Chapter 10

Working for Acknowledgement

 

Yoseob, how can you be so clueless? This is your fault. Who else is responsible for causing her to hurt her ankle? It's all because you left her. You should’ve brought her to the hospital that moment when you knew she was hurting. How can you be so irresponsible? The little voice in my head, also known as the hateful conscience,continued to nag at me. However everything said is right. It’s true, it is my fault and I’ve done wrong by ignoring the right thing to do which I should’ve done ages ago. If anything, I hated being the cause for someone else’s suffering. Yet, here I am now, twenty-one years old and unable to even hold onto my own life’s philosophy.

I turned the corner in hopes of locating Jieun, and thankfully I did. She was quite a way off from where I was, and most likely she couldn’t see me. I frowned as I saw her remove the bandage around her ankle. Discreetly, she tried to rewrap her injury again but failed in doing so. Feeling responsible, I headed to her side. She took no notice of me however, and I ran my hands through my hair to compose myself. Then, I conjured up my courage to muster out a word only to back out in the end. For some reason, I found it challenging to approach her at this time. Therefore without a word, I silently went to her side.

I picked up the tensor bandage which she had thrown to the side in frustration. I continued to watch as she covered her eyes with her one hand and bit her lips until a drop of blood has erupted through the red flesh. Honestly, I felt guilty. Remaining silent, I knelt down before her and unintentionally hid my face from her. As gently as possible I stretched out her leg and took notice of the ever so swelled up ankle. I cringed as I imagined the pain that the injury could bring. Carefully, I placed a hand on the opposite side of the injury and tried to touch the swelled area with my fingers. By now, she has reacted and tried to wiggle her leg free.

“Stay still,” I murmured while trying to calm her. Soon she complied and I was able to thoroughly examine her ankle. I sighed heavily after coming to a conclusion. A simple tensor bandage can’t possibly deal with the damage that’s been made. In fact, wrapping the wound without seeking professional help may even further develop the injury.

“Yah, Jieun-ah why didn’t you tell me the moment you sprained your ankle?” I scolded her.

“That? It’s nothing. I can handle it,” she replied and took the tensor bandage from my hand.

“Don’t!” I shouted at her unintentionally and grabbed the bandage from her. “You’ll make it worse,” I whispered, annoyed.

“No I won’t!” she argued back at my face.

“Yes, you will! Stop being so stubborn!”

“You’re stubborn!”

“No I’m not! Don’t ing wrap the bandage!” I raised my voice now as my patience began running thin.

“It’s my body! I can do whatever I want!” she yelled at me.

“Fine. Do what you want,” I hissed at her and rubbed my temples. While I took time to settle down, she stubbornly started to wrap her ankle. Watching her continue only worked to build the annoyance inside me. Bothered by her stubborness, I moved to a better position at her side and without warning, hoisted her up bridal style.

“Yah! Yang Yoseob put me down!” she literally screamed at my ear.

“Stop screaming! You’ll damage my ears!”

“Put me down first!” she squirmed.

“No! We’re going to the hospital!” I say to her as I tightened my hold on her to make sure she doesn’t fall.

“I still have class!” she kicked my side.

“Stop that! Do you want me to drop you?!”

“Yes, I do actually,” she shot me an evil look and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Fine and we can break your spine in the process too,” 

“Yah!! I’m serious put me down! I have class!” she continued to kick my side.

“Arraesso! I’ll put u down,” I finally uttered the words she wanted to hear as we neared my car. True to my words, I gently put her down but I took hold of her wrist before she can run off.

“LET GO OFF MEE!!!” she whined and tried to pry of fingers one by one. Before she got to the last finger, I wrapped my arm around hers and brought her real close to me. I felt her breath at the back of my neck and I froze for a second. Confused at the situation, I stepped back a bit and allowed her some space while I fumbled for my keys at my back pocket. Quickly, I pulled out the metal keys and the square remote then pressed the unlock button. After hearing two consecutive beeping noises, I opened the passenger door. I then blocked Jieun’s path, leaving her no choice but to turn to the direction of the car.

“Yoseob, moveee!!” she pushed me but I didn’t budge.

“No!” I said and advanced forward which in turn caused her to take a step backwards. Seeing her move away suggested to me an idea and the thought of it made me smirk. I continued to move towards her and now placed a hand at the small of her back.

“Wh-what are you doing?” she stuttered which only worked to boost up my confidence. I kept my eyes on her, never breaking our eye contact. Just then, her back hit the roof of the car and my smile grew wider. I placed my free hand on the back of her neck and tilted my head as if I was to kiss her. Slowly, I began to lean in as my eyes left her gaze to look at her moist pink lips. 

 

 

 

Lol, I saw the comments :) sorry, but Daesung has to show up sometime right? Anyway, I hope this chapter makes up for it :P Comment and subscribe pleasee :DD