Chapter Four

Got Hooked

January 02, 2012

 

We were taking episode two longer than usual because of the kpop parodies included in the drama. The parodies are what we’ve done for this whole day and yet we haven’t even polished everything.

 

January 03, 2012

 

We tried hard to be as funny as possible and yet still hold to the integrity of our characters. That’s how we filmed the parodies. Kinda difficult,huh? Yeah, more than you could ever imagine. So, we were stuck in filming these parodies until our director got the right feeling from the parodies we have had shooted. It took us three days to actually nail the right atmosphere for the parodies.

 

January 05, 2012

 

Finally, we have moved on from the parodies, we finished filming the first half of episode two. Fortunately, we haven’t had any problem.

 

January 06, 2012

 

We’d be filming the second half of episode two today. Well, the most challenging part for me to take now is the last part of episode two. JR and I would have an intense dance battle on the practice room of Kirin. We were both told to showcase some of our cramping skills and let the audience feel some raw cut-throat competition going on between us. Our dance instructor fed us on the right facial expression, right camera angles to look at and the dance moves to throw at each other. I really felt like this showdown would determine our chemistry as a duo in the future. And so, I tried my best to have my moves be harmonious with my band mate’s.

 

“All right. JB, Uibong, just follow the beat of the dance and obey your D.I.’s instructions and pull-off your most-fierce expression.” Our director told us before leading on to the filming of our dance battle.

 

 

JR managed to pull off his stance very well which hopefully I could match with mine. He then challenged me with a mocking expression written on his face and was a little too close to my personal space. I followed by pushing him as a showmanship of my overpowering ego as JB, and danced my way through him; added with my teasing physical attack. After that, he leveled up his dynamics and attacked me back with a more vigorous set of his cramping. At that moment, we eyed each other with so much aggression. I pushed him again this time to widen my playing field and have a precise or even accurate execution of what our director and dance instructor wanted me to do.

 

With that, we reached the peak of our dance momentum, we both jumped high up in the air and as we went down, JR, following the script accordingly, tripped and fell down. I continued to battle him even though he had already fallen on the ground. I really looked like an exploding brainless robot with what I’m doing.  =.= Too much cramping :/ Afterward, Jinwoon-hyung came up to us and grabbed my clothes, stopping me to further with my dance battle mode. He was about to punch me but JR stopped him accordingly. At that time, Jinwoon-hyung and I eyed each other resentfully , making the atmosphere full of tension.

 

“What an annoying fella,” Jinwoon hyung said through his greeted teeth.

 

“Don’t do it. That was just a dance.” JR retorted.

 

“What a brutal fella,” that’s me narrowing my eyes to Jinwoon-hyung before walking-out on him. But he didn’t let me go of course, he stopped me by the arm. And here we go again with our challenging and fierce stares towards each other.

 

“What did you just say? Stop trying to be bossy and just leave!”

 

“Don’t try to mess with me! Because of you I couldn’t concentrate on my practice. In my practice room.” Yeah. I know. My character’s a jerk. But do I have a choice? Don’t worry, I’ll get better next time.

 

“Your practice room?”

 

“Yes. My practice room.”

 

“CUT!”

 

And that officially ended our filming for episode two and that’s actually it for the day.

 

January 07, 2012

I have lost count of how many days we’ve had our filming, all I could remember is that we’re to film episode 3 today.

 

I actually started adapting to the dozens of cameras rolling around us while we’re shooting our scene and the constant retouching of our make-ups whenever we were to retake a scene.

And of course, the highlights of my tale today are my scenes with Jiyeon. :D You know, when I film with others, all I think is work, and you know the kind of thing about business is business, no strings attached? That’s how I started seeing these acting stuffs, and I’ve got that advice through the statements of the veteran actors/actresses who have been doing more challenging roles than me.  But with Jiyeon, it’s kind of the same but different in a way.

 

“For the monthly evaluation, the evaluation system will be based on showcase standard. So don’t be careless, practice properly…”

 

While Kahi noona was busy delivering her lines, I couldn’t really swallow what she was talking about, I was rather busy putting up my toughest act to appear that I’m just really cool with having Jiyeon so close to me when in fact it’s totally not. We were like sitting right next to each other, how old was that? I mean it’s not like this was the first time for me to be this close to her, I even kissed her already but ugh, it’s always like the first time,  I can’t get used to us being this close. Her effects on me felt like always the first time. I don’t even know if I was portraying the right emotion on this particular scene we were taking because I’m having this internal emotional battle right now.

 

And then all of a sudden, Kahi noona brought me back to earth, she was actually talking to me,  “You have to be with Siwoo?” It took me awhile before registering on my mind what to do next but then I’ve rehearsed too well that my mouth responded almost naturally,

 

“Neh,” I was trying to look stern but probably failing miserably. But I wasn’t hearing any from our director so maybe I acted just right. And Kahi noona then continued,

 

“ I am looking for him as well so try to find him too. Somehow I feel like he’s going to create trouble again. Got it?”

 

“Neh.” OHMYGAWD, I really have to thank the scriptwriters for giving me the shortest bunch of lines, especially on situations like this. Just simple sitting right next to her.. Oh no, I’m totally whipped but really, our proximity was making me delirious.

 

“I have to go for a drama audition.” Ahhh, the bells were ringing with her voice.. Can you hear it too? Or is just me? This girl was making me feel all sorts of things. I then looked at her, per script’s directions,

 

“All right then, go ahead,” Kahi noona gave her permission.

 

As she stood and went out, I looked at her longingly but I was fixed right to my place.

 

“CUT!”

 

We took a break while the others film their parts. I’ve looked for my copy of the script to run a little rehearsal on my next scenes but I couldn’t find it anywhere.  

 

Jiyeon and I were the only vacant actors at the moment, all of the others were busy- most were busy with filming while others with some other things.  It was kind of awkward because we were both at the corners of the room, not talking to each other, minding our own businesses separately. But I wanted to talk to her, it’s just that I don’t know how to sound not too eager and yet not so uninterested with her talking to me. So I ended up speaking not even a single word to her, unable to gauge how to properly talk to her! Goodness, I’m such a coward! Darn it.

 

And oh, I was in fact stealing glances at her from time to time. ‘Cause I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe, if ever she’d caught me looking at her again, it only means she’s stealing glances at me too. :D  Hoho. I’m not being thick-skinned here, I’m just being wishful you know. A man can dream, right?

 

Anyway, she was actually talking with someone over the phone. After finishing her call, she started browsing the script. She can be really passionate with her work, you know.  I salute her. If only I could approach her right now, but I just don’t know how. Plus, she’s always so appealing with whatever she’s doing and HOLY COW, the script she was holding was mine! I’m so sure that that’s my copy of the script; I have my name clearly inscribed on its front page! OMG! How am I supposed to rehearse now? Damn Jaebum, do something!

 

In that case, she unexpectedly was approaching me, like right now! Quite a shock, right? And.. and.. S-she’s nearing! , I was hyperventilating on my insides. She grinned at me, her smile made her seem more impossibly beautiful. I’m having this internal panicking, not so sure if it was obvious on my expression,

 

“JB!” she called for my character name, I don’t know how to feel about it though. But it’s not the time for me to be weighing what to feel ‘cause right now, she’s in front of me already!

 

“Yes?” my voice was croaky and barely even recognizable, how do I calm myself? Ugh.

 

“Is it okay if we rehearse together?” she looked down, her expression unreadable.

 

I put on my friendly, easy going self although deep inside I was freaking out, “Yeah, sure. No problem.” I have learned the trick to keeping my emotions to myself actually but it’s hard. Real hard.

 

And so, we run through the script together. We have had our laughs, and surprisingly, I’m starting to enjoy her company, she’s making time flew away fast and she’s making me forget my internal conflicts of freaking and panicking. She’s interesting, adorable, passionate and funny! She’s not that difficult to get along with actually. Also, I can feel that’s she’s starting to be really comfortable with me!

 

Few minutes later, we were both called to film our next scene together,

 

“Kaja!” she offered me her ever so radiant smile.. And so I excitedly followed her on our way to the next filming location.

 

She was asked to film first. I just watched her with a big smile written across my face. Just thinking about how comfy she was with me earlier, I could barely contain the relief and excitement rushing through me; a comical smile couldn’t help but crawl across my face. I maybe looking insane right now, foolishly smiling to myself, but hell, I couldn’t help it. If ever she did notice about my growing feelings for her, she wasn’t showing any sign of it. And I’m hoping that it’ll continue that way or else it’ll be difficult for me to pull off my character JB when we film our scenes together.

 

After awhile, I was then asked to join her on the scene. In the scene, I supposedly caught her getting all so frustrated watching her B-rated acting skills. So acting as JB, I joined her company and casually asked her,

 

“Are you checking your latest drama?”

 

“Ohh,” she shortly answered.

 

“You don’t look okay.” JB was clearly teasing Rian right now.

 

“It’s just because I’m touched,” she scoffed at me and walked out on me. I gave her an amused expression, well that’s natural of me though, I wasn’t acting at all. XD I was kind of amused on how she could pull off that kind of role flawlessly. Because in reality, when you get to talk to her, you’ll see a carefree and bubbly type of persona in her, so very unlike the Rian she was portraying.

 

I then followed her spin out over the stairs,

 

 “Aren’t you going to look at the notice board?”

 

 If you noticed, we weren’t having any NG right now because we rehearsed this part really well together earlier.

 

She smiled mockingly, “I want to see it too but we aren’t allowed to go online.”

 

And so, I more, OMFG, if only I really had the guts to like this, then maybe we were a little bit of closer by now,

 

“Since when are you such an obedient person?” I was asking her incredulously.

 

She then turned to me, her stares were piercing right through me, I’m melting >_<

 

“Do you still have feelings for me?” Yeah, we have that kind of love-hate relationship in the drama.

 

I flashed my shocked expression, “WHAT?”

 

She grudgingly added, “You are acting like everyone else, looking for trouble. Though I’m not obedient, you are a role model. Dating is extremely prohibited here,” she playfully smirked at me before she was gone. I smirked too but immediately replaced with my amused smile. Maybe you noticed how frequent we were smirking in the past few episodes and there’ll probably be more in the next episodes to come. It’s because we’re both the antagonists here, and to be more convincing on our roles, smirking is a habit. XD

 

Another scene's coming up for the two of us-that is after I was beaten up trying to save Siwoo from the paparazzi who cornered him at an alley, I called for Rian to open our dormitory’s door for me. And so the scene goes this way..

 

 We were walking our way through the hallway of our dorm casually and then she looked at me worriedly, “Gwaenchana?” dejavu!! I think I knew this already, oh right! My weird dream! She had the same worried-looking face as when I dreamt of her. I just nodded and looked away from her, fighting the urge to do what I did next on my dream-that is to caress the side of her cheek.

 

We then reached the part wherein both of us were confronted with the supposedly underdogs of Kirin, Yoojin (Jinwoon-hyung) and Haesung (Sora noona). We shared a little bit of hatred towards the two, my jaw suddenly taut, fist clenched, my expression disapproving. The four of us played just like that for the briefest of seconds and then Rian(Jiyeon) nudged JB(me) as I correspondingly looked at her.

Soon after, we just walked away comfortably together, without caring about the tension we just had with the underdogs and then,

 

“CUT!”

 

And with that, the filming ended for today.

 

Well, of course, as usual, Jiyeon hurriedly bid her goodbye because she had to attend to her appointment with T-ara. Unlike most of the actors, and that includes me, who stayed behind and have to catch some food together before finally going home.

 

I always wonder if, at least once, she ever had gotten some proper sleep. It’s always like she’s catching up so many schedules at the same time, always hurrying with all of her work piled up on her appointments. I wonder if I’ll be like that when I’d finally be able to debut as an idol. Are idols supposedly be overworked like that? It’s not like she’s the only idol here though, there’s also Jinwoon-hyung and Hyorin-noona but Jiyeon’s always the busiest, she always appear so hectic. I wonder if all CCM artists were like that? And when will there be a time where she could join us eat after filming without caring a thing on her thickly-packed arrangements?

 

----

Sorry for the late update. Don't worry, to cope with my late update,I'll be updating the next chapter in awhile. Just wait for it. Well, care to comment still?