Chapter 14

Working for Acknowledgement

 

**YOSEOB POV**

“Yoseob-hyung!” I heard a scratchy voice call after me which was then followed by a sniffle. I turned around and saw the giant maknae walking over to me with his eyes shut and his expression perplexed. I took it as a sign to move away before he spreads his bacteria all over me. “ACHOOO!” he explodes and I cringe away in disgust.

“Dongwoon-ah! Cover your mouth if you sneeze!” I lectured the sick guy.

“Sorry hyung,” he wipes his nose with the back of his hand.

“Yah! Use a friggin tissue! That’s gross!”

“Oh…that’s why people have been avoiding me today…” he trailed off. I’m sure that’s not the only reason their avoiding you Dongwoon-ah, I thought in my head as I remembered his previous sneezing incident. “Hyung,” he says to regain my attention. “I’m sick.”

“Yes, I know. But, are your classes over? Why are you here?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Oh… actually, I was supposed to meet up with this girl for our lab together but she told me to go home instead,” he frowned. “She said she didn’t want to get sick so she sent me off. So, I was about to go home but I realized that I don’t have any more change for bus fare…” he trails off and makes eye contact with me. “And then, I found you hyung!” he brightens at the end of his sentence.

“Lemme guess…you want a ride?” I tapped my foot impatiently.

“Aww… how kind of you to offer.” He smiles to me and I opened my mouth about to object. “Now, I don’t want to oppose you so how ‘bout I take that ride?” he sniffs at the end.

“Oh, geez. Whatever, just wait for me then, since I have some errands.” I ended up telling him.

“Really?! Oh my god, hyung you’re really the best! I love youu~!!” he jumps happily and runs to give me a hug. Before I could escape, his long arms have already locked themselves around me. Soon, I was being lifted off of the ground.

“Dongwoon, put me down~!!” I whined and he thankfully complied.

“Sorry, hyung. So are we going now?” he gestures me towards the automatic doors.

“No. If you were listening, you would know. You have to wait for a while. I have some things to do still,”

“Is it going to take long?”

“Depends…”

“Oh… then… can I come?” he says slowly.

“You can’t.” I said with a firm tone

“Oh.”

“Wait here or in the car, your choice,”

“But hyung… I’ll be bored,” he sniffs.

“Too bad.”

“Hyungg~~!”

“You can’t come Dongwoon-ah,” I said yet again.

“Please Yoseob-hyung!!!” he was begging now and I felt slightly guilty.

“Noo… Take the bus if you don’t want to wait,” I threatened him.

“Ughh… fine! I’ll wait for you here.” He says, defeated.

“Sorry, Dongwoonie,” I tried to make it up to him with my aegyo.

“It’s not like I’m a child, hyung. I’m not going to bother you. Can’t you just drag me along?” he pleads.

“I told you, I can’t! I’ll play with you after. Promise,” I linked my pinky with his. “I’m leaving! Don’t wander off while I’m gone.” I waved to him while he plainly stared at me.

When I was a ways off I heard him mutter to himself. “It’s not like I’ll . It’s obvious that he’s meeting Hyuna-noona if he acts like that.” I laughed at his last resort to insults as I walked off to the other direction.

~~~

Coming to the end of the hallway lined with lockers, I took a left turn for the practice rooms. There, I peeked through the brightly lit rooms in hopes of spotting Hyuna. After looking through all of them, I gave up and decided to head somewhere else. I glanced at my watch to make sure that she hasn’t made her way home yet. It was only 4:00 p.m. and so I’m more than positive that she should still be here. Giving it some thought, I figured that if not at the practicing then she would most likely be at the vocal training rooms. I smiled and praised myself for being so smart then paced to the stairway.

Eagerly, I skipped two steps at a time, hoping to arrive at the vocal training rooms as fast as possible. Once I’ve reached the top, I immediately dashed through the hallways, to the vocal section of the building. I instinctively made my way to the innermost room, knowing that Hyuna would more than likely be practicing there. However, before I turned to the corner, I paused to ready myself. I ran my hands through my spiked and recently dyed black hair, feeling the softness of each strand. Then after exhaling a deep breath to calm my system, I tugged on the collar of my jacket and rolled down my sleeves. Finished, I put on my signature smile and turned to the narrow corridor.

Before I even had a chance to take another step, I noticed a figure exiting the innermost room. I shrugged, thinking that it was probably just a stranger who had left something in the room. However as I continued to watch him, I sensed a familiar aura to him. His head was slightly ducked and his hands were kept in his pockets. He had on a beanie, but a few of his blonde strands were peeking out. Also, he was wearing a simple necklace which I vaguely recognize. I tried to get a glimpse of his face but the darkness of the corridor was not working to my advantage. He reached the end of the corner and out of instinct; I hid behind the nearby vending machine. Thankfully, he took a right instead of a left. I clutched my poor heart and came out of hiding. I took another good look of the disappearing man before I went to enter the vocal training room.

 

 

 


 

Happy Thanksgiving ^^ Hope everybody had a good one. :) Comment/subscribe pleasee :D