CHAPTER 27

Got Hooked

 

 

Still in a hospital setting, we were filming our duet, “ Together”. Before starting, Jiyeon playfully gestured me a hand sign, “You die!”

 

Would you look at that? My adorable jiyeon is in action again. Haha. She’s just too random sometimes. But I like her that way, it’s making her more cute.^^

 

Nevertheless, her being random sometimes is also the cause of my jealousy. Just like before, when we were filming ep 9 wherein she was supposed to get hit by a soccer ball and Jinwoon hyung was to the rescue. While they were shooting that particular scene, she absentmindedly gets really close physically with Jinwoon hyung. Y’know, they’ve had too much skinship aside from the fact that Jinwoon hyung needed to carry her already as a part of the scene. She laughed too hard and punched him ever so lightly on his arms; even leaning unknowingly on his side. I know it was only her random actions and nothing meant from it but that doesn’t change the fact that Jinwoon hyung had interest on her.  If I know Jinwoon hyung would be celebrating because of that. The worst part is that I was situated in the onlookers’ part-the audience, opposite them filming on stage, that I even caught him giving some hot packs to her, only to her. See? Jinwoon hyung was really interested on her. And it irked me how I easily get jealous especially knowing that the guy might have some malicious motives towards her.

 

Guess how I survived that jealousy, even though nothing was particularly funny, I just laughed it out exaggeratedly. And it helped. A lot. I was too close to alienating Jinwoon hyung on stage except that I’ve gained control. And although I don’t find anything going on funny, maybe something must be really funny because Sora noona even went along with me laughing, so I guess my jealousy over them was concealed.

 

Moving on with our song, finally starting a full-blown duet on-screen, I started right with my lines fortunately. When it was my jiyeon’s turn to sing, while I couldn’t take my eyes off of her gorgeous being, something more entertaining caught my attention. I nudged her and motioned her about her hairpin! It wasn’t supposed to be there on her hair; she forgot to remove it; the hairpin was only for off-cam purposes like keeping the hair from being disheveled to have better hair presentation for filming but here she was totally unaware of it being still stuck in her hair, totally defeating the hairpin’s ultimate purpose! XD Everyone in the set was just as amused as I was with her clueless state. She’s always too loveable. It’s really not hard to fall in love with her but you see, no matter how any of you badly wanted to take her home, she’s My Jiyeon. Not even Jinwoon hyung’s but mine. Haha.

 

Anyway, we retook the scene without the hairpin this time, and thankfully, the flow of the song went well; incredibly well, if I may add. We’ve rehearsed this a dozen times already that’s why. And it’s really a miracle how our voices match so well every time. In fact, I felt like the song was really especially made only for the two of us. Y’know, that feeling where it’s just the two of us and nothing else matters. Haha. It may sound corny but it’s the truth.

 

However, towards the end of the song, we were supposed to exchange our final glances for each other but since the way she looked at me felt so especially different, I couldn’t take it, I glanced away but as a precautionary measure so we won’t be caught, I looked back almost immediately. But then again, we both couldn’t help our giddiness since we were exposed to too much staring already throughout the whole song and in public! That tingly feeling in my stomach kept bothering me and I think it had the same effect for her that’s why we ended up bursting out with embarrassing giggles. Despite all of that, we still hoped that no one suspected us.

 

But of course, that part, the last part only, needed reshooting and so we did. It took us several retakes before finally polishing everything about that scene. And with that, we finally took a break.

 

During the lunch break, I strolled around the hospital before meeting up with my Jiyeon. Y’know, no matter how much eager I am to see my Jiyeon, we both had to leave separately to not cause any sign of suspicions. It’s better to be extra careful now than to regret everything later on.

 

As I was looking about the area, something caught my eye. I nearly tripped off over someone when I couldn’t believe with my own eyes what I just saw.

 

JIHOO. MY BESTFRIEND. KIM JIHOO.

 

He lied to me.

 

I thought everything’s going to be all right, but guess what? There’s my BFF lying in a hospital bed with no one looking out for him. He was giving me the impression of being troubled even in his unconscious state. What’s happening here?

 

To quench my curiosity, without much contemplation, I came nearer to him. As if sensing my presence, his eyelids fluttered open and his body shifted uncomfortably towards my direction.  He looked at me as if he didn’t know me at all. I waited for him to explain; there must be something I’m missing here. Maybe I’m just paranoid or something.

 

But as he opened his mouth, I knew something wasn’t right, “Who are you?”

 

Bile caught up in my throat; it’s starting to suffocate me. He looked so helpless and in pain. Gone is the cheerful Jihoo.  My eyes started to sting. He looked so fragile and in agony. Gone is my naughty and playful bestfriend. I’m at a lost on what to say. How could this happen? How could I even let this kind of thing happen? How have I let myself be deceived with his lies? Army? Psssh. I knew it! That Army-thing was a load of crap. How have I not seen pass through his mask? Gawd. I was even too happy with my Jiyeon that I’ve almost forgot about him. And here he was suffering, carrying those burdens all by himself. I’m feeling so useless, right now.

 

A ring on my phone brought me back to my senses.

 

“Where are you? I’m already here at our meeting place,”

 

I couldn’t find my voice. Tears started to fall. There’s no way this is happening to my bestfriend.

 

“What do you need?” asked the oblivious Jihoo.

 

“Is that Jihoo in there?”

 

More tears continue to run down my cheeks; I couldn’t help it. He didn’t even know me anymore.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“I’ll call you back,” It’s all I could manage to utter. With that, I ended the call.

 

Now, Jihoo was giving me a confused and bewildered look. He was waiting for me to speak up.

 

“Sorry. I mistook you for someone,” I told Jihoo with tears streaming down my eyes.

 

I’ve had too many questions that needed his answers but I just can’t bear to prod more in his vulnerable state.

 

Being the coward that I was, I turned away from my bestfriend and left.

 

===

Please don’t forget to comment.subscribe and vote! Kamsamnida! <3