d a y s e v e n ❁

Forty-Nine Days

Roses.

 

There’s another thing Kyung really dislikes when it comes to relationships—she hates a lot of things, especially when Xiumin’s romantic side decides to kick in. She hates red roses, only red roses. And from time to time, Xiumin wonders whether he’s dating a guy disguised as a girl.

“But I like blue roses,” Kyung assures him when disappointment shades his face. She lifts her hand to his face and softly caresses his chubby, smooth cheeks.

Xiumin purses his lips. “But…that’s even harder to find. There aren’t blue roses.”

Kyung laughs. “You don’t have to bring me roses, babe.”

“But I want to give you flowers!” Xiumin argues, crossing his arms. They’re currently at the public flower market and Xiumin just decides to bring out his childish side of him in the middle of a public marketplace. He doesn’t even care though. If that’s what it takes for Kyung to give in to his request, he’ll do it.

Some of the people have stopped to look at them, along with some comments about how Xiumin is just so adorable. Kyung rolls her eyes, confused as to how they find a 22-year-old guy acting so immature adorable. Even if she wants to, she can’t stay mad at him. He’s too adorable to not forgive.

Xiumin intertwines his fingers with hers. “Please, Kyung? Please? Please?”

Kyung opens and Xiumin knows she’s never going to let him buy her roses. So, he tries a little harder, even if it means he’s bound to attract more and more onlookers. He will sing in front of her if he has to. Or dance in shame. He doesn’t care.

Kyung bites her lip. Somehow, there are more and more people stopping by to watch them. It makes it a little harder for Kyung to say no.

“I will sing if I have—”

Fine!” Kyung barks, losing her cool. She clutches the strap of her bag tightly and ignores Xiumin’s celebratory dance. Once he got her permission, he immediately runs to buy a bouquet of roses. He chooses a variety of colors: red, white and lavender roses—with each of its meaning, of course.

He spots Kyung almost at the end of the flower market, looking passive as always. The first time he met her, he thinks he’s a person with no life, at all. She always has this docile look on her face—which has been misinterpreted as mean by a lot of people. “My face is naturally like this,” she tells him that one day he asked her out for their third date.

“Ta-dah!”

Kyung wheels around weakly as Xiumin presents her the roses. Disappointment shades her face as she eyes the bouquet head-to-toe.

“Xiumin, I—”

“Let me explain why I bought you three colors of roses,” Xiumin cuts her off, shooting her his famous ‘you can’t resist me’ gummy smile. “I bought red, lavender and white, right? Red roses mean sincere love, respect, courage and passion. That means I really do love you.

“Lavender roses mean love at first sight. I know we’ve seen each other’s faces every single day for the last five years but still… every day is like the first day I laid my eyes on you. I fall in love over and over again. Cheesy, I know. So don’t make comments just yet.

“White because it means that I’m worthy of you. You’re everything to me.” He points to the roses. “There are 33 roses all in all, and it actually means something. It means that I do love you, very, very, very, very much. I can’t express it but I will show it to you, Kyung. No matter what it takes.”

With that, the passive Kyung bursts into tears.