Chapter One

Got Hooked

 

December 21,2011

 

I was busy preparing for our first script reading today. I really was nervous because it would be my first time meeting my co-actors--well technically I had yet to become an actor, so to be calling them my co-actors was a little bit too early. Forgive me. It just slipped off my tongue, I’m not that assuming. Don’t judge me. Rephrasing then what I just said, in the hopes of clearing my name, I had yet to meet the actors I’d be working with on Dream High 2 Set today.

 

Just so you know, I was casted as one of the main leads for the sequel of one of the most loved dramas of 2011, Dream High. At first, I found it really awkward to be given such a big role on my first acting career. Never did I imagine that I would enter this kind of field. But later on, I was briefed that if I were to do really well here, along with my soon-to-be band mate JR, it’ll be easier for us to be recognized. JYP sure gave us a one good marketing strategy for JJ project to debut faster. This drama would then serve as my stepping stone for achieving my dream to become a successful idol. So right now, I find this project rather challenging instead of awkward.

 

 WAIT. Did I just say I find it rather challenging? Yeah. I guess I just said that. I must’ve lost my mind. Don’t get me wrong but of course, this is like ACTING we’re talking about. I have no experience whatsoever in this field. For the past two years, all I did was practice dancing and singing for the preparation of my debut. I never once entered any acting gig. You can’t really blame me if there’s this part of me that’s a little bit tensed, scared, and anxious and all sorts of unpleasantness. It was totally cool to be casted as the main lead, actually I’ve watch a lot of movies that made a lot of idols looked really awesome, but I’m still after all a rookie actor. So instead of bragging about it, I kind of felt more pressured with this project.

 

 And with that, ever since I received the script, I actually have it read many times already and rehearsed too while I’m at it. I tried to incorporate the character JB in myself so I could do well on our filming. Along with that, I’ve also run a little background check on the other 5 leads.  I’d be most interacting with them so I needed to know about them to at least have an idea on how to deal with them on the set. I’ve practically became a fan of them the moment I gathered some information about them but on the other hand, it didn’t actually help me that much because it only gave me additional pressure knowing they’re doing really good in their own careers which is so unlike me who’s just a rookie for everything.

 

Among the 5 of them, the one who left a really remarkable impression on me was T-ara’s Jiyeon. She has this brunette hair falling softly to her shoulder, slim figure, high nose, milk skin, and hazel-nut doe-eyes. I’ve never met her personally but I’ve recently developed a little crush on her. I initially planned to do a quick background check on her just like the other leads but there’s just something in her that kept me interested, so I checked on her a little more. I just couldn’t help the urge to want to know more about her. Besides, she’s the one I’d be having the most scenes with in the drama so it wouldn’t really hurt if I were to get to know her more, right?

 

Oh well, the more I dig on her history of being a celebrity, the more I admire her already. She just debuted for more or less 2 years ago and yet she already accomplished that much. I swear she didn’t deserve all those scandals popped up the internet just to sabotage her hard-earned career. She already had suffered a lot and yet these antis of hers who basically had no other better things left to do produced these kind of no-good rumors. It must’ve hurt her big time. It’s so unfair. Why can’t people be more open-minded? Really.  

 

Uh-oh, did I just defend her? Wait. I barely knew her, why do I sound so protective already? I sounded like a Jiyeon fanboy. I guess it can’t be helped. I have to admit, if I wasn’t busy training for the past two years, maybe I even became the president of her fanclub. O_o  No,  I take that back. I was just kidding. But seriously, antis need to get a dose of their own medicine. They . BIG Time. It’s really good seeing her back to her feet after that crisis. I’m more than happy that she’s even brighter and more successful now. I don’t know how I lived in my past life to actually deserve working with someone like her. She’s multi-talented, popular, warm-hearted and a hard working one. I’m really a fan of her now.

 

 Just recently, I’ve also watched her other dramas; she made me feel the right emotions to feel for every character in every drama she was casted in. Watching her made me feel lacking in all lots of ways.  And so these past few weeks, I rehearsed my lines more than necessary so as not to disappoint anyone..

 

But I have this one big question that keeps on bugging me, why in the world would someone as beautiful as her be the second lead only? She has all what it takes to be the leading lady but how did she always end up being the second girl? Jiyeon had always had the role who got hurt. The role that chased for the boy she loves. Like seriously? If I had a girl like any of the character she played, I’d be the luckiest guy on earth! But the directors seem to forego the spark the character she’s portraying that’s why she’s always the second option. AND Dream High 2 was no exception actually. I’ve read the whole script already and just like all of her dramas, she’d end up with no one and badly hurt by the one she loved. What a waste.

 

Other than her being foolishly in love, her role Rian actually suits her. Rian is the face of a group who worked really hard to prove everyone that she’s not just a pretty face. It’s a lot more than that. She’s a girl with big dreams. No wonder the character Rian was given to her. There are a lot of parallels in the character Rian with Jiyeon herself. Ooops, I sound like I know everything about her when I just read all of that info in the internet.  Well, what to do? She got me hooked.

 

Well, enough with my little crush, let’s go down to business. We were instructed to meet at a restaurant in Gangnam, Seoul for the first script reading. I wasn’t really able to sleep last night because of this very day’s event. The tension was building up in every bit of my muscle. It turned out that I was the earliest to arrive. Not long after, our scriptwriters and director arrived also. I’ve greeted them awkwardly and they gave me their warm greetings. Soon enough, Park Seojoon, actress Kang Sora, 2AM's Jinwoon, SISTAR's Hyorin,  Park Jin Young, After School's Kahi, and T-ara's Jiyeon  turned up at the restaurant. As soon as I saw my little crush, I had my jaws dropped and eyeballs out. Could someone please help me pick them up? I mean, how in the world could she be more beautiful than what  I’d already saw? Believe me, if you were already drooling over the Jiyeon you’re seeing via the internet and all those photos and videos of hers, I bet you’d be drowned with your own fluids now after seeing her personally. The images of Jiyeon on your screens were a clear understatement of how Jiyeon really looked like in real life. How can someone be this breath-takingly beautiful? She’s the perfect epitome of a goddess. No kidding.

 

I would’ve continued staring at her like an idiot if not for our director who cleared his throat. He called for my name. I almost forgot about my name actually.

 

“Jaebum, Introduce yourself  to everyone.”

 

I immediately stood, “Annyeonghasaeyo! I’m Im Jaebum playing for the role JB. I’m actually a rookie actor. I hope to work with you all really well.  Good luck to all of us.” YAy! It surprised me that I could actually talk properly. My voice didn’t betray me at all! I congratulated myself for successfully delivering my well-rehearsed greetings for them without stuttering. This was the first time for me to be that starstruck and it wasn’t really helping me in any way, I almost lost myself there earlier, so I promised myself to restrict myself from staring too much on Jiyeon or else I’d blew everything I prepared for this day.

 

When it was my little crush’s turn to introduce herself, I was practically grinning like a fool,

“Anyeonghasaeyo. I’m Park Jiyeon from T-ara. I’m looking forward to work with you all. Please take good care of me. Hwaiting!”

 

                As she was sitting down, she caught me looking at her. My reaction was to look away immediately but at the corner of my eyes, I saw her lips form into a thin line almost reaching her eyes. I don’t know if it was just me being delusional but I felt butterflies on my stomach when I sensed that the smile which tugged on her lips was actually meant for me. I know, it’s too much of a dream so I dismissed the thought responsibly. Despite that, at the back of my mind, just this teeny tiny part of my mind hoped that my eyes weren’t fooling me from my peripheral vision

.

                After the introductions, we run through the script line by line. Every time I delivered my lines, I wouldn’t look at anyone so as not to lose my concentration. And every time I hear that angelic voice coming from Jiyeon, I would always get enchanted by it. But that’s one hella big problem. I don’t know why but I became too immersed with that husky and soothing voice of hers that’s why I kept on zoning out the moment I hear it. It was always the director who managed to nudge me to remind me that it was my turn to deliver my lines.

 

                I really rehearsed my lines for the many times before this day but I didn’t expect that I’d be too distracted with Jiyeon’s voice. And the worse thing, I wasn’t even looking at her in the first place, I was just hearing her voice for Pete’s sake! How much more if I needed to look at her when filming starts? Just imagine. First, I need to look at her through most of our scenes together and y’already know by now how I act too starstruck with her in my sight. Second, the moment I started hearing her voice, I’d be too enthralled to even concentrate on my own lines. I’d be too caught up in her magical voice.

 

                This is going to be a disaster. If I can’t control myself well then I’m doomed. We’re all doomed. And it’s going to be my fault if our shooting won’t go well. Aigoo. I wouldn’t want to be a burden to anyone. I don’t understand how my senses go berserk when it comes to Jiyeon! I am too aware of a girl whom by the way I just first met! How am I supposed to fix myself now?

 

 

-----

Just so you know my dear readers, I'd be updating this fiction twice a week only because I still have to attend to the needs of my school work. And the updates would most probably be every thursdays and fridays.. ^^ or if not, I'll try it on the following days just to cope up with the twice-a-week update. :D Hope you're patient enough to wait. :*) 

Anyways, what are your thoughts about the first chapter? ;)