Chapter Ten

Got Hooked

 

“Hyorin-ssi?” Jihoo greeted me with his arms folded across his chest, giving me his mocking and disbelieving look,

 

“Are you kidding me?” he scornfully added with his eyebrows creased.

 

“Don’t start with me. Please,” I walked pass him and proceeded to my room.

 

Well, of course, he still followed me to my room, “I wouldn’t go all the way here just because I wanted to play with you, you know better,”

 

I found myself a reasonable excuse, “I’m tired.”

 

“I know and it’s not the issue here,” he seemed so persistent with whatever agenda he came here with.

 

“Then what?”

 

“What do you think it is?” He shot me an accusing look; this guy is unbelieveable!

 

I gave up. I wanted this to get it over and done with, “Okay. Okay. I didn’t mean to pick Hyorin-ssi, I panicked and I got coward saying that it was Jiyeon I wanted to have a drama with, happy now?”

 

“Not really. But yeah. You could say you’re really a coward,” he then shoved me a bunch of photos from the press conference earlier.

 

“Where’d you get all of these?” I mean, how and why?

 

“I have my sources,” The last time I heard him say that, he didn’t really have any sort of sources, in fact, he himself was his own source because he visited me on our filming.. wait. It dawned to me,

 

“Don’t tell me you attended the press conference?”

 

“Bingo!”

 

“But you have your classes,” did he just skip his class?

 

“I have my ways, now back to the main point, I want you to look at this particular photo,”

 

I looked closer to the picture he was showing me and oh my god, “Why do you have this?”

 

“I took that myself,” he proudly replied.

 

“Don’t you dare post this on the internet,” I threatened him with all my life. Jihoo is really mischievous sometimes that I won’t be surprised if he’d upload this photo just to make fun of me.

 

“Then tell me about it.”

 

This best bud of mine sure didn’t want to miss a single detail that’s why he came all the way here just to corner me.

 

“This is ambush.”

 

“You don’t want me uploading this, do you?”

 

“This is blackmail! I’ll sue you!” I pulled off my last string.

 

“No, it’s nothing close to blackmail.  I’m just getting what’s due to me.”

 

I bit back a scowl, “After the presscon was finished, we all packed up and bid our goodbyes,” I gritted my teeth for this guy actually managed to force me into telling him this.

 

“Go on,” this guy really enjoyed messing up with me.

 

“But I’ve noticed that something was wrong with Jiyeon that’s why I approached her.”

 

“and?”

 

Two and a half hours ago..

 

I followed Jiyeon until we finally reached the parking area where no one was around, except the cars and the two of us. The instant I found a chance, I didn’t think twice and grabbed a hold of her arm,

 

“Chakkaman..”

 

She gasped and all of a sudden I found my arms twisted and my body lying limply on the ground. I shouldn’t have frightened her; I forgot that she was a taekwondo black belter; of course, her senses would be more guarded.

 

I felt her grasp loosened when she realized that it was me who she actually just attacked,

 

“OMG! JB, is that you? I’m sorry!” she helped me stand-up; I slowly and carefully got up from the floor with her aid. Although my joints were aching all over,

 

“It’s okay. I’m sorry too.” She kept on dusting off my clothes.

 

“For what?”

 

“Earlier,” I stooped my head, feeling guilty over matters I don’t even know.

 

“About?”

 

I looked up to her, “I don’t know. I just felt like I did something not right that made you felt awkward around me,” I was biting my lower lip the whole time, I really felt that I wronged her for some reasons. Though I don’t know why, I just felt the need to apologize.

 

She stopped with whatever she was doing in trying to fix my clothes, “Ow,” her expression hardened.

 

The atmosphere became suddenly weird. It felt like the oxygen was up around the whole parking lot when she didn’t speak any further. I guess I really did something wrong.

 

“JB-ssi,” There was something off beam about the glint in her eyes.

 

“Yes?” I nervously responded.

 

“I’m sorry but I have to go.”

 

“Is that so?” I scratched the back of my head. I don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep tonight if she’s already leaving without explaining what I did wrong, but I don’t have the guts to ask her.

 

“Neh. I have to catch up with my T-ara unnies, we have more schedules to attend to.”

 

“Okay, see you tomorrow on filming.”

 

“Sorry again about my uninvited attack..” She waved goodbye and proceeded to the car waiting for her.

 

 

 

“So that explains why she looked like she was touching you in all sorts of places in this photo,”

 

“Ohh. She was making sure that I wasn’t hurt anywhere, and she was dusting off my clothes,”

 

“You know, I think I know the reason why she’s being awkward around you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why would I tell you? Pabo. It’s for you to find out,” he stuck out his tongue and laughed at me teasingly.

 

“You’re annoying.”

 

“I know, deal with it.”

 

With that, he skidded out of my room leaving the photos he’d taken behind.

 

 

January 18, 2012

 

We were to film the showcasing of our talents for episode five today. But first, we met our talent instructors before anything else. We were going to have our talent rehearsals first prior to the filming proper. Jinwoon-hyung and I practised our dance steps with our dance instructor and later we’ve had our recording for the song we’d be performing.

 

It took us all half of our day polishing our rehearsals and the recording. The whole time I was bothered with Jiyeon’s sudden coldness towards me that’s why I took the chance during our break time to approach her. I think her behavior has a lot to do with what I did yesterday, which I assume she didn’t like. And I’m sure to figure that out today.

 

“Jiyeon-ssi!” I called out for her name.

 

She seemed to not hear me. And so, I came nearer, “Ji---“

 

Am I seeing right? T-ara suddenly came into sight!

 

“Unnie!” she excitedly greeted them like a child who didn’t see her favorite dolls for so long.

 

I stood awkwardly right to my place,

 

“  Jiyeonaahhh!!! How’s our beloved maknae?” Eunjung noona came rushing to Jiyeon with her hands extended waiting for a hug.

 

Jiyeon then complied and hug her, “Why are you all here? Won’t our president get angry?” she frowned.

 

Hyomin noona clung her arms with Jiyeon’s, “Yah! We missed you already, okay! Don’t mind our CEO!”

 

Then Soyeon noona cupped the side of Jiyeon’s cheeks, “Aigoo. Our dongsaeng’s working really hard. Look at this face,”

 

“I’m really glad that you could come! Oh, Rambo unnie! What have you brought with you? Is that food?”

 

Jiyeon’s eyes watered just by simply mentioning about food. This girl sure is amusing, how cute can she ever get?

 

“Of course! Who could ever forget to bring our glutton her food!”  Boram noona sure brought a couple of lunch boxes with her.

 

“Unnie! Don’t call me glutton, they can hear you,” She looked around sneakily and then when our eyes met, her beautiful face went still for a moment.

 

Now all their focus were diverted to me,

 

“Oh, Jireong! Is he your love interest in the drama?” Hwayoung ssi asked Jiyeon.

 

“Ohh. Ryeong-ryongie,” Jiyeon shortly answered. I don’t know how to feel about it but,

 

“ Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m Imjaebum, you can call me JB if you want,” I nervously introduced myself.

 

“Why don’t you join us eat? It would be great if you do,” Qri noona invited me.

 

“Yes! Come and join us!” T-ara said in unison, except Jiyeon.

 

Their eagerness of having me join their lunch was telling me that I should accept their invitation but the way Jiyeon’s body went all rigid when they offered me, I guess she didn’t want me disrupting her precious time with her unnies,

 

“ No. It’s okay, I have a scheduled lunch appointment with a friend of mine,” I lied.

 

They were going to insist on letting me have lunch with them when JR came, it’s a relief, “Ohh, there he is, he’s the friend I was talking about.”

 

“T-ara! Whoa. You are all so beautiful just like Jiyeon! ” JR excitedly exclaimed, “Annyeonghasaeyo, JR-imnida. I’m a big fan of your group! It’s nice that I could meet you personally!”

 

“Aigoo, this kid’s adorable,” Hyomin noona commented. I nudged at JR, “ Yah! We have to eat our lunch, right? Let’s go!” I was giving him the look that he needed to ride on with me but,

 

“Since he’s already  here, why don’t you two join us instead?” Soyeon expectantly suggested.

 

“Is that really okay?” Oh my gawd, JR didn’t have any pride!

 

“No, we have to go. It’s nice meeting---“ I cut off whatever I was trying to say because JR was already busy eating with Hyomin noona. If you ask me when he had managed to go there, that I don’t know.

 

I stood there in disbelief.

 

“Have you prepared this yourself?” JR boldly asked T-ara.

 

“Ohh. They did! My unnies are the best!”Jiyeon proudly told JR.

 

 

I smiled at how T-ara’s treating each other. They’re really sweet and thoughtful amongst each member. But wait. What’s wrong here? Jiyeon was treating JR alright, why am I the only one here getting a cold treatment from Jiyeon?

 

“Daebak!” JR praised T-ara endlessly. Somehow, JR magically remembered me, “Hyung! The food’s perfect!” he even gave me his two-thumbs up sign while shamelessly munching off T-ara’s food, “Have a taste for yourself too! “

 

He’s making me lose dignity with his disgraceful behavior. Add to the fact that Jiyeon didn’t want even a trace of my presence, I’m in serious trouble. This is going to be a long day.

 

 

----

Hey readers! This week’s update is finally up!  And it’s back to JB’s POV! :D

 

Your comments for the last chapter were highly appreciated. I’m all so hyped because of the comments you left. So, don’t forget to comment again, okay? Cheers!!

 

Anyway, JR and Jihoo are quite messing up with their friend JB in this chappie. Poor JB. :D But that’s what friends are for, right? LOL. But aren’t they cute? XD

 

And T-ara visited Jiyeon on the set! Yay!  I especially love how they are taking care of their maknae. They’re really sweet, aren’t they? :*)

 

So, How will JB find out the reason behind Jiyeon’s sudden change of attitude? Hmmmm. Plus, they will be filming episode five and we all know that the scenes coming up for Rian and JB are really romantically inclined, so how will they handle this?

 

 Stay tuned.

 

For those who didn’t subscribe to this story yet, Subscribe now! Bless you~

 

I love my readers! <3