d a y t w e n t y e i g h t ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Dedicate songs to them on the radio.

Asking a favor to his sunbaes could have been the most difficult thing he has to go through. Profusely sweating, he approaches their room with a memorized speech in his head and an extra towel tucked inside his pockets for emergency use.

When Xiumin sees them, he immediately does a 90-degree bow.

“Good evening, sunbae!” Xiumin greets them.

Kim Ryeowook and Lee Sungmin of Super Junior look surprised to see him in their room. Usually, the newer artists of their company would be at the practice room, rehearsing and running through different dance choreographies for more future performances. In Xiumin’s case, he needs to do this.

And if it doesn’t succeed, he can always cry to Chen who’s waiting outside.

“Good evening, Minseok-ssi!” Ryeowook greets back, waving cheerily. “It’s nice to see you here.”

Sungmin chuckles. “And a little surprising, too.”

“What can I do for you?”

Xiumin wipes the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand. “Uh, I know this is… but I really just want to do this for someone special,” he explains, stammering. “I want to dedicate a song. A special song for her.”

Sungmin’s mouth forms an O. “Ooh, a girlfriend?”

Xiumin turns red. “A…ah, sunbae, it’s n-not… I m-mean…”

Ryeowook giggles. “It’s okay, Minseok-ssi,” he says, patting his shoulder. “We’ll keep it a secret. And sure, we can do that. But we can choose the songs, right? I bet you’re going to thank us after this. We’re pretty experts on that kind of thing.”

Xiumin bows again, thanking them for the umpteenth time.

Hours later, he receives a call from her while they’re practicing. It’s been a long night and Xiumin isn’t feeling all cheery and happy, especially since their dance instructor had just embarrassed him in front of other trainees. But when he receives the call, his world immediately lights up.

“Thank you, baby. I love you.”

He owes it to both Ryeowook sunbae and Sungmin sunbae.