d a y t w e n t y t w o ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Let her sit on your lap.

 

Their transportation for their fabulous group date is a van that could hold not more than ten people in it. Just this morning, before the guys met up at the place, the van is spacious, minus Lay and Xiumin. However, on their way home, no one actually expects to ride altogether.

And it feels strange to have Kyung and Eun Mi sit with twelve guys. Where do they even sit in the first place?

“We can take the cab though,” Kyung suggests, casting a fleeting look at Xiumin. She saunters to Eun Mi, standing next to her. Eun Mi nods in agreement as she takes Lay’s hand in hers. Seeing this, Kyung adds, “I mean, both of us girls, of course.”

Eun Mi forms a circle with . “Uh, yeah. We’ll meet you guys at the dormitory or something.”

Suho waves his hand, a look of protest visible on his face. “No, no, no!” he argues. “Ride with us and Kris will take you home. It’s fine. The guys can live sitting on each other. I don’t like to see you girls riding a taxi alone.”

Kyung stares at him, trying hard not to laugh. “We’re not exactly alone. We have each other.”

Suho blinks, startled. “Well, I meant… I don’t like it… I mean, both of you are girls and if Xiumin and Lay…”

Eun Mi chuckles. “We’re going to be fine, Suho oppa.”

Gradually, the girls end up in the van. At first, Suho suggests Baekhyun sitting on Chanyeol’s lap, Sehun on Lu Han and Kyungsoo on Jongin. But the six of them completely reject the idea. It’s preposterous, having to sit on someone’s lap. It would feel strange, especially when they’re both guys, too!

Even when Tao offers to let Kyung sit on his lap. Or Eun Mi. Both Xiumin and Lay cast him the darkest look Tao has ever seen.

At the end of the day, Kyung ends up sitting—and napping—on Xiumin’s lap, his chin resting on her shoulder. And Eun Mi on Lay’s. What both of the guys do not notice, however, are the looks of envy from the guys.