Chapter 3

Working for Acknowledgement

 

**IU POV**

Curious as to who have called Yoseob in such a cute manner, I turned my head to come face-to-face with a pretty-faced woman. I looked her up and down, only to be disappointed. She had a figure that most women (which I have to admit, included me) would give up anything just to trade for her body. Her killer red heels only added to flatter her S-line. The locks of her hair fell on her chest, not failing to accent her face. Her features: striking eyes, tall nose, and red lips were well highlighted as her bangs were braided away from her faces outlining the top of her head. I can tell Yoseob was charmed by her as he immediately, but I might say, carefully, release me from his hold. Feeling inferior to her beauty, I wanted nothing but just to rush to the washroom and groom myself from all the sweat I’ve shed from 5 hours of working.

“Hyuna, what brings you here?” Yoseob asked in a sickeningly husky voice. This ‘Hyuna’ woman however, planned not to answer as she was curious of something else.

“Oppa, who’s this girl? I never met her before,” Yoseob curiously turned to my direction, almost as if he forgot that I was even there.

“Ah! Jieun-ah! I thought you went inside already,” he chuckled, “Well since you’re here, might as well introduce you guys to each other. Hyuna, meet Jieun, she works here in the café. She’s mostly in the back since she’s always cooking. That’s probably why you never saw here before. Jieun, meet Hyuna. She’s my girlfriend.” He smiled as Hyuna blushed. WOAH WOAH WOAH. WAIT. YOSEOB’S GIRLFRIEND?! This hotshot is Yoseob’s girlfriend?! Who would have thought…?

“Nice to meet you Hyuna-ssi,” I smiled as I recovered from shock. “I’ld love to talk to you more but I think my shift starts pretty soon. I’m really sorry, but I hope we can catch up in another time.”

“Oh, sorry to have bothered you,” she apologized sincerely, “bye, Jieun-ssi!”

“It’s no problem. I’ll be leaving you and Yoseob-ssi alone then. I’ll tell Wooyoung-sunbae he has a guest.”

“Really?! You’ll tell him that I can’t go to work? So I can go out with Hyuna?!” Yoseob exclaimed as his eyes twinkled with excitement. AISHHH, this kid! He really likes to push his limits doesn’t he?!

“Oh, um- well, I have to cover for Dongwoon so umm-“ I stuttered as I was put on the spot.

“Oh that’s right…Well I guess I’ll end up working either way.” He sighed with disappointment. “I’ll meet you inside Jieun-ah.”

“Sorry again… to both of you,” I said, embarrassed to have kept their hopes up. “I’ll be excusing myself then.” With that, I headed inside the café while taking one last glance at the loving couple.

**YOSEOB POV**

“Oppa, I missed you~” Hyuna whined. I looked at her lovingly. It’s been a week since we’ve seen each other. Somehow our schedules always seem to clash, with me working at the café while she takes her job at the dance studio, things have been hectic for the two of us.

“Baby, I missed you more,” I hushed her as I pulled her into my arms. “I wish I could ditch work but I’ld be killed by hyung. Not to mention, he’ll probably chase after us until I get back to my shift.” I chuckled.

“Oppa, I love it when you laugh.” Hyuna gazed at me with her enchanting eyes.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute. Let’s go to the park for a few minutes. I want to spend time with you before my shift starts. I really missed you baby,” I gave her a quick peck in the lips, feeling her soft lips rub against mine for a few seconds made me smile automatically.

“No, oppa. It’s ok, you’ll be late for work. I don’t want to be the reason for you to get in trouble.” She looked up to meet me in the eyes with her sincerity showing through. “I’ll come back to visit you in your break, instead. Oh, and I’ll come over when you’re done with work too so we can go home together!” she grinned.

“Why are you suddenly so thoughtful sweetie?” I . She raised her hand wanting to slap me playfully on my chest. However, I caught her arm mid-air and gave her a smirk. I tightened my grip around her waist with my other arm, and her even closer. Using this chance, I lowered my face to hers, never leaving her gaze and soon enough our lips met. She kissed me sweetly and pulled away, leaving me hanging. Uncontended, I kissed her again. However this time, with much more passion. Tracing my tongue across her lips, I tasted the sweet combination of honey and vanilla. I on her bottom lip and I felt myself smile as she parted her lips. My tongue entered , meeting with hers. Just then, my phone vibrated, signalling a new text.

“Aish, ing great timing,” I muttered to my phone as I heard Hyuna giggle.

To: Yoseob

From: Jieun

I know I said that I’ll let you spend some time with your girlfriend but Wooyoung-sunbae said that it didn’t matter if you had a guest. You have to get back to work right now. I stalled some time for you though. Though it was just 10 minutes, I hope you were able to enjoy. Take it as a thank you for helping me out earlier. ^^ Sorry again to interrupt, but get back inside right now if you don’t want to get in trouble.

That’s a first. All her texts to me usual begin with a ‘YAH!’ or ‘YOUUU!!!’ or ‘JERK’, followed by a negative comment or complaint. I was still thinking of what to reply to her when my phone vibrated once again and then again.

To:Yoseob

From:Doojoon-hyung

 Yoseobbie’s a man now. ;) But dude, seriously asking…how did you manage to score a hot chick?

To:Yoseob

From: Kikwangie

Yoseob-ah! What ever happened to Kiseob??  L Meanie, how could you trade me for her?! GET INSIDE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! I’m really upset with you for cheating on me. Hehehe, just kidding hyunggg  ;P Mind introducing me to her friends?

What the ?! How did they even know what happened? Are they stalking me? Scared of the thought, I looked around to survey my surroundings, trying to get an idea of where they may have been spying on me. We were in the back alley, in front of the staff entrance, and I wondered from where the boys might be watching without being caught. It was most certainly not from the door as I know for a fact that moving the heavy metal door for even just a centimeter would cause the loudest screech.

Just then the small rectangular frame of a tinted window came into my view as I tilted my head downwards. I sighed; it was the same tinted window that was installed in the boys’ change room of Cube Café.  Some of the male employees have complained about this very window, arguing that it was disturbing for them to change with the idea of being exposed outside. However, the manager of the café argued that the ‘stench’ coming from our lockers was much more disturbing and a window was the only way to keep the smell from reaching the lobby of the café. Technically saying, a window was the fool-proof way of installing fresh-air ventilation and an exhaust fan without having to spend hundreds. As a result, the boys improvised by tainting the window, allowing them to see the view from outside while being protected from exposure.

“Oppa!” Hyuna exclaimed, cutting off my thoughts. “Your shift already started and you still haven’t gone back to the café! Aigoo…” I felt her arm move to my back as she gently gave me a push.

“Hyunnaaaaahhhh,” I whined, not wanting to go. “We haven’t finished yet!!!”  I groaned. There’s nothing more than I hate than to be interrupted and cut off from my precious time with my baby girl.

“Oppa! Go now or else we’ll never continue!” she threatened, her eyes cutely sending glares to me.

“Hmph, arraseo. Good-bye kiss then?” I said as I widened my eyes as best I could with my cheeks puffed and my lips forming a pout.

Her eyes quickly warmed with pity and guilt as I continued with the same expression on my face. “Fine,” I heard her mumble. YESS!! I’m not called aegyo king for nothing, I smirked. Basking in my success and happiness, I had not realized that her lips have already made her way to mine. However that didn’t stop me from savoring her taste. Soft and sweet, that’s the Hyuna I know. I smiled, as the thought of her can instantly brighten me up.

“That was the best. Don’t forget, my break is at 6 p.m. I’ll be closing tonight and it’ll be too late so I’ll ask one of the guys to drop you off, I’m sorry I can’t bring you home. I’ll see you later baby,” I whispered in her ear as I finally released her from my arms. Taking a step back, I felt utter hatred for my job that does best at keeping me away from my girlfriend. I gave her one last longing look and finally, caressed her cheek, a move I make every time I bid with her my goodbye.

“Bye oppa,” she finally says while catching my hand to return to me.

 

 

Here's an update :) Hyuna seems nice, right? I didn't feel like making her seem bad because she's a pretty cool gal :P But, things might change later on, idk. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed Chapter 3! Comment and subscribe.