ELEVEN

Wish You Were Not Here

Jung Yunho

I went to the hospital after I got the phone call from Junsu, the kid's best friend. They said they were at the hospital because Changmin was injured.

He was actually being treated in the emergency department when I got there. Both of the kids were there with him. They looked worried, especially Junsu. Changmin's scraps on his elbows were cleaned by the male medical assistant there. Changmin winced in pain when the alcohol swab hit his cut.

"Hey," I walked into the room, and the three of them looked at me. "God, what happened to you!?"

"Fell down. The usual," he replied nonchalantly. The kid walked and stood before me, and bowed down.

"I'm sorry, Yunho-ssi, because of us Changmin-ssi is injured!" then Junsu ran over and bowed down together with the kid too. My eyes travelled back at Changmin and he rolled his eyes.

"It wasn't that big a deal, kids! I was just doing my job,"

"Did he get into a fight?" Jaejoong answered my question with a nod. I shook my head, massaging my forehead because his old attitude had come back. "I thought you changed!"

"I am! I just couldn't bear to see the kids being bullied like that! Should I just leave them alone?"

"Can you talk to them with kindness and rationality? Should you just get into a fight?"

"One of them hurt Jaejoong!" I turned towards Jaejoong and saw he was actually wearing Changmin's jacket. There was a cut on his lips too, and also...my hands went towards the jacket and slowly I pulled it a bit. His shirt was torn. My heart sunk into my stomach. He bit his lip.

I knew why Changmin couldn't control himself. If it was me, I would never let the kid live ever again.

I turned to Changmin again. The male medical assistant had already leave.

"Okay, do you want to come home with me?"

"Send the boys home," Changmin said, his eyes locked on Jaejoong. Junsu was fidgeting too and he clung on Jaejoong for support. Both of them were still shaken by what Changmin could do. Even now, I was terrified of him.

When Changmin was in school, he was the bully. He bullied everyone, he took turns with his gang to fight with outsiders and sometimes Grandma had to step in to stop him from fighting ever again. His attitude became a lot worse when he knew that he was an illegitimate child of his father with his mistress. He rebelled, didn't come to school and if he did come, he made the school a living hell. Plenty of times Grandma had to pay for the damage that he had done and it wasn't in a small amount. Changmin ran away for times that I lost count of, and back only when Grandma pretended to fall sick. Changmin hated his father, and actually refused to be in the position he was in right now but somehow he changed his mind.

Up until now, I didn't know what changed his mind.

I sighed when I looked at Junsu and Jaejoong again.

"Okay."

"No hanky-panky," Changmin warned me again. I nodded and with a stride of my leg Jaejoong and Junsu followed me. We walked towards my car and Jaejoong sat beside me while Junsu at the backseat. We weren't talking, so we let the comfortable silent haunted us. Jaejoong was looking out the window the whole time I was driving and more times than often I wondered what was running inside his mind that his eyes looked vacantly empty.

I sent Junsu home first and headed towards our own neighbourhood to send Jaejoong off. When we arrived in front of the building, I didn't unlock the door first.

"Do you like him?" his face turned red. I bit my lower lip. "Answer me, so that I don't have to wait for you." His eyes widened at my words. He watched me, his body stiffened.

"Yunho-ssi,"

"Just answer me,"

"Changmin-ssi asked me the same question this morning."

"About him?"

"About you." he said, while looking into my eyes intensely. "He asked me whether I like you or not," I felt my heart started to beat really fast. And then he looked away, but I touched his cheek turning him towards me back.

"What do you say?"

"I don't know." he shrugged, his eyes averted downwards. He swallowed, but he did look sad. "I just...this wasn't the time for me to think about this."

"Why? Both of us like you, Jaejoong." he shook his head.

"Why?"

"Why?" I wrinkled my forehead. It was ridiculous.

"I don't want to become your object to chase, Yunho-ssi. I don't want people to like me because of my face,"

I knew he's beautiful but it wasn't the case right now. He was much more than that. He was beautiful inside and out. I found out about it since I started to know him because I wanted to win the bet.

"I'm not like any other guys," his eyes flickered at my words. He suddenly looked sad and distant. I held his face, forcing him to look me in the eyes.

"Any guys would say that," I heard him murmured. "People say that and then they'll leave eventually," I caressed his hair and he looked away again. I remembered Changmin; did Changmin say that too to him? Why would you look so sad? What was your answer to him, Jaejoong? Did you say you like me?

"Do you like me? Or him?"

"I'm sorry, I can't..." he shook his head and started to sob. Why was he crying? "I just...I'm sorry," he wiped it away hastily but the tears kept coming out. What was it that you are thinking?

"Hey, it's okay..." I whispered. "Shh..." he bit his lower lip again and I felt that I couldn't hold it in again. The feelings inside of me were raging like fire. I wanted to hold him, be there for him and be everything that he wanted. But why would he cry now if not because of Changmin?

I held his shoulder and the other hand wiped his tears. I held him tight, and he looked up because of it. That was when I leaned down and our lips met for the first time. He was reluctant at first but when I held his face and caressed his cheek he started to mewl. The kiss was salty and sweet in the same time. He moaned. Oh, God, don't do that! I his breath and our tongue danced together. He didn't even fight for dominance. He let me explore his cavern and he would moan in displeasure. His hand pushed my chest but my hand there held it tightly.

I let go of him when both of us were out of breath. I saw his face then; I didn't know if it hurts me or not. He was still crying but he didn't fight that well, like he wanted me to go on. But his creased brows, his hurting eyes told me otherwise.

"Please," he said after a while. "Open the door."

I obliged. As soon as the door unlocked, Jaejoong opened the car door and walked outside. Never once he looked back at me.

***

Changmin didn't come to work today, but he did.

Even though he only came in yesterday, he already showed promising talents in pleasing everyone else except his father. He worked as a temp or an office boy in the company, so basically he was like a slave to the secretaries. I didn't know if he was good in his current job or not because I was busy with my next project which should be presented to the board of directors this weekend. Then, we would have our family day to celebrate something that I already forgotten of. I only heard my secretary gossiped about him when I was about to go to the lounge to meet a client.

I waited in front of the elevator, with my secretary close behind. She was carrying the important folders and because it was her job, she wouldn't let me help to hold it. She was used to the job already. Then the elevator door opened.

The kid was inside there, with bundles of papers in his hands. It seemed like they were going to fall off.

"Hey," I dashed at him. He was shocked to see me. "Are you okay?"

"Ah...Yunho-ssi," his voice broke when he said my name. I stole a glance at my secretary who was watching us before back at Jaejoong. Jaejoong kept his head down when he walked past me. I entered the elevator and tried really hard to not look back at him and watched him leave.

I had fallen in love with him; I was so sure of it. But how could I win his heart when he was always cold like that?

After the meeting ended, I went to find him. He wasn't anywhere to be found. I gave up after a while and I stayed inside my office after I asked the secretary to inform me if he's back.

He entered my room about one hour later. He looked distracted.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"Nowhere. Just..."

"I'll send you home when your hours ended,"

"Yunho-ssi, you don't need to,"

"I have to." I said without giving any logical explanation to him. He shrugged and sat down on the couch there. He was thinking hard, because his brows were hooked. I gathered my thoughts; it was because I wanted to look clever and matured and I wanted to leave good impressions on him. "How's your second day?"

"Is that why you asked me here?"

"Uhh..."

"Then everything's fine. If it's okay with you, I would like to leave now,"

"Jaejoong, no, wait." I rushed to him and stopped his stride to the door. He didn't look surprised but more of unsure. "I'm...uh...do you have free time this weekend?"

"Huh?" he wanted to run away now. I'm sure of it. He had fled quite a few times from me before so I knew this expression well.

"No. Wait, before you assume anything, it had nothing...no, no..." I was anxious. He looked at me questioningly. "There will be a family day this weekend, the company's family day, I wanted to invite you together."

"A family day?"

"It will be a gathering,” he rolled his eyes, “No, wait." I sighed. "It's a family day that all the staffs gather and have fun together."

"I know what a family day is," he mumbled.

"Will you come?" I touched his left arm, stopping him one more time. He gazed at me with his bright shiny eyes.

"I'm just a..."

"I want you to come. Please." there! Shameless Yunho!

He stood there, aghast.

"I'll be good. I'll tell Changmin we'll be friends for that just one day. You'll have...we, we'll have so much fun," our eyes locked for quite some time before finally he exhaled a short breath.

"I...I'll think about it," and then I let go of his arm. He walked to the door and I swore I saw a faint smile emerged on his face when he opened the door.

A/N hello everyone! it's reached the eleventh chapter and i really, really hope you like it! jaejoong is again confused with both of them! it's again a battle between Changmin and Yunho to win his heart! and i think Changmin had become a bit like a gentleman, and so did Yunho.

aish...so...the poster for this story will be up! it is a poster made by NoLimitXInfinite, because I had no time to make it. i could barely find the time to write my story. aaah...reality very much. but please support me because your comments and subscriptions are my joys! i rarely get it in the ObGyn department, lolz! except for the crying babies, apparently, but....

okay, i will stop talking now *because i'm hyper and i need to read tons of books*. thank you very much for your support, everyone! SARANGHAMNIDA!!!!~