Chapter Fifteen

Got Hooked

January 19, 2012

 

I drove to the block where T-ara noonas told me to.  I understand that they had so many activities to attend to; it’s just that I still wonder what had gone wrong with Ji’s manager that her T-ara unnies even had to go to the extent of leaving their maknae to the hands and to the likes of someone as good as a stranger like me. They trusted me that much, I guess.

 

I knew it. This wasn’t a good idea, we should’ve asked JR or Jinwoon about this.

 

Not much trust though. Haha. I just hope that I won’t let them down.

 

Oh well, I’m really lucky to know her address just like that. Heck, I might even get her number if luck was any more generous.

 

Anyway, Jihoo advised me to be earlier than the settled time to earn good points from Jiyeon, it’s not like I want anything from her; I just want to appear good.  That’s all. So I followed his advice.

 

 I parked just outside to the specific lane where Qri noona instructed me to. There was still half an hour left before Jiyeon goes out of her flat. And that leaves me to of course go down to the path of waiting. XD I really don’t mind the waiting, just in case you’re wondering. As long as Jiyeon won’t be disappointed with me, I could do anything. And I actually brought extra coat and hot packs for today’s filming. ;)

 

While waiting, I checked my car. All clean.

 

The smell? Just right.

 

My clothes? I already let JR decide for me, so I guess it’s all good.

 

Wait. What about my temperature? I don’t have a fever I guess but I’m feeling cold. It’s my first time to be fetching someone as popular as Jiyeon.

 

Gawd, what am I seriously going to do with my life?

 

15 minutes. Ugh. My nerves are going mad. I’m dying out of anxiety.

 

Hang on, how should I greet her? Oh no, I wasn’t able to prepare for that.

 

I cleared my throat. I needed to rehearse.

 

“Jiyeon ssi! Annyeong! How’s your day?”  oh no, the day’s only starting, many things are yet to come, why am I asking her that?

 

“Jiyeonaaahh, Annyeong!” Now, it’s so short. Ugh. And Jiyeonaaaah? That’s so gay. This can’t be.

 

“Jiyeon, come. Ride with me. ” Come? Like seriously? What is she? A dog? NO.

 

“Jiyeon, Annyeong! Let’s go!” I sound so excited. I don’t want her to misunderstand anything anymore. I need something more manly.

 

“Annyeong! Ready to go Jiyeon ssi?” Hoho. That sounds cool.

 

Now what to do?

 

 Breathe JB.

 

Take a deep breath.

 

Inhale. Exhale.  

 

Relax.

 

 

OH. Did she just emerge from that building? She came out 5 minutes earlier.

 

No way.

 

But I need to go and get her. NOW.

 

I proceeded at their entrance where she was waiting.

 

I had to greet her already but what in the world is this human being in front of me? No, scratch that. She isn’t a human being at all. A beauty like that isn’t possible for humans. She’s a goddess. Saying she’s beautiful is an understatement. She’s exceptionally stunning in every humanly way possible.

 

I thought I got over with my starstruck syndrome but I was wrong. I even rehearsed my lines earlier but then again she..ugh.  she had no idea how drop-dead gorgeous she is even without doing anything. She’s dazzling with her fresh look. Having to fetch her like this isn’t a bad idea after all.. How in the world did I get myself to be this goddamn lucky?

 

“Is there something wrong with my face?”

 

There’s nothing wrong. In fact you’re flawless. But what happened to my voice?

 

“JB ssi? Are you okay?” She was looking at me intently.

 

I cleared my throat. “Ohh. I am.”

 

I needed to say my rehearsed greetings even though it’s late, “Ready to go?” I know, I didn’t greet her at all. XD I just realized it’s too late for greetings..

 

“Sorry for the trouble. I didn’t know about what my unnies’ favor until this morning.”

 

“No. It’s okay. In fact, this is gonna be awesome.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

Uh-oh. Did I sound so eager?

 

I needed to redeem myself, “ You know, we could rehearse while we’re on the ride.”

 

I started picking up her things.

 

“No, leave that to me. I can manage.” She protested then started to get her things from me but,

 

“No. A lady shouldn’t be doing that. It’s a man’s responsibility to do that, so leave it to me.” I didn’t give her time to complain anymore, I had all her things at the car at once. She silently followed me to the parking area.

 

I opened the car’s door for her, “Oh why thank you.” I heard her say. I just smiled in response, ‘cause y’know I’m having a hard time finding my voice right now.

 

My senses weren’t working properly. And now, she was just adjacent me, the seat next to the driver’s seat. I hope we won’t have any accident on the way.

 

The drive for the first few miles was silent and awkward. But then, I had a feeling that she got bored and so she broke the ice, “So, how did my unnies convince you to fetch me?”

 

“They just asked and presto, I agreed.”

 

“ Seriously?” she asked in disbelief.

 

“Nah. I’m not sure myself. I just found myself agreeing. I guess your unnies got excellent convincing powers. ”

 

“Did they hypnotize you or something? You don’t even remember how you agreed.”

 

“Haha. Maybe. I don’t care though, especially if it’s for your good.”

 

“Neh?”

 

Did I just voice out my thoughts? No way. I slipped again.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Anyway, I thought we’re going to rehearse? Let’s rehearse then.”

 

“Yeah. That sounds great.”

 

“Which part should we rehearse?”

 

She started browsing the script. The pumping of my heart suddenly increased its pace. Why did I even mention anything about rehearsal? Oh my gawd. Our scene together was in the past where I would kiss her. >_< How will we rehearse that?

 

“Ohh. I would be having a scene with Jinwoon oppa!” she sounded so enthusiastic about her upcoming scene with Jinwoon hyung.

 

“Chincha? Is it your first scene with him?” I sounded so down, I expect that she wouldn’t notice it though.

 

“Neh. Kyaaa. I’m looking forward to our shooting together!” She didn’t even hide her excitement.

 

I didn’t talk. What would I say anyway?

 

“Ohh. While Our scene is..” She looked carefully at the script she was holding. “the setting’s at an old swing.. You found me there all alone. and lonely.”

 

“Ohh.” I replied shortly.

 

“Do you know your lines?”

 

“Kind of.”

 

“I’ll start then..”

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“You must be okay.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why did you come here?”

 

“It’s not what you’re thinking. I thought they hid the treasure here like the last time. Just.. go on ahead. It’s humiliating, so you go on ahead. ”

 

“That’s pretty much about the present. Satisfied?”

 

“Yeah. You’re so good,” I couldn’t help but compliment her.

 

“Nah. I was just reading my lines. But you, you actually memorized it already.”

 

“But I only have short lines anyway.”

 

“Oh well, let’s proceed further?”

 

I gulped. I just nodded, afraid that my voice would betray me.

 

“Into the past! Lights camera action!” she imitated our director endearingly!

 

“Ahhh. We found it! What is it?”

 

“Ta da!”

 

“What the heck?”

 

“It’s my best treasure.”

 

“This is yours?”

 

“Yeah. It’s the first pair that’s worn out though. A present.”

 

Now my next lines would be awkward. I’ll just say I forgot it.

 

“I forgot my next lines. Let’s rehearse later with the director instead.” And besides I don’t want any more awkward moments to list.

 

“Oh? Okay,” she unbelievably agreed just like that. Maybe she found it awkward too. She then diverted the subject, “How long do we still have to travel?”

 

I noticed that she’s really good at changing topics. And I’m thankful for that.

 

“2 more hours at minimum.”

 

“That long?”She sounded so disappointed.

 

“Ohh.”

 

“No way.”

 

She seemed rather annoyed with riding with me.

 

 She yawned. Beautifully, if I may add.

 

She looked really sleepy.

 

“You could sleep Jiyeon, I’ll wake you up when we reached the venue.”

 

“Are you sure? But you’ll be bored to death without someone to talk to.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I can manage. In fact, I’m used to driving by myself,” I lied. I just want her to take a good sleep. It looked like she needed it so badly, “Take a rest Jiyeon ssi.”

 

“Okay then. Anyway, thanks for the ride JB ssi. I owe you a lot. ”

 

With that, she dozed off. She fell asleep that easily. She must be really dead tired with all those thickly packed-schedules she needed to attend to. I’m starting to hate their company for exhausting its idols like this. Jiyeon deserved a better company.

 

 

We then took the national highway but then the cars were jammed in traffic because of an accident. And so, I took the other way to the filming site which was 3 hours longer drive than the original 2 hours. It’s better than to be stuck in heavy traffic jam for 6 or 7 long hours.

 

I haven’t realized that I was already taking the wrong direction until I reached a dead end. I took a reverse. As I willed my car going back to the road I took earlier, the tires exploded unexpectedly, two of them actually. Yeah right. Just the luck that I need!

 

 Did I just run out of luck? Uh-oh, this can’t be happening.

 

I nervously looked at Jiyeon. Glad that the explosion of the tires didn’t wake her up. She was still sleeping soundly. Thank goodness. I don’t want her to panic or to regret that I was the one her unnies entrusted her to.

 

I fished for my phone. I called for our director notifying them than we would be late by an hour or two due to some mishaps we met on the way.

 

After that, I then changed my exploded tires to my spare tires. Good thing, I brought two extra tires with me. I’m still lucky after all.

 

Finally, we’re back on the road. But we’re still lost. I asked for directions on the passersby along the way and thankfully they knew the directions.

 

We still have 3 hours drive to finally arrive at the filming location. It surely is a far-flung area.

 

But then again, I ran out of gas. Now what? I didn’t have any spare gasoline whatsoever. And there’s no gasoline station in sight.

 

Jiyeon also woke up already, “Where are we?” she drowsily asked.

 

“Huh? We’re..”