EP Chapter 10

Elite Protections

 

Chapter 10


Krystal’s POV

The next day, I woke up early to get ready. Normally, I would never be up this early, but I just couldn’t really sleep last night. After Amber went to take a shower, I had some alone time to think about some things. I don’t know when life became so complex all of a sudden, but it did and I’m definitely having mix feelings towards these new tenants.


Amber’s POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes groggily. I looked over at Krystal’s bed to find her not there.


That’s weird, I made sure I set my alarm before hers so I would wake up first.


I looked around the room and got out of bed. I walked to the door and peeked out.

“Krystal?” I called out into the empty hallway.


I hope she didn’t go out by herself yet.


Aish, I was too tired last night to stay alert.


I fell instantly asleep once my head landed on the pillow.


Stupid comfy bed…and pillow…


Maybe I can call her and—



“Ahahahahahaha, you’re so funny.”

“Why thank you, I try.”


Wait, that first voice sounded like Krystal’s……..she’s in the dorm?


Who was that other person she was talking to?



I leaned further out the door and listened.

“I don’t think you have to try unnie, you’re naturally talented.”

“Really? Finally, someone who sees me for who I truly am.”

I listened and it almost sounded like the person Krystal’s talking to is Yuri, but why would Yuri be over at our dorm so early in the morning? She’s suppose to be with Jessica.

I slowly crept out from behind the door and made my way down the hallway quietly leaning against the wall. When I got to the corner where the hallway ends, I poked my head out a little to try to see what was going on. All I saw was an empty living room.


That’s weird, there’s nobody here.


“Yah, you idiot, we’re in the kitchen.”

I swung my head the other way and straightened myself up quickly.

“Ah, yes, I knew you guys were in the kitchen.” I replied while walking over to take a seat beside Yuri on the counter.

“Sure you did.” Yuri answered rolling her eyes at me.

“What were you doing?” Krystal questioned.

“Huh?”

“What were you doing crouching near the wall and quietly sneaking around?”

“…uh, no I wasn’t.”

“Yeah, you were.”

“Nope, don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“What? What do you mean you don’t know what I’m talking about? You were clearly acting like some kind of burglar sneaking around.”

“Why would I act like a burglar and sneak around in my own dorm? That doesn’t make sense. I think you need to get your head checked out.”

“Yah!—”

“Alright guys, let’s keep our voices down please. Don’t forget, there’s still someone sleeping next door.” Yuri cut in.

“It’s not like she can hear us.” I responded.

“Don’t care. Just keep your voice down Amber. Let’s restrain ourselves from bickering so early in the morning, okay?”

“Of course unnie, it won’t happen again.” Krystal replied sweetly.


…uh, what the heck was that?


“That’s a good dongsaeng.”


Huh……


When did these two become so close to one another?


I only slept a few hours and I wake up to this?


I must still be sleeping…..this must be some sort of nightmare or something.



“See Amber, why can’t you be more like Krystal?” Yuri asked me jokingly.

“That’s not even funny.” I replied, briefly looking over at Krystal giggling, then turning my attention back to Yuri. “Why are you even here? In case you forgot, your dorm is the one next door. Your roommate is also the one that lives next door. Shouldn’t you be over there keeping her company? Or did you forget.”

Yuri looked at me then smiled.


Okay, seriously, I think I woke up in an alternate universe or something…


This is so messed up man.



“Don’t worry, Sica is just fine. She’s still sleeping soundly in the bedroom.”

“And how would you know that when you’re sitting on our kitchen counter.”

“I have my ways. I promise you she is fine. If she’s not, I would be the first one to know.”

“Sure you would.” I mumbled quietly while hopping off the counter.


I can’t deal with this weirdness so early in the morning.


I’m here for an assignment, only an assignment.


I could care less what else goes on as long as I carry out my own duty correctly.



“Where are you going? Don’t you want anything to eat?” Krystal suddenly asked me.

Feeling annoyed I ignored her and continued walking down the hallway towards the bedroom. While I was rummaging through the drawers for some clothes, Krystal came in to the room and glared at me angrily.

“I was talking to you earlier, why did you ignore me?!”

“Hello?! Earth to Amber!”

I continued looking through my pile of clothes until I found the shirt I wanted. I then proceeded to look for a pair of pants.

“YAH! What is wrong with you?!” Krystal yelled as she stormed over to where I was.

“Nothing.” I said as I found a pair of pants that went with the shirt.

“Nothing? Then why are you ignoring me when I’m talking to you!?”

“I’m not.” I answered as I closed my drawer and headed for the door.

“Yes you are!”

“No, if I was, then I wouldn’t be talking to you right now.” I responded heading out the door and going into the bathroom.

Before I had a chance to close the bathroom door, Krystal pushed her way in. She stood there and looked at me angrily.

“Can you please go outside? You can use it once I come out, I’ll only be a few minutes.” I asked while looking blankly back at her.

To be honest, I don’t know why I’m acting like this. I just didn’t feel like talking to her right now or dealing with her attitude either. I want today to go by as quickly as possible without any problems.

“No I will not go outside! What is wrong with you?”

“Nothing is wrong with me and I need to change so if you don’t mind…”

“I do mind. I want to know why you are acting like this.”

“Why? We aren’t even that close. We’ve only just met yesterday and now you want to be all nice to me? If you really want to talk to someone, why don’t you just go hang out with Yuri, I’m sure she’ll talk to you.”

“What is that suppose to mean?”

“It doesn’t mean anything. Look, its early and I’m not in a good mood right now so can you please just leave me alone?”

“Fine. Sorry I cared.” Krystal said as she walked out of the bathroom closing it with a slam.


Sigh.


What am I doing?



After I finished changing and freshening up, I came out of the bathroom and went back into the bedroom to grab some stuff I might need later for precaution. Krystal wasn’t in the bedroom, so I didn’t have to worry about her seeing some of the stuff. Then I grabbed my books lying on the table and headed out the bedroom.

When I got to the living room, no one was there. Thinking that Krystal was probably over at Yuri and Jessica’s dorm, I walked to the door to grab my shoes.

As I was about to head towards the connecting door in the living room, I noticed a plate of eggs and bacon on the kitchen counter. There was also a piece of cookie beside it on a napkin. Curious, I walked over and looked at the plate of food.


Did Krystal make this for me?


There was no note lying around anywhere.


Should I eat this?


I am kind of hungry.



After a few seconds of debating inside my mind, I grabbed a fork from the drawer and gobbled down the food. I took the piece of cooking and carefully wrapped it up with the napkin it was on. Then I placed it gently in the front pocket of my book bag.


I’ll save the cookie for later.


I washed the plate and the fork, placing it on the drying rack. After drying my hands, I bent down to grab my shoes and walked over to the connecting doors to go over to Yuri’s dorm.

When I walked into their dorm, closing the door behind me, the first thing I saw surprised me.

“Uh…..Yuri…..?” I asked walking closer towards her.

“..*huff*….*huff*….oh hey Amber, *huff* what are you doing over here?”

“Uh…I was just looking for….umm….what are you doing?”

“What *huff* does it look *huff* like I’m *huff* doing? I’m *huff* trying to *huff* drag Sica into *huff* the bathroom.”

“……oh……….why?”

“Because *huff* she *huff* won’t *huff* get up *huff*……..hey, do you *huff* mind *huff* helping me *huff*?” Yuri said in between breaths as she tried lifting Jessica up a little more.

I walked over next to Yuri and grabbed Jessica’s right arm while Yuri grabbed her left arm.

“Whew, thanks Amber. She’s actually quite heavier than she looks.” Yuri stated as she used the back of her hand to wipe away the sweat that formed on her forehead.

“That or you’re losing your touch. You might need to go back to the gym. I think it was a bad idea to stop going a month ago. We need a lot of stamina and energy, you know that. If you want, I can go with you and keep you company. I hear the school also has a boxing area.”

“Yeah, you’re right. It was a bad idea. Alright, let’s go together after we get the arrangements worked out.”

“What arrangements?”

“Are you really that slow? We need to make sure someone else looks after Krystal and Jessica when we’re not there.”

“Oh, yeah, sorry about that. It’s been an off morning for me for some reason. I don’t know why.”

“Well, just get back on track soon. We can’t afford slipping up anywhere.”

“Yeah, I know. Maybe I’ll feel better later.”

“You better. Anyways, did you eat the breakfast on the counter?”

“Breakfast? You mean you made it?”

“Uh, yeah. Who else would’ve been nice enough to make you breakfast so early in the morning.”

“Oh…..yeah, I guess you have a point there.”


I guess it wasn’t Krystal who made it for me after all.


Was I hoping she did?



“Alright, come on. Help me drag Jessica into the bathroom….By the way, where’s Krystal? Is she still getting ready?”

“Wait, Krystal’s not here!?”

“Uh…no. Why would she be over here?”

“Shoot!” I shouted letting go of Jessica’s arm and dashing for their front door.

“Hey! Where are you going!? I still need help here!” Yuri yelled after me as she struggled to keep Jessica up.

I took out my cell phone, scrolling down looking for Krystal’s name while hopping down the flight of stairs. I pressed the call button and put the phone to my ear as I bolted through the front doors of our building after arriving on the first floor.

I ran outside and stood in front of the building, looking around frantically, trying to think where Krystal would go. She couldn’t possibly have gone far yet and classes don’t start for another 40 minutes.

I mentally blamed myself for being like that to her earlier.


What is wrong with me today?


Aish.



While racking my brain for places Krystal might go so early in the morning, I remembered from our scouting two days ago that there was a nice quiet park not far from here.

“It’s worth a try.” I mumbled as I ran towards the direction of the park while still trying to call Krystal’s cell phone.

When I got to the park, I looked around for any sign of Krystal. I was walking around when someone tapped me on the back. I turned around.

“Hi.” The girl behind me said.

“Uh, hi? Who are you?” I asked while still looking around.

“My name is Hyuna. I’m a new student here and I’m kind of lost, could you help me?” The girl named Hyuna asked sweetly.


New student?


That’s weird…there shouldn’t be any new students enrolling around this time with the 7 of us being the exception.



“Hyuna you said?” I asked while mentally noting down her looks and features.

“Yes, and you are?”


I’m gonna have Sooyoung and Victoria check out this girl’s profile later.


“So you said you were lost?” I asked, deliberately avoiding giving her my name.

“Yes, that’s right. I was walking around trying to find the main campus, but I ended up here. Do you think you can help tell me how to get to the main campus?”

“Yeah, so you want to get to the main campus right? Okay, just walk along this sidewalk here until it ends. There should be a stop sign near it. Turn right and follow the road until you get to another stop sign. Turn left and again, walk on the sidewalk until you reach an intersection. You should be able to see the campus on the other side. Got it?”

“Umm…not really. I’m not really good with memorization so would you mind taking me there yourself?”


Something’s not right with this girl…


“I’m kind of busy. Look, it shouldn’t be that hard. Just follow the sidewalk until you see a stop sign, turn right and walk until you see another stop sign, and then turn left. From there, all you have to do is walk on the sidewalk until you see the campus. It should be right in front of you.”

“But I’m already late for class. I don’t want to miss anymore of it if I don’t find the campus.”


Late for class?


That’s strange…the last time I checked, the earliest class the university offers starts at 9:30am. It’s only 8:50am right now.



“Look, I already gave you the simplest way to get to campus. I promise you won’t miss it. The main campus is huge, you’ll see it. I have some things to do right now, so if you’ll excuse me…” I said turning back around to leave.

“Wait…” Hyuna called out.

“What?” I turned back to look at her.

“Thanks…and I didn’t catch your name.”

“No problem…hope you find your way there safely.” I said and left, not waiting for her response.

I walked along the grass looking around for Krystal, until my phone suddenly beeped. Thinking that Krystal sent me a text, I immediately opened the message.

The message read: You won’t win. I’ll make sure of it.

“What the heck is this?” I muttered to myself.

I checked the caller id for a name or number but there was none. Who is this person and how did he/she get my number? I hope it wasn’t from who I think it’s from.

While I was still trying to figure out who the heck sent me this message, I saw Krystal not far up ahead by a bench. She was talking to someone. I couldn’t exactly make out who it is, but it seems like a guy.

I shoved my phone into my pocket and jogged towards Krystal. Her back was facing me so she didn’t know I was approaching her, but the guy on the other hand did. He looked over at me and I swear I saw him smirk.

“Krystal!” I called out when I got near her.

“Jeez, don’t scare me like that Amber.” Krystal replied turning to look at me. “What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that. Why did you leave on your own? You should’ve waited for me.”

“Why should I?”

“Who is this?” I asked changing the subject and looking over at the guy.

“None of your business.” Krystal answered. “It’s not like you would care anyways.”

Surprised by her comment at the end, I didn’t know how to reply.

“See?” Krystal stated a few moments later.

“See what?” I asked.

“Nevermind.”

“No, what were you going to say?”

“Nothing.”

“….oh, okay….so uh, do you two know each other?” I asked again trying to find out who this guy is.

“Again, it’s none of your business.” Krystal replied.


Sigh.


Before I could reply, the guy suddenly spoke up.

“Uh, sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I need to get going…so I’ll see you later, okay Krystal?”

“Yeah, sure! Sorry about that. I’ll see you in class.”


Class?


He’s in our class?



“You bet. Alright, bye Krystal.” The guy said as he walked away.

I noticed he was holding onto his phone this whole time.

When he was gone from view, Krystal walked over to the bench and sat down. I took a seat beside her.

“So…uh, who was that?” I asked trying to start a conversation with her.

“Why are you so interested?”

“Huh? I’m not, I was just wondering.”

“Why should I tell you? We’re not that close right…isn’t that what you said earlier?”


Aish, stupid!


“Look Krystal, I’m sorry about earlier, I was just really in a bad mood. I apologize for acting and speaking like that to you. Please forgive me.” I pleaded getting up and kneeling down in front of her while showing her my sad puppy eyes.

This is what I always do to get Sulli to forgive me whenever she gets mad at me.

“What are you doing? Get up silly.” Krystal said as she chuckled at me.

“Not until you forgive me.” I said still showing her my puppy eyes.

“…hmm…fine, I forgive you.”

“Yay!” I yelled out happily.

I got up from the ground and pulled Krystal along to jump around with me in front of the bench. I don’t know why I did that, but I did. I don’t even know why I’m acting like this towards her, but for some reason I feel comfortable around her.

“Yah~ stop it.” Krystal laughed as she tried to pull her hands away from mine.

“Aww…okay.” I said as I led her back to the bench and we both sat down.

We sat there looking out at the scenery in front of us. No one spoke, but it felt nice just sitting here with her.

As I was enjoying the nice breeze and the quiet atmosphere, my phone beeped again. I took it out and opened up the text message.

It read: Enjoy it while you can, the game has only just begun.

I stared at my phone and reread the message again. I checked the caller id and number, but like last time, there was none. How the heck did this person even get a hold of my number? No one should’ve been able to access my number except for the other 6, the president, and our new roommates. This isn’t good.

“What is it?” Krystal asked as she looked over at me.

“Huh? Oh uh..nothing.”

“Are you sure? You seem to be in deep thought. Is something bothering you?”

“…no, I’m fine. Thanks for asking though.” I answered while putting away my phone.

I scanned our surroundings and after not seeing anyone, I turned my attention back to Krystal.


It doesn’t matter if they’re watching us. I excel in hand-in-hand combat.


They're going to have to kill me first before they can get to her.


As long as I can protect her…everything should be fine...



“Are you sure you’re okay? You look something might be troubling you.” Krystal asked again.

“Nah, nothing is troubling me, don’t worry. You’ll be the first to know if I ever have troubles.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, why not? We are going to be roommates from now on so we might as well become best of friends while we’re at it, don’t you think?” I said as I placed my arm on the bench behind Krystal. I didn’t put my arms around her because I didn’t think I should do that, so instead, I placed it on the bench.

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea.” Krystal shyly answered as she noticed my arm was now resting on the bench behind her.

“Of course it’s a good idea. My ideas are all good.” I laughed.

“I’m sure they are.” Krystal laughed along with me.

This was a nice feeling, laughing together with her.  

“So…now that we’re friends, I should get to know you better.” I said while turning my head to look at her.

“..hmm…what do you suggest?” Krystal asked also turning to look at me.

“Well, let’s see…I’m still curious as to who that guy you were talking to earlier was.” I stated.

“Oh? Why are you so interested in him?”

“…no reason, just wondering, that’s all.”

“Really? You aren’t perhaps jealous of him are you?” Krystal joked.

“What? No way! Why would I be jealous of him?”

“Then why do you want to know who he is?”

“I’m just curious that’s all. Really, it’s just because I’m curious, nothing else.”

“Alright alright, I’m just teasing you….okay, so let’s do a trade.”

“Trade? What kind of trade.”

“For every question you ask, I’ll answer it.”

“Okay…”

“And in return, you have to answer my questions as well.”

“…….uh, I guess. I didn’t plan on not answering your questions in the first place.”

“Well, fine, then I’ll ask a question first.”

“..sure, go ahead.”

“Does Yuri-unnie have a girlfriend?”

“Huh?”

“Is Yuri-unnie dating anyone right now?” Krystal asked again.


Aish…asking about Yuri again?


“I thought you were going to ask questions related to me?”

“I am.”

“How does Yuri relate to me?”

“Well, didn’t you say you guys were best friends and you practically grew up with her?”

“Yeah.”

“So the question is related to you.”

“It is?”

“Yep, so does she?”

“Umm………..*sigh* not that I know of. Why? Are you interested in her or something?”

“Is that the question you want to ask me first?”

“Huh?”

“Well, earlier, you seemed like you really wanted to know who that guy was.”


That’s right, I did.


Sigh.


I guess that's more important than my personal curiosity right now.


Sigh.



“Yeah, you’re right. So who is he?”

“He’s a new student here. He was asking for directions and we ended up chatting for a while, which is how we found out we have the same classes together. He seems really nice. His name is Choi Minho.”







- far off in the distance stood two guys and a girl –















“How many do you think there are? Do you think they sent one for each person?”





















“Perhaps. Well have to wait and see.”






















“This’ll be interesting. Games are my specialty. May the best man win.”








-----
End of Chapter 10.
Yep, 2 new characters are officially introduced...are they good, or are they bad?
And I added Kryber moments in here since everyone has been wanting some kryber action ;)
The others are appearing again in the next chap., they've been missing for too long lol
anyways,
I ♥ Comments!
Bye