THIRTEEN

Wish You Were Not Here

Jung Yunho :

After Changmin gave up and sighed and left, I drove home after I sent Go Ara. After the incident where again I fought violently with Changmin, we didn't talk. We just watched the kid left us without ever looking back.

Was it my fault? Did it really hurt when he saw us fighting? But he said us didn't matter to him.

I bathed and changed to new clothes. Then I retreated to my room, and have a tea to soothe my mind. Exactly what I'd expected, I couldn't get my mind not thinking about the kid. I didn't know what I was doing the whole time today.

First, I never thought he would come. I thought he would never give it a chance because he didn't talk to me about it and people from not going to be there. So, I was lost. I didn't want to admit that he rejected my invitation to the family day, so I invited Go Ara instead. We were having fun - if I could say that now without getting in the wrong - until I heard the splash and the chaos. And that was when I discovered that he was here. And he might be looking for me, before he fell into the pool. I stood there frozen like a fool that I am because Go Ara was beside me and I didn't want her to know about how I really feel about the kid.

Then Changmin jumped into the water without any doubt at all, and in a blink of an eye he had saved Jaejoong. And he had resuscitated his life.

The fact hit me hard in the head. Jaejoong owed Changmin his life. He ing saved Jaejoong's life which means I was not in the running anymore to win his heart. Changmin had won, and that was why Jaejoong let Changmin hugged him. The person who looked cold and distant had fallen into Changmin's charm and I had no chance at all. I gritted my teeth, feeling my pitiful self had fallen hard for his cold existence that always deny me but still I kept coming back and think about him all the time.

I huffed, tossed and my bed until I decided to confront Jaejoong myself. I went out and locked the door and walked alone in the coldness and dampness of the rain. I was using a transparent umbrella and many times on my way to his place, I was thinking that this was a mad idea. He was angry at me. He would never let me in but I had to try. The rain hit me and the wind didn't help at all to ease the chills that engulfed me. When I arrived at his apartment, I met the security guard. Luckily this time I brought along my ID card and even though I had brought it together he still had to call my secretery to confirm it. Then was I able to enter the elevator after I asked where did Kim Hyuk Tae lives. I was waiting impatiently when in the elevator and I practically dashed to the room, and talked to the intercom inside the house.

"Umm...hi," I said, quite nervously. Now that I'd arrived at his house I actually didn't know what to say to him. Beg him to give me one more chance? Plead and promise to not do it again? "I'm Jung Yunho. Umm...Can I speak, umm...meet with Kim Jaejoong, please?"

Then there was a long silence. It felt awkward.

"Umm...I'm a friend of Jaejoong if anyone ever wondered," I added. "It's just...I owe him an apology,"

Then the door unlocked. I looked around me; no one was here. So I took it as permission and I shamelessly invited myself in. There was a hallway when I entered. I could only hear the sound of my steps and my pounding heart which was getting louder and louder. When I reached the entrance of the living room, I was astonished to see Jaejoong was standing up in the middle of the room. He wore a pale pink T-shirt and shorts that revealed his pale lower legs. He was hugging himself when his eyes bore holes on me.

"I'll just give you one time," he said, whilst all my attention was on his pouting pink lips. "You don't need to explain anything,"

"Is your parents home?" He furrowed his brows, obviously he didn't like that question.

"What do you think?" he said, annoyed. "Now, do what you have to do and please leave me alone,"

I grabbed his shoulder and without hesitating I sealed our lips together. I savoured his sweet lips, and my arms embraced me until he couldn't run away. He was struggling to break free but after a moment he relaxed. I took this moment to discontinue the kiss and looked at him. His eyes were teary. My hands travelled upward and gently I his cheek before I kissed him again.

"I'm sorry," I murmured. His lips were so soft I couldn't stop kissing. I nibbled his lower lip and he whimpered.

"No," he put both hands on my chest. "Don't leave any signs on me, please,"

I cocked my brows.

"But you let me kiss you?" he didn't say anything but I already knew his answer. I smiled and gave him a decent kiss on his lips before I kissed his cheeks and forehead. My heart was blooming and I assumed he had forgiven me because he had let me kiss him. Or, might be because he would let anyone kiss him.

"Now let me go." he demanded. I looked down and saw him frowned. "Just..." he pushed my chest and I immediately released him. I took a few steps back and he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

Something inside me felt hurt. Did my kisses taste that bad to him?

His gaze travelled back at me. His big eyes were powerful to make a strong man like me melt anytime. His face was flushed. He looked away and hugged himself.

"This isn't what you say you came for,"

"You told me to do what I have to do,"

"And then I told you to leave afterwards,"

"Jaejoong-ah..."

He glared at me again. His action right now didn't potray anything indicating that he liked my kisses. It was like he was doing what he was obliged to do and had no feelings whatsoever. It did explain why he didn't response to my kisses, though.

"I don't want you here,"

"Why? Because that one time Changmin saved your life?!"

"Two." he murmured, obviously irritated by me.

"Whatever." we huffed in silent. I tried to grab him by the shoulder but he slapped my hand away. I made another attempt and he flee, his arms flung forward to build more distance between us. I moved onward and he jumped backwards. I stepped one foot and he balled both his fists.

I glowered at him. His eyes narrowed.

"Please stop whatever you're doing." he said with a rough voice. "You're not helping the situation,"

"You too." I moved my head to the side.

"Leave me alone," he pleaded.

"Has Changmin invaded your mind now?"

"What's wrong with both of you? I am not interested in anyone!"

"Then why did you let me kiss you?"

"You forced me!"

"Oh yeah? What about now?" I took hold of him aggressively. He fell to the couch and I was on him. I kissed him passionately, and ignored his whimpering and pushing. I held his wrists in one hand and my kisses were more violent.

"Don't do this to me, please!" he pleaded. I didn't care, instead, I continued kissing his jawline and cheeks. "Please stop!"

"Wae? You did this with Changmin already?" he shook his head violently.

"No, no."

Suddenly I heard the door opened and people came inside the house. I quickly panicked and let go of Jaejoong. The kid sprung up immediately and before he could straighten his shirt and his hair, both of his parents appeared. He went pale. He covered his bleeding mouth (because of what I did) and brushed his hair down with his shaking fingers.

"You..." Kim Hyuk Tae moved to his son and shockingly to me he struck Jaejoong's face with such a strong force that the kid fell on the floor. I jumped.

"Director Kim...!" I lurched forward in front of Jaejoong but Kim Hyuk Tae didn't care. He hit Jaejoong several times more before I knelt down and hugged Jaejoong who had started to sob. "Please, it was me who started it. It was me, not Jaejoong!"

"You are a bloody disgrace, Jaejoong! How could you seduce a man just because you are blessed with that face?" Kim Hyuk Tae roared. His face had turned purple. "I don't want another history of this forbidden relationship anymore!"

Forbidden?

"But, sir..." I opened my mouth.

"Get out of my house now, Jung Yunho!" I cowered. "Now! Or else you won't see Jaejoong ever again,"

I couldn't fight anymore, so I walked away from the house not knowing this was a turning point in Jaejoong's life.

***

It was quite strange the next day. No, it wasn't strange. More like a gloomy day for me and strange for everyone else.

Grandma called me today early in the morning. She told me that Kim Hyuk Tae had stopped all the businesses that associated with our company for a while without any definite reason. Well, I could guess it was because of me. He wouldn't want me to disturb his precious son anymore. But why would he hit Jaejoong like that when I already admitted that everything was my fault.

I should have not force myself on the kid. I was the one who got him into the big mess. I was the one who started this. But his father never answered my phone call or texted back at me.

Suddenly Changmin entered my office. His usually tanned face seemed red with fury.

"Don't tell me Jaejoong's discontinuation working here aren't because of you!" he slammed the door and threw a folder onto the couch. I sighed. "Yunho,"

"It was..."

"I know it was you! I knew all along that everything was related to you!"

What? I didn't plead guilty yet.

"Changmin..."

"Bring him back here, Yunho. I'll make sure to hit you harder this time to teach you!"

"He doesn't like us, Changmin-ah." I said, finally letting go of what was bugging me since last night. Changmin didn't bat an eyelid, so I knew he was aware of it too. He turned to me, his face was severe as if he wanted to hit me if he could right now. But we were at the office so people would be suspicious if I exit this room with black eyes. "He only kissed us because he was afraid."

"I want to get him back here,"

"It's no use. I've talk to his father's secretary, the condition didn't favour us anymore." Changmin groaned. His forehead creased. "I just hoped our business relationships still intact even though it was damaged..."

"You still think about that when that kid didn't come here anymore?"

"Changmin-ah, his presence is essential for our relationship with his father's company,"

"I thought you liked him! I thought you were being nice to him because he was him!"

"Changmin, listen to me!" he scoffed but later scowled.

"What was I seeing before? Did you know about his background when he was still working at the coffee shop?" I sighed as my hand palming my forehead. Changmin put both hands on my table and glared at me. He was ready to pounce at me anytime now if ever I let my guard down. "Oh, so now you wanted to act innocent telling me that you like him without knowing who he really is. What a bull-ish," he glowered at me, his mismatched eyes were judging me. I massaged the bridge of my nose; there's a lot of problems that I had to solve when he was being childish like this.

"Have you done talking, Changmin?"

"No, I have not done talking. You should be aware that he's not someone who you could fool around with," this time I looked up at him. "I'll protect him this time." I swallowed. "Admit it. Give up when all you care about is the company alone,"

I gritted my teeth. Of course I would never want him to insult him but I knew I had laid my priorites straight. It had always been my career first before anything else even though I said that I like this kid more than anything. It had always been like that. I had not ready to think of anything else now. It's my career that had driven me to who I am now.

When I didn't say anything, he shook his head. His piercing eyes were still furious at me, but his lips had curled into a smile. He was an expert in contradicting actions like this. His eyes would betray what he was feeling but his action would always be the one which would fool you.

"He's mine and I'll protect him with all my might. Don't ever think that you would stand a chance with him,"

I didn't say anything. I was tired. I was exhausted because of my stupid self last night our company was this close to losing our next biggest ally.

Changmin inhaled a deep breath and slowly he walked backwards and slumped into the couch beside the abandoned folders.

"What did I tell you, Changmin?" I said after a while of long and heavy silent. Changmin started to bite his nails and gazed out the window just to avoid me. My voice sounded defeated and weak. I gathered my strength; I wanted to make everything okay again before I run back to the kid although fat chance I would win his heart. Changmin was not in my position and he would never had to be in one so he didn't need to know about the burdens that I carried on my shoulder. He was fuming but who could possibly measure who's angry the most? He didn't even know what had happened last night and how it affected me like glass that fell and broken on a stone. Had he seen the kid so vulnerable like that? Being beaten by his dad because of me?

"What?" Changmin asked, after I didn't continue. I sighed and shook my head.

"Just leave me alone, Changmin." my heart ached because I knew it would sound like I had given up the kid. "Just leave me."

Changmin watched me as if a miracle just happened. He smirked at me and for the first time ever he bowed but only slightly to me. When he lifted his head back up again, he just turned to the door and left without any words.

A/N annyeong everyone! sorry for the late update! it's been very chaotic over here, and i am very, very pleased with all your love and support!

looks like Jaejoong was in trouble again, and the emotion roller coaster was on again! sorry for making him that way, everyone! i really want Jaejoong to have his happy ending, but i need to make the plot to be sensible so...

anyway, i hope you enjoy this chapter because actually i love it that both Jaejoong and Yunho had kissed! ~ even if it was in a bad way and with bad intention...

okay, so...please tell me what you think and thank you everyone again for your support!