d a y t h i r t y ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

The proposal

Xiumin wakes up a little early, sliding out of Kyung’s arms as quiet as possible. Glancing over his shoulder, he tiptoes out of the room without waking Kyung up. This is the day and he plans to make it extra special. Last night, he was exhausted. Very exhausted. But he doesn’t care. He is the one who suggested extra practice hours for him so he won’t have to come in the next day.

Of course, everyone is aware of why he prefers to take the day off. They all know about his relationship anyway.

He pulls out the ingredients he bought last night—thanks to Lu Han and Kris who suffered just to help him get all what he needs—and starts cooking.

When Kyung wakes up two hours later, she’s startled to see an overly prepared, adorned breakfast table by the kitchen. When she gazes at her right, there stands Xiumin with a bouquet of flowers and a seemingly, velvet box in his hand. She blinks.

“What…?”

Xiumin strolls to her, looking shy and apprehensive. This is it, he thinks. He glues his eyes on hers and he doesn’t tear away, nor does he even plan to. This is it. And he’s going to ask her to marry him. Perhaps.

He bends on one knee and gazes at her. “Lee Kyung,” he calls her name, leaving her breathless. Inhaling deeply, he continues, “Every day with you is a challenge. Normally, I would have given up if I knew the path isn’t going to be easy. But with you and for you, I can do anything.

“So, I would like to know”—he holds the box up to her and opens it, revealing a white gold diamond necklace—“if you’re willing to wait until I am able to provide you everything you need and spend your entire lifetime with me.”

Kyung’s eyes start filling with tears. “I…”

“And I would like to add,” he continues, “that if you agree to this proposal, I will never, ever let you go.”

Kyung chuckles shortly, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. “You stupid jerk, of course I would be willing. I never plan to let go of you, too. You’re mine, and only mine.”

Screw ruthless trainings. If it means forever with Kyung, every day will be worth it.


i was gonna make sequel but i decided not to bc there would be no more plot to elaborate.

however, the last chapter will be focused on the wedding. it's not that long but i hope you guys will enjoy it. pls wait for it!!!

to the 114 subscribers, thank you for sticking by. it has been a good journey x o