Chapter 21

Working for Acknowledgement

 

Here I am standing in front of her door. My hand is shaking uncontrollably. I didn’t know why but a nervous anxiety was creeping up my system. Taking a deep breath, I shakily insert my key and turned the doorknob with my pale hands. It clicks automatically, telling me the door was now open. With hesitating footsteps, I enter her apartment. I’ve given her surprise visits a number of times already but this was the first that I felt so nervous. I locked the door behind me with a soft click. With a shaky sigh, I bent down to remove my shoes.

A soft sobbing was heard from down the hall and immediately hurried inside. Trying to remain as quiet as possible, I was able to make clear of some things. It was Hyuna crying, I was sure. My breath hitches up in my throat as I began to make my way towards her room. The door was slightly ajar. She hadn’t bothered to tidy up her apartment either. I put my hand on the doorknob, ready to make my appearance when a voice speaks up.

In the gentlest tone, it hushes her, “Hyuna, I’m here. Don’t cry.” I stopped; I recognize that voice. In fact, in no way can I forget about it as it was the same one that hushed me when I lost my best friend when I was young. But, it can’t be right? Putting my thoughts aside, I gently opened the door. The crack widens as the scene unfolds before me.

There it is: her room and her. She was sitting on the bed, her back turned away from me. But that wasn’t it. I tried to blink away the image. I couldn’t think properly. No matter how much I try to make sense of the situation, I couldn’t find a solution. She was cheating on me; no thoughts were able to say so otherwise. Raged and disappointment washed over me, and I wanted to disappear immediately.

I open my mouth, wanting to scream at them both. However a meek sound escapes instead. “Ah,” I breathe out. Hyuna turns immediately, her eyes widening to large soccer balls. She breaks away from the man’s arms and I find myself wishing she hadn’t done so.

“Hyung,” I whispered inaudibly.

Hyuna scrambles. My legs weaken and I find my vision going blurry. She tries to go to my side. Junhyung has a tight hold on her arm. With a shaky breath, I find myself helplessly pitiful as I began to leave her room without a fight.

“Stop! Oppa! Please!” she begs. I don’t see her but I don’t try to turn to her either.

I put on my shoes. Ironically a bitter escapes my mouth. Tears were spilling from my eyes. Doojoon was right, he was never wrong anyway right? I should’ve listened to him when he gave me a chance to. I put on my shoes. To my dismay, Hyuna managed to reach me. She had her arms around my waist.

“Yoseob-oppa,” she cries. “I’m so sorry.”

I bring my hands up to hers. Her hands were warm compared to my icy cold ones. She gasps as our fingers make contact. Instead of intertwining our finger like before, I tried to break free of her grasp. She complies and her arms drop.

“Take care Hyuna,” I managed to whisper without breaking down as I left her apartment.


I wanted to make an update to celebrate the news about Yoseob's solo debut so here it is! Hope you like it! Comment and subscribe please!