CHAPTER 34

Got Hooked

JB’s POV

 

Our misunderstanding dragged on for a week. We just speak to each other when JB and Rian have scenes together, but outside that, she completely ignored my existence. Tomorrow will be our last shooting day.

 

 But right now, in the middle of the night, I found myself at the hospital. I know visiting hours is over already but there ought to be someone by his side. He’s all by himself and I’m such a bad friend for not visiting him during all this time. It even took me this problem between Jiyeon and I so that I could be able to visit him. I guessed I missed my bff who could give all sorts of ridiculous ideas just to let my relationship with my namja chingu work.

 

As I reached his room at the hospital, I saw him sleeping soundly. Just like I said, no one was accompanying him. Poor Jihoo. I sat on his bedside.

 

I suddenly had the urge to tell him everything even though he won’t hear it,

 

“Jihoo.. I know you won’t hear this but I just want you to know that I’m sorry..

 

..I should’ve visited you even before.. must’ve even been sooner than today.. but I was afraid to face the truth.. the painful truth of you getting into the depths of sorrow.. the ugly truth that I couldn’t do anything for you..

 

.. but to tell you honestly, I wouldn’t have gone here if not for Jiyeon.. “ I tried to bit back tears I still have a whole lot to say..

 

“I’ve had sleepless nights not because of work but because I couldn’t make Jiyeon trust me again.. she just ignored me the whole week.. even if I tried talking to her to explain to her everything, she wasn’t giving me the chance.. and so as I bury into the deepest pit of agony, I remembered you.. You, who was always there to cheer me up.. You, who could make me forget all sorts of trouble.. You, who could be really idiot .. haha.. I missed those times Jihoo.. That’s why I even came here, hoping that somehow you could tell me a way out of my problem with Jiyeon..  I’m too desperate but you’re a love guru afterall, right? HAHA.

 

But then, I guess, I’m being too selfish.. As soon as I saw your state, I realized that my intention of coming here was too damn self-centered.  How painful it might have been for you to suffer this all alone.. and yet here I was selfishly visiting you so you could help me when you’re the one who needed my help in the first place..

 

 It must have been hard for you to not recognize anyone.. No one to tell you even a bit of who you are..  You might have felt like the world betrayed you.. left you..

 

But don’t worry my friend, I’ll not go away again.. I’ll be by your side from this day onwards.. not because I wanted you to advise me on what to do with my relationship problems but because I’m your best bud.  And I really miss  you.. “

 

Next day.. 7:00 am.

 

I was tasked by our producer to choreograph for the concluding dance of dream high 2 students for the final episode. To quote what he even added to what he asked, “Get Jr along with you, try to prove that you two are worthy of debuting as an idol group,”

 

I mean, seriously. Our producer is really something. I couldn’t even retort because yeah, I sort of had that ego in me to prove to him that I’m not the kind of guy he should be belittling. We had the right to debut.. after all those trainings we had..

 

Oh well, while others were filming, Jr and I tried to brainstorm what dance steps to incorporate with the song, “love high,”. While we were at it, JR asked,

 

“How’s it going?’

 

“Huh?”

 

“About you and Jiyeon noona..”

 

I looked down. “I think this step,” I showed him the footwork, “ is suitable for this verse, right?”

 

“Hyung.. “

 

“With matching this,” I swung my arms and matched with the footwork I showed him, “ This will do for this part, don’t you think so?”

 

“Uhh. Yeah.. Sure,”

 

I gulped but I’m glad he didn’t prod any more. I danced hard until I was out of breath. I was panting when the song ended.

 

“Hyung. You shouldn’t push yourself too much. Simple steps will do. How about our co-actors who are non-idols? How will they follow? And besides your character had just recovered from a leg injury.. ”

 

“I know. I just had to warm myself up,”

 

“Did we just have a warm-up earlier?”

 

“Stop being so noisy JR.”

 

“If you’ll let your problem with Jiyeon noona drag on for long, it’ll just inflict a deeper wound on your relationship that I’m afraid that is tougher to mend.”

 

I sighed, “What do you expect me to do? I tried to talk to her in all sorts of way but she refused to listen..”

 

“Hyung..”

 

“It’s not like she’s Ailee who even approached you initially without even explaining a thing..”

 

“Today’s your last chance..”

 

“Let’s just have a wrap-up with the choreography first, okay? And rub it in front of that producer’s face who in the first place is the reason why our conflict even occurred,”

 

9:00 am.

 

“This and that. Yeah. You got it,” both JR and I were teaching our co-actors the dance we choreographed. But we were doing it per group. The others are busy filming their farewell messages for the viewers of Dream High 2. Right now, we’re teaching Jinwoon hyung, Hyorin noona, and Hyeonjoo.  Next up was Eye-glasses-hyung, Ex afterschool member-noona, Sora noona and Seojoon .

 

While  the only ones left to be taught were Ailee and Jiyeon…

 

We approached the two as we finished teaching the two groups..

 

JR whispered something to Ailee then grabbed her hand and strode away all too suddenly that both Jiyeon and I were left, standing face to face, awkwardly.

 

“Let’s get this over and done with,” Jiyeon coldly told me.

 

“But Jiyeonaah,”

 

“If you’re not here to teach me then I’ll ask JR to do it,” she glared at me.

 

“NO!” I yelled which surprised everyone in the set and so, “Oh sorry everyone,” I bowed profoundly, “I was just too agitated and caught up with teaching her,”

 

Then everyone just shrugged it out and continued with being busy. While Jiyeon was still expressionless just like the first time we met.

 

“Sorry about that,” I told her.

 

“No worries… “

 

“You mean you forgive me?” it was as if she was implying about the..

 

“ Like I care if you’re sorry.”

 

“Jiyeonahhh…”

 

“How do I go about the first step?”

 

“Try listening to me..”

 

“Like seriously? What the hell am I here for if I’m not going to listen to your dance instruction?” she said in irritation.

 

“But you’re missing the point.. You were just listening with your ears not with your heart..”  

 

“Excuse me? “

 

“Jiyeonah, I was wrong for not being honest with you but believe me it was all a misunderstanding. It was the scheme of our prod-”

 

“Teach me the First step, like right now or I’ll leave you here.”

 

“But promise me one thing first. Just talk to me at least one last time after I teach you everything…”

 

“I hate promises but ugh. When will you start teaching properly?”

 

She started to walk away when I grabbed her hand,  “JR won’t teach you anything. He’s with Ailee now.”

 

“You planned this, didn’t you?”

 

“I didn’t, you were the one who was reluctant to join the group earlier,”

 

“Whatever. Now. Let’s get on with the choreography and I’ll give you 5 minutes to talk later.”

 

“Really?”

 

“If you still don’t start with your choreography, I could force JR to teach me , y’know.”

 

“ I told you JR and Ailee are together, they even cleared their misunderstanding about the selca, unlike us…”

 

“What are you trying to imply, huh? You’re the one at fault and yet you’re – YAH!!!“

 

I grabbed her and dragged her back to the practice area. We faced the mirrors, and I started showing her the dance steps.

 

She was still in a state of shock when we were in front of the mirrors but she recovered easily and followed my lead.

 

“And then, like this.. Yeah that’s right..”

 

Soon enough, as we replayed the music, we were both synchronized in dancing. I don’t know why I was feeling this way but it was as if our hearts were in harmony too.. I hope I’m not wrong..

 

While we’re taking a break, I took the opportunity to talk to her..

 

“By the way Jiyeon.. I visited Jihoo last night…”

 

That gained her attention and also softened her expression, “Did he recover already?”

 

“I think so..”

 

“You think so? You’re not sure?”

 

“Yeah.. Because this morning, before I left him, he said - I’m glad you still haven’t given up on me..”

 

“Really? Like the same old Jihoo?” her eyes sparkled with hope, like the same old Jiyeon.

 

“I guess nothing will be the same anymore,” yeah. Nothing’s ever gonna be the same whether with Jihoo or Jiyeon.. I looked down.

 

“Why?”

 

“I looked back at him after he said those words but guess what he said ,” I laughed bitterly. 

 

“What?”