d a y t w e l v e ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Say I love you, only when you mean it and make sure they know you mean it.

 

“I heard about the incident at the airport.”

“Are you mad?”

“No, why should I be?”

“I should’ve been more careful, right?”

“You could die.”

Xiumin doesn’t respond.

“With the great amount of blubbering fans in the airport, they would attempt to do anything just to reach you,” Kyung says passively, but Xiumin detects the hint of anger in her tone. He could always tell when she’s angry or not. The perks of being together for almost five years. “Who knows what they would do. Touch you. Reach out to you. Step on other people just to hold your shirt or pull the end of your jeans. You would suffocate due to the lack of air.”

Xiumin stifles back his laughter.

“And then you could die,” Kyung mumbles.

Xiumin chuckles, shifting closer to Kyung for warmth. It’s almost one in the morning and both of them are still unable to sleep. Xiumin knows that the moment the airport incident happened, Kyung will be pissed. Though she respects his job as an idol singer, he knows she can’t help but worry. The fans get extremely crazy nowadays.

Kyung doesn’t hug back though. She keeps her hands to herself and doesn’t even look at Xiumin in the eyes. She’s definitely mad, he thinks, amused.

“You said you weren’t mad.”

“I wasn’t.”

Xiumin chortles. “Liar.”

“Shut up.”

They both wallow in silence for the next couple of minutes. Xiumin stares off space, images of them together in the future appear inside his mind. Unconsciously, he smiles to himself. “But you know that I love you, right?”

Kyung doesn’t respond.

“I love you so much,” Xiumin whispers, lightly brushing his lips on her forehead. “I love you because I…” he trails off. He tries to come up with one reason on why he does.

“… because I just do,” he concludes. “I love you, Lee Kyung. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you…”

Little does he know, Kyung has fallen asleep before she could even hear it.