FIFTEEN

Wish You Were Not Here

Kim Jaejoong

I watched the tall man left us until he had disappeared from us before I pushed Yoochun away from me. He watched me, a playful smile lingered on his lips.

"What about him?" he asked, totally excited to dig my story.

"What about him?" I shrugged.

"I had to pretend to be your boyfriend, okay?" he pouted. "Do you know how it will affect my reputation?"

"What about my reputation then?" I argued and he laughed. He hit me lightly on the shoulder and sat down on the bench.

"You are still in college..."

"And you're not? Stop talking like an old idiot!" I scolded him. He laughed even harder when I pouted and huffed. He took my ice cream for me and it before he bit a big chunk of it.

"Ah! It's cold!" he shut his eyes tightly fighting the brain freeze that overwhelmed him. I giggled. He had never ceased to make me laugh. Since we've been friends when we were five years old I had never had a day without a laugh if he's by my side, except when we were having a fight. He was my brother, I thought of him as that because I had no other siblings in my family. He however had a brother three years younger than him but we weren't close. I adore him, I really do but we rarely hang out together. "You're still the same as ever,"

"Wae?"

"You like ice cream in the cold like this,"

"It wasn't cold. It was just chilly." I defended myself.

"But..." he looked at the tin under my feet which was the victim of Changmin just then. "What's your relationship with that hyung?"

"Nothing."

"I pretended to be your boyfriend, Jae. Cut me some slack." I sighed. He was making a face and I laughed again.

"He was a bully." I said, just to satisfy him but I knew it wasn't enough. I bit a small chunk of my ice cream.

"He bullies you? Is he in college with you? How come I never seen him before?"

"It's a long story."

"Make it short."

"Yoochun-ah..." I sighed. I really hated to talk about my life here because it but Yoochun kept pouting pushing me to tell him anyway.

"Well, if you don't want..." he sprang on his feet and started to walk towards the direction where Changmin left.

"Where you're going?"

"Follow him!" he laughed when I shouted at him to not do it. "It's no fun staying here, come on!"

So I ended up following Yoochun. He was smiling the whole way and sometimes I had to run to catch up with him. And then after five minutes of constant jogging, we met him again. He was waiting in front of a food stall.

"Ah!" he pointed his finger towards Changmin. Changmin bought a handful of potato wedges and continued walking while eating. "Let's go!"

We went incognito following Changmin behind. He didn't even notice that both of us are trailing him. He was eating the wedges like they were his last meal. His head was looking at all direction and he didn't smile quite often at the passer-by. He was tall compared to the other people around him. I didn't know why I felt proud of his height. No one was that extraordinary. We were walking slowly behind him who had now finished his wedges. He threw the rubbish and suddenly he turned around. Yoochun pulled me and we hid behind a stall. My heart was running so fast I thought I was dying. Yoochun grinned at me and started to follow Changmin when he realised there's no one suspicious.

"You know, he's handsome." Yoochun commented as he paid the price of a newspaper from a boy who was selling them in front of a convenience store.

"Why are you telling me that?"

"He's interested in you. Why don't you give him a chance?"

"Yoochun-ah...do you think I'm gay?" I hit his shoulder. Yoochun laughed and pouted.

"If not, you wouldn't admit that I'm your boyfriend,"

"I was trying to get away, dammit!"

"Still..." we were hitting the main road now. I could see Changmin in the middle of the crowd, standing prettily and proud of himself. One could say he was arrogant by the way he walked and how he confidently brought himself anywhere he went. "But why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to run from him?"

"I told you. It's a long story."

"I told you then. Make it short."

"I don't want to." my face blushed, I could feel it. Yoochun stared at me.

"He's gay too? Or just some hyung that wanted to do erted things to you?" suddenly Yoochun sounded protective. Well, there are cases about older men tried to seduce me and make me do things I didn't want to. Yoochun didn't like them one bit. He also knew that I hadn't decided on which side I wanted to spend my life loving, and he waited patiently for me to open up voluntarily. He was as straight as a ruler, he had a couple of girlfriends back at Jeju and he had his experiences too in . It was only me who didn't want to explore that side of life. I knew what was holding me back, Yoochun knew about it too but we chose not to talk about it. The last time we did, I couldn't stop crying and Yoochun had had a hard time to convince me that I would be alright again.

He arrived at the coffee shop where I used to work. Junsu told me that he still worked there to gain more money for his expenses in college. He was quite devastated when I told him that I wanted to quit the job, but didn't stop me from doing it. He respected my decision and thought it would be good for us to meet again in college. Yoochun also going to attend the same college but he didn't take the same course as me and Junsu. Junsu still didn't know that Yoochun was already here in Seoul. He only knew of Yoochun because of my stories. I didn't know if he wanted to meet Yoochun or not because he didn't comment on anything when I told him about Yoochun. I think between both of us we still had a wall that we need to break down. I still didn't tell him the real truth about my relationship, the things that only me and Yoochun knew.

"Junsu-yah!" I lifted my head when suddenly I heard Changmin called out that name. Yoochun immediately grabbed my arm and made us seat at a bench and pretended to read the newspaper to hide our faces.

I extended my neck and saw Junsu came out of a corner. He smiled at Changmin and the taller guy scoffed even though he looked quite pleased when Junsu acknowledged him rather than being scared like before. Did their relationship improve when I'm not by Junsu's side? I felt myself wondering the fact that maybe Changmin acted nicely with Junsu because he regretted for being such a jerk to me.

"Yah, your duck is showing!" Changmin yelled and made Junsu's face turned red. I heard Yoochun beside me laughed silently. He sure was having a good time. "Why don't you serve me a good coffee?"

"That's harassment!" Junsu yelled back and continued to tie his apron's ribbon behind his waist. Changmin jumped behind him and pulled his hands making Junsu yelped.

"Hey, let me do this!" Changmin suddenly gotten very excited when Junsu flailed his hands to avoid Changmin's hand from touching his .

"No! Changmin-ssi, please leave me alone!"

"Your didn't allow me too," Changmin said nonchalantly. Junsu slapped his hand again.

"You're harassing me."

"Oh. You li-" but he didn't complete the sentence when Junsu ignored him and entered the coffee shop looking quite dishevelled with a face as red as tomato.

"Do you want to come into the shop too?" I asked Yoochun when he rose. I pulled his hand when he nodded.

"Don't you want to know?" he pulled his hand back and folded the newspaper. He grinned at me and I ended up following him inside. We took a seat which was nearer to the exit than Changmin's so that it would be easier for us to run if anything happen. We saw Changmin teased Junsu but Junsu had somehow gotten used of it. What shocked me the most was when Junsu served him coffee, he sat together with Changmin.

"He so much and now he was chatting with him?" Yoochun whispered to me. I grinned at him and shrugged. Changmin and Junsu were talking about something and the next second Changmin was laughing so hard while clapping his hands. Junsu looked embarrassed but he managed to still smile. Then they talked again and sometimes Junsu would laugh when Changmin said something.

I think their relationship really improved when I wasn't around.

We watched them for a while when suddenly Yoochun patted the back of my hand.

"Who is he?"

"Who?" I asked back.

"You know who. The duck ." I snorted but Yoochun was serious.

"Oh, it's Junsu. Remember that friend I was close to in college?"

"Ah~" he nodded. "Well, he's cute."

"Yoochun-ah, don't." I gave him a strict look. He laughed silently.

"What? I dig that ."

"That is harassment."

"That guy obviously was proud of his ," I shook my head. I wanted to laugh at Yoochun's joke but I wanted to be on Junsu's side so I just let out a small sigh.

"I used to work with Junsu before college and we were still good friends,"

"Why don't you tell me anything about him?"

"Why? Do you want to know?" Yoochun shrugged. I wanted to ask more but his attention was more to Junsu than me so I just shut my mouth. Changmin already finished the doughnuts that he ordered with the coffee that Junsu made for him. Junsu was laughing now like it didn't matter who was in front of him.

Finally Yoochun got bored and asked me to just go out of the coffee shop. I stood up and followed him. I was careless when my foot caught up with the chair and I fell down. Crap! I'm in serious crap right now.

I could feel a killing aura behind me. I turned around and saw Changmin was towering over me. I felt the need to scream but I suppressed it. I spun around and stood up. Changmin grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"Let me..." I shouted.

"How many times do you want to say that words when you're with me? Let me go? Do you think I had had enough of it?"

"I have my boyfriend here!" I shouted again and suddenly the atmosphere inside the coffee shop was quiet. I looked around and realised everyone in the coffee shop was staring at me. I looked at Changmin, he noticed it too. Quickly he protectively put his arm around me and brought me outside. 

"Are you going to just stare?" he yelled. He dragged me outside and let my wrist go. I nearly tripped on my own feet when he pushed me.

"Jaejoong!" I heard Yoochun called out to me. Changmin who was in front of me was serious. He wasn't smirking like he always did.

"Why are you like this?" Changmin sounded angry. I took a step back.

"Wh-what?"

"Do you seriously hate me after all I've done?" I shook my head. "Then why are you running away from me?"

"I'm not running away,"

"You ing did." he said sternly. His glare scared me.

"Hey, hey. Back off okay?" Yoochun came and pulled my shoulder. He pushed me so that he was standing in front of me and he was facing Changmin. "He's my boyfriend-"

"What bull. You think I would fall for that? I know who you are, Park Yoochun," Yoochun seemed shocked. "I've read about you."

Yoochun and I exchanged glances.

"It's not your business to meddle here, Park Yoochun." Yoochun glared at him but didn't say anything. I pushed Yoochun gently to the side. "Yunho is getting crazy,"

"Why do you want to tell me that?" I asked him and I felt Yoochun put a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

"Who's Yunho?" Yoochun suddenly sounded serious. He was in protective mode. I glanced at him for a while and back at Changmin. 

"He's losing his mind because of what you did. You should be responsible." I bit my lower lip. Yunho, even the name disturbed my sanity. I would rather be called mental by now if ever I give way to Yunho to do what he wanted.

"What is he talking about, Jae?" Yoochun inquired me but I couldn't answer. What answer could I give? What was the real answer?

"And I figured you are a fraud, Park Yoochun. I mean..." Changmin aimed at Yoochun. His glare was frightening. "You're not his real boyfriend."

"I am!" Yoochun took my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed back and nodded.

"Well, can you explain who Kim Hyun Joong was?"

I felt the blood left my head almost instantly. Even Yoochun's grip on my hand became loose. My knees felt weak. No. Please. Not that name.

A/N who is this Kim Hyun Joong in uri Jaejoong's life?

aaaahhhh...sorry for not updating earlier, but I managed to update two chapters tonight! so relieved! do you like Yoochun up until now? well, you will see a lot more of him later in the story because i like Yoochun so much!

thank you for reading and subscribing and commenting! your support really meant so much to me! *bows down*