Chapter Sixteen

Got Hooked

 “Where are we?” she drowsily asked.

 

“Huh? We’re..” I should stay calm, “We’re almost there,” I lied.

 

“How many more minutes?” she then asked. I think I needed to stop lying here, sooner or later she would still find out.

 

“Jiyeon  ssi. I have a confession to make.”

 

“What?”

 

“Actually, we ran just out of gas.”

 

“Is that so?” Unexpectedly, she just remained calm.

 

“Ohh. And we’re not anywhere near. In fact, we’re lost.”

 

Any second now, she’ll get angry with me and regret she ever trusted me,

 

One.

 

Two?

 

*drumrolls*

 

Three!

 

Nothing.

 

 Silence surrounded us.

 

“Aren’t you angry?” I couldn’t help but ask her.

 

“No. “

 

“ But we’re lost and we’re stuck in the middle of nowhere.”

 

“You just told me, I know.”

 

“But..”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll just call my unnies,” she just coolly told me. But,

 

“NO!”

 

She was taken aback by how I suddenly became agitated,

 

“Wae?”

 

“You don’t want them worrying about you, do you? “ I lied again for the time of my life! In reality, I just don’t want T-ara to think that I wasn’t that reliable at all.. “And besides, I already called the director and the staffs notifying them of what happened to us. “

 

“Did you ask for help?”

 

“Well. Not really.”

 

“Then, what?”

 

“We wait for some Good Samaritan to pass by and help us with some gas.”

 

“But, there aren’t any cars around.. It wouldn’t be of a good idea to just sit here and wait. Let’s ask for their help in the set.”

 

“How? I don’t even know where we are, so what are we telling them of our location? How will they send help if they don’t know where to send help?” I kinda sound frantic.

 

“Well..” she tries to contemplate what I said.

 

“By any chance, do you know here?” I sounded hopeful.

 

She looked around checking the area and sighed, “No.”

 

“Anyway, you could still sleep while I wait.”

 

“I couldn’t sleep anymore.”

 

“Is that so? I really am sorry Jiyeon ssi.”

 

“Don’t be. It’s not like you wanted this to happen too.” 

 

She’s being really nice. How can I not like her?

 

Ooops. What did I just say?

 

I.LIKE.HER.

 

Ugh. Do I have to feel it at this time? Never mind. I don't have the luxury to be weighing my feelings right now.

 

 Now, what do I have in my compartment? Oh yeah, I brought some chips.

 

“Do you want to eat? I have some chips with me.”

 

Her eyes watered and gave me her toothy smile while nodding excitedly. Aigoo, she’s just so adorable when she’s this excited about food.

 

I took out the chips I brought from the car’s compartment. I gave one to her and have one for myself. She happily accepted and started munching off the chips eagerly, not caring if we’re stuck here or what.

 

“Kumowa, JB ssi. I love chips!”

 

She’s even thanking me now when she should be cursing me by now. This girl sure is amusing me again.

 

Oh well, I couldn’t take my eyes off of her beautiful face, she’s even more attractive eating like that.

 

“What?” she asked out of nowhere.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Okay.” Then she continued ravishing the chips like any minute anyone would grab them from her.

 

I secretly texted Jihoo.

 

Jihoo! I need help!

 

He wasn’t replying. I waited.

 

I finished my chips already. And hers too.

 

“Want some drinks too? Here.”

 

I gave her the soda I brought with me. She took it gratefully.

 

AWKWARD SILENCE. NO. THIS CAN’T BE.

 

Jihoooooooooooo!!!

 

Beep.

 

What do you need this time?

 

Oh yeah! He finally responded. I immediately texted him back.

 

We’re lost.What do I do?

 

Normally, I wouldn’t have divulge such embarrassing information to Jihoo but I have no other choice, I need his wise mind.

 

Find yourselves! XD

 

Like seriously, this guy? I silently cursed him!

 

This isn’t the time to be playing around my dear friend.

 

Jiyeon then noticed my change of mood.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“Huh? Nothing.”

 

Beep.

 

Get yourselves a chance to know each other really well now that you have some time alone.

 

No way.  He sure still had the nerve to tease me!
 

I’m serious.

 

“You can tell me,” Jiyeon seemed so persistent about it. But how can I tell her that I was pissed off with my friend whom I asked for help since I don’t know what to do with my current situation with her? That I’m not wise enough to know how to handle this situation!

 

“No, really. It’s nothing important.”

 

“Let’s go then outside and find some place to stay.” My heart started beating wildly! What did she just say?

 

“What?”

 

“It looks like there won’t be any car passing this area. I already told the director that we won’t make it.”

 

“When did you tell our director?” I haven’t noticed her calling the director or anything. I didn’t even notice that she held her phone.

 

“Just now.”

 

“ Did you tell your unnies?” Uh-oh. She shouldn’t. I don’t have any face to show them anymore.

 

“Do you want me to tell them?”

 

“No.”

 

“But I already told them.” OHMYFREAKINGGAWD. DID SHE JUST,..  NO WAY!

 

“WHAT?!” I asked panicky.

 

“Merong. I was just kidding.”

 

That was a prank?

 

I’m going crazy!

 

Then she went out of the car. I did the same after recovering from her prank.

 

Beep.

Ask some people there for directions.

 

Oh yeah. Jihoo.

 

I already did. We ran out of gas actually. We’re currently looking for a place to stay.

 

“Are you always this stiff JB ssi?” she asked me out of the blue while we’re walking ourselves on the side of the road.

 

“What do you mean?” It’s getting really awkward here.

 

“Well, I noticed that it always felt like you’re so awkward when you’re around me.”

 

I’m caught. What do I tell her?

 

Beep.

 

That’s great. Best wishes my dear friend. :D

 

Oh yeah, just the help that I need! Jihoo seemed to enjoy my agony. He isn’t helping at all! I shoved my phone on my pocket and never replied Jihoo. Jiyeon and I will figure this on our own without needing his help!

 

“Well, I’m just reserved.” Bleh. Reseved my ! But, how am I supposed to tell her that I don’t understand myself too when I’m around her? That’s probably be the best excuse I ever made!

 

“It doesn’t seem like that when you’re with others.” I’m seriously in trouble. But if I’m not mistaken, there was a hint of pain in her voice.

 

“How am I with others anyway?” I pretended that I don’t get what she was trying to say.

 

“You’re carefree and cheerful and talkative.”

 

“Really?” I know, I’m such a liar.

 

We continued walking side by side, without having to look at each other but only on the road ahead of us.

 

Unfortunately, there was still nowhere a place to stay.

 

“Is there something wrong with me?”

 

That’s the least thing I wanted her to think about.

 

“No. There isn’t. Don’t even think that way. You’re nice.” Nice? That’s all I could ever say? When she’s way more than that! I’m such a pitiful coward.

 

“Nice? How?”

 

Uh-oh. There’s no way I would tell her that. If I did, I would start blabbering like some lovestruck fool. I’m hopeless. I need a change of topic!

 

“Snake!” I cried and pointed on the bushes along the sides of the road, just next to where we were walking.

 

“You’re kidding me.”

 

Uh-oh! She wasn’t the type to be falling in some kind of cheap trick like that. How should I tell her then?

 

Then, there were suddenly some soft rustling sound on the bushes. I think some kind of wild animal was nearby. And it’s not just my prank; it’s for real this time!

 

I guess she noticed it too and got frightened. She squealed and hopped on me. Her arms and legs sprung around me. We almost lost our balance but thank goodness I got a hold of her just in time. She grabbed on me so tight that I could almost ran out of breath. She was shivering. I can totally feel that she was dead scared. I suddenly felt so protective and manly. She buried her face onto my shoulders. I could feel my cheeks grew impossibly warm.

 

“It’s okay Jiyeon.” I whispered; although I myself wasn’t okay because of our proximity. I caressed her brunette smooth hair.

 

“How can it be okay? We’re going to die without anyone knowing!”

 

I found myself snort a chuckle.

 

“Have you lost your mind?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why are you even laughing at this point in time? The wild boar would be going to eat us alive!”

 

“Turn around.”

 

“What?”

 

“Jiyeon ssi. It’s just a puppy. Look, the puppy’s so adorable like you.”

 

She leaped out of my grasp and turn around.

 

“Ohh,” she bit her lip and her face blushed the moment she saw the puppy.

 

"Hang on. What did you say? Did you just compare me to the puppy?"

 

Uh-oh.

 

"No, I haven't."

 

"You're lying."

 

"I'm not."

 

"I'm not deaf."

 

"I know."

 

"Arggh. Tell me!!"

 

Omo.Omo. She's just too loveable.

 

"You're adorable."