TWENTY SIX

Wish You Were Not Here

Jung Yunho

No other announcements made. No warnings been made, and no police were notified. Only the private detective knew about my mission of searching for Changmin.

And when I say private detective, there was one particular person that popped inside my mind. You guessed it, Cho KyuHyun. I didn't directly give the case to him, but words spread around I think.

It was because now he was sitting there in my office, looking as smug and arrogant as Changmin would when he met me. I thought that since they were very close, they were raised in the same way. They even looked at me in the same way. I cringed.

"Why don't you ask me?" his voice was confident of something. I could hear the pulsation in my ears.

"Ask about why?"

"You knew in the first place that I would be the first person who would knew where the hell he went,"

I didn't answer; instead I sat down on my chair and checked my hand phone. No one from the detective agency that I'd hired gave me anything. I looked at KyuHyun, sometimes I saw Changmin in that smirk.

"What do you think?"

"What?" I replied impatiently. "I'd hired someone else. I don't want you here."

"He's with that kid."

"What kid?"

"Last time I saw them at the kid's college and they weren't in a good term." KyuHyun said calmly and there were storm raging inside my heart. I tried to control my breathing but I was already having shortness of breath when I was reminded of that kid. "Their story is going to start soon, I guess." I stayed silent. "I knew it would be hard for you to gather everything right now but Changmin is courting the kid again,"

He can't do that, can he? What about me?

"You've let him go once and for all, and you're getting married with someone else. I don't see that Changmin wouldn't see that as a chance." my chest was burning. I glared at KyuHyun and the sneer lingered, mocking me at my lowest point. I cleared my throat and tried my best to remain as calm as possible.

"Did Changmin ask you to do this?" he shook his head.

"No, I was just trolling you. Changmin had never seen me anymore since he lived elsewhere. But he didn't have to know that,"

"Did you...just told me that he lived with that kid?" he cocked his brows.

"No. He lived with someone else, an equally young boy." KyuHyun said as he checked his nails. Well, pretended to. I was shocked. Who was that person who dared to come near Changmin?

"What's his name?"

"Why do you want to know? Do you like to interfere?" I glared at KyuHyun. He obviously knew something. Did Changmin tell him about the kid and my relationship with him? What if he tells the world about it? I was starting to sweat. I felt cold suddenly.

"Whatever you're thinking. I didn't do it for Changmin..."

"What exactly was the boy for you and Changmin? I expected something big going on between the three of you. Changmin had never been this dishevelled since the appearance of the boy." he smirked and I really felt like punching him. I thought this was only between us. If it was known by KyuHyun, which meant Changmin bragged about it.

He stood up and went to the glass wall.

"In case you're wondering, Changmin didn't say anything to me. But your behaviour told me something was wrong. Suddenly Changmin was really interested in this boy who was way younger than both of them, suddenly they were always together arguing about something, suddenly they were talks of power and sudden change in Changmin's mind. What concerned me more was the fact that you're getting married,"

"It's completely different from what you're thinking..."

"Oh what a bull-ish you're trying to pull there. Do you think I'd believe it? Why would you let someone in your life? Looking at you now and compared it to the older you, they were damn different,"

"Your words are very vulgar."

"The point here is...don't try to interfere with Changmin's life ever again."

"He's my cousin, what do you care?"

"I'm his best friend. I care about him a lot even when he thought the world was against him."

I stayed silent. I bit my lower lip. KyuHyun smiled again, maybe feeling pretty proud of himself. I rubbed my forehead and hung my head low.

"So? What do you want now? Apart from me leaving him alone? Do you want me to kill myself too?"

"I wish I could. But you're such a bastard and someone could have kill you because of that soon," he smirked. "I just wanted to tell you to stop this."

"What?"

"That kid that Changmin liked and his best friend were bullied in college," my eyes felt like popping out of their sockets. "Yes, it's true. Changmin knew about it and he wanted to solve it his way. I didn't meet him yet because I knew he would not want to seek your help."

"What do you mean bullied?"

"Bullied like in third class bullied. They were being hit and chased around the school. They were unable to sit peacefully in class without being harassed. There was a time when they were severely hit that both of them needed to be sent to the hospital."

"And Changmin knew about this?"

"He had a reason to not be here. He was in a conflict with his father, that's what ego did to you. That's why he wouldn't come back to the company or seek police for help. The police would direct him back to where he didn't belong. His house."

"You want me to help him?"

"He wouldn't. So yes, I'm asking you a favour. Please use your power to stop the bullying."

"But Jaejoong..."

"I knew about him too. He refused to tell anyone about his real status." KyuHyun rolled his eyes. "I bet, if he did, people wouldn't dare to even look at him let alone hit him like they did now."

"Why?"

"People have their own reasons, I guess. But I agree that Changmin had been an idiot. But oh he was so head over heels for the kid, so never mind."

"..." I balled both of my fists. Who dared to touch Jaejoong? Who dared to hit him?

"And in case you're wondering why they were bullied..." KyuHyun cracked his fingers and his expression turned really serious. "It was because the whole college knew about Jaejoong and his affair with a guy. His best friend was bullied because he was close to Changmin. Well, in short, they were bullied because they were gay,"

***

Damn it!

I couldn't think well after that. What the hell happened to my composure I didn't care anymore. No one was not allowed to lay a finger on him. No one was allowed to live if they hurt Jae.

It wasn't Jae's fault. He didn't deserve this. He wasn't the bad guy. I am.

When I arrived at the college, it was already quite dark. I got out of the car, searching fruitlessly for Jaejoong and his best friend. The college's area was big. When I sat down back in my car, I realised what a fool I'd been. What was I thinking? I would never been able to find him here if I do this blindly!

I sighed. I wondered inside the college for a while and saw a poster.

Actually, it wasn't really a promotional poster. It was a bullying poster, and it featured Jaejoong and Junsu. I gasped when I saw the picture of Jaejoong with a guy who’s the face was blurred.

'Kill these faggots.'

I observed the guy beside Jae and I knew immediately it was me. When was this? I put a hand on his face, trying to remember where the picture was taken.

Aaaah...I remembered now. It was when Jae tried to bring me to the hotel last time and when...

Oh crap. That's how they jumped into conclusions!

. Now he's in a real deep . And it's all because of me.

I ripped the poster away and threw it into the garbage. I was infuriated again even though it was my own fault. I couldn't do anything. I didn't even know what course he was in. I didn't even know how well he did here. Worse, I didn't even know his phone number so I had not had the chance to reach out for him. What kind of a man am I, chasing around the boy that I like without having the decency to even ask for his phone number. Wasn't that was the first thing that a guy would do when he saw a girl that he likes?

Maybe Jaejoong was different. And I was being dumb when I met him because I always acted according to my heart when I was with him and not my head.

I swung my legs and tried to keep calm. Someone, if only I could find someone who knew about Jaejoong...

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw Ara's name. I picked it up.

"What do you want?" I sounded angry and I hated it.

"Yunho-ah..."

"What?" please talk faster! I am dying here! I have enough problems now to deal with other than this phone call!

I found myself walking really quickly to the car as the phone glued to my ear. I fumbled in my pocket to find the Bluetooth earphone and stuck it to my other ear. I started the car and waited for Ara yet again.

"Your dad and my dad had come to a conclusion. They're forwarding the date for our marriage."

"What?" I looked at the dashboard, trying to search for any date. I counted it myself. "It's not decided yet."

I am still not deciding whether I wanted to marry you or not yet.

"Yes, I know. But something came up."

"What is it?"

"Can we wait until you come home so that we can talk?" Ara said and was welcomed with my grunts. I could hear Ara gasped.

"I'll see you then." I immediately pushed the red button and ruffled my hair. "Aish...!"

***

When I finished driving around all the roads that were there and found nothing, I drove my way back home. But before I returned, I went to Changmin's house. I entered it and swiftly I made my way to the garden, and encountered Shim Byuhee. He was drinking his off. I took a brief look at my watch. It was almost 10.

"Hey," he shouted at me when I wanted so desperately for him to not notice me. As a respect for the elderly, I stopped walking but I wouldn't be patient for long. He sat up and smiled sheepishly at me. He looked really drunk.

"Where's Changmin? Is he back yet?" I asked in the most respectful manner that I could muster without yelling profanities at him.

"Well, maybe he was ing girls outside," I snorted. Girls? Please. He's head over heels for a boy five years younger than him! "Why do you come here?"

I ignored him and climbed the stairs to get into Changmin's room. I had to find clues on where Changmin was living right now. I thought that maybe he would leave some trace in his room. I found nothing except for the birthday card from Junsu, Jaejoong's best friend gave him.

Why was I so dumb before? Of course Changmin was there with Junsu!

Without further ado, I rushed out of Changmin's house and to my car. I sped to the coffee shop where Junsu was still working.

He wasn't here. I went to the manager's room and found SeungHyun was sipping his regular green tea. He nearly choked when I entered; maybe it was because I didn't knock. Well, who cares? He's my best friend anyway.

"SeungHyun-ah...something came up. Can I know the address of one of your employee?" he put his tea down and stared at me.

"Jaejoong..."

"I'm not here for his address. I knew that already, I want Junsu's address?"

"Junsu?"

"Kim Junsu. His best friend with the , Junsu-ssi!"

"Oh...Junsu..."

"Yes, him. Do you have his address?" SeungHyun looked at his computer on the table. He tapped something on the keyboard and scratched his head.

"I'll tell you. But I don't want you to tell him that I gave you his address, it was supposed to be a secret."

"Whatever." I read the address and thanked SeungHyun. His house was actually quite near but Junsu still had to take a bus home. I quickly memorised it and dashed outside to the car.

My heart was racing as I learnt that I would meet with Changmin again after his runaway. I was upset too because I hated it that his parents didn't care that much about him. I despised his father especially. He did nothing for Changmin and he's back without any particular reason.

But at least he didn't force Changmin to marry someone without his consent.

Arrghh...now I remembered Ara. She told me to inform her back if I had settled down. Well, it's going to be very late. Like, very late.

I sighed. Finally I arrived at the address and checked the name at the front gate. Kim. Okay. I am at the right place.

I rang the bell. Twice. And when I wanted to press the bell for the third time the door opened.

"Who are you looking for?" he was a teenage boy, he looked like Junsu but a bit...

"Is this Kim Junsu's house?" I asked, my legs were itching to run into the house and find Changmin. The boy looked at me and creased his brows.

"Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of Kim Junsu." okay, let's just be honest here. If anything, being honest would let me into the house. "Well, the truth is I'm his employer's friend. I need to discuss about something with him."

"Mr Choi's friend?"

"Yes. Definitely." the boy hesitantly smiled and opened the gate.

"Sorry, I didn't...umm..."

"It's okay. Is Junsu home?"

"Yes." then his expression turned to contempt but later on composed back. "Please come in, Junsu is in his room, I'll tell him that you are here,"

"Oh thank you but no thank you. But can I just go into his room, because...I wanted to surprise him about a new job offer," the boy's face lit up and his smile widened. "Just...we've been close..." well played, Jung. Now stop. You're going to bring out the suspicions again.

"O--kay," the boy nodded and later I was standing in the hallway. He used his thumb to gesture the way to Junsu's room and actually his room was outside of the house, like at the other side. It was like a Japanese house. It was small. I thanked the boy and slowly I followed him there and he opened the door for me.

As soon as I peeked in, I saw a very familiar body was crouching in a very suspicious way towards a boy a bit smaller than him.

I screamed when suddenly I heard both of them screaming and shouting.

"Junho!" I turned and saw that both of them had jumped away from each other like rabbits. "Why did you bring him here?"

It was Junsu, the boy with the proud duck . He looked beaten and weak. Next to him was the person I was searching these past few weeks. Shim Changmin.

I've found you.

A/N now that Yunho had find Changmin, what will happen? will Yunho be so pissed off, and what will be the reaction of Changmin?

what exactly Junsu and Changmin were doing when Yunho entered? haha~

anyway, hello minna-sama! i hope you guys are having a really fine day! i am so happy that finally i had a way to end this fic and I finally had decided who Jae likes and stuffs. soo...please look forwards towards the ending even though I don't know if it will satisfy everyone or not??

well, now everything had been said, I just like to announce that I would be writing a new story, featuring Changmin as the main character ( and actually my bias was Jaejoong, but Min was close enough behind him ) and the setting was peri lawsuit. Please look forward and give some love to it! but it won't be up until the story has his title and poster, heh...

thank you very much for reading!!! i love you guys!!