ONE

Wish You Were Not Here

Kim Jaejoong :

It was only a month after high school. My family was this rich family that had to move out of Jeju island because our business had been this profitable. We were able to survive in Seoul, that was what Appa said to me when I argued with him about leaving Jeju. Umma didn't say a thing. Why should she when everything was smooth according to plan? She was now a succeed woman with a rich and handsome husband, with a son, too. And that would be me.

I was in my room when Appa told me about us moving to Seoul. I didn't have much here, because by hook or by crook I would leave my family soon for college so where my parents were living wouldn't matter much to me. But I would miss my friend. I would definitely miss Yoochun and the big tree behind our house.

And here I am, in Seoul. I am in my room, where it was in a penthouse that was thirty two storeys high up in the air. I always hated heights, but I could tolerate it. My room had a balcony where the scene was quite spectacular. I leaned my head on one side, and as my cheek rested on my hands that was on the balcony I wondered what this big city had for me in store. Of course I would never want to depend on my parents forever.

***

My hobby is shopping.

Due to the lack of attention from my parents since we moved to Seoul, I decided to get a job. It was a pretty decent job, where I could get extra allowance and blend in with the Seoul crowd. It wasn't that hard to get a job, I think the manager of the coffee shop I was working at had a crush on me. It was obvious because his gaze was glued to me since he called me into his office. I was offered the job right away.

Now I was working in a coffee shop. I made coffee and served doughnuts to the customers, and happily be pretty for them too. The manager was also there watching me from afar. I didn't quite get his name but they all here called him Mr Choi. The atmosphere in this shop was somewhat very cool and friendly instead of being busy most of the time. I smiled at Mr Choi who was at the corner table; he was like a big bear who was trying to pry one of his customers. Somebody was talking to him and sometimes his charismatic eyes flashed at me like stars. I returned his smiles, but never once I neglected my work. I had to give him a good impression. It's not like I was going to work here forever, I was just trying to be on his nice side.

I was tasked at the front line, where people ordered their coffee, with a really nice boy, Kim Junsu. He had the same family name as me, and we were the same age too. He was here first by one year, so he kind of helped me a lot with it. He wanted to save money for his education and he did ask me why I worked part time. I told him that I love shopping and he just laughed. Well, part of it was true. But there was something else to it, too but sweet Junsu didn't have to know.

I said thank you to my last customer, a teenage girl with a pony hair and a bright smile. It was already late at night and Junsu's face showed that he was tired for all the work. We chatted a bit about him wooing a friend back at his high school but failed. I pitied him, he was sweet and innocent. He could really be a source of happiness of someone. He laughed at his silliness.

"So, who do you really like, Jaejoong-ah?" I raised my brows.

"Uhh...no one, actually," Junsu smirked.

"Really? How could someone like you..."

"Someone like me? What about someone like me?"

"Well, you are the type of guy that could easily get what they wanted," True, I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't get what I should desire, be it a girl or a guy. I know by this age, I should have being really thoughtful and sure but...

It's just coldness that I felt every time emotions tried to take control of me. There was a whole lot more in this world to be discovered rather than just dragged by someone in the name of love. I knew my presence in this world was for something else other than to fulfil my obligation as an obedient son. I just couldn't see what, yet.

"Do you have girlfriend, Junsu?" I asked, diverting our topic somewhere else.

"No." Junsu shook his head. Damn, he was cute just by doing that. "It's just...I'm too busy saving money that I forgot to get a girlfriend," I laughed at his odd sense of humour. Really, I adored him.

"I'm sure you'll get one soon, Junsu-ah..." I put a hand on Junsu's shoulder when suddenly someone from behind us pulled my hand away. Both of us were surprised at the sudden contact, who dared to touch me?

I spun around first abruptly. To my surprise he was someone I had never met before. His figure was model like. He was taller than me and I was already tall for a guy in Korea, and his chiselled jaw with the almond-shaped orbs fitted with bow like lips. For a moment, he brought an aura of charisma which people would not want to mess with. He smirked at me who was glaring at him. My wrist sure looked tiny in his large hand.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I tried to pull my hand back but his grip was strong. "Get off me!"

"What did you say?" his almond-like eyes looked amused by my reaction. I huffed, without much notice I pushed his chest away and he let me go.

"What the...!" I felt my face became red of my fury. He shouldn't treat me this rudely even though he was well aware that I'm a guy.

Or did he not?

I stared at him and he chuckled to himself. I and Junsu were quite confused by his action and now he's laughing at me?

"Sir..." I am quite accustomed to calling every man who entered our shop that. "Even if you are one of our customers you have no authority to openly harass me like that," I said, tried to sound calm.

"I'm not a customer." he said, I could hear the sarcastic tone that laced with his words. His entire attitude, even the way he cocked his brows screamed arrogance. "I'm Mr Choi's business partner,"

What? I exchanged nervous glances with Junsu; obviously anyone who is associated with Mr Choi would automatically have their rights to do almost anything to the workers and the shop itself. I am apparently in a good book with Mr Choi so basically I had to kiss up to this rude guy too so I will stay in the same page forever.

But no, his attitude was not to my liking. He should not smirk like that after the scene he caused.

I frowned for a second before I forced a smile. I must bear in mind that even though it wasn't pleasant, it was still a small matter.

"What's your business here?"

"Oh, I heard there's a cute new employee here," of course he meant me. I rolled my eyes. He grabbed my wrist again; once more it boiled my blood.

"Yah!" I wanted to push him again but he grabbed my other wrist. Now I couldn't move my hands because of his tight grip. "Let go of me!"

"Make me," I gritted my teeth. If only I was a dragon, there would be smoke coming out of my nostrils. He bent down; his lips suddenly were so close to me. I heard Junsu gasped because he looked like he wanted to kiss me. I looked away and he brushed his lips against my cheek.

"Yah! Yah!" I screamed. Junsu wanted to help me but Yunho glared at him making him take a further step back. He glanced at me, he was helpless.

Suddenly he let go of me and smiled even wider.

"Tomorrow, you will make coffee for me. The usual one, ask other employees which one and I promise I'll make you my favourite,"

Oo0o0o0h...now Yunho had found his favourite waiter, what will he do?

Hi, everyone! This is the first chapter for the story, and I hope it suited you guys! Kamsahamnida for reading!