Chapter 16

Working for Acknowledgement

 

**DONGWOON’S POV**

I’m bored.

Yes, completely and utterly bored.

 I stared at my hands and unconsciously began to play with them. It was then that I noticed that I had extremely long fingers, which is understandable considering my towering height. However, I gave it some thought before stereotyping all those tall people out there. I mean, not all tall people have long fingers right?  

I snapped off my thoughts immediately. As soon as I had looked up, I saw Yoseob-hyung’s walking figure. A troubled expression was plastered on his face and his fists were balled up. I took this as a sign that his meeting with noona didn’t go exactly as planned, which is most definitely not a good thing. From past incidents, I have learned that an annoyed or frustrated Yoseob-hyung is not a very pleasant hyung to play around with. I cleared my throat and decided not to speak of his meeting with noona. Nor will I ask him about my finger debate just yet.

“Hyung!” I called after him carefully, but he only brushed past me.

“Let’s go Doongwoon-ah,” his voice was clear of authority and so I decided to just obey his commands and remain silent.

We passed through a series of hallways and finally reached the elevator. Before Yoseob-hyung could ask me to, I quickly reached out to press the downward arrow to call for the next descending elevator. He gave me a weird stare for my hasty action and I felt somewhat embarrassed. I gave him one of my big grins to take his mind off whatever childish act I committed. Thankfully, it worked as he looked away from me and released a sigh. I glanced at the time on my phone. It’s already been five minutes since Yoseob-hyung said his last word. This is bad. Right now, a million things are running through his head and most likely he is overthinking the most of them. Definitely not a good sign.

“Yoseob-hyung…” I whispered. He looked at me and I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. If I say something wrong, he can either explode or break down. Yes, he is the ticking bomb and I am the clueless amateur debating between the blue and red wire. I looked around trying to find anything that can save me from this dilemma. Then, I heard a ding noise and I instantly reacted. “The elevator’s here!” I exclaimed, a little too brightly. “Let’s go!!” I skipped to the empty elevator, with Yoseob-hyung following behind me. Soon after, I closed the elevator door and I was met with the deafening silence yet again. I sneezed, which seemed to have turned something on in Yoseob-hyung’s mind.

“Dongwoon-ah, stop acting so weird. There’s nothing wrong, I promise.” LIES! How do you expect me to relax when I feel like you’ll blow your head off any time now?!

“Oh, ahahaha… that’s great, hyung! So, are you still up to meet with the rest of the guys later?” I sniffed and masked my face with a bright smile.

“Yeah, I’m going but you’re not. I’ll drop you off at our dorm.”

“Huh? Why?” Aishh this hyung! Just because he’s older and somewhat has more authority than me right now doesn’t mean he can prevent me from meeting with my band!

“You’re sick, aren’t you? How do you expect to sound with a stuffy nose? I’ll tell Doojoon-hyung so don’t worry ‘bout anything and get some rest.”

“Hyunnggg~!! What am I going to do while you’re gone? I’ll be so bored! You already left me earlier, why are you leaving me again?!!” I couldn’t take it anymore. So what if he blows up at me? I’m not letting Yoseob-hyung take the spotlight from me! He’s already the main vocal!

“Aishh! Dongwoon-ah! If you’re worried of me stealing you’re parts in the song, I’ll give them to Kikwang! You need rest!” WOAHHH… How did he know?! One thing about Yoseob-hyung is that he has the ability to read minds. Or at least my mind, for that matter.

“W-what?! N-nooo!! I wasn’t worried about that!!” I stutter.

“I’ve lived with you for 4 years. I think we both know that you’re worried,” he says matter-of-factly and I was left stunned.

“O-oh yeah?! Well then, if you’re so smart how come you’re not wearing a jacket? Didn’t think it would be this cold at night now did you?!” I retorted back to him, somewhat defiantly. However I regretted doing so as soon as I met his face. His eyes have lost their sparkle and he no longer wore a smile. Looks like I’ve ticked the bomb. “Hyung…what’s wrong?” I tried to approach him in the gentlest way possible as to not make matters worse.

“Dongwoon-ah,” he sighed and I braced myself for what was to come.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Do you think I’m a terrible guy?”

“Huh? Of course you’re not.”

“Then, why do I feel like I am?!”

“What do you mean? Did something go wrong, hyung?”

“Everything went wrong! All I tried to do was to surprise her and look what I did! I’m a terrible guy! How can I not know that she felt unimportant to me?! Why am so dumb?!!!”He cried out.

I couldn't help but laugh at the baby version of Yoseob-hyung. "I think you should just say sorry. I’m sure whatever it is you did wrong, noona will forgive you. I don’t know how you do it but I always end forgiving you… don’t I?”I smile. He sighed at my remark, but I noticed his face relaxing.

“It’s not that easy… but thanks Dongwoon-ah,” he mumbles.

We finally step out of the elevator and began heading to his car. I opened the door of his car, hopped on, and buckled up. The passenger seat was rather cramped with my knees almost touching the dashboard. I groaned as I tried to adjust the seat with the limited space available. I couldn’t manage to get my legs straightened and ended up getting out of the car to move the seat.

“Hyung, what’s up with you and always moving the passenger seat?! Honestly, why is it always so cramped up here?! I have no leg room,” I complained as I finally adjusted the seat to the right amount of space.

“You’re just a giant. Everyone else can fit in that space you know,” he retorted back at me as he triggered the engine.

“Whatever hyung,” I rolled my eyes at him and took a sniff.

“Oh, there’s a Kleenex box in the glove compartment. Don’t you dare wipe your dirty hands all over the seat like you did last time. I know it was you,” he glared at me before backing up the car. I felt somewhat vulnerable as he did so.

“Yes hyung,” I complied obediently, opening the glove compartment to find the said tissue box. However, as I was doing so, I noticed a sparkle that flickered to my attention. As the Curious George that I am, I rummaged through to grab a hold of the shiny object. It was then that I noticed that it was actually a zipper that was attached to a very femine styled wallet. As much as I wanted to open it up and see who it belongs to, I know Yoseob-hyung would be quick enough to notice and so I decided to just leave it closed and ask him about it instead. 

 

 


 Thanks to all the commentors and subscribers. :D