d a y t h i r t e e n ❁

Forty-Nine Days

Give random gifts of flowers/candy/poetry etc.

 

He doesn’t like leaving Kyung alone at their flat. It feels as though he’s incomplete. Besides, he can’t bear being away from her for a really long time. Ever since their debut under a well-known, influential company, they have been thrown everywhere. Their schedules are always full. The members gets to go home once—or twice, if lucky—every two weeks or more.

But if it meant travelling from China to Korea or vice versa just to be with Kyung every night, Xiumin is willing to sacrifice everything. Love doesn’t get tired. It perseveres.

So before he left, he leaves behind couple of random gifts—most of it comes from the fans who acknowledge their relationship.

He glances at his watch, his mind drifting back to Kyung. At this very moment, she will wake up. As soon as she’s up, she would get off the bed and stretch while half-asleep. Xiumin thinks it’s amusing to watch so he always attempts to wake up earlier than Kyung.

After stretching, she will notice a piece of paper on top of the bedside table. Last night, Xiumin wrote a poem he came up while they’re practicing. It isn’t that much and the words aren’t even rhymed together. Perhaps, it won’t make sense but Xiumin knows Kyung would love it.

When she gets out of the room, she will see a transparent plastic of candies taped on the door of the bathroom located just across their bedroom. Xiumin imagines her smiling and thinking how silly he could be, leaving candies and taping it on the bathroom door.

She usually washes her face the moment she’s up. Perhaps, she will notice the red rose placed in a flower vase just near the skin care products Kris gave her. She won’t smell it but perhaps, she will think of him. She knows he’s thinking of her.

At the kitchen, while she prepares for her breakfast, she will see another piece of paper taped on the fridge. Xiumin wrote a longer poem this time. With the poem, he tapes a picture of him pouting along with the caption “I miss you.”

And then, when she settles down in the living room, she will give him a call…

“Hey, baby.” Xiumin smiles as he picks up his phone.

“I miss you, too.”

“You saw.”

“Wasn’t that hard.”

“I love you.”

“I love you, too, Kim Minseok.”

Putting the phone down, he looks up only to see Lu Han with a teasing look on his face.

Xiumin rolls his eyes, snorting. “Oh, shut up, Lu Han.”