d a y f o u r t e e n ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

 

Xiumin would do anything just for his dongsaengs to finally get a girlfriend for themselves. It’s annoying; their frequent teasing, constant nagging and endless pranks never seem to stop at all. Just because he’s the only one who has a girlfriend—Chanyeol has one, too. And so does Lay but Xiumin is the only one really, really whipped—doesn’t mean he gets to suffer.

After the SMTown concert, their group gathers at Suho and Sehun’s shared room in the hotel. The twelve of them squish themselves between one another as they try to fit in. It’s almost three in the morning but they aren’t sleepy. No one is tired.

Maybe because it’s their first SMTown concert and it still feels like a dream. They don’t want to sleep and wake up, only to find out that it’s a nightmare that would never come true.

So to entertain themselves, they poke fun at Xiumin’s relationship with Kyung. They respect both of them, they do. But sometimes, it’s fun to tease Xiumin because he gets really sensitive when they talk about Kyung. It’s as though his overprotective boyfriend mode is on.

Unknown to Xiumin, Tao has called Kyung all the way from China. They’re about to pester Xiumin about his relationship again and the other members want Kyung to hear.

However, they’re very aware of their limits so they try to control it.

“Hyung, what if you find another one here in China?”

Tao presses the loudspeaker button as soon as Kyung answers. Xiumin doesn’t notice though.

Xiumin snorts. “I won’t. I’m loyal, okay?”

“But what if she’s really, really pretty?” Chanyeol asks. “Prettier than Kyung noona.”

“No one can be as pretty as her.”

Kai feigns a disgusted look. “Oh, God. You’re so whipped.”

“And you’re not?” Xiumin spats back. “You’re practically gaga about Jun Hee.”

“Ah, hyung! Don’t drag her into this!”

Xiumin scoffs. “Don’t drag Kyung into this.”

“Are you sure that she’s the one, hyung?” Baekhyun asks with a hint of teasing in his tone. “Maybe you’re the only one thinking that. She could be thinking the opposite. You never know.”

Kris decides to join in. “Yes, because Kyung is a very unpredictable woman.”

“You never know what she’s thinking,” Kyungsoo teases. “Unless she tells you.”

That’s it. “Oh, God! Cut it off, you guys! Jung Kyung is the only one I want. And that’s final, okay?”

Their jaws drop, surprised by his sudden outburst. All of a sudden, Kyung breaks into a fit of giggles, breaking the silence. Xiumin, on the other hand, could only stare at Tao’s phone, flashing and showing Kyung’s face.

She heard everything.