Chapter 25

Working for Acknowledgement

Hi guys, if you didn't notice, I deleted the last chapter. So before reading this, maybe you might want to refresh your memory by skimming through Chapter 24. If not, then I'll try to do it for you here.

So, Yoseob was out of himself lately and thus messes up at work. Unfortunately, he spills Taeyang's coffee on himself. Taeyang lets out an outburst and Yoseob does nothing but look pitiful. Then Jieun comes into the rescue, scolding Taeyang. She takes Yoseob someplace else and heals his wound. Then Jieun falls onto Yoseob and she feels flustured. That's why Yoseob goes ahead saying that she's family anyway. Then Hyuna enters the scene and out of the blue, Yoseob kisses Jieun. 

Now, I'll skip to the part where Yoseob goes home aight? If anyone's confused, sorry :( I know it's irresponsible of me to just take off the chapter but i hope everyone will be understanding :) Don't be afraid to ask me anything. I'll try to clear you guys up.  Now, onto the storyyy~ 


 

3rd Person

Yoseob grips tightly to the green bottle as it was tilted farther, and he gulps down the remaining liquid. There was no more left, and he frowns. Upset, he scurries through the mess on the ground in search for another unopened soju bottle. When he finds that they’ve been all emptied, he cries.

“Dongwoonieee!” Yoseob exclaims, tears spilling from his eyes. There was no response. “Dongwooonnnn!” he wails. Stopping for a good five minutes, he waits for a response. Yet, he didn’t get anything. He hugs his knees closer to his chest and buries his head in his arms. “Dongwoon-ah,” he mumbles, tears cascading down his cheeks. “Don’t leave me,” Yoseob mutters to himself.

Just then, the doorknob rattles as the jingling of keys being inserted was heard. The front door bursts open, revealing an exhausted Dongwoon who had just arrived back home from the gym. He immediately notices Yoseob’s messy pair of shoes as well as the shattered vase that Yoseob accidentally bumped into. Extremely worried, he shakes off his shoes and drops his gym bag to the ground. He shuts the door closed behind him and runs to the living room. The scene there wasn’t much of an improvement; in fact, it was even worse.

Yoseob was curled up in a small ball, leaning against a disarranged sofa. Empty soju bottles were scattered, surrounding him in every single corner. His right arm that covered his face was swelled up in a bright red, thanks to the spilled coffee from earlier. He was a complete mess. Dongwoon sighs heavily and starts to clear out the glass bottles. He was afraid that Yoseob might get hurt. However clearly, he already was. After getting rid of the potential damages, he crawls over to the crying man.

“Hyung,” he mumbles. His own voice was shaking.

Yoseob looks up slowly, showing his bloodshot eyes. His cheeks were stained with tears and he wipes them harshly upon seeing his friend. “Dongwoon-ah,” he says as if a huge burden was lifted off his shoulders. Never has he felt so much comfort until he’s seen Dongwoon’s concerned face. “You’ll never leave hyung alone right?” he asks, a tear flowing down once again.

“Of course, I’ll never leave you! Yoseob-hyung what happened?”  He inquires, “Who made you like this?” Dongwoon pats Yoseob’s back comfortingly, ushering him to calm down. Yoseob looks up to Dongwoon’s eyes and he sighs. It was time he stops carrying all the stress to himself.

“Ahni, I did this… I did this all…” Yoseob gulps, “Hyuna…she….I saw her with Junhyung. They were hugging, and I didn’t know what to do. For some reason, I felt she needed him more than she needed me. So I left and she tried to hold me back…” he stops to hiccup. Dongwoon immediately runs to the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water. He hands into Yoseob who drinks it while Dongwoon rubs his back, calming him down. “Dongwoon-ah, was I wrong? I just wanted her happy. We both knew our relationship was going downhill and I guess I was the problem. I love her, I really do.”

Dongwoon watches as Yoseob’s hands clenches into tight fists. Finally, he was being honest with his emotions. Dongwoon clears his throat after gathering enough courage, “Hyung, I’m just curious. You love her right? But, how come you guys broke up? I mean, I know you guys could’ve always worked it out. What exactly happened?”

Yoseob sighs, shutting his eyes closed as he ruffles his hair. “Hyuna saw me kiss Jieun.”

Dongwoon gasps, doubling over what had just been said. He himself couldn’t graps the fact and he can’t even imagine how Hyuna would. Dongwoon’s forehead creases in worry. He knew Yoseob and he knew that Jieun was nothing more than a little sister. Yoseob cherished Jieun for that reason since he found his little sister through her. After hearing him say he kissed Jieun, Dongwoon could only imagine the rest that occurred after. Really, is Jieun just a little sister? He sighs gravely and decides to help Yoseob up. He had to put an end to this. Moping about will do both of them no good.

“Let’s talk later, hyung. For now, let’s get you cleaned up.” Yoseob nods, following Dongwoon’s orders. He was lead to the bathroom, where Dongwoon trusted him to be by himself. While Yoseob was freshening up, he tidies the living room and the mess that was made at the entrance. He was silent the whole time, processing everything. Then, he moves to Yoseob’s bedroom where he lays out his pyjamas and prepares his bed. He notices Yoseob’s messy desk table with open books and scattered sheets of papers. That’s where he also notices the two picture frames that were set up neatly at the corner. His little sister and Hyuna. Dongwoon sighs, leaving the room with his phone in his hands, pressing the buttons to make a call. The ringtone soon ends and the person in the other line answers.

 “Hyung? We need to talk,” Dongwoon says carefully, afraid that Yoseob will hear. And sure enough, he won’t. The bathroom had been long empty. Yoseob has left the house, going off to who knows where. 






If you're still with me, thank you :D I hope you enjoyed it. Until the next update, BYEE :)