.”

Oh? It worked?


Score!


“Oh, no problem! I—”

“OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?! JUST EAT THE FOOD ALREADY! STOP PILING IT ON EACH OTHER’S PLATES AND EXCHANGING THANKS BACK AND FORTH!!!!” Sooyoung loudly said raising her hands in the air. “SERIOUSLY!”

Everyone looked at Sooyoung.

“Yeah guys, let’s just eat up, it’s getting pretty late. We still have classes tomorrow.” Taeyeon spoke up.

“Finally the midget says something right!” Sooyoung said giving Taeyeon a pat on the back.

I was expecting Taeyeon to retort to Sooyoung’s comment but she didn’t. Instead, her head was lowered and she was poking the food on her plate.

Hmm…Taeyeon….what’s wrong?

For the rest of dinner, everyone ate their food quietly.








-----
End of Chapter 14.1...
hiya guys....yeah....so I don't really know how this chap turned out...i'm really sick and my head is fuzzy and a giant storage of fog right now so uh...hope...i dunno what I hope lol anyways, please comment. i appreciate everyone who has been reading and commenting on this fic :) also, the continuation of chap 14.2, 14.3 etc. will not be of the same scene as above in other's pov, just clarifying. the story will actually progress on. the next update will most likely be kryber centered. umm...also, i didn't do personal replies this time, but I will next time when I feel better, just felt like updating since I don't feel up to doing work and studying lol.
bye,