d a y t w e n t y o n e ❁

Forty-Nine Days

 

Buy her a ring.

The gold ring twinkles against the lights, enclosed in a glass case. It seems to be talking to him, convincing for him to buy it already and give it to her.

After a week of being home, he finds himself working and doing live performances again with the guys. It feels too fast that he didn’t even enjoy the entire time with her, with the guys being the typical ers. It was hard to get her all alone.

While they are on their way to the hotel, their manager stops by the jewelry shop to complete an errand. Few of them, Lay, Xiumin and Lu Han, join their manager to do a little sightseeing. Besides, if they stay, who knows what prank Chen would pull on them.

The ring appears thin, probably around 1 or 2 mm. There are three white gold diamonds, the biggest one on the center, and the other two smaller diamonds on each side. It reminds him of the number twenty-one on the list: buying her a ring.

He pats his pocket, unsure if his money would be able to cut it.

Wedding rings nowadays are expensive. And with his recent career boost, he’s going to need few more years to earn more money for it.

“Are you going to buy her a ring?” Lay asks.

Xiumin shrugs. “Planning to. But it’s expensive.”

“I’m planning to buy one, too.”

“The problem is the money.”

Xiumin forces a chuckle. “I know.”

But someday, I’ll buy her one. I’m sure of it.