Chapter 17

Working for Acknowledgement

 

 “Yoseob-hyung, I think noona left her wristlet,” I say slowly as I cautiously held it up.

“Huh? She didn’t say anything about a missing wristlet. That’s funny, she didn’t even ride my car at all this week,” he replied, his eyes focused on the road.

“Oh. Then I guess this must be yours,” I stated simply as I opened the glove compartment once again to put it back to its place.

“Don’t joke with me Dongwoon-ah. Why would I use a wristlet?” he chuckled.

“Oh, but you said I wasn’t Hyuna-noona’s…” I trailed off. The car slows to a halt as we near the intersection.

“Let’s see it,” Yoseob-hyung holds out his hand as he turns away from the red light. I handed it to him only for his expression to change into a troubled one.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” I ask him.

“This isn’t Hyuna’s…” he says with a confused look while examining it. “I think it might be Jieun’s…”

“Jieun? Lee Ji Eun?” If Yoseob-hyung was confused, then I would be clueless.” Why would that be here though? Hyung, you gave her a ride?”

“Hmm… yeah I did. I went to her school earlier. She broke her ankle,” he stated.

“She broke her ankle?!” I asked after a series of coughs.

“Mhmm,” he gives back the wristlet as the street lamp flashes green.

“How?!”

“Long story. Speaking of which, she’s probably going to need a ride home.” Yoseob-hyung sighs as he takes a glimpse at the time. “I don’t know if I’ll make it in time…”

“I can drive her!” I offered excitedly. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Jieun and I’m dying to see her.

“You’re sick though,” he pouts.

“Hyuunngg~! Don’t worry about meee!! Besides, it’s at the hospital anyway right? I can drop by to get a prescription there too!” I reasoned as best I can. He was silent for a moment, debating what I said. Soon, he lets out a sigh.

“Fine. You win, but lemme give her a call first. Can you connect my phone please?” He gestures for his phone and the earphones at the glove compartment. I quickly search for it and dialed Jieun’s number.

“Hyung it’s ringing! Ppali!”I panicked while putting the earbud in his ear. He gave a glare as I harshly inserted it.

“Annyeonghaesayo.” He says awkwardly, causing me to giggle. “Deh, Yoseob-inmida. Oh, sorry. I thought it was just too awkward to talk informally.” I accidentally slipped and let out a laugh. “Oh, it’s Dongwoon,” he gives me an evil look and I immediately stop. “So, how did the check-up go? It’s done? Oh, already? Then, you’ll need a ride?” he pauses and lets out a chuckle. “You left it here. I’ll drop you off. Don’t worry ‘bout it,” he stops. “Alright, ‘bye.” After a few seconds Yoseob-hyung gives me the signal to remove the earbud. “Gently, Dongwoon-ah,” he reminds me as I move over to his side. Following his instructions, I pulled it out carefully.

“So hyung, am I going to drive?” I ask as I put away the earphones.

“Yeah. I’ll go meet BEAST and you can drive after,”

“Assa!” I exclaimed.

“Yah! Drive carefully! Don’t leave scratches on my baby! I’ll murder you if you do Dongwoon-ah! I’m not joking.” I was surprised as he takes his eyes off the road and actually gives me a scary stare that made the hairs the back of my neck stand up.

“Yes hyung,” I gulped and he goes back to his driving mode.

“Good.”

Soon after we slow to a stop as Yoseob-hyung pulls over. He unbuckles quickly and kills the engine.

“Dongwoon-ah, I’m late!! Drive carefully ok?!” He literally screams at me as he searches frantically for his phone and wallet. “Alright, I’m leaving!” He opens the car door and leaves with no jacket.

“Hyung, wait! Take my jacket!” I run towards him as I shed off the unnecessary layer.

“Noo! You’re sick! You need it more than me!” He shrugs off the jacket that I placed on his shoulder.

“Aish! Arrasso! Hyung borrow a sweater from Hyunseung-hyung ok?! He always wears an extra layer!” I yell after his jogging figure.

“I will! Thanks Dongwoon-ah!” he waves goodbye and finally disappears inside the building.

 


Two chapters! Don't forget to comment/subscribe :)