Farewell For Now

My Online Boyfriend (Fixing chapters)

 

Hanna's POV

 

"Key where are we going?" I demanded to know now where on earth he was taking us in all of a rush. I mean, we were just in the dormitory being on the verge of confessions and tears then this happened and that happened and kaboom we're in his car driving downtown. 

"Key." I faced him in the passenger seat.

The tension on his face never left my mind, leaving me feel more uncomfortable than I already am. I began chewing on the insides of my cheeks when I noticed  the position he was sitting in. His right wrist was resting on top of the wheel, while he was playing with the designer ring on his finger, while his left elbow was propped against the driver's door, also gently scraping his teeth on his knuckles while looking onto the road mindlessly. 

I feel like he's the feminine one in our relationship sometimes. He worries too much, which makes me worry more, which makes him worry more, which makes me worry even more and--

"Key, talk to me," I insisted to give it another try for the billionth time. 

And for the billionth and one time-- no reply.

I squeezed my eyes shut then huffed out,"Kim Key Kim Bum Kim Key Bum!" Obviously my billionth and second try did no affect either. I gave him one last glare and slumped back into the car seat and turned towards the window beside me. I felt like a human ball from the way I was sitting-- I brought my legs onto the seat and hugged them closely to my chest while my head was bobbing up and down on the car door. My most insecure fetal position was my most comfortable position. 

I don't know what's wrong with me.

What's wrong with us...

What are we?

What are we? Who are we? And what are we doing at this point?

I closed my eyes and let my mind wander into it's own place where it can feed me some advice.

But really, what happened to me during these months? The most craziest things has happened that I can't even believe myself. Putting aside that I'm basically Shinee's little sister, but Key's... close.. other? We're not significant and we're not lovers so.. we're "close others", is what my mind's advice has given to me. My small, confused little mind. 

Everything was rushed too fast. That's all I'm concluding. I mean, I'm only in highschool and here I am flaunting myself with a pop star whom I barely know on a deep reality personal level. 

I've always wonder what it would be like if I kept things simple and secret. If I only kept talking to Key on Meebo, and never asked life for us to be this close. What if.. what if I was only a fan and not a friend? I snatched a quick peek at Key, seeing he was in the same position I turned my attention back out the window. If I was only a fan.. If I was still my spazzed old self and had the computer screen with his picture there in front of me to scream at. If I followed my parent's rule of not talking to strangers online. If I hadn't replied back to him on our chat. If I completely ignored him..

What if I had the chance to rewind back everything?

Would it be better to not have Key in my life? To not have met him at all? 

I sighed and tried to fall asleep in the car-  as I always do. Trying to tell myself to forget Key is like trying to forget your bestfriend's name. Which by the way, I must call Minhee to see what she's been up to. 

But this is it, I've had all my fangirl feels gone and now I almost feel bad for myself. I need to slow things down. We need to slow things down. I mean, we can always see what will happen in the future, but right now I should be lucky enough to even have Key this close to me- all of Shinee close to me.

I opened my eyes when I felt the car shake furiously then come to a stop. I sat up in my seat looking out all windows and realized we were parked on a dirt road. That moment when you're trying to sleep off your stress, but wake to an earthquake feeling. I swear. 

What caught my attention at the time was Key though.

I sat quietly and waited. I feel like right now would be the perfect time to ask Key where he thought we were going; just... when he hugged me back at the apartment and sincerly whispered... 

"I'm sorry," Key said, raising his head from his downward glance and looked at me. I had no choice but to look at him as well. I think I knew where this was going- starting to feel slightly nervous but relieved. 

My stomach twisted, but I didn't want to show my nervousness through my actions, so I kept pinching my fingers through my hands I clamped together on my knees. I gave a polite smile, which felt like a really weak smile to me, and slightly shook my head. 

"It's fine." 

"No Hanna, I'm really sorry." He turned his body to face me and looked at me as if he expected some random outburst of emotions. 

My body tensed to the sudden loudness of his voice, and I felt a bit scared. I felt like he was going to attack me if I didn't show any emotion in front of him, so I just lowered my head- my attempt in trying to avoid is gaze. Key sighed and lowered his head as well. We stayed in this melancholy mood for quiet awhile, just contemplating with our thoughts on what to do next. 

Here we were, parked on the side of a highway road, not really sure where we were driving to in the first place. He said he was taking us downtown to eat, but I feel as if we went far, far down town- where city buildings aren't in view, but a wide variety of heat rays and hills. We definitely have our privacy now. 

Sigh, okay, focus, focus.. how should I break this to Key? Let's.. dream.. if Key really does profess to me right here right now, how would I reply? Most importantly.. how do I feel? I never thought about my personal deep feelings towards Key aside from my fangirl moments. But real life situations like these, do I really like Key?

"Key I-"

"Hanna I-"

We both stared at each other for a split second then began to chuckling at our perfect timings. 

"You first-"

"You go-"

I sighed with a smile and Key eye smiled. Not sure how I should feel at the moment. 

Before we got anymore distracted, I just decided to let it out. Just ask him already. But before I could ask him where we were going in this relationship of ours he beat me to it. 

"Hanna," Key began," I was being stupid this morning. I didn't mean to.. say that.." 

I wasn't sure how to reply to him, so I just stayed quiet and listened to him. 

"It's just it's been awhile since I've had a girl- no, woman friend I could just be myself around and open up to, and I guess my feelings got to the best of me and I expressed everything way too early, which probably caught you off guard.. and.. everything just came too fast and I know we just met and this is all so unbelieveable and we're just stupid teenagers making the wrong decisions in life and... and... -"

"Key's I've been thinking exactly the same," I butted in to not make him feel like he was the only one who felt everything was being too fast forwarded. "We took this way too fast and I have no idea how we got this way. I guess our feelings did get to the best of us, but I feel like we should tone everything down right now."

Oh no, I hope I didn't make anything too obvious. Does Key assume that I like him? Is he waiting for me to say "but this whole time Key, I actually really liked you", is that why he's quiet? I may be overthinking this, but I don't know at this point. What I came to finalize though is that I hope after our whole talk here in the car, we'll settle things down to where him and I will be very close friends. Nothing more, but just merely friends. Then maybe we'll see what will happen to us from here on. If we keep our friendship close, nothing and no one should be able to bother us. 

"I just need some time to think," I quickly added in,"plus I need some time to rest and figure out how to explain to my mom and Minhee where I've been for the past 2 days," I joked to lighten the mood.

Key laughed,"Right! I forgot we technically kidnapped you."

Right.. I was technically kidnapped and no one even tried calling for a search party to find me.. what is my life?

My both chuckled at each other then both looked forward. We really were far down town. Far, far downtown.. I hope Key paid attention to where on earth he drove us too because from the looks of it, this place doesn't look like Seoul anymore- not even Korea. I feel like we got abandoned far into the desert states.

Key sighed as if he just let out a huge confession- which he technically did. I just sighed in the inside and turned to look out the window beside me. 

"But..", Key began," We are agreeing that we're staying friends right?"

"Since we rushed way too fast," I said while turning to look at him. 

He sincerely looked at me and nodded. I took this into consideration and replied with a yes. I mean, this was rushed too fast. Way.. way.. too fast; to the point where this was all just unbelievable. But it's okay, it's not like it's the end of the world or we've done something wrong or anything too drastic, I'm still very close friends with Key and we can keep it positively like that right? Love can't be rushed. Friendship can take it's time. Key and I are making the right decision though, and this decision is effective in a good way right? 

... right?

"Alright, so since I said I would take you out to eat, I should really take you out to eat," Key joked and the engine. I woke up from my thoughts and smiled at him. Okay Hanna, forget this, forget what happened, forget everything! You're starting anew with Key. Key and I are best friends now and no one will interfere now since we're just friends! 

"Well of course Mr. Online Boyfriend! haha!.. ha..," I stopped completely and felt the air get out of me," I mean- what."

"What?" Key questioned as he made a U-turn and continued to drive down the road one hundred miles per hour. 

"What? Nothing. Hi," I said in one short breath. 

Key looked at me at the corner of his eye, then looked towards the road again. "Hi."

I smiled when I sensed a little deja vu going on. 

Hi. 

The most simplest word to start any conversation- the greeting to begin with when you start anew with someone. Nothing could make me happier than the day I finally got to meet my... best friend. 

My best friend Key. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

Mother ing ... Key. Hanna. Where the balls are you guys I swear I will kill you both in your sleep. 

Worse, I'll pour hot sauce in your mouth while you guys are peacefully sleeping.

Or were sleeping peacefully, as I should say. 

"Kim Jonghyun! Answer me!" 

I scrunched up my face as I felt a bead of sweat trickling down my forehead. 

"Yes, manager hyung?"

He sighed into the phone and grumbled Korean nonsense in the background. I turned and looked back at everyone casually sitting on the couch and glared at them. I covered the phone and yelled at them.

"GUYS. What the- are you doing? Can you help me? Why am I dealing with this?" I hissed at them. 

They all looked at me in unison, shrugged, then continued to go back onto their electronics. 

"AH! DAMN YOU ALL! Taemin!"

"Huh..," Taemin replied back unconsciously; the boy never looked up from his phone for not even a second. His face was towards my direction, but not his eyes.

"Will you be a sweetheart and go out and find Key and-"

"No."

Damn you. 

"JONGHYUN!"

"AHH UH HUH?" I panically replied back to hyung on the phone. My phone just did this 360 degree spin when I freaked it was so cool. 

I listened to him kick chairs and flip papers and I'm just guessing, but probably his desk too. It scared the out of me I swear, was he this angry about Key sneaking in Hanna late at night? Who did it affect? .. Okay yeah it could affect us publically.. but will it really ruin us? It's... well yeah it could ruin us because all the fans would be like "omg key was touching anothers girl's shoulder eheheh omg that ~."

"GET KEY NOW." Is all I heard and then the phone hung up. 

Well... I am officially deaf now..

I bit the lower inside of my lip and angrily sighed loudly in front of the members. I closed my phone and tossed in on the table. I then turned towards everyone and noticed they didn't even care what I had to deal with just seconds ago.

"You all are dead to me now," I stated and slumped my way towards the couch. 

Minho chuckled and placed his phone down, then leaned back on the couch while placing his hands behind his head. All relaxed and .

"Okay, so what happened?" He asked with a smile plastered on his Minho face. 

I just glared at him and didn't even care to reply.. for like a second though.

"Dumb stuff about Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them," I bluntly replied. 

"I recorded that!" Onew giddily smiled and mockingly shook his phone in front of my face. 

"Dumb stuff about Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

"Nice one hyung!" Taemin laughed and they both exchanged high fives. 

What is wrong with people today. Today is the day where I hate people. Why do people hate me? What did I do to them? Where is my panda hat? I need it. Ugh, my life. 

"Dumb stuff about Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

Onew played his recording again and I scoffed at him. 

"-Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

Onew was laughing hysterically at this point, as well at the other members. They knew that if Key heard me say anything bad against Hanna he would literally punch the living guts out of me. This isn't funny. He better not send this or show this to them.

"-Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

"Onew," I demanded him to stop. 

"-Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

"Onew, stop." I was grinding my teeth together now," It's not even funny."

"-Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

"Onew.."

"-Hanna. I swear I hate them."

"Onew..."

"-Hanna. I hate-"

"ONEW! GIVE IT TO ME!"

Before I could even dare get my hands threateningly around Onew's throat, we all heard keys trying to unlock the door. 

The whole room was dead silent. 

Suddenly the door opened and Key walked in first, then Hanna followed behind. They both walked in laughing and chuckling as Hanna closed the door, and Key threw the key's on the table. 

"Hi guys!" they both greeted us as they made their way towards the couch and got comfortable.

The whole room was still silent. 

Their annoyingly happy smiles eventually faded and they both sat awkwardly in front of us. Everyone stopped using their phones and looked down at the ground. Me though, I was glaring the hell out of Key. The things I have to tell him and put up with for him, my lord. 

So there we were. Finally all together in one room. Key and Hanna on one couch, and me and Minho on the couch across from them. Onew and Taemin were leaning against our side of the couch on the floor. 

Things are about to get serious. I can sense Key's "what the hell is going on?" question about to be asked. I can also sense Hanna's fear at the moment. She was deadly looking down at her hands that were fidgeting on her lap and ignored our presence completely. She wants to ask what happened, but was too afraid that we might yell at her. Which we probably will, because every bad situation that just happened right now is technically all her fault.

Then all of a sudden, before anyone could pitch in their questions, our ing hyung plays:

"Dumb stuff about Key and Hanna. I swear I hate them."

Oh.

My.

Dear.

Why.

Key's eyes literally popped out into round circles out and Hanna's mouth just slightly dropped and her head slightly tilted in confusion. 

Very much going to punch my own hyung later. I will punch you Onew. 

"Excuse me?!" Key shouted down at us as he stood up from the couch enraged. 

I heard the guys around me try and hold in their laughs, while I just rolled my eyes. You idiots.

"Oh no," Hanna said as she placed her hand on her forehead. I feel as if they just finished having a rampage talk or something. 

I saw the corner of his lips twitch and I knew was going down now, but I'm going to be giving him the that will make him feel down! Or, wait, I shouldn't be bragging about that because this situation is really a depressing matter..

"Jonghyun! Didn't I deliberately scold you billions of times already!" Key began as usual, again, and I just sat there sighing. Okay need to put the joking aside and tell him.

"Look Key, there's stuff I have to tell you." 

"Hanna is not a fan girl anymore and she is one of us! She will not bring over her friend that will continuously caress you or anything-"

I paused and gave him a strange look up and down, but just shook it off,"Key seriously, we gotta tell you-"

"-and like Hanna and I talked already and we're great friends now!" he cheered as he looked happily down at Hanna. She smiled back at him too and nodded. 

The room grew silent again and we all just.. didn't know how to react to this. 

"What?.." I quietly questioned and they both just looked at me confused. 

Weren't we all supposed to fight for them? For them to be together? What is this crap about being friends- I mean what the hell? What happened to Key's "Oh she's the one", and,"I will be with her no matter what", and,"Hanna is my soul mate"- I mean what? Are they lying to us, or just hiding something? This makes no sense,  I heard Key confess to her this morning... so, why are we going to continue on with this lie of Hanna and just tell everything in the company that Hanna is just a friend? We can have our own friends, just not girlfriends yet. Okay, I give up, this was all just a waste of time then.. I thought Key was serious about this one too..

Before anyone could open their mouths, the door bursted open. My heart literally jumped to the sound of the door slamming against the wall, and now everything is going down. 

"Crap..." I cursed under my breath.

Hyung's evil eye scanned the whole room until it landed on Hanna. I took a side glance at her and saw the panic in her eyes- the fear she felt. I hope Key knows what consequences we're all about to face now. 

The unexpected happened and Key took the brave step to defend everyone. "This is my fault hyung," his voice trembled and I can tell he's breaking down inside by the way he was tightening and un-tightening his fists. "Don't put the blame on everyone, this whole idea of bringing H-.." he paused a bit, but quickly announced,"-my friend here. I'm sorry hyung if publicized pictures of us made it on the internet.."

"SHUT UP."

We all froze and our eyes remained focus on our manager in an instant. Never once has hyung ever cursed at us this way. 

The tension and uncomfortable vibe in this room to a thousand when we saw hyung take a step towards Hanna and Key. A few more steps and he was already glaring down at her. Hanna looked like a poor, helpless little mouse, trying to escape it's suffocating cage as she looked up with a glint in her eye. I couldn't tell if her eyes were watering or what- right now I'm scared for her life. 

"Name?" Hyung demanded.

Not even a second passed and she replied,"Hanna."

"Full name."

"Choi Hanna."

Key closed his eyes for a brief moment, then sympathetically looked at Hanna. I bet he just telepathically apologized greatly to her right now. 

"Relationship?" Hyung demanded again.

There was a short pause as Hanna slightly looked down in thought, but then answered," Friend." Key's face was neutral.

Manager Hyung kept his firm stance in front of her, while keeping a tensed face looking down upon Hanna. He didn't move his eyes away from hers, as a hateful linger filled their personal bubble space. Nothing could be said at the moment- we had no idea what he planned to do next. When personal business problems mix in with company problems... I'll just say that our manager is not a nice person... not even a hint of a smile will show until all problems are cleared- wait.. 

Hanna's the problem here... 

"Hyung," Key insisted and shook his head. You can see the pain in his eyes clearly.  "Please, let me take care of it-"

"ENOUGH." He snapped and looked up at Key who was standing near Hanna. Her face was expressionless as she stared forward. 

Key took a step forward and slightly pushed Hanna behind him. I'm pretty sure he got the idea of what hyung might do to Hanna, but whatever he says to try and defend her, right now won't work. 

"Hyung, I promise you this time, I can explain everything-"

"Stop it already," He interrupted. Everyone was thinking of all the possibilities hyung would do to us once this whole fight was over. He could ban us from internet again, cancel our party after our Japan concert, or take away our free time on our days off, but we all witnessed something worse that didn't affect us all equally, but this time, only made one of us the most deliberately insane. What happened shortly afterwards was something we were not expecting at all; was something Key wasn't expecting at all..

 

"I forbid Choi Hanna to ever receive contact from you all ever again."

 

 

 


 

First of all, I'd like to say DON'T SHOOT ME I AM VERY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG. 
School problems and grounding problems is preventing me from updating more... 
I hope you all got the update that I will be
updating every Saturday now instead of Friday, because I asked if I could switch internet days x)
But.. anyways.. hello and I hope you all are doing amazing on this lovely weekend :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this update oo; I don't know right now.. I'm trying to lead this on to something which you'll see later.. 
This will all make sense later LOL. 

 

OKAY WELL JUST WANTED TO SAY I LOVE YOU ALL, MY SUBBIES, THAT HAVE SUPPORTED ME UNTIL NOW!
Thank you for all who understand my situation for not updating for ages I sincerely apologize with all my heart ;___;