Chapter 15

Working for Acknowledgement

 

Compared to the corridor before, the vocal room was much brighter and roomy. It much resembled the size of a half bathroom, but nevertheless it was ideal for singing. As you enter the door, immediately you will spot a piano which can be your best friend when it comes to finding the right pitch. This room is probably my favorite and I’m sure everyone knows this as well. In fact, I’ve been here so many times that my things have been left here and no one protests about me keeping it there. However as convenient as it is, this room is not exactly the most comfortable. Unlike the other vocal training rooms, this one is the only one with poor heating. Therefore, a sweater is more than essential.

Silently, I tiptoed towards the piano. There, a girl with long wavy and dark brown hair was sitting with her hands clutched to her head and elbows resting on her knees. I frowned at the sight. She was only wearing a sheer, sleeve-less chiffon top, skinny jeans and her usual heels. With the freezing temperature, she can easily catch a cold. Although I was planning to surprise her, the sight of her in such light clothes made me think otherwise. Instead, I took off my varsity jacket and wrapped it around her.

“Ugh!  What are you-” she grunted but stopped when she saw my confused face. Instantly her annoyed expression turned bright and she stood up immediately, causing the jacket to fall from one of her shoulders. “Oppa!”She exclaimed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Hyuna,” I took in her scent and also wrapped my arms around her waist. I slightly shivered as the cold skin of her arm made contact with the nape of my neck. “Why aren’t you wearing a sweater?” I say to her as she pulled back to meet my face.

“Hmm? Oppa, I thought you said you were busy,” she says with an innocent look on her face.

“My friend said I should go. Hey, don’t try to change the subject!” I scolded her and she pouted in response.

“I’m sorry,” she avoids my gaze

“I just don’t want you to get sick, ok?” I removed one of my arms off of her waist and used a finger to bring her chin up. She looked at my eyes again and gave me a small nod. “Wear my jacket so you won’t catch a cold.”

“What about you, oppa?”

“It’s ok. I’m used to this,” I lied.

“Andwae!” she protested. “We can stay together and share the jacket then,” she said quietly with a slight flush on her cheeks. I chuckled at her silly remark.

“Hyuna, we can’t possibly share the jacket.” I watched as her expression slightly saddened. “But, I think I keep a blanket in here that we can use,” I whispered to her ear, causing her to blush a deeper red. I laughed at her embarrassed reaction and pulled away to look for the blanket. Looking around, I spotted my backpack at the far corner of the room. I grabbed it and reached inside to dig for the fleece blanket. “Here it is,” I say as I pull out the warm, plaid fabric. “Come here,” I stepped forward to Hyuna and wrapped the blanket around her.

“Oppa...” she starts off in a low tone. “We aren’t sharing?” She looked up at me with innocent eyes and I couldn’t help but to give her a small peck.

“You look so cute,” I chuckle and she blushed, looking away.

“Fine, if we aren’t sharing then you should at least take back your jacket,” she grumbled at me as she slips off my jacket and hooks it around me.

“I was just kidding baby,” I brought her face up with my finger and then looked her in the eyes. “I’d love to just stay here with you and help you out, you know that right? But, I have to go with the boys later at 7 and I have to give Dongwoon a ride home.” A sick feeling is working up my system, overpowering me with guilt as I watch her eyes sadden.

“It’s fine oppa,” she tried to smile to convey a happy outlook. However, the small glint in her eyes reflected differently. “Dongwoon-oppa needs you. He’s really sick.”

“Hyuna…” I grabbed her hand while speaking. “Baby, I’m sorry. I promise I’ll make it up to you,” I was now drawing circles on her palm, in efforts of calming her.

“It’s fine, really.” She sighed but refused to look at me still.

“Babe, don’t be like this.” I also sighed. “You know it’s hard for me too,”

“What? Now, I can’t even be upset that I don’t get to spend time with my boyfriend? I’m seriously tired. I’m sorry but I’m just starting to get fed up.” She removed her hand from my grasp and turned to sit in front of the piano. “Just go now oppa. I need to get this done too,” she sighed. I ruffled my hair in frustration as I stared at her back facing me.

“Hyuna…”  All I wanted was to surprise her and we see how great that turned out to be.  She remains with her back turned away from me. “I’m sorry. I’ll leave now so you can do your work,” I sighed. However, instead of heading to the door, I walked towards her direction. Then, I silently I shrugged off my jacket and placed it beside her. “It’s chilly outside. Don’t leave the studio without a jacket,” I say to hear as I turned my back. A slight shuffling of papers was heard but I had not bothered to look. I pulled onto the door and released a sigh. “I’m leaving.” Then, not waiting for a response, I walked off and exited the narrow corridor which I had entered from earlier. 

 

 

 


 

Short update. Sorry if it's bad quality, I had to rush :P . 

>>Comment and subscribe pleasee ^^