d a y f i v e ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Hold hands

 

Xiumin remembers Kyung telling him that she’s never one to show public display of affection. That’s because she’s never had a boyfriend before Xiumin, and she’s lucky enough to find him. She doesn’t have that much and experience and she almost cried that 3rd anniversary celebration.

“Am I supposed to touch you while we do it, too?” Kyung asks quietly—and very timidly, he might add—that night when she tells him she’s ready. It was quite a memory, and probably his favorite, too. Everything felt so perfect. It’s as though she’s truly meant for him.

It’s a rare event for Kyung to come and visit the guys’ dormitory. Kyung is always available during weekends, except for those times when she offers to volunteer at the bakery shop, but Xiumin protests at the idea of her coming due to the guys’ demands.

In fact, for the entire five years Xiumin and Kyung dated, the guys only got to see her four times for the last four years. They even chose Xiumin as the most selfish hyung among the group. Kyung could only laugh in response.

When they arrive at the dorm, the guys already gather at the door, aching to give Kyung their warmest welcome. After almost a year, they are finally going to see her again. They could only watch Kyung change through pictures—which happens rarely since they find it difficult to steal and browse through Xiumin’s phone. He’s too secretive when it comes to his phone.

As soon as both Kyung and Xiumin steps inside their dormitory, she is welcomed by a group of warm, overfriendly young men who act as though they haven’t seen her for years. Well, they did really not see her for almost a year. Meanwhile, Kyung doesn’t expect this kind of greeting.

On the other hand, Xiumin stands cagily behind Kyung, an arm around her waist. The moment he steps foot in their dormitory, Xiumin feels something bad is going to happen. He has a lot of rivals fighting for Kyung’s attention now.

“Noona!” Tao runs up to her, freely wrapping his arms around her as though Xiumin isn’t even there. Being the third maknae of the group has its advantages, too. Since Kyung only knows the Chinese members more than the Koreans, she shows more of her side to them.

It takes Xiumin respect for his dongsaeng to not pull him roughly from her. Besides, Xiumin never publicly displays his affection for her while the guys are around.

Just then, he grabs her hand and intertwines it with his.

The guys, in response, go crazy.