d a y t w e n t y f o u r ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Make excuses to call them every 5 minutes.

 

“Hyung would you please?”

Xiumin doesn’t hear.

“Hyung.”

No.

Hyung.”

Xiumin looks up. He appears surprised as though it’s the first time he hears Chen talk. For the past hour, he’s been but calling Kyung every five minutes. He’s hanging out at the dormitory while Kyung is away and busy working at that bakery shop. She tells him that she’d probably go home late because of reports she has to do right after.

And now he misses her.

His sudden appearance in their dormitory scares the living daylights out of the guys. As soon as he arrives, Kris notices how he’s sick as a parrot. The guys come up with crazy ideas like Kyung died or got into an accident—or maybe, she left him, earning a growl from Xiumin.

“But really, hyung,” Chen tells him. “You look so down.”

Xiumin purses his lips. “I just miss her, okay?”

“Why would you miss her?” Kris asks in disbelief. “You just saw her this morning. And you’ve been calling every five minutes for the past hour!”

“I miss her, okay!” Xiumin sulks. “You guys don’t understand.”

Lu Han rolls his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, because we don’t have girlfriends, you say?”

Xiumin nods too honestly. “And now, she’s not answering my calls.”

Kris scoffs. “Why would she? You’re calling her every five minutes. She wouldn’t think twice rejecting it because you’re already bothering her.”

“But I just—”

“Just shut up already, Kim Minseok, or I’ll wushu you out of the dorm.”

Xiumin blinks, knocked for six at the maknae who just called him by his real name without honorifics. Really, if only he isn’t Kyung’s favorite out of the group, Xiumin would have kicked his already.